All the villagers have realistic hair colors

Dragoncat

Did anyone else notice this? Any reason why we never see a villager with blue, purple, or green hair? And I'm talking either generic civilians or people in the actual villager class, characters of other classes who are recruited in villages or are said to live in them don't count.

Do the farmers only mingle with each other and not allow their own to breed with outsiders, resulting in the whole village being blonds or brunettes or natural colors you'll find irl?

Discuss.

18 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Donnel has purple hair.

It looks black to me.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Kliff has light pinkish hair.

Strawberry blond?

Or I just made a topic early in the morning without thinking...

Donny has purple hair. Just look at the color he gives his kid if he's married. Also, you get a good view of his hair in his confession scene since he takes his pot helmet off. It's clearly purple. xP

Kliff has white hair too.

It is kinda odd that we don't see many villagers with unnatural hair colors like we do our playable characters though...

It's possible that the genetics for "anime" colored hair is more widespread among the nobility and other higher classes, who are unlikely to mingle with the "common folk." Therefore, there is a disproportionate amount of "normal" colored hair among the villagers.

Kliff's hair is very light pink-- in general I feel like they were going for albinism with him and then slightly changed it up at the last minute. But that's just a hunch I have.

1 hour ago, Rex Glacies said:

It's possible that the genetics for "anime" colored hair is more widespread among the nobility and other higher classes, who are unlikely to mingle with the "common folk." Therefore, there is a disproportionate amount of "normal" colored hair among the villagers.

Probably this.

Seriously though...Donny's hair looked black or dark brown to me! Kliff? Yeah you got me. 

I have this random headcanon...you know how calico cats are rarely male and if they are, they're sterile? Well I say same thing with pink hair in FE lol. Because there are tons of pink haired females and then there's Makalov and maybe Kliff. Poor boys. I'm apt to call Kliff strawberry blond if it's true that a kid is mentioned in his character ending for that reason. Unless he adopted. And then Makalov...well, I don't think the world needs a child fathered by him xD

32 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Seriously though...Donny's hair looked black or dark brown to me!

But...how? It's not anywhere close to those colors.

tumblr_static_7j9s4sh048g88wgw0wc4488wk.

See, purple. Maybe grayish purple, but purple. And the color he gives his kid is definitely purple.

As mentioned, Kliff's is off-white, Donnel's is purple. Atlas also has gray hair, and he's 20, which I'd argue is far from natural/realistic.

Edited by Slumber

1: They don't (as other people in this thread have already pointed out).

2: I doubt IS put much thought into this.

I still think the "purple" in Donny is more of the lighting? But meh. There are exceptions, let's just say that. The vast majority of villagers have realistic hair colors.

Yeah, characters that are just generic NPCs are given real-life natural hair colors in order to make them not really stand out like the more impactful characters. It's not a "villager" thing, especially with the Valentian example of Kliff and Ylissean example of Donnel.

Lore wise though? I mean if it was real life there would be no distinction between "main character", "side character" and "most generic of the generic". I like the theory about the genes for more vibrant colors being more common in middle/higher class.