Weapon Refinery Update for February 7th

Callisto

17 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Why doesn't Robin have his Levin Sword?!

Also, hold on a second... so basically we can expect units to actually get brand new weapons just right out of the bat? Like the staff units get a new staff weapon? 

How many units do you think would get that kind of weapon upgrade?

I'd wager Levin Sword will come with like some kind of Brave Robin or Gangrel, or both.

As far as units getting brand new weapons, it's very likely we'll see more of this in the future. Consider that many new units have been getting powerful exclusive weapons from the start, so this is a way for older units to be on similar footing. Also, in this update, 4 units get unique weapons, one physical weapon of each color, and all from launch. I suspect that the following update will give us 3 tome users of each color and a staff user with similar upgrades. A few notable characters with weapons commonly associated with that character:

• Lilina: Forblaze - a lot of people, myself included, are suspecting this, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got this next.
  • Shanna: Maltet - probably wishful thinking here, but it is the weapon of her homeland, of which she's the only Binding Blade character currently from
  • Cherche: Helswath - for some reason, in much of her art, including for Awakening and Heroes, Cherche carries this axe
  • Odin: Missletainn - I figure Odin's use of Blarblade references his fascination with swords; perhaps they would alter Missletainn to be a tome like they did for Caeda's Wing Sword?
  • Robin: Grima's Truth - A bit iffy here since 1) it's Validar's tome and 2) there are two Robins with different colors and dark magic applies to neither, but I wouldn't put it past them to give them something since both are main characters.

I can't think of anything else of the top of my head, perhaps some of you better versed in more of the games would have ideas. I suspect they didn't have upgrades for Eirika, Leo, and Roy yet because of the large amount of reds getting upgrades in this upcoming update.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Daggers already do that to begin with. I don't see how that's a bad thing unless Felicia was supposed to a mage killer?

Allow me to clarify: Targeting Res in the damage calculation, instead of Def like other daggers. Felicia's a great mage killer since most mages have terrible Def, and it's easy to bring her res up so high that she can kill most non-Raven tomes in a single round while taking little damage, if any.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'd wager Levin Sword will come with like some kind of Brave Robin or Gangrel, or both.

As far as units getting brand new weapons, it's very likely we'll see more of this in the future. Consider that many new units have been getting powerful exclusive weapons from the start, so this is a way for older units to be on similar footing. Also, in this update, 4 units get unique weapons, one physical weapon of each color, and all from launch. I suspect that the following update will give us 3 tome users of each color and a staff user with similar upgrades. A few notable characters with weapons commonly associated with that character:

• Lilina: Forblaze - a lot of people, myself included, are suspecting this, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got this next.
  • Shanna: Maltet - probably wishful thinking here, but it is the weapon of her homeland, of which she's the only Binding Blade character currently from
  • Cherche: Helswath - for some reason, in much of her art, including for Awakening and Heroes, Cherche carries this axe
  • Odin: Missletainn - I figure Odin's use of Blarblade references his fascination with swords; perhaps they would alter Missletainn to be a tome like they did for Caeda's Wing Sword?
  • Robin: Grima's Truth - A bit iffy here since 1) it's Validar's tome and 2) there are two Robins with different colors and dark magic applies to neither, but I wouldn't put it past them to give them something since both are main characters.

I can't think of anything else of the top of my head, perhaps some of you better versed in more of the games would have ideas. I suspect they didn't have upgrades for Eirika, Leo, and Roy yet because of the large amount of reds getting upgrades in this upcoming update.

Allow me to clarify: Targeting Res in the damage calculation, instead of Def like other daggers. Felicia's a great mage killer since most mages have terrible Def, and it's easy to bring her res up so high that she can kill most non-Raven tomes in a single round while taking little damage, if any.

Robin with Grima's Truth... INTERESTING... 

But Robin will still be too weak to be strong, though. Unless this new weapon gives him a big boost to all his stats.

