The new heroes of the 24th january

Morswo

10 minutes ago, Motendra said:

While you're right about this, tbh (and forgive my ignorance)how many of them actually are there? The only ones that come to mind are Heath, Haar and... what was his name again.... Ashnard?

Yeah, Ashnard is correct.

Aside from those you mentioned:

Jugdral: Travant, Aerone (probably wrong spelling but oh well), the Deen without an eyepatch

Elibe: Zeiss, Galle

Magvel: Cormag, Glen

Tellius: Shiharem

Awakening: Gerome

Fates: Percy, Nichol (I guess he counts)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

While you're right about this, tbh (and forgive my ignorance)how many of them actually are there? The only ones that come to mind are Heath, Haar and... what was his name again.... Ashnard?

There's usually at least one per game.  In addition to who you mention there's Ziess, Percy, and Cormag off-hand.

I think an SS banner is likely, but it's certainly quite possible they'll do another banner. It's a little ridiculous to peg the likelihood at ~99%, and it's definitely way too much to think that L'Arachel is a sure thing.

Some evil part of me is hoping that it isn't an SS banner, because nearly everyone is so sure it is an SS banner...!

Also, supposing the mini-TT is SS based, it could also feature a reboot of Joshua.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I'll be happy with any collection of SS characters since we're talking about a dynamite cast. The only characters I'd put into a C tier of greatness are Ewan, Amelia, maybe Ross, and when I'm feeling jaded Lute. I know he's unlikely, but as ever I'm hoping for Duessel so we get another Axe cav and another older character. Before the HM cap increase this month I had all three axe cavs maxed out, as well as Cecilia. So it's leaving me with few choices for my cav teams. Plus Sean Connery Duessel is one of those low key incredible characters from GBA era that you'd have to have played and love those games to really recognize. Even his support with Amelia is compelling. Amelia!

I'd definitely like Duessel, he was an awesome character. And I knew I couldn't be the only one who wanted more of the respectably aged characters! Too many kids these days just run around on my lawn, saving the world from dragons and stuff.

25 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I just realized I forgot Valter and edited my last post accordingly. Though yeah even then, he’s also a GHB hero.

We really could just use a new summonable wyvern rider (who isn’t a seasonal) in general as those lady riders you mentioned are all Day 1 heroes.

I'm really looking forward to whenever they release Milady. She was one of my favorites from Binding Blade.

If we can only have 3, let's do blue, green and grey. Cormag, Myrrh and L'Arachel. That's what I want anyway. There are no real wrong choices here though. You could dump all three cavaliers and I'd still like them, as long as they have different weapons.

9 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I'm really looking forward to whenever they release Milady. She was one of my favorites from Binding Blade.

Yeah, it'd be quite nice to see Milday added sometime soon or just another FE6 character in general since Zephiel was the latest one added to FEH's cast, ignoring BH!Roy.

36 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I'd definitely like Duessel, he was an awesome character. And I knew I couldn't be the only one who wanted more of the respectably aged characters! Too many kids these days just run around on my lawn, saving the world from dragons and stuff.

Yeah, we definitely need more veteran knights, but I guess that can attributed to the fact there's not too many of them.

I will say that with the respectable representation Elibe has, it's pretty criminal we still don't have either version of Marcus.

I'm predicting a Sacred Stones banner. It goes along with Lyon's Grand Hero Banner, and if the next mini TT is SS themed then it'll go with that as well.

I'm gonna say it'll be a three-character banner, consisting of L'Arachel as either a mounted healer wielding Latona or a mounted blue mage wielding Ivaldi, Myrrh as a green dragon, and Gerik as an infantry sword user. The mini TT will be SS themed and Marisa will be the bonus character.

Since everyone is predicting Sacred Stones, I'm going to ...predict something else to be a contrarian.

Brave Askrians banner featuring Megalfonse, Superena and Mothranna just in time for the anniversary. Bruno as TT reward ("Shrouded by the Storm" implying Bruno has been hiding out in the tempest since his last appearance, and the Japanese title asks us to trust him).

Edited by Humanoid

I’m sure they’ll include Marisa and L’arachel given how the former is the most popular SS character to be added and the lattter for the story significance, but as much as I’d want Myrrh they’ll also throw in a guy for balance like Ross, Franz, or Gerik. However, it’s not like a banner needing equal representation for both genders was a rule to begin with, so IS can do as they please. I also thought of how the characters might be built.

