What would you want out of a FE6 Echoes?

Corrobin

As somebody who JUST replayed BB again, I'll mention some general things, as opposed to the things I've been saying("Make it after a FE7 remake", "Add in more FE7 characters", "Rebalance weapons/units", etc.) for the last year since I joined. 

• Diversify mission objectives. Probably since the game is supposed to originally be a huge call back to FE3, the ONLY mission objectives in FE6 are Seize. It makes the game even more monotonous than other recent games that had very little variety like SoV and Awakening. There's no good reason to stick with pure seize maps when bringing the game out of FE3's shadow. 
  • Make the maps a little more... Coherent/interesting. FE6 is obsessed, for some reason, making you go out of the way to actually reach the throne/gates. I've mentioned that one of the reasons BB is one of the most hardcore Horse Emblem games(The only game that has it beat as far as I can recall is THE Horse Emblem game, FE4. After that there'd be quite a large gap.) is because the map design is so needlessly windy, and not in interesting ways. FE6 just does everything it possibly can to keep from making your trek to the throne/gate convenient and intuitive. Unless you use Treck, because he has a horse and can carry Roy twice as fast as any foot units, it's slow and tedious in ways that would make FE4 stop and go "What am I doing?". It comes off as deliberate, but not in any way that's justified by anything in the game besides cavs and Miledy being OP. 
  • Increase the frequency of promotion items. You get very few, and you don't get them early. Premmies run roughshod over most non-premmies simply because the payoff isn't good enough for the investment for most unpromoted units in FE6. It just makes runs kind of bland when you generally rely on the same cadre of pre-baked units+a small group of units you actually built up to their level run after run. 
  • Add more villages and side objectives. Every 4 or 5 chapters you're given a chapter with a butt ton of chests to get, villages to visit, units to recruit, things to find/do, and then you're given a bunch of straightforward maps that are just "Point A to Point B, kill everything in your path with maybe one diversion". Again, it makes for not the most exciting runs. Especially with how simple the GBA gameplay is. 
  • Speaking of, expand on the GBA gameplay more. I'm not saying it has to be Tellius or Jugdral when it comes to functions and features. I'm sure people love the blunt simplicity of the GBA games. I myself have a lot of nostalgia for GBA gameplay. But FE6 was a deliberately simple game because it was designed as a casual handheld experience meant to streamline the features of the series. As time has gone on, its reputation is far from this. More than anything, it holds up as being too simple and on the difficult side. Even the franchise' standards of "streamlined" nowadays are a lot more expansive than BB. So I don't think pulling an SoV is wise, since SoV didn't do enough(To a lot of people) to modernize and fix an ambitious game. Leaving a decidedly unambiguous game as is will probably raise more than a few eyebrows and come off as low-effort. 
Edited by Slumber

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a Hector Hard mode. When it gets to the point in the story where Hector dies, he instead miraculously lives and replaces Roy as the main lord. The story inexplicably continues in an near identical way, only with Hector replacing Roy in almost every scene and some how coming to the same conclusions using wildly different logic. Roy would still be present, just as a more minor character. The legendary Axe of Seals is optional.

I want a potential remake of FE6 to take a very good look at the cast of FE7 and add them in where it would make sense for them to be involved. I know Pent was to busy with not yet existing in his current form when FE6 came allong but ever since FE7 this form of Pent does exist and has plenty of reasons to join the conflict. 

I also want the cast to get a pretty big overhaul. There are some really good characters like Niime and the orphans but other characters are incredbible dull and can benifit from some traits being added and their designs being updated. 

Alright, my serioues wants.

*Roy's late promotion is kind of a meme. But it actually deosn't bother me too much, because the Sword of Seals makes him feel awesome after he finally does promote. So regarding that, I'd only change it so the promotion comes at the end of Chapter 21, as opposed to Chapter 21x. It's a small difference, but the extra map of promoted Roy it would give would make a huge difference.

