If there was a Fire Emblem fighting game

Gregster101

Instead of having the lords and villains be the characters of the game, why not instead have classes? As in, you could choose whether you want to play as a mercenary, a myrmidon, a fighter, a knight, etc. and then you could choose which character of that class you want to play as. Each character in said class would have the same basic purpose (as in, myrmidons focus on speed and combos, while knights attack slow, but have the most health and are pretty resistant to status debuffs. Fighters focus on dealing damage, etc.) and perhaps even movesets, but they would have minor differences in stats, and major differences in what combos they could pull off, and what their special attacks/abilities would be.

Also, while I don't think they'll have the weapon triangle, they could still have each weapon serve a unique function. For instance, lances would be very beginner friendly, as they have a long range are fairly simple to use, but on the flip-side that don't have as many complex and versatile functions as other weapons, and their effectiveness drops when an enemy is right next to them. Axes do the most damage, and can have some unique and creative methods of attack, but they have terrible defense and they don't have the longest range. Swords would be the most versatile weapons in the game, making them both very useful but also very difficult to learn. They would be a jack-of-all-stats, master-of-none kind of weapon.

It would be very interesting to see a mixture of something like Soul Caliber with Super Smash Bros.

22 minutes ago, Reality said:

I would ignore whether I liked their personalities in their own games, and just main whoever the command grab character ended up being.

If it was major characters/lords... 

Probably Hector. 

I dig your roster but I would make two changes: swap Alm for Celica and Validar for Aversa. This is for more variety in fighters and also to balance the male to female ratio a bit more. And because I despise Validar and he should never be acknowledged

A game with a roster like this would never happen though, as good as it would be. 

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I dig your roster but I would make two changes: swap Alm for Celica and Validar for Aversa. This is for more variety in fighters and also to balance the male to female ratio a bit more. And because I despise Validar and he should never be acknowledged

A game with a roster like this would never happen though, as good as it would be. 

Off screen, I decided to add two extra characters for each game so we could have a bit more of a balance for the Male to Female ratio, I'm just not sure as to whether or not to upload it that's all

I've thought about this myself, actually. Playstyle wise.

The anima mage (Nino? Soren?) can be a straight-forward long-range zoner with projectile normals similar to Nu or Lambda from Blazblue. Another mage, like Arvis, Lyon or a mounted mage (Cecilia, Leo, maybe Camilla) can be more set-up based, like Dizzy from Guilty Gear.

The *REAL*  genius idea would be Kiran/the Summoner from Heroes, with a "random projectile" move like Faust or Platinum the Trinity, with cameos from minor units! Just shoot Bartres and Raighs and the occasional 5-star Winter Chrom at people.