Special heroes of the 8th February

Morswo

Interesting note.  This is after the one year anniversary and there was no February special banner last year.  You might say that it was too close to release but remember they had an x-mas banner planned when they thought they could release the game before x-mas.  

This means IS didn't originally plan to do so many seasonals so they must be selling well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy that we got two non-seasonal banners in row, but I guess a V-day banner is inevitable.  I just hope they have a couple guys on it, and don't do an all-girls one again.

Has a Valentine's banner even been teased? It seemed like the bridal banner had some Valentine's stuff what with Cordelia having a cupid's bow.

If we do have one I only want two things: it not being an all girl banner, and Klein being the cupid character. Someone drew him like that on reddit and now I don't want anybody else as cupid haha.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7jaxdh/recently_i_gave_klein_cupids_arrow_and_now_i/

1 minute ago, YingofDarkness said:

Has a Valentine's banner even been teased?

We haven't even gotten to the Sacred Stones banner, so it will probably be a couple weeks before we get teased on the next one.

If its V-day, give us Pent and Louise finally. Hopefully alongside their standard versions.

I know its also FE7 and all, but how about Canas and his wife, Iris I think? We never saw her, but we were told she was a mage. I actually would love a banner based on off-camera characters. Canas' wife, Neimi's grandfather, Marisa's father, any of the legends/heroes.

Right, but valentine's. Calil and Largo? Marth finally? Igrene and Astore for a longshot. 

I just hope they'd do actual couples, rather than "look what cute outfit Camilla/Lucina/Avatar is wearing!" 

Expecting Awakefates here again; I doubt IS is willing to budge on them for fanservice, whatever their reasons are.

For males, I'm guessing Ryoma as he's yet to show up in a seasonal banner and Lon'qu for the irony. For females, Hinoka (also has yet to show up and her reluctance to wear girly stuff may come into play here) and Sumia (yes, she's not in yet as a normal version, but that didn't stop Charlotte and Shigure) for her whole love biz early in the game. Odd choices, maybe, but ya gotta try to get into IS's odd heads. :P

I kinda hope they go with a Shipping theme - characters people always wanted to end up together...the kind of crap that people make fan fiction about. Ha!

But for real, it would be nice to have something with the couples even like Macaiah and Sothe or Haar and Jill. (Yes...I am a Radiant Dawn guy)

I just wonder what choices IS will make now that they usual suspects for a valentine's banner have already been used in other seasonal banners. Will they go for something new or will they stick to what they used in the other themed banners?

Personally I hope for a bunch of cringeworthy lovey dovey couples as characters. Marth/Caeda, Pent/Louise or Mathilda/Clive spending most of their time gushing over each other.

However I fully expect them to do another Awakening/Fates banner with at the very least one unrequited love character and one twisted love character. So I have a feeling we're getting another Tharja/Camilla/Cordelia. Flora and Niles would also be contenders if they do an Awakening/Fates banner, but those two would at least be a bit better.

If they go the typical route it will be Awakening and fates most likely using characters like Oboro,Sumia, Niles,Virion,Severa and if they're feeling cheeky Lucina or Camilla. However I'd love for them to do all male wedding banner with everyone donning tuxedos using post-new mystery Marth the day before his wedding, Sigurd, Alm, and Eliwood finally confirming Roy's mom. I'd also take a Lonely Hearts club banner featuring Catria, Katarina,Matthew, and Titania(not sure if she fits since I never played tellius but she's pretty cool and totally deserves some kind of alternate).

10 hours ago, Cornguy said:

If its V-day, give us Pent and Louise finally. Hopefully alongside their standard versions.

I know its also FE7 and all, but how about Canas and his wife, Iris I think? We never saw her, but we were told she was a mage. I actually would love a banner based on off-camera characters. Canas' wife, Neimi's grandfather, Marisa's father, any of the legends/heroes.

Right, but valentine's. Calil and Largo? Marth finally? Igrene and Astore for a longshot. 

I just hope they'd do actual couples, rather than "look what cute outfit Camilla/Lucina/Avatar is wearing!" 

Calill/Largo and Pent/Louise will be great, in their standard version of course i don't want an another Charlotte syndrom (But I don't think these characters are popular enough) :/

But badly It seems to be an another event banner...

3 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

But for real, it would be nice to have something with the couples even like Macaiah and Sothe or Haar and Jill. (Yes...I am a Radiant Dawn guy)

Micaiah and Sothe- I'm in the camp that emphasizes their brother-sister relations being more in the forefront and the romantic relations being too underplayed and thus making their marriage weird.

Haar and Jill? Haar was probably finishing puberty around the same time Jill became a zygote. Their PoR Support and everything else in PoR and RD suggests nothing of romance between the two. Just two individuals sharing in an adoration of Shiharam Fizzart. I don't think it had to end romantically between the two of them, and it comes off as forced because the two just so happen to be the opposite sex and close to each other and Jill had no other options looking at PoR.

As for a V Day banner.

What the They Who Lusts wants: Plenty of fanservicey males, or classy ones- leaving more to the imagination works for me.

