What would you want out of a FE6 Echoes?

Corrobin

1) Give Roy better growths (for the most part) and earlier promotion. His growths should be like:

HP: 80% (+0%)

Strength: 50% (+10%)

Skill: 55% (+5%)

Speed: 60% (+20%)

Luck: 60% (+0%)

Defense: 35% (+10%)

Resistance: 20% (-10%)

2) More paired endings

3) Make more characters from FE7 come back

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebalancing of some units (i.e. make Sophia/Wendy actually worth it if you go through the hell of training them, or that Archers and Knights aren't near-useless by default).

A better support system, that doesn't require support-grinding for hundreds of turns while doing nothing else (more paired endings as well).

They should rewrite the script, so that at least some characters are only wounded when they "die", so that some might still appear in cutscenes after their initial recruitment (only Roy, Merlinus and Guinivere became repetitive after a while).

Better in-game hints as to how to recruit some characters/obtain sidequests, so that following a guide isn't an absolute necessity.

Some cameos from FE7 characters. I could easily see Oswin die alongside Hector, Lucius sacrificing himself for the orphans, Lowen as the army's cook, Rebecca as Eliwood's retainer, Rath could be seen among the Kutolah.

Maybe a few more sidequests that would tie-in some FE7 plot points.

I wouldn't make it a 2-generation game with FE7, since only a handful of FE6 characters are the children of playable FE7 units.

A handful of new characters, whether playable or not (like they did with the existing remakes).

EDIT: And, as the post below me reminded me, either promotion or higher level cap for the thieves. And some solution to Roy's late promotion issue.

Edited by Heptade
Omission

• Manakete Roy
  • Better growths all around (especially Sophia, Wendy and Roy)
  • Divine stone has infinite uses or is repairable at the very least
  • Rebalance the weapon triangle to make weapons a little more accurate.
  • Letting Lalum and Elphin be able to use those rings from fe 7 or something similar, as well as a higher level cap
  • Adjust join times for some characters ( CATH)
  • Map redesign/rebalancing
  • Make Perceval ever stronger for the lolz
  • Thieves being able to promote, or at least raise the level cap
  • A few early game bosses need to be nerfed a bit
  • Full voice acting
  • Style/artwork/ aesthetic closer to echoes than fates
  • Add some new supports for some units as well as rewriting them for the most part
  • Promoted units get d rank in new weapons
  • More weapon variety
  • Expand upon the story and lore

...oh...this topic again...

Same answer as always.

Classic FE6 wasn't a sequel to FE7, so much as FE7 was a prequel to FE6 (i.e. the FE7 canon did not exist and could not be referenced or integrated or elaborated upon in the story of FE6)

What I would want most from a remake of FE6 is a story--now having that FE7 canon that did not exist at the time the original game was made to reference and integrate and elaborate upon--presented as a true sequel to Blazing Sword.

_____

Hell--I will actually splurge for DLC and not even complain about it, if we get some 20 years later: where are they now???  DLC side-campaigns for FE7 characters set during the events of FE6 (i.e. a mini-campaign following Lyn, set during the Bernese invasion of Sacae. A mini-campaign following Erk and Pent, set during the Etrurian civil war...)

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Hell--I will actually splurge for DLC and not even complain about it, if we get some 20 years later: where are they now???  DLC side-campaigns for FE7 characters set during the events of FE6 (i.e. a mini-campaign following Lyn, set during the Bernese invasion of Sacae. A mini-campaign following Erk and Pent, set during the Etrurian civil war...)

I like that idea.

• 1 month later...

No support capping for chapters, no restrictions for the true ending, free slot for Merlinus, no ambush spawns (make them appear at the end of the chapter instead), alternate endings for other characters (not just Roy and his girlfriends), buff Roy and thr Rapier but nerf the Binding Blade (take away its +5 def/res), and I know this one is more impossible than an american release od Thracia, do not make it a 3D game, instead make a good reworking of the sprites.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a short campaign about the three lords from Blazing Sword would do the story a lot of good. A problem I always have with the story is that if you played Blazing Sword first then things start being less impressive then they logically should be. Narshen and Brunnya defeating Hector worked fine when Hector was a nobody but after Blazing sword nothing short of Zephiel would be a satisfying end for Hector, no matter how many dragons the joke villain Narshen has with him. And Lyn simply disappearing without leaving a mark on the world or Eliwood lying on his sickbed the entire time aren't really befitting of their stature either. 

A campaign of six chapters would do the trick. Each lord would get two chapters to show what they were doing while Roy did his thing. 

