Choose your legends 2 predictions

Jonahtron

so

i guess basically everyone stopped voting for eirika, since "she got her new version" a thing nobody could've known about anyway, so there's no reason to stop voting for eirika

you know, i voted for levin the first three days, and voted for celica yesterday

now eirika's going to get my next 3 votes, because i don't want THE FOURTH VERSION OF CAMILLA in the game

i have my very personal theory about what happened:

i think IntSys prepares a bunch of artworks and characters (4 or 5) for every game-themed banner, like this SS banner

now, what i think happened is that IntSys noticed that there was no Awakening/Fates character in neither of the Top 2, and since eirika is just under camilla, as we now know, she should've been 2nd before the banner released

i think they put this second version of eirika, instead of a potential different character with the intention of making people stop voting for her in the CYL event, and let camilla be 2nd, because we know how importat awakening and fates are to IntSys *typical italian gesture meaning "money"*

i know it's complete bullshit and that i'm probably going to be banned for this but i like to believe it

please don't insult me <3

Edited by Yexin

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i think they put this second version of eirika, instead of a potential different character with the intention of making people stop voting for her in the CYL event, and let camilla be 2nd,

Honestly, she was released during the fourth day, right? I mean we'll see how close it ends up being, but if they really meant to sabotage Eirika, they should have done so earlier. Logically, most casual voters came for the first, second, maybe third day and then forgot about it, and as such, most votes were already in by the time of her inclusion. And this could have put more spotlight on her as well.

Again if Camilla ends up with a, idk, lower than 2k lead(assuming nobody reaches 100k total), I'll give you that maybe things could have been different, but otherwise, eh.

52 minutes ago, Yexin said:

snip

If any part of this theory is true, that feels like a really scummy move on their part to purposely sabotage a character's chances in the CYL because it's not going how they want it to. Really hoping that it's not true, just because that would be scummy enough of a move to lose a lot of faith in the developers.

What were they thinking releasing the new variant of Eirika at the time they did, honestly.

chill out, that was just a random thought my mind gave birth to, the chances for it being true are extremely low

but, as cysx said, we'll see how much camilla and eirika differ in three days, assuming that no one's changing his/her position

26 minutes ago, Yexin said:

chill out, that was just a random thought my mind gave birth to, the chances for it being true are extremely low

but, as cysx said, we'll see how much camilla and eirika differ in three days, assuming that no one's changing his/her position

First, I am chill. There's no need to tell me to chill out aside to piss me off for no reason. And second, you're not the only person I've heard tossing that idea around. Logically, I realize that the likelihood of anything fishy is low. If by some crazy chance it is true, that's cause for a lot of lost trust. Besides, it still doesn't explain what the developers were thinking with their timing of the new variant of Eirika because it just seems like poor timing regardless of what angle you want to look at it from.

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

People only remember the most recent things. I've seen a lot of hate for Eirika for her new form.

Hate for a character doesn't change anything. You cannot downvote.

The only way to make a character do worse is to make voters that would otherwise have voted for that character change their remaining votes to other characters. I don't think the portion of the casual voter pool who backs Eirika is much affected by her getting another version because placing top 2 in this poll means a third version of her (that they can get for free), which is good for them.

I think it's easier to rally "undecided" voters to a character than it is to dissuade voters from voting for a character they like over the course of a 7-day period.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

What were they thinking releasing the new variant of Eirika at the time they did, honestly.

It just seems so shortsighted on their part, which makes me want to believe @Yexin's theory, farfetched as it is.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Honestly, she was released during the fourth day, right? I mean we'll see how close it ends up being, but if they really meant to sabotage Eirika, they should have done so earlier. Logically, most casual voters came for the first, second, maybe third day and then forgot about it, and as such, most votes were already in by the time of her inclusion. And this could have put more spotlight on her as well.

Again if Camilla ends up with a, idk, lower than 2k lead(assuming nobody reaches 100k total), I'll give you that maybe things could have been different, but otherwise, eh.

Eirika was announced at the exact start of the third day (the Banner trailer came out at 3am UTC, which is when a new day starts in the VG), which I feel is plenty of time to sabotage her (intentionally or not). Going off of reddit, a lot of people decided to jump ship as a result. (How Camilla having three versions never seems to occur to people who complain about Eirika having two escapes me entirely, which is why I said what I did in the post @Ice Dragon quoted.)

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

I really hope Eirika can overtake Camilla. As I wrote above, the timing of Eirik2's reveal is incredibly suspect and I wouldn't be surprised if IS had been planning to snipe Eirika off of the charts even before all this (she was the top non-Fateswakening female last year, after all).

I think we need to prepare some tinfoil hats, but I can't help but wonder after reading your post... 

There is zero chance this "theory" going around that IS purposely sabotaged Eirika is true. 

First of all, IS has no real stakes in specific characters winning. They get money either way. See: CYL 1, where it became obvious afterwards they weren't expecting the winners because (a) they pretty clearly had Brave Lucina ready which is why they extended the winners to the top 2, and (b) they took a long time to get the others ready.

Secondly, in the time since the poll started and Eirika started getting votes to the release of the Sacred Memories banner, they would've had to commission Eirika's artist, contact the Japanese and English voice actors and record new lines, and make a skill set for her... JUST to prevent Eirika from getting more votes and having to do all of this anyway.

I'm just happy to see that things weren't as iron clad as they first appeared. Honestly wasn't too excited for a non-contested Camilla and Tharja win so even though I strongly dislike Celica's character (so much I've been purposefully putting off completing her map in Warriors) I admit it's nice to see some interesting characters at the top of the charts.