What the Idealist wants: Two males and two females, with representation of non-Awakening/Fates games. Attire would be a little on the risque side, but still classy enough.

What the Cynic fears: All or 3/4s female, all Awakening/Fates, all in fanservicey attire. Men will not receive a White Day banner to compensate. Some critics will sneer it as VDay.

2 hours ago, MisfitMiju said:

Titania(not sure if she fits since I never played tellius but she's pretty cool and totally deserves some kind of alternate).

Titania loved Commander Greil, Ike's and Mist's father, both romantically and in adoration of him as a person. Even with Elena's death, she did not marry him, nor do we get any idea of their relationship being anything but strictly professional. Well besides Titania being something of a mother figure to Ike, Mist, Boyd, and Rolf (though we don't hear of it in Rolf's case, he is the youngest of the GMs).

10 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

I was thinking, could the 1st anniversary be a good time to have FEH's first collab event?

I would just die if we could get Link, Light Bow Zelda, dagger Impa and GHB Ganondorf 0.0

Ganondorf would run in fear of the reaction by some of us who would shout "So not only are the unpopular characters forced to wait forever to get in due to the more popular and females ones they keep rehashing, but now they get shoved aside by characters that aren't even from FE? KILL THEM!" Link would foolhardily stand in opposition, and die a violent death. Zelda's would be less gruesome, but still sad, and Impa would vanish into the shadows before she gets mauled.

I'd agree actual couples from varying FEs and not just Awakening/Fates would be quaint, but quaint is the word you use for the downsized house you move to in your 50s after the kids are gone. Quaint is not a word you'd use for selling Orbs; hot, cool, badass, fun, silly, sexy, epic, awesome, and cute! are all words you'd use, and the opposite of quaint.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Haar and Jill? Haar was probably finishing puberty around the same time Jill became a zygote. Their PoR Support and everything else in PoR and RD suggests nothing of romance between the two. Just two individuals sharing in an adoration of Shiharam Fizzart. I don't think it had to end romantically between the two of them, and it comes off as forced because the two just so happen to be the opposite sex and close to each other and Jill had no other options looking at PoR.

I was always more of a Ike x Jill kind of guy. Ike killed Shiharam the same way that BK killed Greil. This could've been something that supports or the info conversations touched upon. I mean like Ike coming to a realization there's a cycle of killing: once somebody you love has been killed, you'll do the same to another person

Edited by silveraura25

I half-expect it to be a limited edition Valentine's banner... Meh. 

I'm hoping this is a non fates/awakening banner. Bride Lyn and Bride Caeda are the only (seasonal/holiday) limited edition heroes not to come from those games.

If anything, Nintendo will either 

A) Do another female exclusive banner like they did in June.

or

B) Canon couples.

-

If we assume the former, I think the character needs to be in love (no shit, Fypo) canonically with someone. I can see Oboro, Sumia, either Catria or Est, and maybe  being on it. If they actually added men, Dorcas better be on it.

For the latter possibility, it reeks of Valentia. For miles... Yeah. That game alone probably makes up a big chunk of Fire Emblem's canon pairings, and since it's a newer game, it makes it a great choice for the banner. Alm and Celica, Mae and Boey, Clive and Mathilda, Zeke and Tatiana, and Berkut and Rinea (if that's the case, I would REALLY like the Berkut/Rinea pair to be a thing). 

If it's not game specific, Marth and Caeda have to be there, or else... (everyone gets upset)

If Nintendo/Intelligent Systems got really creative, perhaps we'd get Cherche in kitchen attire cooking something for Minerva, or one of the archers dressed as cupid (my vote goes to Virion)... I could also imagine a dagger Inigo/Laslow being part of that banner throwing tea cups. or even Ike swinging around a steak. Unlikely though.

18 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Red and white motif Marth, Caeda. Maaaaybe Chrom and Olivia Chrom with Cupid’s bow 

I know most people are sick and tired of Chrom alternates but since he's my Awakening husband I can't help but admit I'd love this. Not to mention it's a costume he'd again be less than enthused about wearing.

I would really be over the moon for a Marth/Caeda and Pent/Louise set of pairs for a banner though because both couples are so sweet together.

Edited by Liliesgrace

Maybe they'll stick to canon pairs in FE history. It is highly unlikely to see entirely new characters coming in as seasonals (maybe they won't have Valentine's Day outfits, but only the "live theme") ,but I could imagine them adding Louise/Pent, Anna/Jake, Harken/Isadora, Yuno/Zealot, Quan/Ethlyn, Callil/Largo... Man, there are so many options, but I guess it's coming down to something disappointing like Chrom/Robin and Corrin/Azura... Or maybe they'll throw in a Camilla instead.

Actually, I think the possibility of seasonal Sigurd/Deirdre is quite high. Or Alm/Celica... Or even Marth/Shiida, Clive/Mathilda, Boey/Mae... Looks like this time we have a chance of getting NEW and REFRESHING characters in a seasonal banner

Edited by Mariode