FE 8 Chaos Mode V3.08 is here!!!

DDDHunter

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, it seems to me that all weapons give the enemy a hidden skill that is not mentioned at all, like the Iron axe seems to give the Brigands Duelist Blow, as when they attack Gilliam he had a 48% chance to hit back, but when I checked the hit rate on player phase, it jumped to 78%, and on chapter 2 the Iron Bow gave the Archer the Brave effect, as he struck Garcia twice even though he wasn't fast enough to double.  I'm not sure if this only applies to enemies or is for everyone.  If it's only for enemies, then that's just a dick move that will catch everyone off guard since there is no way for the player to know that that's what going on and just reeks of making the game unfairly difficult for difficulty's sake.  If it is for everyone, then that is something you want to communicate to the player as effective equipment management is a big part of Fire Emblem, and if weapons have these skills on them, players will be able to make more informed decisions as to what weapons they should bring to the fight.

So at chapter 3 there is a Thief with the Fili Shield, which would be awesome to have.  You also get a Thief on this map, so I figured that that is how I would get the Fili Shield.  Then I realized that Colm only has 10 speed, while the enemy Thief has 13 speed, meaning Colm can't steal from him.  Methinks that this wasn't play-tested on Difficult mode, which confuses me because testing on difficult mode seems to be the go-to method when testing how the ROM Hack plays out.  Also, Eirika is still getting one-shotted by all the enemies.  I will reiterate; it is not good design to have your main character, whose death causes you to game over, die in one hit by every enemy on the map.  Even Roy needed 2 enemies to kill him on FE 6 Hard mode.  I suggest you play through the entire game on difficult mode yourself so that you can make the necessary balance changes. 

Also, whenever the Wind tome is used, the battle music cuts out.  Not all music, as the movement and hit animations have sound, but battle music is dropped, and then everything goes back to normal after battle.

8 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

Also, it seems to me that all weapons give the enemy a hidden skill that is not mentioned at all, like the Iron axe seems to give the Brigands Duelist Blow, as when they attack Gilliam he had a 48% chance to hit back, but when I checked the hit rate on player phase, it jumped to 78%, and on chapter 2 the Iron Bow gave the Archer the Brave effect, as he struck Garcia twice even though he wasn't fast enough to double.  I'm not sure if this only applies to enemies or is for everyone.  If it's only for enemies, then that's just a dick move that will catch everyone off guard since there is no way for the player to know that that's what going on and just reeks of making the game unfairly difficult for difficulty's sake.  If it is for everyone, then that is something you want to communicate to the player as effective equipment management is a big part of Fire Emblem, and if weapons have these skills on them, players will be able to make more informed decisions as to what weapons they should bring to the fight.

I placed the effects in the descriptions and it will be released in the next patch.

7 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

So at chapter 3 there is a Thief with the Fili Shield, which would be awesome to have.  You also get a Thief on this map, so I figured that that is how I would get the Fili Shield.  Then I realized that Colm only has 10 speed, while the enemy Thief has 13 speed, meaning Colm can't steal from him.  Methinks that this wasn't play-tested on Difficult mode, which confuses me because testing on difficult mode seems to be the go-to method when testing how the ROM Hack plays out.  Also, Eirika is still getting one-shotted by all the enemies.  I will reiterate; it is not good design to have your main character, whose death causes you to game over, die in one hit by every enemy on the map.  Even Roy needed 2 enemies to kill him on FE 6 Hard mode.  I suggest you play through the entire game on difficult mode yourself so that you can make the necessary balance changes.

Also, whenever the Wind tome is used, the battle music cuts out.  Not all music, as the movement and hit animations have sound, but battle music is dropped, and then everything goes back to normal after battle.

Eirika was never supposed to be able to take hits, she supposed either dodge the hit, or simply crit the enemy, and her personal allows her to bypass defense (if you think there is a better way to show that, please tell me). I will boost Colm's speed by 2, so you have to use him in battle before you can steal the fili shield. (He has 120% speed growth). I planned this hack with the idea to make normal mode a decent challenge, while hard mode will be for those who really want a challenge. That's why growth are boosted by 20% in all areas in normal mode. The hard mode boosts would be added on top of that. If enough people give me the idea that it's too much, I will lower it. 

