Together, we must rally our Laguz allies!

swimgremlin

The thing absent most in the year since launch is non dragon beast units. In the entire year, not a single one has been even hinted at. 

Together, we can unite for CYL2 and vote to bring up the popularity of a beast unit! Once one gets in game, others will surely follow!

I recommend we rally behind Tibarn as he is likely the most popular of the Laguz. Other popular shifters include Selkie, Velouria, Ranulf and Reyson. 

Represent our animal allies! Stand together! #teamTibarn

I agree Ranulf is pretty popular, but Tibarn ranked higher in the original CYL. 

If I were going based on personal favorite, Giffca or Cainhegis would be my pick, but we need to rally together around one so that they can have a chance against other popular units!

What, you mean to tell me you've never seen a beast-man before? Well, I have. They're a hairy bunch I'll tell you. Ugly as sin too. Their faces all fangs and whisker. Their claws are like daggers, razor sharp and deadly. And though they can speak our language, they're beasts through and through. Savages, every one.

I'll be voting for Ranulf. But only once, I'm spreading the love to multiple units I want to see added.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think Ranulf is the most popular laguz, actually. He's also my fav, so I think people should rally around him!

Radiant Dawn Tibarn ranked 148 and PoR was 264. Radiant Dawn Ranulf was 168 and PoR was 171. PoR Lethe was 154 and RD was 266. The split vote kind of makes things confusing. Ranulf might have ended up with the most votes over all, but separate, RD Tibarn is the most popular followed by PoR Lethe and RD Ranulf.

Although...... Nailah was only 205 which isn't bad, and she only has one copy, so folks' votes wouldn't be divided. XD

That being said, I might rally behind Tibarn since I love me some birbs, but there are too many characters I want to vote for. I think I have multiple Nintendo accounts, so maybe I'll dedicate one to a favorite laguz. 

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Radiant Dawn Tibarn ranked 148 and PoR was 264. Radiant Dawn Ranulf was 168 and PoR was 171. PoR Lethe was 154 and RD was 266. The split vote kind of makes things confusing. Ranulf might have ended up with the most votes over all, but separate, RD Tibarn is the most popular followed by PoR Lethe and RD Ranulf.

Although...... Nailah was only 205 which isn't bad, and she only has one copy, so folks' votes wouldn't be divided. XD

That being said, I might rally behind Tibarn since I love me some birbs, but there are too many characters I want to vote for. I think I have multiple Nintendo accounts, so maybe I'll dedicate one to a favorite laguz. 

That poll is pretty iffy to go by too though, so...

Just now, Anacybele said:

That poll is pretty iffy to go by too though, so...

To be fair, it's probably one of the best sources of data we have even if it's flawed. Anyone can say, "I think so and so is the most popular" but that doesn't mean much. I'm not an expert (and I'd love to see other polls if there are), but I think this is one of the few polls that compares characters like this over a wide demographic, so not just Japan or just Western countries. 

If you really want beast units to debut, you need to rally around Selkie, because she's a popular character that casual fans have some familiarity with. She came in 59th place in the previous poll, which is way higher than the other transforming characters. 

I am voting for Naesala since I need my raven king in Heroes.  I will also vote for Nailah since I need the wolf queen in as well.  I am going to vote for my favorite characters not in Heroes and one favorite per day so I will see if I can fit Tibarn in as well, but there are others on my list as well so it will be if I have room.

I was planning on voting for Kaden, is that close enough?

I've never played the Tellius games, but I'd like a system for beastshifters to be put in place so that we can have Kaden and Panne in Heroes. Godspeed, beast fans.

At this point, we just need one transformation unit outside of dragon for there to be a "gate" of sorts to allow the others to get in. As much as I'm not a fan of the newer beast units, most newer and older fans are familiar with them, which would bring in more votes. I'd probably vote for either Yarne or Selkie on that note. Had Naesala been more popular I'd vote for him - I still might, to be honest, as I know most of the characters I like have less than 1% chance of getting in. Probably an exaggeration but still.

I personally am not a fan of this.

I think IS has a big black book of when they plan to release certain heroes. Hence why micaiah, elincia, and Ike were all spaced out. Also why we still don't have Leif (but we have Rein)  They don't release characters we want, they release based on targeted marketing. 

In laguz case, I believe they are going to actually do something with them. If they were just going to be dragons, they would have already released some. I think there's going to be a separate system for laguz and the beasts.  

So why would you force IS to release a Laguz in 6mo.  What if they were planning a big laguz update next year.  Would you want IS to say 'whelp I guess we'll just half-ass them so we can release one for cyl"

It's like telling game developers to hurry up and release their game.  IS knows what they're doing, they'll release laguz when their ready.

Also who knows maybe laguz will come in the 6mo before the new cyl banner. That means you made them make an alt version of a Laguz unit when maybe you would have rather had another unit.  Laguz will come, it just takes patience. Rushing them with an event that won't actually take place for 6mo seems silly to me.

And none of the laguz will win. It doesn't matter if Sages makes a video on it he doesn't have that much influence. Either vote for a character with a shot at winning or yolo with your favorite unit just cause. 

Such a tough choice between Tibarn and Ranulf.

Jannaff won't have a chance though unfortunately.

I feel like betwen Tibarn and Ranulf- whenever we get a big batch or a proper introduction of laguz, the royals would be in it anyway so Tibarn would be a sure pick.

So I guess if I had to vote for a laguz, I'd go for Ranulf just because he seems more 'secondary' in the laguz hierarchy

23 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Also, even if we vote them in, IS may just pull a fast one and give them a non-beast stone weapon for the CYL variant haha.

lethe had a dagger, that's all I'm gonna say.

I keep hoping for Laguz in the game, so I hope this gains some traction, even if just to show that beast units are popular (including the ones from Awakening and Fates, as well as the Laguz). I've never particularly cared for any of the manakete characters in the FE series so the beast units would be great to see (adult male dragons in the form of Laguz? Yeeees!).

That being said, all my votes are going to one character about as far from a dragon as you can get, so I shall just wish luck from a distance :)

When I signed up here I originally wanted Tibarn but it was already taken.

I can support rallying behind Tibarn. Both he and Ranulf would be nice to see. 

I would rather see Laguz and other beasts  introduced with a massive update that adds a whole bunch of 3* and 4* units as well, all at once.

10 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

At this point, we just need one transformation unit outside of dragon for there to be a "gate" of sorts to allow the others to get in.

I wouldn't put much weight behind it, even if a Laguz did win, assuming they're getting alternate outfits/weapons like last time, you would be getting a Laguz character but not in a laguz "class". And it's not like getting an early access alt is proof you'll get a regular version any time soon. Bride Charlotte was released half a year ago, and we still have no regular Charlotte. They *could* have laguz classes in the next CYL if they debuted in some early banner, but by that point, we would probably have the regular versions of the most popular guys.

Assuming that they get alternate classes, I'd be down with Selkie or Kaden getting in with the Fates Sage class. Fox wizards, yes pls.