*I don't really want to see any massive changes to gameplay, but I could do with some Skills. Namely Armsthrift would be really useful in this game as it comes with so many Low Durability powerful Weapons. Some of the standard skills like Vantage and Sol would be welcome too.  I definitely don't want a Echoes Binding Blade to be Skill Emblem as a lot of the modern games are, so just skills on the level of Thracia 776, where most characters have one or to at base and you can occasoinally find a skill scroll (also Paragon Sophia please, and maybe some cool unique Proc Skill for Roy).

*Let Thieves promote to Rogues and give Knights the same base move as infantry (but no extra move upon promotion).

*Con growths.

*I love Branching Classess, but I think I'd like to turn down the idea for this particular game to stop othe series being oversaturated with the idea. I do like Reclassing though, so I'd ask for that. I like the way it gives more flavor to each unit by giving them an option for a class the character could conceivably be but just happen not to be (Berserkerk Lillina!).

*On that subject, make Lucius a monk by default. As light magic being regulated to Second Tier kind of nerfs it a lot.

*I'd make support grinding easier. Because I found myself barely ever getting supports in the GBA games. I think Path of Radiance with it's number of maps based support system is probably the best, as you can develop supports witout compromising your strategy for a map.

*People have said a Mia's Turnwheel and I'm inclined to agree. It would even help with getting those Gaiden levels as if you just missed the turn count, you could rewind time and try to be more efficent on those last few turns.

*Have Eckesachs be useable by the player after they defeat Zephiel. It doesn't really make much sence that that weapon is a prf when every other Legendary Weapon except the Binding Blade is useable for everyone.

*Guinevere, unlike Nyna, has decent stats for trial maps, so canonically she can fight. It'd be a really nice surprise for veteran players if she got off her ass and joined the army at some point in the game (yes, I know Nyna is playable in BS and Mystery, but her stats are so low it makes sense that she's noto a fighter).

*As far as new characters go, I think having Eliwood join in the last few chapters would be pretty cool. I know he's sick, but he kind of just vanishes from the plot altogether even though he's still alive. And canonically he was doing stuff when Roy was at the western isles. I wouldn't even care if his stats suck, it'd just be cool to have him as an option to field.

*A new character that is Lyn's son or daughter, canonizing Lyn's official pairing as nobody from the prequel. Best way of addressing Lyn without messing with ay preestablished character backgrounds.

*Give a battle convo between Roy and Zephiel. Because the main villain and main hero should really interact.

*Make Yahn the acgtual final boss, with a massive stat total to match the effective weapons you have against him. Go the full mile with a unique model that looks more impressive than the War Dragons and several skills to back it up. Idoun can still remain as a weak final challenge as that's narratively fitting for her. But if Yahn is suped up, then the player won't at least feel like they were cheated out of a final battle.

Edited by Jotari

14 hours ago, anniec8711 said:

I believe you mentioned this already so I didn't feel the need to say it again.  I would however love to hear your suggestions on re-balancing :D:

For one, better bases and maybe better growths for the likes of Oujay, Wendy, Sophia, etc. Because as it is, it's hard to find any good excuse to use them over the earlier joiners. Second, rebalance the weapon types. The most accurate axes have only 65 base hit. That is not okay. At all.

7 hours ago, Slumber said:

Increase the frequency of promotion items. You get very few, and you don't get them early. Premmies run roughshod over most non-premmies simply because the payoff isn't good enough for the investment for most unpromoted units in FE6. It just makes runs kind of bland when you generally rely on the same cadre of pre-baked units+a small group of units you actually built up to their level run after run. 

Speaking of, replace class-specific promotion items with Master Seals. Because honestly, I think it'd be a massive step backwards if they did not do this.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Roy's late promotion is kind of a meme. But it actually deosn't bother me too much, because the Sword of Seals makes him feel awesome after he finally does promote. So regarding that, I'd only change it so the promotion comes at the end of Chapter 21, as opposed to Chapter 21x. It's a small difference, but the extra map of promoted Roy it would give would make a huge difference.

I vehemently disagree with this - one chapter extra of promoted Roy is so little of an improvement, it might as well be tantamount to no improvement at all. Also, this honestly reeks heavily of preserving a flaw.

57 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

@Jotari Do you mean Saul instead of Lucius? Lucius doesn’t appear (officially) in FE6. Overall I liked your ideas though.