As for the wind tome, I didn't know how to assign music to it's animation, so it's going without music. (Keep in mind that this hack is not even close to being done, there will be multiple balance changes going out, in there will be several in the next patch)

Edited by DDDHunter

3 hours ago, DDDHunter said:

I placed the effects in the descriptions and it will be released in the next patch.

Eirika was never supposed to be able to take hits, she supposed either dodge the hit, or simply crit the enemy, and her personal allows her to bypass defense (if you think there is a better way to show that, please tell me). I will boost Colm's speed by 2, so you have to use him in battle before you can steal the fili shield. (He has 120% speed growth). I planned this hack with the idea to make normal mode a decent challenge, while hard mode will be for those who really want a challenge. That's why growth are boosted by 20% in all areas in normal mode. The hard mode boosts would be added on top of that. If enough people give me the idea that it's too much, I will lower it. 

As for the wind tome, I didn't know how to assign music to it's animation, so it's going without music. (Keep in mind that this hack is not even close to being done, there will be multiple balance changes going out, in there will be several in the next patch)

So it's for everyone?  Okay.

Also, Eirika not being designed to take hits isn't the issue, as vanilla Eirika was never designed to take hits.  The issue is having unpromoted enemies from the beginning chapters being able to one-shot your main lord, which is bad design.  Since your main lord dying means game over, having to rely on the RNG to roll your way every time a single enemy attacks Eirika is frustrating, especially because the nature of RNG means you can never be sure if an attack will miss (I have had enemies with below 20% hit rate land an attack).  No other FE game, including ROM hacks, that I have played has had a main lord who was unable to take a single hit without dying.  And even though I haven't played Shadow Dragon on Merciless, it will still take 2 enemies in the starting chapters to kill Marth on that mode.  So you should really look into either buffing Eirika's stats so that she doesn't instantly die in the beginning of the game, or lower the enemies' stats to achieve the same effect.

Also, are you referring to her personal weapon when you say that "her personal allows her to bypass defense"?  If so, then change the description, as the "Effective against infantry" description refers to the fact that the weapon will deal effective damage to horseback and armored units.  If it does all that AND ignores defense for everything, than make the description like "Effective against infantry and ignores defense".

Now for something new, what's the point of making Nosferatu a siege tome with 0 might?  I always figured that the Nosferatu tome was meant to be used when you wanted to ensure your Dark Mage will survive the enemy phase thanks to its HP absorption.  Making it a siege tome is already bizarre, but giving it 0 might means that you can't make any effective use out of it as its, as of right now, chip damage of 2-3 HP makes it pretty pathetic.  Also, its attack range doesn't display properly when selecting an enemy, and its description leaves the Range description blank for some reason.

3 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

So it's for everyone?  Okay.

Also, Eirika not being designed to take hits isn't the issue, as vanilla Eirika was never designed to take hits.  The issue is having unpromoted enemies from the beginning chapters being able to one-shot your main lord, which is bad design.  Since your main lord dying means game over, having to rely on the RNG to roll your way every time a single enemy attacks Eirika is frustrating, especially because the nature of RNG means you can never be sure if an attack will miss (I have had enemies with below 20% hit rate land an attack).  No other FE game, including ROM hacks, that I have played has had a main lord who was unable to take a single hit without dying.  And even though I haven't played Shadow Dragon on Merciless, it will still take 2 enemies in the starting chapters to kill Marth on that mode.  So you should really look into either buffing Eirika's stats so that she doesn't instantly die in the beginning of the game, or lower the enemies' stats to achieve the same effect.

Also, are you referring to her personal weapon when you say that "her personal allows her to bypass defense"?  If so, then change the description, as the "Effective against infantry" description refers to the fact that the weapon will deal effective damage to horseback and armored units.  If it does all that AND ignores defense for everything, than make the description like "Effective against infantry and ignores defense".