Hector's chapters would be about his death. The first chapter would be him and the Blazing Sword Ostians destroying a Bern vanguard to show Hector is big enough to defeat Bern. The second chapter would be a hopeless defense mission against lots of dragons, the two dragon generals and Zephiel himself. Hector getting defeated by Zephiel personally hypes up both of them. It shows Hector is good enough to fight the main villain and it shows that Zephiel is strong enough to fight Hector. 

Lyn could be leading a nomad coalition against Bern. To show Lyn is a baddass she could beat Brunnya until dragons force her to retreat. After Sacea falls she takes the fight to Illia where she falls against Murdock. This could give Murdock his time in the sun. Defeating Lyn would hype him up and having to kill one of Zephiel's saviors could make him conflicted. 

With Eliwood they could play around with his illness. The first chapter would be a defense mission in Pherea castle with Eliwood as a complete burden to show he's not fit to fight. In the second chapter he mans up and suddenly gets amazing stats which he uses to kick Bern out of Lycia for good. 

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Lyn could be leading a nomad coalition against Bern. To show Lyn is a baddass she could beat Brunnya until dragons force her to retreat. After Sacea falls she takes the fight to Illia where she falls against Murdock. This could give Murdock his time in the sun. Defeating Lyn would hype him up and having to kill one of Zephiel's saviors could make him conflicted. 

Heeeeeell no, this would be possibly the worst thing they could ever do.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well, there must be a reason for her to be neither seen or spoken about by others, a reason aside from being busy with not yet existing. Given her absence and what we know of her Lyn's death is far more likely than her survival. Being so loyal to her friends would mean she'd be at their side in a war, loving Sacea means she would have done her best to defend it. That she does neither suggest she either died before the war or died trying to protect her friends or country.  And if she's fated to die then they should at least make it a spectacle since Lyn is such a prominent face these days. So have her harass Bern as much as she's able and have her be felled by the best they have to offer. 

42 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Forgive me for asking, but why is this "bad"? It gives closure to a plot hole, gives Lyn a badass moment AND further connects FE6 and 7 together.

Just make Lyn playable as some kind of Gotoh archetype.

(also the two dragon generals beating Hector isn't that unreasonable considering Narshen had WTA and Brunnya targets RES. Not to suggest that Zephiel killing him personally is a bad idea).

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well, there must be a reason for her to be neither seen or spoken about by others, a reason aside from being busy with not yet existing. Given her absence and what we know of her Lyn's death is far more likely than her survival. Being so loyal to her friends would mean she'd be at their side in a war, loving Sacea means she would have done her best to defend it. That she does neither suggest she either died before the war or died trying to protect her friends or country.  And if she's fated to die then they should at least make it a spectacle since Lyn is such a prominent face these days. So have her harass Bern as much as she's able and have her be felled by the best they have to offer. 

HARD disagree, I would say her survival is more likely.

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Forgive me for asking, but why is this "bad"? It gives closure to a plot hole, gives Lyn a badass moment AND further connects FE6 and 7 together.

Because it doesn't give closure at all, it's just a giant middle finger. Everyone complains that she doesn't have enough story involvement in 7. Killing her in 6 is NOT the answer, it's the exact opposite of what would actually be good.

There's already enough characters from 7's cast that are dead by or during 6, adding the character who has been in the Top 10 of every popularity poll for several years now to the 7 death toll would just be a slap in the face and a disservice.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think a short campaign about the three lords from Blazing Sword would do the story a lot of good. A problem I always have with the story is that if you played Blazing Sword first then things start being less impressive then they logically should be. Narshen and Brunnya defeating Hector worked fine when Hector was a nobody but after Blazing sword nothing short of Zephiel would be a satisfying end for Hector, no matter how many dragons the joke villain Narshen has with him. And Lyn simply disappearing without leaving a mark on the world or Eliwood lying on his sickbed the entire time aren't really befitting of their stature either. 

It taking two wyvern generals to defeat Hector hypes Hector a lot. After all, these two are among Bern's strongest. I would fix the plothole of Hector not knowing dragons exist. 

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Because it doesn't give closure at all, it's just a giant middle finger. Everyone complains that she doesn't have enough story involvement in 7. Killing her in 6 is NOT the answer, it's the exact opposite of what would actually be good.

There's already enough characters from 7's cast that are dead by or during 6, adding the character who has been in the Top 10 of every popularity poll for several years now to the 7 death toll would just be a slap in the face and a disservice.

So what's your idea of giving Lyn closure? Have her hide in FE6 like a coward? This way she survives. Just kidding but she'd be outclassed by Bern's forces. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

So what's your idea of giving Lyn closure? Have her hide in FE6 like a coward? This way she survives. Just kidding but she'd be outclassed by Bern's forces. 

No where anywhere did anything in any part of what I said was it even remotely hinted that she should hide cowardly. Don't put words in my mouth.

I do think it's a good idea to give her a little six-chapter side story, but it shouldn't be about her death. I feel like it should be something more like, having her trying to get survivors to Eliwood's castle or Pent's home, after the Bern ambush in Sacae. Have her encounter and recruit other surviving 7 characters along the way, like Fiora and Heath, with each getting an epilogue after completion. It'd give a pretty decent explanation as to what some of those characters were doing and give better closure than saying "oh by the way they're dead haha screw you."

And as I said, too much of 7's cast is already dead. Hector, Canas, Karla, Athos, most likely Hawkeye (only one guardian at a time so either retired [not likely] or dead), Oswin (highly likely died with Hector), Lucius (likely the orphanage guy), Wallace (was older than FE6 Marcus, very likely died of old age), and a bunch of others that vanished and/or weren't heard from again (Nino, Jaffar, Renault, Nils), not to mention Ninian fitting in both categories. If people want 6 and 7 to connect more, then killing the other characters from 7 would be a horrible idea.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Problem with Lyn fighting in Sacae- FE7 ending variability.

If Lyn doesn't pair, or pairs with Florina or Rath, she returns to Sacae. If she weds Eliwood or Hector, then she stays in Lycia. It wouldn't be impossible that she could be back in Sacae for a vacation when Bern attacks, but that sounds a little contrived, and why didn't she bring her child? The Sacae attack preceded the Lycian and was over so fast Sue gets imprisoned in Lycia during the invasion. What could she possibly do back in Sacae in the time it'd take her to get there? It'd be her alone vs. the Djute.

Furthermore, even if we ignored HelixLyn, shouldn't Lyn have some sort of variable context based on being unwed, friended with Florina, or wed to Rath. If they all told the exact same story, which would mean likely excluding Florina and Rath from it, it would be strange. Even if you did include Rath, writing the same dialogue for her wed to him and her not would be a disappointment.

Personally, I wouldn't want for them to go the New Mystery route, where they pretty much brought everybody who missed out the second adventure back (save the ones who had stated reasons to not be playable again). The time gap was generous for Marth's game,were it was only like around one year (end of Shadow Dragon to the beginning of Mystery of the Emblem) to make it plausible. Here on Elibe, it'd be 20 years, where lots of things could happen.

Like, okay, it'd be fine if they did brought up what a few of them did or are now doing to bridge the prequel to its origin game, but personally I feel that it's fine if for others... don't. Don't even mind if it happens to the ones I care most about. I know life ain't fair. Heck, Blazing Blade itself didn't do that for everybody in the Biding Blade cast (to me the highest highlight of that would be Orrun) who would've been around 20 years prior. Only a few appeared or got mentioned, most remained with no clue about them; and I'm fine with that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

No where anywhere did anything in any part of what I said was it even remotely hinted that she should hide cowardly. Don't put words in my mouth.

I do think it's a good idea to give her a little six-chapter side story, but it shouldn't be about her death. I feel like it should be something more like, having her trying to get survivors to Eliwood's castle or Pent's home, after the Bern ambush in Sacae. Have her encounter and recruit other surviving 7 characters along the way, like Fiora and Heath, with each getting an epilogue after completion. It'd give a pretty decent explanation as to what some of those characters were doing and give better closure than saying "oh by the way they're dead haha screw you."

And as I said, too much of 7's cast is already dead. Hector, Canas, Karla, Athos, most likely Hawkeye (only one guardian at a time so either retired [not likely] or dead), Oswin (highly likely died with Hector), Lucius (likely the orphanage guy), Wallace (was older than FE6 Marcus, very likely died of old age), and a bunch of others that vanished and/or weren't heard from again (Nino, Jaffar, Renault, Nils), not to mention Ninian fitting in both categories. If people want 6 and 7 to connect more, then killing the other characters from 7 would be a horrible idea.

I was joking no need to get so defensive. 

Pretty good idea. I just hope that the plot doesn't change drastically as people had issues with Kris changing the writing in FE12 compared to FE3 and giving Lyn and co. a big role could do the same. The reason why Lyn dying was suggested was so that the main players are the ones who are already in FE6 and could give the villains more feats because the villains in FE6 don't really have much going for them in terms of being threatening. 

