Spring Camilla: Spring Princess

Poimagic

“Princess of Nohr who dotes on her sibling Corrin. Loves her new outfit ever since Corrin called it cute”

Starting skills and stats:

Spoiler

Skills:

Weapon: Green Egg+

Assist: Rally attack

A Slot Skill: Defiant Spd

B Slot Skill: Live for bounty

Stats:

Hp: 35/39/42

Atk: 32/35/38

Spd: 22/25/29

Def: 26/30/33

Res: 16/19/22

Camilla joins the fray, being very meh. Compared to H!Nowi and S!Corrin, S!Camilla has more hp, atk, and def than both of them, but has lower spd and res than both of them, with her low spd being her downfall. And now, on to the builds:

Blades Ahoy (Regular Gronnblade)

Spoiler

Recommend Ivs: +atk/+spd/-res/-def

Weapon: Gronnblade

A Slot Skill: Death Blow/Darting Blow

B Slot Skill: Green Tome Breaker/Desperation

C Slot Skill: Flexible

SS Slot: Brash Assult/Iote’s Shield

Explanation: With a whole new slew of   Sacred Seal’s added, Camilla is a great recipient of some of them. For this build, Brash Assult is the main focus, as it allows her to turn into a nuke once she reaches 50% hp, and with her def stat, it might be easy to do that. Death Blow or Darting Blow, it’s your pick, but Darting Blow is a bit better of a pick, as it allows her to double more, specially with Desperation + Brash Assult, as she could potentially double the things that wouldn’t be doubled by Desperation + BA. For her B slot,  would go Desperation, as it helps her double anything that can attack her with Brash Assult. GTB is a good secondary option as it can help S!Camilla deal with pesky green mages like Julia, Celicia, other S!Camillas, Deirdre, etc, etc. And for her SS, go brash Assult. It goes well with Desperation. Iote’s Shield is a secondary option if you are that worried about archers.

True Monster (CC Gronnblade)

Spoiler

Recommend Ivs: +atk/+spd/-res

Weapon: Gronnblade

A Slot Skill: Close Counter

B Slot Skill: Vantage

SS Slot: Quick Riposte/Iote’s Shield

Explanation: The goal of this build is to just have S!Camilla nuke everything, with Vantage + CC. Quick Ripsote can make her amazing, while Iote’s Shield can shore up her weakness to arrows

Wild Lady (Gronnwolf)

Spoiler

Recommend Ivs: +atk/+def/-spd/-res

Weapon: Gronnwolf

A Slot Skill: Fury

B Slot Skill: Vantage

SS Slot: Iote’s Shield

Explanation: This build is just for screwing over horsies, and S!Camilla due to having good defenses. Fury is to improve defenses and attack, meanwhile, Vantage is to screw over ranged horsies and blue units if she enters that range. Iote’s Shield is to make her easily counter those pesky Brave Lyn’s

One with nature (Gronnowl)

Spoiler

Recommend Ivs: Any

Weapon: Gronnowl

A Slot Skill: Close Counter/Atk/Def Bond/Any bond of your choosing

B Slot Skill: Quick Riposte

Explanation: This build has Camilla turn into a more defensive version of the CC Blade build, having her rely on her allies to help her. Close Counter is to allow her to take down melee enemies, while bond skills are to improve her stats along with Owl buffs. Atk/Def Bond is the best option as it improves two of her best stats. Quick Riposte is to allow her to take down foes easier. And Iote’s Shield is to tank those bows easier

Easter Birds (Gronnraven)

Spoiler

Recommend Ivs: Any

Weapon: Gronnraven

A Slot Skill: Triangle Adept

B Slot Skill: Vantage/Green Tome Breaker/Quick Riposte

Explanation: Triangle Adept is the obvious choice for a Raven mage. Vantage helps her kill her foes when weakened, QR helps her kill those foes she can’t one shot, and Greentome breaker is to kill those pesky green mages. Iote’s Shield is the best on this build due to how it easily helps her tank bows.

Changelog

Spoiler

Jan 25: Finished the regular -Blade build

Jan 28: Added the outlines for the other builds. Will add the explanations soon

Feb 10: Explanations for all the builds added. QR has taken the spot for Vantage on a few builds.

Edited by Poimagic

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with Spring Camilla being meh. Flying mage is a stellar niche to begin with, and if any of them are meh, it's not going to be one with 35 attack. Speed isn't necessary when her two main builds (Gronnblade supported by flier buffs, or TA Raven) both regularly score OHKOs making followups moot.

Yeah what DHElf said. (also, if the analysis is WIP usually you put that in the title or something : o)

SCamilla has an extremely distinct niche; on top of being a rare mage flier, which in itself is already useful, she is hands-down the best flier candidate for countering archers between her high defense, access to Raven tomes, and pretty solid Atk-- and on top of that, she has role compression, being able to beat Reinhardt / other blue mages on top of smashing BLyn / archers, which makes her a great antimeta counter to common Horse team compositions.

She might be atypical, but don't understate her usefulness. Hope this is being taken into account when writing her up.

I have added the outlines for the other builds. I will add the explanations later.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:41 PM, BANRYU said:

Yeah what DHElf said. (also, if the analysis is WIP usually you put that in the title or something : o)

SCamilla has an extremely distinct niche; on top of being a rare mage flier, which in itself is already useful, she is hands-down the best flier candidate for countering archers between her high defense, access to Raven tomes, and pretty solid Atk-- and on top of that, she has role compression, being able to beat Reinhardt / other blue mages on top of smashing BLyn / archers, which makes her a great antimeta counter to common Horse team compositions.

