Don't forget them

Armagon

DT6i50gXkAMEA9m.jpg

As of today's Xenoblade 2 update patch, the proud Ardainian soldiers will no longer ask if you can take them. They will no longer tell you to not forget them. Truly the saddest loss of 2018.

If you find any Ardainian soldiers memes, post them here as tribute. I'll start

I've only played Xenoblade 1, dude, and I'm not even done with it!

Mumkhar was a coward but I like his badass claw gloves. I have a Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles OC who uses claw gloves as his main weapon and he's pretty awesome, a scrawny selkie boy who's not as prone to thievery as the majority of his kind. Kids were assholes to him growing up and called him an overgrown lilty, but since when are kids NOT assholes?

Yes I realize now this is about generic soldiers, but there's a video about Mumkhar "fucking dying" in the OP.

Edited by Dragoncat

Okay, no joke though, I am more patriotic for Mor Ardain than I've probably ever been for any real country. I genuinely appreciate Monolith Soft so much for making an Empire with an Imperial Germany/Austro-Hungary aesthetic not be just generic Nazi ripoffs. Plus, Morag is IMO one of the only female characters with an actively good design(I don't know if her hat is intentionally an Austro-Hingarian Hussar Captain hat but it sure looks like it) as it wasn't sexualized, which of course is why she's my newest Monarchist/video game crush.

While I have not played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 the Switch is a rip off of the glorious Wii U I do appreciate Mor Ardain and all it stands for. It is truly unfortunate that they have now lost yet another resource in their scarcity. I will keep the Ardanian memories living in my heart.

And I never even played the game yet despite having it. Was this a glitch? What warranted the update? My Switch isn't connected to the Internet yet, for some reason it fails to recognize the wifi. So I guess I'd still have this?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think her hat resembles a train.....

But otherwise yeah! Really love Morags design with that awesome longcoat of her. 

I mean, there's a side quest where you basically destroy the Black Hand with glorious Hapsburg Ladair might. Gormott is Bosnia. Uraya is France, Indol is Italy, Tantal is the United Kingdom, etc. Argentum is Switzerland. And then Torna are the Bolsheviks or something.

Really Torna are most like the Brotherhood of Mutants in X-men, but whatever.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I never even played the game yet despite having it. Was this a glitch? What warranted the update? My Switch isn't connected to the Internet yet, for some reason it fails to recognize the wifi. So I guess I'd still have this?

Assholes thought it was annoying, because they run the no fun police.

Change.org rarely actually works but someone actually made a petition to bring back the voice lines and it's so close to it's goal. The Xenoblade fandom truly is a special place.

2 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Wait. So the patch made it so they don't shout when they fight?

I mean, they still shout but nowhere nearly as much (people are fighting entire mobs of Ardainian soldiers without hearing anything from them) and "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME" and 'DON'T FORGET ME" straight-up aren't in the game anymore and those are the two lines that made the Ardainian soldiers so memeorable (yes, i intentionally spelled it like that) in the first place.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It wasn't a glitch at all. What caused it was because the frequency of the voice lines is much higher compared to Xenoblade 1. This caused the voices to overlap. The lines themselves are still just as memorable as they were in Xenoblade 1 but the Ardainian soldiers actually ended up getting most of the fame. "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME" and "DON'T FORGET ME" were the most common voice lines from them and it got really hilarious when you're fighting multiple Ardainian soldiers and their voice lines overlapped. It can't have been a glitch because those two lines were literally the only ones that were cut.

17 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

Gormott is Bosnia. Uraya is France

Actually, i believe Gormott is more Welsh while Uraya is more Australian. At least when it comes to accents. The architecture of the two countries could totally be modeled after Bosnia and France but i'm no expert on that. I mean, Mor Ardain does have a Germany/Austro-Hungary aesthetic but their accents are Scottish.

Oh no, it's just a ha fished WWI metaphor with no real validity. Although I can say that Mor Ardain has little to no resemblance to any actual Scottish government or culture in history; it very much is an amalgamation of Germany and Austria-Hungary, with some of Rome thrown in with the element of the Senate.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Change.org rarely actually works but someone actually made a petition to bring back the voice lines and it's so close to it's goal. The Xenoblade fandom truly is a special place.

5 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

hah, nintendo thinks they can take them without anyone caring? They're wrong!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

"THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME" and 'DON'T FORGET ME" straight-up aren't in the game anymore

Ah that sucks. I actually find stuff like that hilarious. And I found the Ardainian Soldiers fun to figh for that reason.

What's funny was I was planning on making a thread yesterday about a subject similar to this. It was going to be about weird/funny voice acting in video games.

Atleast Xenoblade 1 still has gems like "YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE"