Fire Emblem 4 Randomizer

jespoke

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, very cool program, loving it so far.

I found a bug:  Alec got randomized into a Bard and started with a Thunder tome. When he got attacked the tome's durability changed to 1 (attacking with that resulted in an empty book, as expected).

Attaching a screenshot and the Full changelog.

Alec_Thunder_Tome.png

FULL changelog.txt

hey @jespoke been having a lot of fun with this, but ran into a problem in chapter 5. when Cuan gets attacked in the desert, the game just freezes during the animation. I tried using another emulator and ran into the same issue. I'd also had this issue a few times with Beowulf earlier in the chapter, but was able to change my moves so that the action that was causing the problem would no longer happen. But I can't do that with NPC Cuan obviously. Here's a screenshot as well as the full changelog. I think the problem might be that Cuan can't use his weapon, the Gae Bolg?

randomizer freeze.PNG

FULL changelog.txt

Edited by BBM

15 hours ago, Poconococo said:

This may sound stupid, but can anyone tell me how to use the randomizer. Whenever I put the filepath to the rom into the randomizer, it just closes the entire thing. Someone please help me!!

Here what i did : I made a new folder, i put the randomizer, the names.text and the FE4 rom in it, i also believe you should rename the rom into "FE4"

After that the randomizer worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 6:36 AM, Rose482 said:

Here what i did : I made a new folder, i put the randomizer, the names.text and the FE4 rom in it, i also believe you should rename the rom into "FE4"

After that the randomizer worked for me.

Explain in simpler terms

47 minutes ago, Meganium121801 said:

Explain in simpler terms

I thought i already explained it in simple terms, but sure XD

here what i did :

1- made a new folder 

2-put the randomizer, names.text and the FE4 rom in it.

3- rename the rom into "FE4"

4- after that open the randomizer, and it should work.

On 3/26/2018 at 11:03 AM, Naj101 said:

Hi, very cool program, loving it so far.

I found a bug:  Alec got randomized into a Bard and started with a Thunder tome. When he got attacked the tome's durability changed to 1 (attacking with that resulted in an empty book, as expected).

Attaching a screenshot and the Full changelog.

Alec_Thunder_Tome.png

FULL changelog.txt

I'm having a similar case with my alec, except along with this one my alec was a wind mage and his wind tome vanished into the void in chapter 1.

don't remember when it happened exactly, he had him tome at the start.

I noticed it when I was trying to recruit ayra. So probably between turn 10-15.

Rando000.png.942a26d9701e14ba9955c42f782fb169.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey so Sigurd had major Dain blood, but when I look at Seliph he doesn't have it. I mean it doesn't matter since he's a thunder mage, but Is it there and I can't see it or...?

Does he not have holy blood at all? The part in charge of giving Seliph holy blood is some of the most jank code I've ever written, but I can't justify going to fix this randomizer right in the middle of exam season...

1 hour ago, jespoke said:

Does he not have holy blood at all? The part in charge of giving Seliph holy blood is some of the most jank code I've ever written, but I can't justify going to fix this randomizer right in the middle of exam season...

Nope. He's a baby boy with no special holy blood. 

5 hours ago, jespoke said:

I'd love to know how you do it?

Why you write new code?

I think just ignore the old code, make Celice normal like everyone else is enough.

7 hours ago, NyantaStrife said:

Awesome... But I have a problem. I'm new to the randomizers so I have no idea how to make it run... Need some help please

Just click on the randomizer and type in the name of the fe4 rom. You should then be good to go.

12 hours ago, escotanner said:

Just click on the randomizer and type in the name of the fe4 rom. You should then be good to go.

Already did and it works but the problem starts when the game reaches the prologue. The screen goes black with the song but it just gets stuck at that point

On 6/9/2018 at 2:19 AM, hanhnn said:

I'd love to know how you do it?

Why you write new code?

I think just ignore the old code, make Celice normal like everyone else is enough.

The idea was to let him inherit the holy blood that he can do, and give him random ones in place of the ones he can't. But when i fixed a big bug, i may have made a smaller one that overwrites Seliph's holy blood again. 

10 hours ago, NyantaStrife said:

Already did and it works but the problem starts when the game reaches the prologue. The screen goes black with the song but it just gets stuck at that point

Are you sure your rom was a clean/project naga one? Not loading the prologue is pretty severe.

Alright, so forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but I'm kinda worried about something and I hope you can address it.

I've been having a blast with this randomizer, but I'm only on chapter two so far. Now, in the normal game, whenever Deirdre "dies" she gets captured instead and you get her back when seizing the next castle, as I'm sure you know. My Deirdre is a myrmidon with major Hezul blood, so she's actually really good, but when I sent her into the fray and she was killed I thought nothing of it, because I'd just get her back when I seized Mackily, right?

Five turns later, I seize the castle and Deirdre is not re-recruited. I didn't even realize until a few turns later, when I started moving up on Agusty. I have autosave on, so I can't go back before she died, and I don't have any save states prior to her death, either.

Is Deirdre dead forever, or am I going to get her back later? I don't really know what to do. If shes not in my army in chapter three, I think the scenes involving her could bug out and ruin my save. At least, I hope not.

Edited by Smasher4321

1 hour ago, Smasher4321 said:

Alright, so forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but I'm kinda worried about something and I hope you can address it.

I've been having a blast with this randomizer, but I'm only on chapter two so far. Now, in the normal game, whenever Deirdre "dies" she gets captured instead and you get her back when seizing the next castle, as I'm sure you know. My Deirdre is a myrmidon with major Hezul blood, so she's actually really good, but when I sent her into the fray and she was killed I thought nothing of it, because I'd just get her back when I seized Mackily, right?

Five turns later, I seize the castle and Deirdre is not re-recruited. I didn't even realize until a few turns later, when I started moving up on Agusty. I have autosave on, so I can't go back before she died, and I don't have any save states prior to her death, either.

Is Deirdre dead forever, or am I going to get her back later? I don't really know what to do. If shes not in my army in chapter three, I think the scenes involving her could bug out and ruin my save. At least, I hope not.

In the original game, she only comes back after you finish a chapter or start a new chapter, which means Agusty seized if you're in chapter 2.

But since you're playing a randomizer version, she may loses the phoenix skill so she may not come back.

Anyway, you need to finish the chapter before you know which case it is

4 hours ago, hanhnn said:

In the original game, she only comes back after you finish a chapter or start a new chapter, which means Agusty seized if you're in chapter 2.

But since you're playing a randomizer version, she may loses the phoenix skill so she may not come back.

Anyway, you need to finish the chapter before you know which case it is

Yeah, I'm on chapter three now, decided to keep playing. No Deirdre. It seems that the event where Deirdre comes back was removed with her class change. I haven't seized Madino yet, but if it crashes my game or destroys everything, I'll let you know.

Hopefully that doesn't happen, but it might be possible. 

Same thing happened to me. It breaks nothing, but Seliph won't get any inheritance from her, so he'll only have Sigurd's skills, bloods and growths.