Marisa: She’ll probably be another Ayra/Mia, maybe being even faster than Mia but slightly lower Attack and Defense than both. Her weapon could be a legendary like Shamshir which could have a built in Wrath, or go with a generic Slaying Edge.

L’arachel: Most likely a powercreep of Elise, unfortunately. Possibly just ever so slightly better offenses and worse defense, but otherwise nearly identical. I’m curious to see if they’d ever give a full kit to a healer or if they’ll just continue giving them next to nothing for skills.

Myrrh: Probably a green (young) Tiki. Hopefully she can have something like Hone Dragons after waiting for about forever. 

Ross: Honestly I think if he was added he’d be the guaranteed 4* drop of the three (four?). He’d have trainee bonuses, something like being a green Gray. I think he could be a great candidate for introducing the firesweep axe. That would be nice for my Legion.

I could do more theorycrafting but I’m kinda tired lol.

7 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I highly doubt we will get L'arachel unless it's all of her trio together.

She's one of FE8's most important protagonists and, according to CYL, one of the most popular remaining FE8 characters while Rennac and Dozla are not particularly popular at all. It's surprising enough that she hasn't gotten in already, honestly. A lot of people expected her in the previous FE8 banner.

If L'arachel or Myrrh gets passed up again but Marisa gets in, I'm going to be pissed.

I mean Marisa was also one of the highest voted units.

I'd be fine with any of the three, I just have a gut feeling that they will put the trio all together on one banner.  It could be this banner seeing as it's vs Lyon, the embodiment of the demon god in the story basically, which is what L'arachel was fighting against, the demon god.

Marisa seems like a rather redundant addition, popularity aside, as she lacks a signature weapon (though knowing IS, they'll probably just make one for her if she's added) and probably won't outperform Ayra as an infantry sword unit.

I'm hoping we get either Myrrh or Duessel as we haven't gotten a new dragon or axe cavalier in ages.

Edited by Korath88

Just now, Korath88 said:

Marisa seems like a rather redundant addition, popularity aside, as she lacks a signature weapon (though knowing IS, they'll probably just make one for her if she's added) and probably won't outperform Ayra as an infantry sword unit.

People love their female myyrmidons, so it would be a profitable addition

If anything, she has Shamshir. If it's inheritable maybe that could give her the 'edge' as a unit you want to summon, even if it's fodder for other swordies

24 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I highly doubt we will get L'arachel unless it's all of her trio together.

That’s like saying it’d be impossible for Oscar to join unless Rolf and Boyd were added as well, or Florina without having Farina and Fiora. ._.

Only reason I feel it is slightly different is because it became like a running gag in the game.  The other pairs are together in their games but not as obviously as it seems to make those 3 out to be.

Larachel could very well come on her own, and that might happen i don't know. I just feel it would be slightly funny and thematically matching if they all get released as a banner together.

My Bday is the 24th, and since Lyon comes out after, we all know its going to be Sacred Stones. TT name could be I Believe in You, like how Lyon trusted Ephraim and Eirika. I hope we get a good character from this TT as well, like Myrrh (hopefully I don't have to spend orbs on her). The map could be where you fight Formotis, and the GHB map could be where Chapter 17 is taken place.

I predict the New Banner, in which I dub Sacred Hope, will look something like this:

Cormag: Vengeful Rider (Blue Flier, Lance)

Ewan: Understudy Sage (Green Infantry,  Mage)

Colm: Overprotective Thief (Colorless Infantry, Dagger)

Marisa: Crimson Flash (Red Infantry, Sword)

And the Secondary Banner for the TT Focus, which I dub Believe in Yourself:

Eirika, Innes, and Amelia

All I'm gonna say is if Myrrh gets passed up despite us being long overdue for a new dragonstone user, I'm gonna flip a table and then delete the game and then reinstall it when I get a better tablet. I am seriously running out of space on my phone.

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

Only reason I feel it is slightly different is because it became like a running gag in the game.  The other pairs are together in their games but not as obviously as it seems to make those 3 out to be.

Larachel could very well come on her own, and that might happen i don't know. I just feel it would be slightly funny and thematically matching if they all get released as a banner together.

