My First Hack - FE8 Reskin

Armaada_J

So in order to get better at using FEBuilder I have decided to make an FE8 reskin up to the route split (and possibly further if I feel like it) To this end I'll be using this post to document my ideas and brainstorming as I go. I will put question marks (?) next to things that I'm unsure of how to do properly. I fully acknowledge that most people wouldn't be interested in playing this hack but I'm hoping that by developing my skills I'll eventually be able to make a hack that people do want to play :)

RED Text has been completed and is in the ROM

1. Eirika is now Lyn with all of her growths, bases, etc. The Rapier is also the Mani Katti.
  2. Seth is now the Black Knight and starts with a Light Brand (not sure if I want to make Alondite when Light Brand and Rune Sword exist).
  3. All Bows are now 1-3 range
  4. Blades are now 1-2 range
  5. Split Cavaliers into Sword, Lance, Axe, and Bow Knights a la Tellius
  6. Split Knights into Sword, Lance, and Axe Armors
  7. Gilliam is now Haar. He also comes with a sleep staff  an Axe Cavalier
  8. Franz is now Tiki with an unlimited use 1-2 range Dragonstone
  9. Vanessa is now an Archer (In tribute to my deceased Lets Play)
  10. Moulder is now Boulder and is an Ax Armor
  11. Garcia is Ike, and I might make a Ragnell for him
  12. Ross is Troubador Mist
  13. "Ross and Garcia" are auto recruited to save everyone a headache
  14. Neimi and Colm are Mae and Boey respectively
  15. Artur and Lute are now Matthew and Leila BECAUSE THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY TOGETHER IN AT LEAST ONE GAME. 
  16. Natasha is now Caeda and joins with a Wing Spear
  17. Joshua is Navarre with a hat
  18. Orson is now named "Johnny Badguy". No other changes are made to him.
  19. Forde is Lucia
  20. Kyle is Lowen
  21. Ephraim is Elincia, and I will make Amiti or else just give them a brave sword.

EDIT: Crisis averted, I had a backup ROM :)

Edited by Armaada_J

I've just completed replacing Eirika with Lyn. Next step is adding the Mani Katti. After that I'm going to do a lot of repointing in the class tree to get rid of some superflous entries (read: unnecessary female versions of classes) so I can add new classes

Character mugs are probably the last thing I'll do but I do want to do them so I'm keeping an eye out for usable mugs of the non GBA characters. I might have to make them on my own, but if anyone has mugs of any of the Tellius or Archanea guys that I can use that would be appreciated  

I found mugs for some of the guys I need, and will probably just make new ones for the remaining few.

Edited by Armaada_J

2 hours ago, Blunderpuggs said:

Have you been able to locate the event when Seth gives Eirika the rapier? Yesterday I was playing around with FEBuilder, trying to switch the item given with something else, but I couldn't find it.

No I haven't and I've been looking for it. Are you going to switch the Rapier with another weapon? I'm probably just going to directly replace it with the Mani Katti.

1 hour ago, tonfa said:

Will you port fe7 battle animation into fe8 ? (Like will lyn use her fe7 animation)

Second question, do you plan to use custom battle animation ?

Finally will you integrate a skill system a la Path of radiance ?

I have already successfully ported Lyns FE7 animation to FE8

I plan on using a couple of the custom animations from the spriting section on here.

No, I'm not planning on using skills in this hack.

34 minutes ago, Armaada_J said:

I have already successfully ported Lyns FE7 animation to FE8

I plan on using a couple of the custom animations from the spriting section on here.

No, I'm not planning on using skills in this hack.

Thank you for your answer, I'll hope I'll be able to play your hack soon :D !

Oh and last question, you planning on importing the Great Lords Legendary weapon animation from Fe7 ? (ie: the Armades Animation for hector.)

5 hours ago, tonfa said:

Thank you for your answer, I'll hope I'll be able to play your hack soon :D !

Oh and last question, you planning on importing the Great Lords Legendary weapon animation from Fe7 ? (ie: the Armades Animation for hector.)

I don't think I will, since the hack is only going to go up to the route split so getting the legendary weapon would be OP (or at least more OP than everything else I'm doing) 

Also thanks! Im glad you're interested in playing it. Although to be honest, since it is a simple reskin I might just PM it to people who want to play it, rather than posting it on the forums. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 12:59 PM, Blunderpuggs said:

Have you been able to locate the event when Seth gives Eirika the rapier? Yesterday I was playing around with FEBuilder, trying to switch the item given with something else, but I couldn't find it.

Hey I dont know if you're still trying to figure this out but I found the rapier event. Its address is 9EF060