Now for something new, what's the point of making Nosferatu a siege tome with 0 might?  I always figured that the Nosferatu tome was meant to be used when you wanted to ensure your Dark Mage will survive the enemy phase thanks to its HP absorption.  Making it a siege tome is already bizarre, but giving it 0 might means that you can't make any effective use out of it as its, as of right now, chip damage of 2-3 HP makes it pretty pathetic.  Also, its attack range doesn't display properly when selecting an enemy, and its description leaves the Range description blank for some reason.

I changed Eirika’s weapon to say ignores defence, the problem is that writing both is too long and cuts off in game. As for nosferatu, it’s 1-10 range because it became a siege tome in a randomize run I have played I enjoyed it like that, but just add in some range so it could still be used for it’s original purpose. The might is 0 so it’s not overpowered and it would still do decent damage as you level up your shamans. As of now, it perfect to chip at enemies so others can finish them off.

Also, something I forgot to mention.  What's up with not showing the level of magic and staves for magic units?  Neimi doesn't have a Dark Magic rank, even though I just got a "Weapon Level Up" for her, and Moulder doesn't show a saff rank.  All units show icons for Sword, Axe, Lance, and Bows, even the magic units.  What's up with that?

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.06.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.05.15 PM.png

25 minutes ago, XIII Hearts said:

Also, something I forgot to mention.  What's up with not showing the level of magic and staves for magic units?  Neimi doesn't have a Dark Magic rank, even though I just got a "Weapon Level Up" for her, and Moulder doesn't show a saff rank.  All units show icons for Sword, Axe, Lance, and Bows, even the magic units.  What's up with that?

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.06.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.05.15 PM.png

I already fixed this in the next patch

Okay.

Also, the Black Knight animation is a but bugged.  If Seth misses an attack when he is a Black Knight, he won't go through with an attack animation.  He will just stand still while the enemy dodges an attack that isn't happening.

Also Ross as a Guard looks ugly.

So I just encountered a fairly big bug this time.  I recorded it because I don't think anyone would believe me if I wrote it out in text, but the video file is too big to be shared on this message board.  Is there any other way for me to show it to the creator?

2 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

So I decided to upload it to YouTube.  You guys need to see this.

I think I know what is causing the problem. For the tier 3 classes, I had rose the health cap and set their class health cap at 60+ values. However, the health patch had problems and the fix for it interfered with the skill patch so I return the health cap to 60, but I left the class cap as what it was. I didn't think it would have cause a problem, but apparently it did. It will be fixed in the next patch. Also, just a note, Seth wasn't supposed to have the heaven's seal that early, what happen was that I was testing a new t3 class and for got to remove it. It will be gone in the next patch.

2 minutes ago, DDDHunter said:

I think I know what is causing the problem. For the tier 3 classes, I had rose the health cap and set their class health cap at 60+ values. However, the health patch had problems and the fix for it interfered with the skill patch so I return the health cap to 60, but I left the class cap as what it was. I didn't think it would have cause a problem, but apparently it did. It will be fixed in the next patch. Also, just a note, Seth wasn't supposed to have the heaven's seal that early, what happen was that I was testing a new t3 class and for got to remove it. It will be gone in the next patch.

Alright.  Something else, I encountered a Sage using the Fimbulvetr in the arena, and for some reason, the sound cuts off when he used it.  For Wind, a FE 6 tome, you said you didn't know how to assign music to its animation and that's why it was silent, but Fimbulvetr is in base FE 8.  So what's the problem here?

11 minutes ago, XIII Hearts said:

Another thing.  One of Seth's personal skills is Swordfaire, yet he can learn it again when he is in the Black Knight class.  I didn't choose to keep it, but I have to wonder if I had, will Seth be dealing +8 whenever he attacks?

Actually don't know. You will have to ask circleseverywhere, he made the patch.

7 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

Another thing.  One of Seth's personal skills is Swordfaire, yet he can learn it again when he is in the Black Knight class.  I didn't choose to keep it, but I have to wonder if I had, will Seth be dealing +8 whenever he attacks?

It seems skills don't stack so only +4 even with both.