No, thematic would be L'Arachel and Dozla on the banner, and Rennac as a TT unit to match their recruitments.

It's not much of a running gag anyways.  Eirika sees them all together once, then runs into them just after Rennac bolts.  Ephraim never sees all three together at all.  In both routes, L'Arachel and Dozla are recruited some time before Rennac (who can be recruited either by your Lord for some amount of gold, or for free by L'Arachel).

2 hours ago, Othin said:

She's one of FE8's most important protagonists and, according to CYL, one of the most popular remaining FE8 characters while Rennac and Dozla are not particularly popular at all. It's surprising enough that she hasn't gotten in already, honestly. A lot of people expected her in the previous FE8 banner.

If L'arachel or Myrrh gets passed up again but Marisa gets in, I'm going to be pissed.

They won't all get in because the banners always have at least one male character. This is why I'll be pissed myself if Duessel or Gerik get in instead of Ross. I like Gerik, but him getting in means two reds on the banner unless they give him the Raven treatment and the Raven treatment is pointless when you have four other users in the game that actually are native axe users.

Among those users you have Duessel, Ross, Dozla and Garcia (Vigarde if you want to count him I guess.). Dozla isn't popular at all and Garcia doesn't make sense when his son is a trainee and comes with a weapon unique to him. Duessel makes sense because he's the sacred weapon user. I'll be really irritated if Duessel gets in instead of Ross but I'll understand it because he'll have Garm and that's the legendary axe of that game so fine. If any other character gets in over him (Artur, Gerik, Cormag, and I like those characters.) I'll be really annoyed. Ewan is my second choice because he's another favorite from that game, but more axe users are nice and Ewan seems more like a blue mage which isn't quite as appealing as a green one from a gameplay standpoint.

Myrrh likely won't happen purely because 3 female banner and I don't think that's ever happened for a New Heroes banner. I don't think she'll be the Tempest Reward either because she seems like too premium of a unit for that but who knows. Marisa and L'Arachel are locks though, I'll be shocked if either of them aren't on the banner. The third is up in the air, but it won't be a female at all. 

Edited by Zeo

2 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

All I'm gonna say is if Myrrh gets passed up despite us being long overdue for a new dragonstone user, I'm gonna flip a table and then delete the game and then reinstall it when I get a better tablet. I am seriously running out of space on my phone.

I heavily agree with this, myrrh is the only character that I really want that isn't already in and we should have had her last year from the first SS banner.

if she ends up getting passed up because a fan favorite who literally brings nothing to the table, just had to be added I will not be happy.

I am very tired of fae.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

They won't all get in because the banners always have at least one male character. This is why I'll be pissed myself if Duessel or Gerik get in instead of Ross. I like Gerik, but him getting in means two reds on the banner unless they give him the Raven treatment and the Raven treatment is pointless when you have four other users in the game that actually are native axe users.

Among those users you have Duessel, Ross, Dozla and Garcia (Vigarde if you want to count him I guess.). Dozla isn't popular at all and Garcia doesn't make sense when his son is a trainee and comes with a weapon unique to him. Duessel makes sense because he's the sacred weapon user. I'll be really irritated if Duessel gets in instead of Ross but I'll understand it because he'll have Garm and that's the legendary axe of that game so fine. If any other character gets in over him (Artur, Gerik, Cormag, and I like those characters.) I'll be really annoyed. Ewan is my second choice because he's another favorite from that game, but more axe users are nice and Ewan seems more like a blue mage which isn't quite as appealing as a green one from a gameplay standpoint.

Myrrh likely won't happen purely because 3 female banner and I don't think that's ever happened for a New Heroes banner. I don't think she'll be the Tempest Reward either because she seems like too premium of a unit for that but who knows. Marisa and L'Arachel are locks though, I'll be shocked if either of them aren't on the banner. The third is up in the air, but it won't be a female at all. 

Oh god please don't let them lock Garm to Dussel. Spd is extremely likely to be his dump stat, and what's Garm's stat buff? Spd. And he's a goddamned lance instructor(although canon material didn't stop them from screwing with Amelia, among others). 

Understand that I'm not trying to be hostile towards you, just hostile towards the idea of screwing with canon weapons more than they have already. And the idea of mixing an incompatible stat spread and weapon buff together.