The new heroes of the 24th january

Morswo

2 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

Oh god please don't let them lock Garm to Dussel. Spd is extremely likely to be his dump stat, and what's Garm's stat buff? Spd. And he's a goddamned lance instructor(although canon material didn't stop them from screwing with Amelia, among others). 

Understand that I'm not trying to be hostile towards you, just hostile towards the idea of screwing with canon weapons more than they have already. And the idea of mixing an incompatible stat spread and weapon buff together. 

No hostility detected. It's just that Garm only makes sense on Duessel as he's the only friendly unit from Grado capable of wielding axes and they're clearly following the theme of tying the legendary weapons of the kingdoms to characters from those kingdoms. The speed boon probably wouldn't be great on him, but then again they could just make him a speedy unit and throw consistency out the window.

That being said, I like Garm, but I like Ross more, who always ended up wielding Garm at the end of FE8. He's my favorite character from that game and apparently he's a bit more popular than I gave him credit for. He deserves the spot, even though it would mean we wouldn't have a Garm user in Heroes. I'm perfectly fine with another Distant Counter Axe user, they're a rare breed, especially if it's tied to one of my favorite characters in the series. Realistically he's the most popular male Sacred Stones character not yet in Heroes.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Myrrh, we need a second green Dragon. D=. 
I had my hopes in the last Sacred Stones banner already crushed.

I would also like Knoll, but we can count him out because of Lyon.
Cormag would be awesome, but I have enough Wyvern riders. Only if he is blue..

Edited by Stroud

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

They won't all get in because the banners always have at least one male character. This is why I'll be pissed myself if Duessel or Gerik get in instead of Ross. I like Gerik, but him getting in means two reds on the banner unless they give him the Raven treatment and the Raven treatment is pointless when you have four other users in the game that actually are native axe users.

Among those users you have Duessel, Ross, Dozla and Garcia (Vigarde if you want to count him I guess.). Dozla isn't popular at all and Garcia doesn't make sense when his son is a trainee and comes with a weapon unique to him. Duessel makes sense because he's the sacred weapon user. I'll be really irritated if Duessel gets in instead of Ross but I'll understand it because he'll have Garm and that's the legendary axe of that game so fine. If any other character gets in over him (Artur, Gerik, Cormag, and I like those characters.) I'll be really annoyed. Ewan is my second choice because he's another favorite from that game, but more axe users are nice and Ewan seems more like a blue mage which isn't quite as appealing as a green one from a gameplay standpoint.

Myrrh likely won't happen purely because 3 female banner and I don't think that's ever happened for a New Heroes banner. I don't think she'll be the Tempest Reward either because she seems like too premium of a unit for that but who knows. Marisa and L'Arachel are locks though, I'll be shocked if either of them aren't on the banner. The third is up in the air, but it won't be a female at all. 

The low probability of the banner having three girls is exactly why I'll be pissed if Marisa gets in ahead of a character who's actually a key part of the story or a character who would add much more to Heroes. L'arachel and Myrrh need to be added, Marisa doesn't.

It's possible that Marisa will be a TT unit while the other two are on the banner itself, but that'd feel a bit redundant after Joshua and all the other sword infantry TT units, and would be kind of squandering their chance to make use of her popularity.

Hopefully, we get the banner trailer tomorrow. 

What if we got an SS banner where the units tied up relationships not in the game? Knoll (Lyon), Artur (Lute), and Natasha (Joshua). The only problem is see with this is that it is an all magic users banner, which I think has only been done one other time, for a new banner with new units

6 hours ago, Cornguy said:

Oh god please don't let them lock Garm to Dussel. Spd is extremely likely to be his dump stat, and what's Garm's stat buff? Spd. And he's a goddamned lance instructor(although canon material didn't stop them from screwing with Amelia, among others). 

Understand that I'm not trying to be hostile towards you, just hostile towards the idea of screwing with canon weapons more than they have already. And the idea of mixing an incompatible stat spread and weapon buff together. 

While he may be a lance instructor let's not forget that he comes with an A rank in all 3 weapons. He always has a Silver Axe in his inventory and at one point in the game he says something along the lines of "I pledged you my life and my axe, you shall have both." to Ephraim.

