FE 8 Chaos Mode V3.08 is here!!!

DDDHunter

As long as you don't change the first floor, so we can safely train weak unit it's good, but if you rise the difficuly on every other floor I would also like you to upgrade the chest on said floor, (ie : the chest on the 3rd floor would give 5k gold instead of 3, the other chest would not give shity weapon like steel sword . and while im at it, why not having a chance to find promotion item on the monster of the last floor heh ?

Anyway these are only suggestion, and I'm hyped to play with your next Version of chaos mode  :D !

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, tonfa said:

As long as you don't change the first floor, so we can safely train weak unit it's good, but if you rise the difficuly on every other floor I would also like you to upgrade the chest on said floor, (ie : the chest on the 3rd floor would give 5k gold instead of 3, the other chest would not give shity weapon like steel sword . and while im at it, why not having a chance to find promotion item on the monster of the last floor heh ?

Anyway these are only suggestion, and I'm hyped to play with your next Version of chaos mode  :D !

The other chest draws from a random list of items so I have no idea how to change it. On the other hand, all I'm doing to the first floor is boosting up the levels a bit because its way to easy as of right now.

40 minutes ago, DDDHunter said:

, all I'm doing to the first floor is boosting up the levels a bit

That is good to hear, now if you could sum up what's change from v2.0, it would be nice :).

Finally do you know when you gonna release the next patch ?

3 hours ago, tonfa said:

That is good to hear, now if you could sum up what's change from v2.0, it would be nice :).

Finally do you know when you gonna release the next patch ?

I changed how the weapon triangle works, axe get more hit against lances, lances get more power against swords and swords stay mostly the same. Weapons stats are lowered a bit. Removed some of the brave effect. That's mostly what's changed. 

It will be released soon, chp 6 was just bugged with negative stats, I think it's because of a glitch with the stat boosters or because I changed stat around while using a old save file and if it happens again, I will place stats boosters back to 1 use.

I feel like weapons shouldn't have infinite uses, for the fact of whats the use of grinding up money for weapons? because just buy a few killing edges or silver weapons and abuse them like so. Same for legendary weapons and really good strong weapons. Example the first part of the game before the route split just use the personal weapon for the new erika or seth and bulldoze bc those weapons are so op in the beginning game. 

Overall my question right now is if you can make a patch to the game for non infinite weapons. It's the only thing thats making me not want to play the game right now.

But the game looks really good from reading

6 minutes ago, Renais said:

I feel like weapons shouldn't have infinite uses, for the fact of whats the use of grinding up money for weapons? because just buy a few killing edges or silver weapons and abuse them like so. Same for legendary weapons and really good strong weapons. Example the first part of the game before the route split just use the personal weapon for the new erika or seth and bulldoze bc those weapons are so op in the beginning game. 

Overall my question right now is if you can make a patch to the game for non infinite weapons. It's the only thing thats making me not want to play the game right now.

But the game looks really good from reading

I guess I'll set one up after everything is done, I was planning for it to have a fates or echoes feel where the weapons are rare and hard to get, I guess I have to up the cost of them.

Edited by DDDHunter

Just found out the the Devil effect is glitched due to the skills patch. That along with the negative stats glitch makes me want to cut out skills in the rom hack. What do you guys think, or is there is someone out there that can help implement the fix patch using EA since I have no idea how to do such a thing?

3 hours ago, DDDHunter said:

I guess I'll set one up after everything is done, I was planning for it to have a fates or echoes feel where the weapons are rare and hard to get, I guess I have to up the cost of them.

yeah i feel i never liked the infinite weapons feel, but thats just my opinion tho i may even check out the game bc it seems really good. But yeah make the weapons hella expensive so we cant exploit the infinite uses aspect :)

Well, the new patch is almost ready. I only need to do chp 8 and test chp 7. There was a glitch wil promoting Molder where every suddenly gained negative stats, but when I reload the save file and tried again, it didn't reoccur, so I don't know what happened, but since there is a fix, I will just ignore it.

16 hours ago, tonfa said:

I'm so hype right now!  may the Hexadecimal God be mercifull on you DDDHunter xD

Well, the new patch is now live up to the route split, although the final boss (as of right now, the chp 8 boss) is a bit ... lets just say takes a while to take down. 

22 minutes ago, tonfa said:

are the save compatible ? or can I patch over previous version ?

Also is the Valni tower changed ?

No and no, when I say a new patch I mean it’s a completely different hack than the last patch because the first thing I done on the last one was extending the class table. That was what was causing the glitch where if you closed the game or restart the classes gets glitched. As for the tower of Valni, since it unlocks one more floor for every chp you complete, I decided that I will be releasing the edit of the floor along with the chp edit. From now on, each new patch will be consisting of only one chp for this reason. As for now,don’t go into the tower because the negative stats glitch still occurs on the current patch. I fixed it in my version, but I didn’t edit chp 9 yet so it along with floor 2 will be coming out next patch.

Edited by DDDHunter

5 minutes ago, tonfa said:

alright im replaying the whole game anyway, for now im chap 2 and only the enemy knight palette was a bit glitched

I know, they work fine for the non-boss enemy knights so I don't know why the ones for the boss are glitched.

Yes, I don't want the hatchet to have more power than the hand axe, but I still want it to be usable so I assigned it a special ability and poison seemed like the least powerful one that is still useful. Unless you have some suggestion for how to change it, I will be keeping it like that.

Well your poison is so strong that ross cant gain exp since the enemy dies of poison damage x).

To be honest I always saw the the hatchet as a recruit weapon, to train them so yeah, so if you really make it more powerful, buff it's accuracy maybe ? I m really not sure x).

Also Neimi has 2 malefic auras ... is that normal x) ?

6 minutes ago, tonfa said:

Well your poison is so strong that ross cant gain exp since the enemy dies of poison damage x).

To be honest I always saw the the hatchet as a recruit weapon, to train them so yeah, so if you really make it more powerful, buff it's accuracy maybe ? I m really not sure x).

Also Neimi has 2 malefic auras ... is that normal x) ?

I assigned it as her personal skill without seeing that it is also a class skill. I think they stack and even if they don't you can remove the class skill one when you get 6 skills and are learning one more. As for Ross, beforehand he was get almost a level from paragon, but the skill was glitching out when killing bosses and he ended up being level 5104 so I took it off of him. However, I gave Franz a devil axe he can give to Ross for him to train. Just keep in mind that due to the skills patch, the devil effect glitches the health out. However, the just makes it risker using the devil axe so I'll be just keep that as a feature because now, every time you use that overpowered weapon, you have to risk restarting the chapter to undo the glitch.

Edited by DDDHunter