Gah! I do mean Saul. Not only is Lucius from the wrong game, but he's a monk already! Though, not in Heroes for some reason.

On 3/27/2018 at 1:06 AM, anniec8711 said:

- Implement fixed growths on higher difficulties to root out any save scummers trying cheese through Hard Mode and up (play Fates on Lunatic and you'll know what I'm talking about)

Why? The game isn't exactly PvP so what's it matter if someone RNG abuses their way up to a fully capped Marcus?

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

The legendary Axe of Seals is optional.

Well, he could use swords in 7...

• As others have said, earlier promotion for Roy.
  • Surprised more people haven't said differing objectives.
  • Part of me wants a gen 1, gen 2 type thing, but part of me does agree that's either asking for a drastic rework of the story or a ton of trouble.
  • That said, do acknowledge 7 in 6.
  • For 7, maybe fix some of the plotholes so Banzai will shut up :P
  • Definitely easier time with promotions.
  • Trial maps for 7. Or really, creature campaign for both. I'm too impatient to want to play the game 8 times to get all the characters.
  • Find a middle ground between 6's and 7's HM bonuses, or really just use 6's formula in 7. I'd be fine with that, but the former seems better for balance.
  • Generalize HM boosts like Awakening did. Nino having at least somewhat of a boost on HHM would certainly be appreciated.
  • Give assassins daggers so they're not just worse swordmasters, who already weren't good in 7.
  • For the love of God, don't force actions in LNM! I'm 100% okay with the way it does the tutorial otherwise, spreading it out over so many chapters, but if a player doesn't want to do that, then don't make them.
  • Obviously, graphical improvements.
  • Some sort of free-roaming would be cool. Maybe something like a cross between Tellius's base where it's in camps, but where you can walk around like in My Castle. Towns would be cool too. Just some way to explore the world and get a sense that it's something besides a series of battlefields.
  • I'm not generally one for all characters should be equally viable, but some do need some help. I don't know that every character needs to be great, but dear jeez Gwendy is crap when she starts and crap when she ends, and like half the cast is irrelevant outside of ironmans. Get it down to like 1/4-1/3 of the cast is irrelevant outside ironmans.
  • Have a proper Gotoh archetype for 6. Karel comes sort of close, but Gotohs are just fun. If they want to keep it as Karel, make him really strong.
  • Expand paired endings in 6.
  • Support rework, either like PoR or RD.
  • Make the damn desert less awful.

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

For one, better bases and maybe better growths for the likes of Oujay, Wendy, Sophia, etc. Because as it is, it's hard to find any good excuse to use them over the earlier joiners. Second, rebalance the weapon types. The most accurate axes have only 65 base hit. That is not okay. At all.

Speaking of, replace class-specific promotion items with Master Seals. Because honestly, I think it'd be a massive step backwards if they did not do this.

I vehemently disagree with this - one chapter extra of promoted Roy is so little of an improvement, it might as well be tantamount to no improvement at all. Also, this honestly reeks heavily of preserving a flaw.

Aww. I responded to this like two hours ago but Serenes ate my post.

Anyway yeah, I can fully understand why one would want to move Roy's promotion time (or just make it Master Seal based like Chrom and Corrin). But I personally like it where it is as it feels very appropriate for the significant moment the game is trying to portray. My only gripe is that the moment is just as easily placed before getting Apocyalpse as afterwards, as Roy and co are still in the same place. It would also feel more triumphant getting it after Chapter 21, which, much like Ike's multi part Serenes Forest battle, Chapter 21 is one of the biggest battles in the game in terms of scale.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Why? The game isn't exactly PvP so what's it matter if someone RNG abuses their way up to a fully capped Marcus?

Well, he could use swords in 7...