Also they could always just give the Garm a built in Bold Fighter/Vengeful Fighter to keep that illusion of giving speed. 

As much as I love the guy, I still don't he'll get in though.

I will be happy with Cormag being in, I am still mad I did not get to use Cormag to beat Valter in his first GHB run.  I need Cormag to be in Heroes so I can use him to smash Valter in to little pieces this time, please IS.  The units I hope are on the banner are Cormag, Myrrh and The Rachel.  I Want Gerik in Heroes as well, but I want Cormag more.  

Ideally I'd like L'Arachel, Myrrh, Cormag, and Vanessa. We'll probably get Marisa instead because she's popular, but I would really prefer to have another sword flier in the pool rather than yet ANOTHER sword infantry. I feel like L'Arachel and Myrrh are practically guaranteed, and Cormag is another axe flier who they haven't added to a banner since day 1 so he has a decent (though not great) chance.

We could also get Natasha but she has the personality of a plank of wood and healers are still meh overall, so I'd rather we didn't.

11 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

and Cormag is another axe flier who they haven't added to a banner since day 1 so he has a decent (though not great) chance.

Isn't Cormag a lance flier though? Pretty sure regular Wyvern Riders could only use lances in Sacred Stones, though I don't remember if he gains axes upon promotion.

Edit: Upon further research Cormag cannot use axes in his base class or either of his promotions.

Edited by Solaris998

9 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Here's some cool fanart.

26815411_1997191776972751_86377727840020

pretty good, I only disapprove of cormag riding valters wyvern, Cormag's wyvern had four legs not two. and I would rather Geric come with a zanbato. and I have no clue what you could have used for Lyon's tome, but using a fire tome is weird, naglfar had a ghostly pale color to it... I'm out of nit picks... umm, Lyon's hair looks too short?

I give this picture a Myrrh is not here out of ten - gamespot

2 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

Isn't Cormag a lance flier though? Pretty sure regular Wyvern Riders could only use lances in Sacred Stones, though I don't remember if he gains axes upon promotion.

Edit: Upon further research Cormag cannot use axes in his base class or either of his promotions.

Welp, I have no idea why I thought he was an axe user then haha.

3 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

That didn’t stop Narcian from wielding an axe in FEH in spite of Wyvern Lords also not being able to use them in FE6. Though given that they stayed faithful to source material with Valter and gave him a lance, there’s really no telling what Cormag would ultimately end up with in this game.

It's worth bearing in mind that they might pull an Ayra and give us a new unit on the TT banner. I don't think they're planning on giving us 6 new FE8 units here, so that'd probably mean a new TT banner unit and a Joshua rerun, which would be a bit weird, but it's possible. That could allow them to have L'arachel, Myrrh, and Marisa all as banner units if they choose to go that route, by splitting them between the two banners.

43 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That didn’t stop Narcian from wielding an axe in FEH in spite of Wyvern Lords also not being able to use them in FE6. Though given that they stayed faithful to source material with Valter and gave him a lance, there’s really no telling what Cormag would ultimately end up with in this game.

I just hope they give him his wyvern and not his "wyvern". Wyvern Knight is a cool class, but come on. Wyvern Lord all the way for him.

3 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

Here's some cool fanart.

HOLY NAGA !!! make this happen. I'm willing to sacrifice any hero for Gerik and yeah I'm that shamelessly desperate.

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

I don't care how they do it - if they have to pull an Ayra to give me Cormag, then do it. I just want him in the game. He's my most wanted SS character (he and Seth were joint but I have one, now I want the other). 

I really, really hope they finally give us another male flying unit - one that is actually summonable (Subaki, I adore you, but I don't want you to be the only one). I don't care what weapon he uses, I only hope for a) a good artist and b) for him to be added! 

Edited by Cute Chao

On 1/21/2018 at 11:38 AM, Coolmanio said:

Here's some cool fanart.

I would love this banner other then Myrrh, Cormag and Gerik are the two units from SS I want most.  IS make this banner real, please!

On 1/21/2018 at 12:38 PM, Coolmanio said:

Here's some cool fanart.

Cool, but I'll be heartbroken if they keep the Rachel out of another Sacred Stones Banner.

I hope we get a trailer for the next banner tonight.  I like having a day or two preview, rather than only getting it a few hours before.