Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Personally, I don't mind Heroes correcting gender imbalance in older games.

Unless Macellan undergoes the operation to Macelle, it isn't correcting a gender imbalance. It is just choosing to represent the genders absolutely equally, which is not the same as relatively equally.

In Shadow Dragon's case, we have 59 playables. 14 of whom are female. For 23.7% of the roster. So for relatively equal representation, we should get for every 1 female, 3 males.

Admittedly, in Archanea, if there are "filler" characters, I'd say they would more often than not be male, since having fewer females gives each greater plot/world significance in Archanea's case. But this is less so with a later game like Blazing (you could say this of Binding though- did we need 4 Cavaliers and 2 Jagens? Although Wendy O Koopa is filler too, and Zealot isn't a bad character).

Next, how about we apply this to FE4? We have 24 characters in the First Generation, and in the second, 24 original characters excluding subs (and excluding Finn). In the 1st Gen, we have 9 females to 15 males, and 8 females to 14 males. So 37.5% is female in the 1st and 33.33% in the 2nd, so for every one 1 female, we should expect roughly 2 males, slightly with one or two exceptions.

FE6: 54 PCs without the trial map characters, of whom 19 are female, or 35.19%.

FE7: 13 females in a playable roster of 44 counting Ninian and Nils separately. 29.55% is female.

Let us see what the ratio would be for SS, which with Creature Campaign has 43 playables. Of whom, 14 are female (if I counted right)- the same as SD. But having a significantly smaller cast relative equal representation would be about 2 males for every 1 female (32.55% of the roster). Removing the CC characters, we have 33 playables, of whom 12 or 36.36% are female.

RD, just to get both it and PoR done together. 74 including the Black Knight, and tossing in Largo from PoR just to get him out of the way. Of this, 25 are female, or 33.78%. 

For SoV, there are 34 characters, of whom 13 are female, or 38.23%. So we should get a little less than 2 men for every 1 woman.

The ratio for Awakening is next. 49 characters between Spotpass and the main game excluding Einherjar. 23 of whom are female, well 24 with Robin or Morgan, one of whom will be female if the other isn't. So 46.94% of the playable roster is female here. Here, absolute equality is virtually the same as true equality, so it works here, and I'd expect the same of Fates by virtue of modernity and modern baby making.

I know this is a little late, but I'm slow and meticulous in my number crunching.

Edit: As needed to add more crunched numbers.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently there aren't a lot of new maps. I guess just 5 story maps and Lyon's GHB? Since they can add the new TT final map and anything else from that week when they add the new legendary hero.

Just now, SilvertheShadow said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There’s no Samishar to be seen. Rip the dream of Marisa having a (potentially) legendary weapon.

Spoiler

My guess is she will get a Killing/Slaying Edge. That is what matches her pictures the most.

Well, another Sword Unit as a TT reward.

23 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:
  Hide contents

There’s no Samishar to be seen. Rip the dream of Marisa having a (potentially) legendary weapon.

Spoiler

She will probably have Wo Dao or Slaying edge. As I mentioned earlier, she probably won't be that good of a unit. 

3 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Damn it, Lyon! You just earned 20k feathers.

I was already planning on upgrading him just because he's Lyon, but I'll definitely be happy about doing so now.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
  Hide contents

Stats are here

Wow, Marisa and L’Archel are very meh. Erika is a red S!Corrin in a horse with one more sod point, Myrrh has 36 def, not including buffs, and Lyon is very good

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Stats are here

Spoiler

WOW! Myrrh has 167 BST, 2 points higher than Armored Tharja, Jakob, and Henry! (165 each).

Marisa looks decent, high Spd and decent Atk. 

Lyon is pretty good, decent defenses, low speed. Nothing too special, but still looks like a good unit. PRF Raven tome is nice!

Eirika has the same speed as Brave Lyn! With horse buffs, she will be very strong!

L'Arachel also has great offenses with a good Res as well.

Two pretty good units for free? Plus a lot more orbs from the story to head towards the banner. Nice.

I hope people can stop being negative for a second and appreciate this great art. I recall there was a serious lack of official SS art for a long time when it was new, so it's especially nice to see these characters represented like this.

Marisa sucks. Low attack, only somewhat high speed (and no IVs means its not fixable). 

Lyon is decent. 

L'Ararchel is... not good. Too balanced of stats while still being extremely squishy. 

Eirika is pretty good. Not amazing, but probably the best horse bladetome user now. 

Myrrh is looking pretty great, but it will be interesting to see how two sets of weaknesses plays out for her.

Edited by TheNiddo

Spoiler

Lyon - His stats seems to fit his weapon's effect (which is a Raventome). I'll probably upgrade him at some point.

Marisa - Her stats are... weird. So she has high HP and above average defense and speed, average attack, and below average Res. Okay. Guess she could use Bonfire and Panic Ploy. A little disappointed,  but she's fixable.  

LA Rachel - She's okay. Speed is kinda in the dead zone, and her +3 Defense from her tome is kinda useless considering her standard defense is lame. Good attack and res at least

Myrhh - MAN her stats are stupid lol. I'm not looking forward to facing her in Arena though. XD

Eirika - Solid offenses, defenses are bleh, but she's designed to be a player phase unit so who cares. Very pleased with her bases.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

18 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Marisa sucks. Low attack, only somewhat high speed (and no IVs means its not fixable). 

Lyon is decent. 

L'Ararchel is... not good. Too balanced of stats while still being extremely squishy. 

Eirika is pretty good. Not amazing, but probably the best horse bladetome user now. 

Myrrh is looking pretty great, but it will be interesting to see how two sets of weaknesses plays out for her.

Myrrh only really has to worry about bows. Falchion users are almost non-existent on arena defense teams, their role falls flat in the hands of A.I. I'm looking forward to getting her as she looks like a lot of fun to use. The others I can agree with 100%. Sucks for Marisa though, I kinda expected her to be better since Joshua is actually a good unit but base 30/36 offenses with no ivs just isn't going to cut it.

Edited by ChickenBits

Marisa has -1 Atk/+1 Spd compared to Joshua. She loses out to him hard in the Res department(-7 and Audhulma) but has +6 HP. Considering it looks like she'll have Wo Dao+, refinery will help her in other areas compared to Josh, but she's most likely to succeed focusing on def or speed since physical bulk and speed are the areas where she edges him out. Considering that red is the worst colour to be a res focused unit in hello ridiculous blue mages, she's probably as effective as Joshua in most lineups

As for Eirika and L'Arachel, they'll have +3/+3 most of the time that it matters due to tome effects. Their stats are more than good enough to be effective, L'Arachel won't dethrone Reinhardt but no one thought she would. Eirika is the best red cav mage by virtue of not being garbage

Edited by Ether

4 minutes ago, Ether said:

Reveal hidden contents

Marisa has -1 Atk/+1 Spd compared to Joshua. She loses out to him hard in the Res department(-7 and Audhulma) but has +6 HP. Considering it looks like she'll have Wo Dao+, refinery will help her in other areas compared to Josh, but she's most likely to succeed focusing on def or speed since physical bulk and speed are the areas where she edges him out. Considering that red is the worst colour to be a res focused unit in hello ridiculous blue mages, she's probably as effective as Joshua in most lineups

Not necessarily though. Joshua makes excellent manakete bait due to his high Res. 3CD glacies helps punch through the dragons' high defense.