Found Some BA Models Not Yet in Game, 3D Model Extractions

Ertrick36

RIP the original model-ripping thread.  We hardly knew ye.

So for the past month, I've been looking out for some 3D models of the characters in FEW so that I could possibly port them to XPS and do some graphics stuff with them.

Anyway, I literally just stumbled upon some pictures posted by Deviant Art user DSX8 - a Smash 4 modder - which show some of the characters from FEW ripped from the game.  But then I learned they actually have the Broken Armor models of certain characters who don't yet have access to them in-game.  Namely Anna, Lissa, Lyn, and Tiki so far.  It's not too uncommon for devs to leave scraps of their works-in-progress within game files, so it isn't a huge revelation that some characters already have these models.  But still, I thought some would be interested to see these.

Since I don't know if I have permission to repost the pictures (don't know why I wouldn't be allowed though, but I don't wanna take chances), I'll post links to the respective pictures instead.

Anna

Lissa

Lyn

Tiki

They also have some other characters - Ryoma, Oboro, Hinoka, and Camilla - ripped from the game as well as Hinoka as an alternate skin of Marth in Smash 4.

As far as I know, the models aren't actually available to the public, though DSX8 did say at one point that they'll probably be made available soon via the Model Resource (they estimated it would take about 2 weeks - a prediction made about 3-5 days ago).  And once they are made available, it is very likely that they'll get ported to other things, such as XPS, SFM, or Garry's Mod.

Feel free to discuss or gawk at the fact that the broken armor models are missing heads.

EDIT: I'll just provide links below in the spoiler, as well as any future relevant links.

DOUBLE EDIT: The raw models, which have been edited for proper use, are now being released.  Check links below.  I edited this edit because it might be confusing for some if I said the "raw" models were released.  Again, read below.

Spoiler

Anna: Unpromoted/BA

Lissa: Unpromoted/BA

Lyn: Unpromoted/BA

Tiki: Unpromoted (with wings)/BA

Ryoma: Unpromoted/BA

Oboro: Unpromoted/BA

Hinoka: Unpromoted/BA/Pegasus

Camilla: Unpromoted/BA/Malig

Celica: Unpromoted/BA

Darios: Only One Version, GG

Navarre: Promoted

Owain: Unpromoted/BA | Promoted/BA

Lucina: Unpromoted/BA | Bride/BA

Cordelia: Unpromoted/BA/Pegasus

Velezard: Can Dragon Where Cloth?

Leo: Unpromoted/BA

Azura: Unpromoted/BA

Minerva: Unpromoted/BA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VG Resource Forum where models are being released - So far Anna, Camilla, Elise, Hinoka, Minerva, and Niles have been released (their weapons, mounts, unpromoted, and broken armor models have all been released); these are models that have been edited to be usable in FBX and DEA formats, and they contain relatively usable bones, meaning they're rigged to move fully and be fairly easily transferable between various platforms such as games and modeling programs.

Here's a page of released 3DS character models - they're, unsurprisingly, lower quality than the Switch models, and are straight up OBJ files with textures, which means they're stuck in a T-Pose unless someone can rig proper skeletons to them; they're probably not worth getting unless you're doing some 3DS homebrewing or something to that effect where low-poly models would be ideal, and it should be noted that only non-DLC characters have been uploaded here, and the DLC ones will only be uploaded when the Awakening DLC finally hits.

For the higher quality models, if you want any characters at all to be worked on and released make sure you go to the VG Resource Forum thread I linked to and post there, or go to either to DSX8 or kurokairaku (I'd recommend the latter) on Deviant Art and leave your requests in the replies.  I have a strong feeling they will try to get every character released first before they even consider moving on to costumes, so I'd recommend just requesting straight up characters before anything.

Edited by Ertrick36

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Is it just me, or did Lissa gain weight in her broken armor model? Her torso looks wider...

Well, she is basically wearing a corset which is intended to make torsos smaller.

This is cool though. It makes sense these would be in the game though, since they'll definitely be part of the upcoming Shadow Dragon DLC releasing sometime next month.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Is it just me, or did Lissa gain weight in her broken armor model? Her torso looks wider...

Never underestimate the suffocating, torso crushing power of a corset.

I think they were actually used as a method for women to get skinny probably Victorian era; that era was well known for its cumbersome clothing for rich gals.  There was also the weighty wireframe dress that Lissa wears as well, which I think is at least 20 pounds.  Though I think it was actually a lot more than that.

3 hours ago, Folt said:

What's interesting is that I've heard from elsewhere that the guy also has the promotion and broken armor models of Owain and Navarre. (And no other DLC characters besides the ones already out.)

I've heard that too from comments on some of the pages I linked.  Perhaps most of them were made by the time the first round of broken armor models (the ones for Lianna and Rowan) were released.  I'd wager that if the DLC characters existed within the game's files, they would actually present in the base game like the others, so them being absent makes sense.

1 hour ago, dmurr said:

Oh wait. Interesting Lissa has one in this since she'll definitely be Awakening DLC later down the road.

You mean that all the Awakening characters will have broken armor models in the Awakening DLC?

I have to wonder what the others will get.  I'd be inclined to say that Fred's will be something akin to his Heroes summer outfit, and Chrom might be those hot pants he wore in the festival DLC.

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

You mean that all the Awakening characters will have broken armor models in the Awakening DLC?

I have to wonder what the others will get.  I'd be inclined to say that Fred's will be something akin to his Heroes summer outfit, and Chrom might be those hot pants he wore in the festival DLC.

Um, yes, why would they not?

Frederick needs to get his suit. It's unlikely, but maybe Lucina will wear the what looks like it could be a onesy that is underneath her other clothes.

