Have Tatiana in party, still can't recruit Zeke

So I did everything I had to so I could get Tatiana and Zeke, but after i cleared Nuibaba's abode and recruited Tatiana, I went into Jerome's map and Zeke still fought me. As far as I know i did nothing wrong and I shouldn't have to kill him. How do I fix this?

Are you sure? I've seen videos of his map just to check if I did something wrong, but in the videos Zeke recognizes Tatiana immediately and turns on Jerome. When I fight Jerome, Zeke doesn't recognize her and i'm forced to fight him and kill him. He definitely doesn't appear in the village after the fight either.

The only thing i could think of is, did you talk to the villagers in the town before it? I think one of them triggers the flag telling you that Zeke is only fighting because his lover is being held captive. If that doesn't work, idk what to tell ya, bud.

Just to be 100% sure, is this the order you did things?

1. Enter the battle with Zeke
2. Retreat without killing anyone
3. Go the other direction (east) and defeat Nuibaba
4. Recruit Tatiana
5. Return to the battle with Zeke

Only thing I can think of is a flag not being flipped between steps 1 and 3. Because I tried step 3 first, then 1, 2, 4, 5 and it worked for me.

I done that one time, but Zeke was still recruited, also I rescued Tatiana AFTER I immediately retreated. Then went back and Zeke saw her and turned on Jerome and he was in the village and got recruited. I don't know if that was a glitch that is unheard of until now.