I want some bonus chapters where you play as Lyn and Hector after completing the game where they do their own stuff. 

• Remove the support limit and make some of them faster to unlock
  • Have more characters be involved in the story and get dialogue outside of just supports
  • More tie-ins to FE7, it doesn't have to be anything major, just cameos or hints at what FE7 characters are up to
  • Balance the characters and weapons so everyone is at least viable
  • Balance hard mode, since it's ridiculously hard at the beginning and gets easier
  • Give the divine weapons more uses
  • Have Roy promote earlier, maybe after chapter 16 (but still only get the sword of seals after 21x)
  • Make a few things less cryptic, like how the route splits work and unlocking some of the gaiden chapters
  • Remove ambush spawns

It could use a number of improvements, but I'll break it down like this.

Story

• Use more characters to tell the story. The scenes in between chapters are usually only between Roy and Merlinus, which consists of Merlinus giving Roy advice before we step onto the map to get the map scene if there is one. Sometimes Guinevere will pop in with meaningless dialogue, usually something she drags on for a couple of chapters before she finally says it. I know they planned the game to work with these central 3 because they don't die, but I do think they should try integrate more characters into the story. It would give a lot of the cast more agency to fight the war. Playable characters that should be more integrated in the story include (but not limited to): Lilina, Duessel, Larum, Elphin (although Elphin does get screen time towards the end), Perceval, Cecilia, Fae (she gets a couple of scenes, but not a lot), Lance, Alan, Wolt, Zealot, Sue, etc.
  • The scene that plays right when you start a map is generally villain only. Not always, but sometimes I wish it had some of your ally characters speak up if they should know something is up about a map in particular. I always found it strange Larum never alarmed Roy or Merlinus that General Duessel is her father and she'll try to do something to stop him on the map you recruit him. Sure she speaks to him during the battle, but nothing at the start IIRC, even though your army knows they're going to fight Duessel. This may be giving away too much about who's recruitable, but I think from a storytelling perspective it can work. At the very least, they can pre-battle dialogue like New Mystery.
  • Speaking of villains, Jahn can use more set up, IMO. He comes out of nowhere with all this lore. It would be nice to see him get screentime before Chapter 24 OR have some sort of text that talks about him and the Scouring. 
  • Paired endings- something that I always like about the other 2 GBA games were the paired endings. They don't need to be fancy, but just akin to the endings in those games.

Gameplay

• Supports are my biggest issue. I dislike the support limit and it takes wayyyyy too long for some characters to gain a support. I'd rather there be no support limit to who the characters can obtain a support conversation with and for the process to be shorter. I'd rather have the support system to be like what the 3DS games have; SoV's support system would probably translate the best, but I do prefer for supports to happen in camp, not on the battlefield.
  • Maybe switch up some of the mission objectives so that they're not all seize? For variety's sake.

well that's all I can think of for now. I'll update later...maybe.

• 1 month later...

If they make a fire emblem 6 echos, i would kinda like to see fe 7 out in there was like a pre story ( this is optional maybe dlc?). Some way to know about who the mothers of roy, Lilina , sue are. I also would like to see buffed growth rates like they did for shadows of valentia, binding blade seems to gave lot of characters like armored knights that don't turn out to well , expect Bors. Also on the subject of knights a movement buff if they would keep the maps the same size. other then that i'm fine with whatever they do. I'd love them to bring back the magic triangle they tossed in the garbage in awaking 

On 11/24/2018 at 9:56 AM, kooger888 said:

I'd love them to bring back the magic triangle they tossed in the garbage in awaking 

Technically, Shadow Dragon got rid of it (though with it not existing in the first place back then... yeah). Also, I can't really fault IS for dumping it - it didn't really do anything far more often than not, thanks to mages in general tending to have similar stat distributions, in addition to being rare to boot. This means that not only are the bonuses rare, they don't even do very much.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Perhaps it might be just too powerful, but have unpromoted infantry healers start out with light magic in addition to staves. Otherwise the magic triangle might as well as not exist

Do something about the unpromoted mages/shamans in the game. Increase their growths or bases. Anything to salvage them.

Condense maps or something. It's boring to play them. If I can't get that then reclassing to give everyone a mount so I don't have to bother with slogfests

Edited by silveraura25

On 11/25/2018 at 11:42 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Technically, Shadow Dragon got rid of it (though with it not existing in the first place back then... yeah). 

Huh didn't know that , i just assumed they got rid of it to make awaking easier.  with the mages though unless my stats growths affected, it seemd dark mages were powerful and tank like, light maages fast weaker and crit alot, and amina ones in between.