Found Some BA Models Not Yet in Game, 3D Model Extractions

Ertrick36

1 hour ago, BhevHD said:

Well, these files are from the December update. Unfortunately, we never had data mines for the October/November update, but still, at the very least we know these weren't from the initial release.

Ah interesting. Honestly it's annoying that we've had people datamining but there's no real repository for any of it. I know the game isn't super popular but come on...

55 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Seems odd that they put Awakening BA models in already though.

They probably had the modelers do everything all at once. I'm guessing they slipped these in while adding other things without thinking on it, like it was part of their current build. Probably similar to why Navarre had his new combo added to his NPC. Little bit surprised they didn't accidentally leave any of minerva, tharja, olivia or linde behind, heh.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Ah interesting. Honestly it's annoying that we've had people datamining but there's no real repository for any of it. I know the game isn't super popular but come on...

They probably had the modelers do everything all at once. I'm guessing they slipped these in while adding other things without thinking on it, like it was part of their current build. Probably similar to why Navarre had his new combo added to his NPC. Little bit surprised they didn't accidentally leave any of minerva, tharja, olivia or linde behind, heh.

Well, they may not be entirely done. I didn't notice Navarre had his moveset updated. I didn't think enemy Oboro had been changed so I assumed enemy versions would stay the same.

9 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, they may not be entirely done. I didn't notice Navarre had his moveset updated. I didn't think enemy Oboro had been changed so I assumed enemy versions would stay the same.

Well, it wasn't just Navarre. NPC Lyn was also updated.

It's odd that they gave the NPC's an exclusive attack.

2 hours ago, guedesbrawl said:

I never noticed anything. What exactly was added?

A single combo that isn't in Playable Lyn's moveset.

I don't have a video showing it, but basically, they duck down and swing horizontally, duck even lower and swing horizontally again, and they end it by jumping up and doing an X slash with both swords.

8 hours ago, BhevHD said:

A single combo that isn't in Playable Lyn's moveset.

I don't have a video showing it, but basically, they duck down and swing horizontally, duck even lower and swing horizontally again, and they end it by jumping up and doing an X slash with both swords.

that sounds to me like the x slash move that opens up enemy stun gauge

I don't remember who was discussing it last page, but the amiibo units in Fates can indeed be stripped down- both as minor battle damage like Lucina losing her cape or Robin losing his coat, and down to undies with the Raider weapons (or just viewing them in the accessory shop).

The de-clothed models aren't anything unique from everybody else, though. Marth, Ike, and Robin all use the standard male bodytype (alas, Ike doesn't use the jumbo model that Benny, Fuga, ect. use), and Lucina uses the medium-bust female model type that most women use. All with Nohrian-style garments.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Just another model, which is of Leo.  Only really of interest for those of us following the progress of the release of these models.

There've also been 3DS models released, an effort that I believe is unrelated to that of DSX8 and the Switch hackers.  Obviously they're lower quality models, and it seems like they're only static .obj files anyway; they might be interesting to those who want to know just how downscaled everything is in the 3DS version.

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm just waiting for somebody to rig these models up for use in SFM or Gmod.

Well, you'll need to wait until these folks or someone else releases the models in the first place...  And obviously the 3DS models just won't do for Source stuff.  Even HL2's original graphics looked better than those models.

I myself would try to rig them to the Source engine if I didn't have such a rough experience trying to do so with other models before.  There's a bit more that goes into getting models into those games than in something like GTA: SA, and it was frustrating trying to learn it all as a teenager.

20 minutes ago, BhevHD said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/962099135540162561

Some Owain shots. Not sure if they're from his support convo's or his in battle talking.

Probably story, since he does show up there.

Someone on Spriters Resource posted all the shots of costumes, portraits, and map sprites here.  Though they didn't post any of those of the NPCs/DLC characters, and have stated they'll wait until all of it is out.

Edited by Ertrick36

On 2/12/2018 at 4:50 PM, r_n said:

I like how bride lucina's shoes became entirely different shoes

I like how Azura's dress becomes a skirt.

Anyway, there's another model now.  Hot off the heels of the DLC, we got Minerva's unpromoted and BA models showcased.  Of course it's nothing that can't be found in-game at this point, but it goes to show how quick the Switch hacking team can work.

• 3 weeks later...

Now the models have actually started being released in the VG Resource Forums as FBX models (which are compatible with Blender and 3DSMax) with DDS textures.  So far, they have released Anna, Camilla, Hinoka, and Minerva.

No others have released yet, nor have they been ported to other popular platforms such as G-Mod or SFM, but I guarantee you that at least Camilla will see widespread porting and if you post in that forum, you could possibly get some characters' models released faster.

I myself would want to ask for Oboro, but I don't want to make yet another forum account that I'll barely use just to tell them that.

20 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Now the models have actually started being released in the VG Resource Forums as FBX models (which are compatible with Blender and 3DSMax) with DDS textures.  So far, they have released Anna, Camilla, Hinoka, and Minerva.

No others have released yet, nor have they been ported to other popular platforms such as G-Mod or SFM, but I guarantee you that at least Camilla will see widespread porting and if you post in that forum, you could possibly get some characters' models released faster.

I myself would want to ask for Oboro, but I don't want to make yet another forum account that I'll barely use just to tell them that.

Yesss.

It. Begins.

Now I just need them all in Gmod and I can have some fun.

On 3/6/2018 at 1:46 AM, Anomalocaris said:

Yesss.

It. Begins.

Now I just need them all in Gmod and I can have some fun.

I wish I was able to figure out how to get around the archive issues I had when I originally tried to port models to GMod so that I could help this process along, but alas.  And all the inspiration I'd have for pursuing that knowledge is gone.  Nothing doing but to just browse FacePunch and Steam.  I'd almost recommend getting XPS or MMD and doing your silly stop-animation shenanigans from there, but using either of those for that purpose would probably be even more tedious than on GMod.

Anyway, pervert boi was added to the list of released Switch models fairly recently.  And if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say either one of the Nohrian royals or Celica is next, if the requests I see on that board are any indication.

I lied about not wanting to make an account just to make a request; I was actually fairly close to signing up on VG Resource, but then I read their CoC and saw the part that explicitly stated that you can't make an account just to make requests.  *Sigh* Reminds me of my old days of trying to acquire mods and models from "out there" forums, and it's exactly why I'm so reticent to make accounts for forums in general.  I just hope I'm not the only one following this that wants the 'Boro.  If anyone here wants to go there or to Deviant Art and request a 'Boro from kuro or DSX8, I'd be quite grateful, but I won't force anyone.