4 hours ago, Yexin said:

so

i guess basically everyone stopped voting for eirika, since "she got her new version" a thing nobody could've known about anyway, so there's no reason to stop voting for eirika

you know, i voted for levin the first three days, and voted for celica yesterday

now eirika's going to get my next 3 votes, because i don't want THE FOURTH VERSION OF CAMILLA in the game

i have my very personal theory about what happened:

i think IntSys prepares a bunch of artworks and characters (4 or 5) for every game-themed banner, like this SS banner

now, what i think happened is that IntSys noticed that there was no Awakening/Fates character in neither of the Top 2, and since eirika is just under camilla, as we now know, she should've been 2nd before the banner released

i think they put this second version of eirika, instead of a potential different character with the intention of making people stop voting for her in the CYL event, and let camilla be 2nd, because we know how importat awakening and fates are to IntSys *typical italian gesture meaning "money"*

i know it's complete bullshit and that i'm probably going to be banned for this but i like to believe it

please don't insult me <3

I can’t really wrap my head around the idea that putting another version of a character in the game would somehow result in them getting less votes. If anything, it would have the opposite effect, as it puts the character more in the spotlight. Look how much support Camilla’s gotten. Am I upset they added another version of Erika in the game? Yes, but that’s because I don’t like Erika and there were a bunch of really great sacred stones characters they could have added instead. But here’s the thing: I was never going to vote for Erika in the first place. If they added another version of Hector(the character I’ve been voting for this whole time) I wouldn’t be like “ew, more of a thing I like” I’d be like “sweet, more Hector! I love that guy.” 

I realize it was just a dumb theory you had, but I found it dumb in that it just makes literally no sense.

They planned a Sacred Stones banner and were not confident L'arachel and Myrrh were enough of a draw by themselves and felt they would make it more enticing by re-introducing Eirika. They try things, they still test things, to see what makes people spend. 

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the CYL poll and this conspiracy garbage needs to stop. Besides, why would they even build up an Eirika alternate just so they wouldn't have to build a... Eirika alternate later on? 

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Eirika was announced at the exact start of the third day (the Banner trailer came out at 3am UTC, which is when a new day starts in the VG)

Right, sorry, getting my timezones mixed up here.

23 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Eirika was announced at the exact start of the third day (the Banner trailer came out at 3am UTC, which is when a new day starts in the VG), which I feel is plenty of time to sabotage her (intentionally or not). Going off of reddit, a lot of people decided to jump ship as a result. (How Camilla having three versions never seems to occur to people who complain about Eirika having two escapes me entirely, which is why I said what I did in the post @Ice Dragon quoted.)

I'm guessing that in people's minds, while Camilla has 2 alts, both of them are seasonal while Eirika's alt can be rolled for at any given time (which was something previously limited to the CYL top 4)

2 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

Excuse me for being a bit of a dummy here, but is there a place people are seeing the current standings for CYL votes? I didn't see it on the CYL page, but it sounds like people have a bit more info than I do.

The results from halfway through the poll were released on the FE Heroes Twitter. We don't have the current, up-to-date, standings, however.

Not exactly pleasant results. Of top3 females Camilla is most interesting character. That's more then bit sad. 

For males... Hector is keeper, I guess my last votes will go to Marth hopping he can overtake that Disgusting thing.

31 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

The results from halfway through the poll were released on the FE Heroes Twitter. We don't have the current, up-to-date, standings, however.

Thanks friendo, was wondering where the info was coming from. I'll try to overcome my old-man syndrome and use twitter eventually, but that's all I needed for now. 

I guess the major question right now is when we'll get the results. Our wonderful Kirokan had a thorough analysis up by the 9:th of February, so the results must've been in before that last time. When did the first CYL end?

As much as it displeases me, I;m not surprised by Camilla's chances. Gee, I wonder why :dry:. I would have loved Veronica in there, pretty interesting if one of the original characters from FEH would have gone Brave :(:

I'm actually surprised by Marth. I was expecting much of his competition to be above him, but that's not the case surprisingly. Still, I doubt he'll surpass Ephraim and Hector 

Dudes:

1-Hector: sword knight. Weapon: Unsure. Appearance: Maybe older Hector from Binding Blade

2-Ephraim: mounted axe. Weapon: Garm. Appearance: using Duessel's armor . OR armored sword. Weapon: Whatever is Fado's personal blade. Appearance: Fado's armor

Ladies

1-Celica: red sword. Weapon: her personal blade. Appearance (?)

2-Camilla..... not so sure. She could be a possible reclass or something, with a weapon she normally wouldn't wield with the excuse someone else taught her to use, like Erika recently 

Assuming Camilla's still on top, do you think she'll be on a wyvern again? She's got two seasonals and IS seems unwilling to let her off of that thing. Not much of a compromise, but I think it'd be pretty cool to make her a pegasus knight with a lance, since she could do that in Revelations with a Hinoka A+ support. 

I hope Celica, again, assuming no upsets have occurred, is wearing either her outfit from Awakening or her old-timey Gaiden dress, rather than something kind of random. I guess you could use her 3rd tier class from Echoes, but it would seem like a missed opportunity for the throwback outfit. To me anyway.

Someone's gotta be a colorless unit, I wonder who it'll be. Celica would make sense as a staff user, and I suppose anyone could have a bow if they really felt like it. It'd be a little disappointing if Camilla was the first flying bow-user when we have potential Kinshi Knights waiting to fill that niche, though I suppose Lyn did the same thing to Rath, Sue, Shin and all the other canon mounted bow-users.

I'm guessing cavalry Veronica with an DC axe. She'd be a axe Xander.
Celica might be a sword user and would have her Rigain attire.
If Marth does make it to second place then he could be dagger unit. He'd use the Fire Emblem as a throwable shield like Cap'n Merica. He sort of works like a thief in his games since the Fire Emblem can open chests.
Hector would be an armored unit and uses the Uber Spear.

Edited by silveraura25