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'd be surprised if Frederick didn't just simply get his suit since the dude has a lot of armor to knock off. I wanna see that suit too! But I wouldn't complain if he became shirtless either, of course! I just hope the model makes his abs look as gorgeous as they do in that summer art you mentioned. <3

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Um, yes, why would they not?

Frederick needs to get his suit. It's unlikely, but maybe Lucina will wear the what looks like it could be a onesy that is underneath her other clothes.

It was more me asking for clarification from the other user as to what they meant.  I myself expect every single character in the game to have a BA model.

Given that there are different BA models for some characters with costumes (Azura, Butler Taco Meat, Maid Milla), I have to assume Lucy will possibly get a BA model for both her regular outfits and her bride costume, plus any additional DLC costumes will get their own BA models unless they're of a similar nature to Corrin's.  I guess we'll see about that soon, won't we?

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

It was more me asking for clarification from the other user as to what they meant.  I myself expect every single character in the game to have a BA model.

Given that there are different BA models for some characters with costumes (Azura, Butler Taco Meat, Maid Milla), I have to assume Lucy will possibly get a BA model for both her regular outfits and her bride costume, plus any additional DLC costumes will get their own BA models unless they're of a similar nature to Corrin's.  I guess we'll see about that soon, won't we?

Actually, male Corrin's Nohrian broken model is radically different from the Hoshido one for whatever reason as opposed to female Corrin's. 

And, yes, I expect that Bride Lucina will get a separate one (I kind of doubt that she'll get another costume though), but I think the onesy for her default would be kind of funny if nothing else.

@BhevHD Don't forget drgon: https://dsx8.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Emblem-Warriors-End-Dragon-728405706

Navarre seems to be doing what a lot of middle school kids do with their sweatshirts and wrapping his tunic around his waste.  Next he'll start killing his enemies with fidget spinners, custom nerf guns, and the various OCs he created in Sonic Forces (which are based off of all the women he met as a result of his notorious "I will not turn my blade on a woman" moments).

Also, more proof that Lucy does actually have bob (frontal view of BA model, but you can still tell), but suppresses it in her regular outfit to make herself look masculine.  Mostly saying just to spite shitty ol' GameFAQs, like always.

Edited by Ertrick36

Also, more proof that Lucy does actually have bob (frontal view of BA model, but you can still tell), but suppresses it in her regular outfit to make herself look masculine.

Was the wedding outfit not already proof of that?

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Was the wedding outfit not already proof of that?

That's why I said more proof.

I also suspect that Lucina had a BA model in Fates.  I'd almost count some of the other class models - archer and the like - as well, but alternate class models have been known to give characters a bizarrely wide range of body proportions, the most notorious one being Oni Savage making Hayato suddenly super ripped.

That's why I said more proof.

I also suspect that Lucina had a BA model in Fates.  I'd almost count some of the other class models - archer and the like - as well, but alternate class models have been known to give characters a bizarrely wide range of body proportions, the most notorious one being Oni Savage making Hayato suddenly super ripped.

Alt Classes are notoriously inaccurate due to generic models (cause she's definitely not that...big). Though even her Great Lord outfit isn't flat though thanks to Cordelia no one trusts breastplates anymore. I'm still a bit perplexed as to why she felt the need to hide her gender unless she really wanted to take no chances that Chrom would figure it out one day.

Huh, I never thought of that though. I take it none of the amiibo characters had BA models?

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Alt Classes are notoriously inaccurate due to generic models (cause she's definitely not that...big). Though even her Great Lord outfit isn't flat though thanks to Cordelia no one trusts breastplates anymore. I'm still a bit perplexed as to why she felt the need to hide her gender unless she really wanted to take no chances that Chrom would figure it out one day.

Huh, I never thought of that though. I take it none of the amiibo characters had BA models?

Well, I'd assume that she was probably instructed by Naga to change as little as possible while still saving the blighted future.  One of those ways would be to not let the man she's saving know that she's his daughter.  Plus, probably like Gerome and others, she probably didn't want to become attached to him, though it's likely less about the possibility of her "reliving" his death and more about her possibly burdening him with two daughters - one of whom is roughly the same age as him.

I'm unsure if amiibo characters had BA models in Fates, tbh.  All it'd take to figure that out is to either look at the model in the accessory shop or to do a quick castle battle with Sophie and have her strike Lucina.  Though most characters usually share the same undergarments, some BA models do have noticeably different proportions.

out of curiosity, do we know how long these have been sitting around? Curious if they've been there since day 1 (we know from the DLC plans they've absolutely been planning on them, at least), the free dlc broken armor update, or depending on the model maybe added in the last dlc update.

Darios not having a broken armor tells me we probably wont see him & the evil wizards ever see release. I think by this point we kind of figured, but if they already have Navarre & Owain ready to go but not even a placeholder for darios, well...

Seems odd that they put Awakening BA models in already though.

25 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Well, I'd assume that she was probably instructed by Naga to change as little as possible while still saving the blighted future.  One of those ways would be to not let the man she's saving know that she's his daughter.  Plus, probably like Gerome and others, she probably didn't want to become attached to him, though it's likely less about the possibility of her "reliving" his death and more about her possibly burdening him with two daughters - one of whom is roughly the same age as him.

I'm unsure if amiibo characters had BA models in Fates, tbh.  All it'd take to figure that out is to either look at the model in the accessory shop or to do a quick castle battle with Sophie and have her strike Lucina.  Though most characters usually share the same undergarments, some BA models do have noticeably different proportions.

I mean, still seems excessive, but to Chrom's credit, he figured it out after seeing the brand though I doubt if some woman he met twenty some years ago who wore a mask and looked oddly like his now grown daughter would have given it away. This is also ignoring the fact that after a few things were changed, I doubt any of the children born would be identical if even similar to the future kids since genetics doesn't really work that way.

Edited by Arthur97