She might be atypical, but don't understate her usefulness. Hope this is being taken into account when writing her up.

On 1/25/2018 at 6:02 PM, Dark Holy Elf said:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with Spring Camilla being meh. Flying mage is a stellar niche to begin with, and if any of them are meh, it's not going to be one with 35 attack. Speed isn't necessary when her two main builds (Gronnblade supported by flier buffs, or TA Raven) both regularly score OHKOs making followups moot.

Thanks for the feedback. The reason why I said S!Camilla was meh was that was looking at it from a meta stand point were you want good attack and good speed. Camilla has one, but not the other. But, QR and BA seal help her to double better, so my opinion has somewhat changed.

5 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Spring Camilla's main problem is that her base kit is terrible.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Yeah, Spring Camilla's base kit is real bad. In some ways she's the opposite of her axe-using original self, who had outstanding skills but mediocre stats (and hence fell off greatly when SI came into play).

7 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Thanks for the feedback. The reason why I said S!Camilla was meh was that was looking at it from a meta stand point were you want good attack and good speed. Camilla has one, but not the other. But, QR and BA seal help her to double better, so my opinion has somewhat changed.

No problem!

Good speed is nice but fundamentally is only one way to get things done. Reinhardt, brave users, and Quick Riposte tanks all show ways to have good offence without actually having a good speed stat. In Camilla's case (and indeed other high-atk mages like Lilina, etc.), the trick is just to build for OHKOs. Hone Fliers + Fortify Fliers on Gronnblade Camilla gives her 78 atk (before skills, seals, supports, merges, etc.), already enough to OHKO most non-reds. TA Raven doesn't do as well offensively (since it only racks up the big numbers against two colours rather than three) but on the other hand it doesn't even need flier buffs; it'll OHKO most blues and colourless with just a simple Hone or Spur Attack.

• 2 weeks later...

Nine days later. . . :P:

I'll talk about the one build I run, and that's the TA -raven one.  I strongly disagree with G Tomebreaker.  It looks good on paper, but it's really risky.  If she's -HP or -Res, you're looking at 54-55 magical bulk.  +Atk Julia with Fury will OHKO.  So will a proper -blade mage.

Since she flies, something like Escape Route/Guidance (S) works (I use this).  Guard/Iote's Shield is another option, since it messes up certain proc timings.  I guess Vantage is okay, but in practice, I use her to bait out Rein, then have her peck away at Hector.  Speaking of, Axebreaker works, too, since Hector will most likely not OHKO, and a double by Camilla should shut down his QR.

As a differing viewpoint I've found G Tomebreaker extremely effective on the same build. Yeah you can find very high-atk green mages who might pull OHKOs but the vast majority you'll run into, even in Tempest/Chain/etc. where enemy stats are higher, fall short. While I wouldn't want her fighting many Julias (the res is too high), G Tomebreaker lets her ORKO Nino and various other glassy green mages (potentially most of them depending on which buffs/goads are present). Distant Def seal can also help here; I find that she beats down archers well enough even without Iote (unless they have Cancel Affinity), and Distant Def improves her general matchups against the enemies she'll bait.

• 2 weeks later...

The Raven build, arguably her most niche and useful build, seems really barebones with its writeup (so is the CC Blade one for that matter), and there's no mention of Axebreaker or Guard (do seem like pretty useful skills for her), or its ability to antimeta against the likes of Rein and BLyn :0 To that end, I'm not entirely convinced that the Keen Wolf build is even necessary; I'd be curious to know what it does that a Raven build can't.

Speaking from experience, there aren't a lot of blue/grey cavs that aren't OHKO'd by Raven Camilla with a couple of Goads. If she can OHKO/ORKO some prominent reds then that would be enough to make it worthwhile I think, but one of those is Sigurd who is very, very difficult to ORKO with magic (though Siegbert and Eldigan at least are probably low-Res enough to possibly go down, but I'll let you run the calcs to work that out). 

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

The Raven build, arguably her most niche and useful build, seems really barebones with its writeup (so is the CC Blade one for that matter), and there's no mention of Axebreaker or Guard (do seem like pretty useful skills for her), or its ability to antimeta against the likes of Rein and BLyn :0 To that end, I'm not entirely convinced that the Keen Wolf build is even necessary; I'd be curious to know what it does that a Raven build can't.

Speaking from experience, there aren't a lot of blue/grey cavs that aren't OHKO'd by Raven Camilla with a couple of Goads. If she can OHKO/ORKO some prominent reds then that would be enough to make it worthwhile I think, but one of those is Sigurd who is very, very difficult to ORKO with magic (though Siegbert and Eldigan at least are probably low-Res enough to possibly go down, but I'll let you run the calcs to work that out). 

I’ll add axebreaker and guard as options for her Gronnraven build. Same with adding how her Gronnraven build can be anti meta.

As for wolf, I can see what you mean. The only red cavs who could probably take a hit from her are the ones who start with ruby sword, maybe Xander, and non-dc Sigurd. It is possible for her to ko a Sigurd, just, it requires three stacks of goad as well as for him to have DC.