• As others have said, earlier promotion for Roy.
  • Surprised more people haven't said differing objectives.
  • Part of me wants a gen 1, gen 2 type thing, but part of me does agree that's either asking for a drastic rework of the story or a ton of trouble.
  • That said, do acknowledge 7 in 6.
  • For 7, maybe fix some of the plotholes so Banzai will shut up :P
  • Definitely easier time with promotions.
  • Trial maps for 7. Or really, creature campaign for both. I'm too impatient to want to play the game 8 times to get all the characters.
  • Find a middle ground between 6's and 7's HM bonuses, or really just use 6's formula in 7. I'd be fine with that, but the former seems better for balance.
  • Generalize HM boosts like Awakening did. Nino having at least somewhat of a boost on HHM would certainly be appreciated.
  • Give assassins daggers so they're not just worse swordmasters, who already weren't good in 7.
  • For the love of God, don't force actions in LNM! I'm 100% okay with the way it does the tutorial otherwise, spreading it out over so many chapters, but if a player doesn't want to do that, then don't make them.
  • Obviously, graphical improvements.
  • Some sort of free-roaming would be cool. Maybe something like a cross between Tellius's base where it's in camps, but where you can walk around like in My Castle. Towns would be cool too. Just some way to explore the world and get a sense that it's something besides a series of battlefields.
  • I'm not generally one for all characters should be equally viable, but some do need some help. I don't know that every character needs to be great, but dear jeez Gwendy is crap when she starts and crap when she ends, and like half the cast is irrelevant outside of ironmans. Get it down to like 1/4-1/3 of the cast is irrelevant outside ironmans.
  • Have a proper Gotoh archetype for 6. Karel comes sort of close, but Gotohs are just fun. If they want to keep it as Karel, make him really strong.
  • Expand paired endings in 6.
  • Support rework, either like PoR or RD.
  • Make the damn desert less awful.

Psst. This thread is for FE6.

Edited by Jotari

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Psst. This thread is for FE6.

Wow, I really need to wake up more before posting :facepalm: Thought this was a combo one.

Also, maybe it's archaic, but I really like story promotions for lords. Heck, I'd be okay with them for other units, but I think that would annoy a lot of people. Or if you really wanted to get into something that would infuriate people, character-driven promotions. Like say Kent or Sain can only promote if Wallace dies. Or give them a special promotion in that case which only one unit at a time can have.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I couldn't resist. Got kinda bored and decided to make my own Echoes VA cast that I know will never happen but hope will be vaguely similar. I kept all of the VAs that voiced the characters in Heroes, though I gave alternatives to the more suspect choices (I'm looking at you, Zephiel). Heroes VAs are in bold while my (re)casts are italicized. Have fun.

Spoiler

Roy - Ray Chase

Marcus – Kirk Thorton

Alen – Roger Craig Smith

Lance – Todd Haberkorn

Wolt – Antony del Rio

Bors – Christian La Monte

Merlinus – J Michael Tatum

Elen – Kira Buckland

Dieck – Xander Mobus

Wade – Kaiji Tang

Lot – Troy Baker

Shanna Marisha Ray

Chad – Robbie Daymond

Lugh – Ben Diskin

Clarine – Hunter Mackenzie Austin

Rutger – Mark Whitten

Saul – Max Mittelman

Dorothy – Stephanie Sheh

Sue – Christina Valenzuela

Zelot – Robert Clotworthy

Trec – Chris Hackney

Noah – Kyle McCarley

Astolfo – Christopher Sabat

Lilina – Julie Maddalena(?)/Cassandra Lee Morris (Honestly I just don't love Maddelena as Lilina. Her performance in Heroes grew on me a bit but the squeakiness is just off-putting. I think Morris will do a fine job giving an optimistic, girly voice while not sounding irritating, though I'm aware Morris and Maddalena sound nothing alike so that might throw people)

Gwendolyn Cherami Leigh

Barthe – Patrick Seitz

Ogier – Johnny Yong Bosch

Fir – Natalie Lander

Sin – Greg Chun

Gonzalez – John DiMaggio

Geese – Keith Silverstein

Klein – Edward Bosco

Thea – Laura Bailey

Larum – Heather Watson

Echidna – Cindy Robinson

Elffin – Michael Sinterniklaas

Bartre – Kyle Hebert

Raigh Sam Riegel

Cath – Cassandra Lee Morris/Christine Marie Cabanos

Melady – Caitlin Glass

Perceval – Matthew Mercer

Cecilia – Cherami Leigh

Sophia Wendee Lee

Igrene – Erin Fitzgerald

Garret – Taliesin Jaffe

Fae Sarah Blandy

Hugh – Vic Mignogna

Zeiss – Bryce Papenbrook

Douglas – Richard Epcar

Niime Uhhhhhh no clue tbh ._. Help?

