Is Cecil a Cain in FE3 or not?

CatManThree

Is Cecil a Cain in FE3?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cecil a Cain in FE3?

• Yes
    • No

I keep on encountering who insist Cecil is a Cain in FE3 simply due to her armor, despite the fact Luke statistically fits the mark way better than she does. Im officially fed up with the nonsense and have decided to make this topic to determine if she is one or not.

If it wasnt already obvious, I find the idea ofher being a Cain rediculous as the only real evidence is her armor color. What do you all think?

Uh... what?

I mean... I guess Luke has green hair, and Rody has green armor, but aside from that...

If anything, it's either that Luke and Rody are the Cain/Abel pair or Cecil, Luke, and Rody are actually their own trio.  And I'd be more inclined to go with the latter, especially since Cain and Abel actually exist in the game that Luke, Rody, and Cecil come from and none of them really have proper color schemes (OG Cecil was pink instead of red).

And statistically speaking, Cecil is about as much like Cain as Abel is, probably less so, in fact.

Like Purple Mage said, she's the 'Third Cav' archetype (That doesn't really exist). She falls in with the likes of Python (I personally count him in a trio of him, Lukas and Forsyth), Lowen, Franz, Kagero etc who don't have their own archetype since it's not prevelant enough but fulfill an archetype. Luke and Roderick are the Cain and Abel of FE3/12/

I went sort of yes, since she's the one I think of when I think of Christmas Knights (colour matters to me in the pairing, personally), but I think the others are right in that they're their own trio and, stats wise, she's the Lowen. So the yes is more for being the Red Knight but not really the Cain, I guess xD

I wouldn't say FE3 from what I'm aware has a gameplay Abel and gameplay Cain, with the visual ones only being the originals. Luke is better bases and Rody is better growths, no stat favoring among them. Gaiden lacks a version of the duo as well, and I'd be inclined to say FE5 doesn't either, nor Fates Nohr.

Cecille is just there.

51 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Also... wouldn't Cain and Abel be the Cain and Abel of FE 3?

In name and personality, probably so. In gameplay, that is the question. Merric in FE3 Book 2 has the same issue- he is a green haired male close to the MC with a Wind Magic affinity, but lacks the early availability required to be a 100% Merric.

I've always just found them to be their own trio of sorts, although New Mystery did make me consider Luke and Rody to be the "Cain and Abel tuo" of the game.

On 1/20/2018 at 11:33 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd be inclined to say FE5 doesn't either

I think it does, iirc, and they appear in chapter 9 or something. Unfortunately I've forgotten their names, and they weren't considered good units anyways so...