So since the current version contains tower floors 1-5 and you're holding a poll about the final floor in preparation for the next version, how many new chapters/tower floors is 3.0.7 going to contain?

3 hours ago, JMaula said:

So since the current version contains tower floors 1-5 and you're holding a poll about the final floor in preparation for the next version, how many new chapters/tower floors is 3.0.7 going to contain?

Chp 16 and all the floors of the tower along with several bug fixes and balance changes.

Alright, so I got to the route split, went with Ephraim, and sorry for the foul language, but fuck whoever decided to make the Longbow a 3-10 range weapon and making tomes have 3 range.  It makes saving Tana an impossibility.  She is trapped in a small room and the Archer's attack range with the Longbow covers her entire cell.  She will die on turn one and you are completely helpless to do anything about it.  There is no starting position where you can place Lute so she can use the Longbow to take out the other Longbow user (I know Neimi has Nosferatu but that is pathetic.  The only possible way I can see that you can take out that Archer is by using all 3 armored users (Natasha, Ross, and Kyle) and smiting Lute into range, but there is the issue that Lute will need grinding to be strong enough to take him out, but then that leaves her in range of about 4-5 units that will dog-pile her and kill her.  Then there is the issue that even if you kill the Longbow guy, there is a Mage that can strike Tana thanks to tomes being given 3 range, and since Tana has no items and you don't have Physic, she will quickly die to the Mage.  This is a new level of bullshit.

Here are some pictures to tell the story.  She is trapped in a cell.  A cell that both a Mage and and Archer with a Longbow  can reach.  I smited Lute into position.  She can take out the archer, but then that leaves her surrounded and then at least 6 enemies will murder her on enemy phase.  And then you can do nothing except watch Tana die in a few turns to a Mage.  Fuck this.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 5.56.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 5.57.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 5.57.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 5.58.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 5.58.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 5.59.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 6.00.35 PM.png

44 minutes ago, XIII Hearts said:

Alright, so I got to the route split, went with Ephraim, and sorry for the foul language, but fuck whoever decided to make the Longbow a 3-10 range weapon and making tomes have 3 range.  It makes saving Tana an impossibility.  She is trapped in a small room and the Archer's attack range with the Longbow covers her entire cell.  She will die on turn one and you are completely helpless to do anything about it.  There is no starting position where you can place Lute so she can use the Longbow to take out the other Longbow user (I know Neimi has Nosferatu but that is pathetic.  The only possible way I can see that you can take out that Archer is by using all 3 armored users (Natasha, Ross, and Kyle) and smiting Lute into range, but there is the issue that Lute will need grinding to be strong enough to take him out, but then that leaves her in range of about 4-5 units that will dog-pile her and kill her.  Then there is the issue that even if you kill the Longbow guy, there is a Mage that can strike Tana thanks to tomes being given 3 range, and since Tana has no items and you don't have Physic, she will quickly die to the Mage.  This is a new level of bullshit.

Ephraim route is not hacked yet, I didn't do anything with those chapters yet. I'm waiting until I'm done with Erika's route before tackling Ephraim's. Second, she is no longer a pegasus knight in my hack, it's just not hack on Ephraim's route because again, I'm still working on Erika's route.

12 minutes ago, DDDHunter said:

Ephraim route is not hacked yet, I didn't do anything with those chapters yet. I'm waiting until I'm done with Erika's route before tackling Ephraim's. Second, she is no longer a pegasus knight in my hack, it's just not hack on Ephraim's route because again, I'm still working on Erika's route.

Having only one route partially hacked is something that should be mentioned on the first post where you list changes.  Nothing in the primary post indicates that only one route has been worked on.  There's just a note saying Eirika chapter 9 has Fog of War (which, why?  Why use one of the more hated gimmicks FE has come up with?  And it doesn't even make sense because that chapter takes place on a sunny day on an open port city.  At lease when the other games do this, they at least make the weather in that secnario be something like extreme dark, a sandstorm, or literal fog, which FE 8 already did).  There is nothing that says, "Only Eirika's route is being worked on at the moment.  Ephraim hasn't been touched yet."

Edited by XIII Hearts