Juno – Carrie Keranen

Dayan – DC Douglas

Yoder – Robert Clotworthy

Karel – Bryce Papenbrook(?)

Zephiel – Jamieson Price(?)/DC Douglas (Honestly Price is a nice voice for Zephiel but man the acting was way off (might not have been fault tbh). Zephiel is not supposed to sound like the lovechild of Dr. Eggman and the Joker. If he drops the unhinged act, he's good, but otherwise its worth a redo.)

Murdock – Kirk Thorton

Narcian – Kaiji Tang

Brunya – Julianne Alexander

Galle –  Taliesin Jaffe

Guinevere – Eden Riegel

Jahn – Walden James

Idunn – Cassandra Lee Morris

Edited by SilvertheShadow

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Aww. I responded to this like two hours ago but Serenes ate my post.

Anyway yeah, I can fully understand why one would want to move Roy's promotion time (or just make it Master Seal based like Chrom and Corrin). But I personally like it where it is as it feels very appropriate for the significant moment the game is trying to portray. My only gripe is that the moment is just as easily placed before getting Apocyalpse as afterwards, as Roy and co are still in the same place. It would also feel more triumphant getting it after Chapter 21, which, much like Ike's multi part Serenes Forest battle, Chapter 21 is one of the biggest battles in the game in terms of scale.

The big issue with plot-based promotions for lords is that far more often than not, they tend to be too late. And what little good they do from a story perspective is far and away outstripped by the massive inconvenience they tend to be gameplay wise. And honestly, it's even more obnoxious when the main character is needed to deal with the final boss, which is more often than not the case.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

13 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Which is why I suggested implementing a model similar to what was done in Fates.  You can save scum on easier difficulties.  But if you're looking for a challenge, that sort of thing won't fly on Lunatic/Hard Mode.  And if it is a remake for current consoles, I imagine some sort of online/multiplayer element would be included anyways.

With such a huge roster I would also like to see more unit differentiation outside of bases, sprites, and growth rates.  Some suggestions would include unique max stat modifiers and a personal skill for each unit: maybe Roy having unlimited uses with his Rapier, Gonzo's hit rate of his equipped weapon doubles when remaining usage is below 50%, Rutger's equipped weapon gets a +20% crit rate on the enemy phase, Alan gets +3 damage when there is another mounted unit within 2 squares (these are just some rough ideas for some personal skills).

On 3/31/2018 at 11:09 AM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Yeah. As much as I'm nostalgic for seeing things like Hero Crests and Knight Crests, there's not really any good reason to split promotion items like this, aside from the game forcing you to diversify your army a bit more. 

Edited by Slumber

• 2 weeks later...

It would be cool if Roy physically grew up throughout the story. He could start in the first arc looking like the short and skinny Roy we have now, could have gained some additional height and sharpened features by the time Etruria has been saved and at the end of the game Roy looks like the bigger, more buffed fighter we've seen in Smash Wii U.

Roy's fifteen and that's a good age for having a character begin the story as a boy and end up a man. Niime or Marcus aren't going to grow up much anymore and the orphans probably have to wait a bit before puberty kicks in but with Roy it would be logical if he suddenly got a growth spurt. 

I'd like to see something similar to the Numbers hack we have currently. For those who don't know, this type makes it so that almost everyone is viable in some way, but they all have different roles. For example, Clarine still focuses on speed, but Cecelia is viable because she focuses on attack. Cath is no longer the worst of the thieves, because she has great growths. Noah is a very good unit, and especially so if Alan or Lance did not turn out… Lillina got buffed considerably so she's worth using despite her low level… Honestly, that was my biggest complaint about the game… The player was almost forced into using certain characters, and if they didn't turn out, the entire run could easily be screwed…

That, and make Guinevere the second Lord as originally planned… With all the story presence she has, it makes no sense that she's not… It would make more sense if she wasn't that powerful, like Nyna… But she is probably the best unit in the game, so… Also, make the Firestone glitch an actual thing, or simply give the Divinestone infinite uses… If Fae is required for the end of the game, she should not be a benchwarmer for the rest of it…

True final boss needs to be more powerful, and more hints on how to get to that mission… I would like to see the unused weapon come back, but the reason that was removed as that said final boss was literally unkillable without the Sword of the Seals, and it was easy to break it before then… So perhaps a nerfed version on easier modes, and the full version on harder ones…

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It would be cool if Roy physically grew up throughout the story. He could start in the first arc looking like the short and skinny Roy we have now, could have gained some additional height and sharpened features by the time Etruria has been saved and at the end of the game Roy looks like the bigger, more buffed fighter we've seen in Smash Wii U.

Roy's fifteen and that's a good age for having a character begin the story as a boy and end up a man. Niime or Marcus aren't going to grow up much anymore and the orphans probably have to wait a bit before puberty kicks in but with Roy it would be logical if he suddenly got a growth spurt. 

I like this idea and don't actually find it that unlikely. Roy's Smash Bros. appearance is probably the place they'll take design ques from when it comes to building a model for him in a hypothetical remake.

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It would be even cooler if Roy grew as a character. 

Thinking on the matter of Roy's promotion and promotion item competition, I think it could be really cool if characters leveled up past 20 and promotion was just for the stat boosts and extra weapon type, like in Genealogy of Holy War (only with the standard 40 level cap). This would put Roy on the same footing as everyone else when it comes to exp gain, but would stay true to the spirit of the original game in keeping his promotion away for so long. Additionally, the competition for promotion items would remain, but characters wouldn't be stuck at level 20, just waiting for you to reach the right item. It would also make early promotion much more desirable as there would be no downside to it.

On 3/31/2018 at 6:18 AM, Jotari said:

Alright, my serioues wants.

*Roy's late promotion is kind of a meme. But it actually deosn't bother me too much, because the Sword of Seals makes him feel awesome after he finally does promote. So regarding that, I'd only change it so the promotion comes at the end of Chapter 21, as opposed to Chapter 21x. It's a small difference, but the extra map of promoted Roy it would give would make a huge difference.

*I don't really want to see any massive changes to gameplay, but I could do with some Skills. Namely Armsthrift would be really useful in this game as it comes with so many Low Durability powerful Weapons. Some of the standard skills like Vantage and Sol would be welcome too.  I definitely don't want a Echoes Binding Blade to be Skill Emblem as a lot of the modern games are, so just skills on the level of Thracia 776, where most characters have one or to at base and you can occasoinally find a skill scroll (also Paragon Sophia please, and maybe some cool unique Proc Skill for Roy).

*Let Thieves promote to Rogues and give Knights the same base move as infantry (but no extra move upon promotion).

*Con growths.

*I love Branching Classess, but I think I'd like to turn down the idea for this particular game to stop othe series being oversaturated with the idea. I do like Reclassing though, so I'd ask for that. I like the way it gives more flavor to each unit by giving them an option for a class the character could conceivably be but just happen not to be (Berserkerk Lillina!).

*On that subject, make Lucius a monk by default. As light magic being regulated to Second Tier kind of nerfs it a lot.

*I'd make support grinding easier. Because I found myself barely ever getting supports in the GBA games. I think Path of Radiance with it's number of maps based support system is probably the best, as you can develop supports witout compromising your strategy for a map.

*People have said a Mia's Turnwheel and I'm inclined to agree. It would even help with getting those Gaiden levels as if you just missed the turn count, you could rewind time and try to be more efficent on those last few turns.

*Have Eckesachs be useable by the player after they defeat Zephiel. It doesn't really make much sence that that weapon is a prf when every other Legendary Weapon except the Binding Blade is useable for everyone.

*Guinevere, unlike Nyna, has decent stats for trial maps, so canonically she can fight. It'd be a really nice surprise for veteran players if she got off her ass and joined the army at some point in the game (yes, I know Nyna is playable in BS and Mystery, but her stats are so low it makes sense that she's noto a fighter).

*As far as new characters go, I think having Eliwood join in the last few chapters would be pretty cool. I know he's sick, but he kind of just vanishes from the plot altogether even though he's still alive. And canonically he was doing stuff when Roy was at the western isles. I wouldn't even care if his stats suck, it'd just be cool to have him as an option to field.

*A new character that is Lyn's son or daughter, canonizing Lyn's official pairing as nobody from the prequel. Best way of addressing Lyn without messing with ay preestablished character backgrounds.

*Give a battle convo between Roy and Zephiel. Because the main villain and main hero should really interact.

*Make Yahn the acgtual final boss, with a massive stat total to match the effective weapons you have against him. Go the full mile with a unique model that looks more impressive than the War Dragons and several skills to back it up. Idoun can still remain as a weak final challenge as that's narratively fitting for her. But if Yahn is suped up, then the player won't at least feel like they were cheated out of a final battle.

I agree with all of this except for Yahn being the true final boss. At the very least, Idoun should be buffed so that she can take multiple hits from the Sword of Seals and still be weak to it.

Anyways, my wants…

-Let character HP go above 100 (oh yeah, I went there).

-Like you suggested, make Roy promote at Chapter 21 instead of 21x, since it makes sense in the story.

-New Mystery of the Emblem and Shadows of Valentia had OCs. Why stop at an FE6 Echoes, as another user said? Maybe make that blue-haired protagonist boy Al from the FE6 manga canon. Maybe change his name to Alex or something.

-This will probably be a gameplay mechanic for games after, but I want some two extra features; a Traditional mode, with normal FE rules, and Gaiden mode, with modified Gaiden/SoV rules, neither of which tamper with the Weapon Triangle.

>Basically on Traditional, units can hold as many things as they want outside convoy. On Gaiden, units can hold four types of items; Weapon 1, Weapon 2, a Shield, and a Healing item.

-Like in Shadows of Valentia, I want there to be some Memory Prism-like mechanic.

-Have Bonus EXP once again be gained after a battle (assuming it returns), as well as have even more Bonus EXP be rewarded after meeting certain requirements (clear the map within X turns, kill X enemies, etc.).

-Give more depth to what happened to certain characters after FE7, examples being Lyn or Nino.

-Have amiibo work like they did in Fates.

That’s my two cents.

Edited by Perkilator

2 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I agree with all of this except for Yahn being the true final boss. At the very least, Idoun should be buffed so that she can take multiple hits from the Sword of Seals and still be weak to it.

The reason I don't particularly want or care if Idoun is buffed is because her being weak works for the story. She's not a legendary warrior or anything. She's basically a victim that got mind raped and turned into a breeding factory. Roy's is meant to be merciful towards her out of pity, which is something that can be much easier to do against something weaker than oneself, rather than when fighting for your life against something that can wipe out armies.

Edited by Jotari

10 hours ago, Perkilator said:

-Give more depth to what happened to certain characters after FE7, examples being Lyn or Nino.

Nino is more or less implied to be offed by headhunters so she wouldn't be necessary. Now Lyn, on the other hand...

You know what could be cool? If Vadia was a random chapter boss. Not like a particularly important chapter boss or a unit to recruit, just one of the bog standard enemies you fight with only three lines of dialogue. Then you kill her and suddenly go "Wow, she was a playable character in the prequel with supports and stuff. Every one of these chapter bosses could have lives just like that."

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 31/03/2018 at 8:36 AM, Jotari said:

Give me a Hector Hard mode. When it gets to the point in the story where Hector dies, he instead miraculously lives and replaces Roy as the main lord. The story inexplicably continues in an near identical way, only with Hector replacing Roy in almost every scene and some how coming to the same conclusions using wildly different logic. Roy would still be present, just as a more minor character. The legendary Axe of Seals is optional.

Now that's just silly! On a more serious note, would you like to see a Lilina mode to Binding Blade told from her perspective?