Binding Blade and Yato upgrades where? :P:

Just kidding~!  Most curious about Raven's upgrade.  He's pretty speedy, but his default weapon weighs him down.  I hope Basilikos eases up/removes that penalty entirely!

This future update makes me really happy. Not only they are giving new weapons for characters who are not necessarily lords and buffing others, but that reveals many other units and weapons will get buffed as well. This will give a reason to acquire more characters, and not just the ones with highest stats and unique weapons. Patience for some favs out of the list, but their day will come 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But Robin will still be too weak to be strong, though. Unless this new weapon gives him a big boost to all his stats.

Well, they've done a pretty good job at making most new weapons have unique qualities, so I'm hopeful that anything they add will offer interesting possibilities for the characters. I hope that most characters that are often seen as outclassed by others due to stats, weapons, etc will get their chance eventually. They may have to get creative with it for some of the less established characters who aren't really associated with a weapon, though.

Just now, Johann said:

Well, they've done a pretty good job at making most new weapons have unique qualities, so I'm hopeful that anything they add will offer interesting possibilities for the characters. I hope that most characters that are often seen as outclassed by others due to stats, weapons, etc will get their chance eventually. They may have to get creative with it for some of the less established characters who aren't really associated with a weapon, though.

Maybe something like halving all forms of damage like Grima does. Or better, make it like Loptyr's and it halves the enemy's attack before damage calculation is applied.

19 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Daggers already do that to begin with. I don't see how that's a bad thing unless Felicia was supposed to a mage killer?

No, daggers are strictly physical. They do not alternate between hitting defense or resistance. And yes, Felicia's niche is to kill mages. If you weren't doing that you're using Felicia wrong.

Also I think Lilina getting Forblaze, Berkut getting Kriemhild (Berkut's Lance is a joke), (young) Tiki getting her own dragonstone etc would be welcome choices to get legendary weapons. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what Zephiel gets, I gave him DC a long time ago but I'd be happy with him getting an updated threaten def and DC. The rest I'm not too bothered about, but I'm sure a Camilla's Axe would be a future update which would be cool.

Just now, Zelgius said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what Zephiel gets, I gave him DC a long time ago but I'd be happy with him getting an updated threaten def and DC. The rest I'm not too bothered about, but I'm sure a Camilla's Axe would be a future update which would be cool.

I think DC is a bit too high an expectation since they seem to be reluctant to enhance DC weapons in anyway (except Lightning Breath). Not to mention, it would just make him another variation on Black Knight but without a unique special. I'd sooner expect something that provides unique stat boosts or defenses, alongside what Jeorge and Sanaki got.

Man, I'm still waiting for an upgrade to the Binding Blade. It needs Distant Counter, it should have had it from the beginning...

Anyway, out of these upgrades, I'm most interested in Marth, Raven, and Caeda. Marth is one of my best units and something to make him even better is always welcome.

Nice to see they are upgrading more weapons, and giving Base Game units good weapons!

Very excited about Raven's weapon. I have a 4*+7, so I when I get a new Raven, I will promote him then merge down into my 4*. 

Falchion upgrades are going to be nice! I used Masked Marth quite often as a passive healer for TT, so giving her a buff will be nice!

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Odin: Missletainn - I figure Odin's use of Blarblade references his fascination with swords; perhaps they would alter Missletainn to be a tome like they did for Caeda's Wing Sword?

I'm guessing at some point they'll add his Awakening form as Owain, with access to actual swords, and give him Missiletainn there. Owain is still one of the highest-voted characters, after all.

6 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Good to se my man Raven getting Basilikos.  Who cares that he cannot use S axes in his native game?  

In the future, I'd like to see Miledy come with Rex Hasta.

I think you could get him to S rank in axes as long as you don't S rank in Swords first.

58 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

No, daggers are strictly physical. They do not alternate between hitting defense or resistance. And yes, Felicia's niche is to kill mages. If you weren't doing that you're using Felicia wrong.

Also I think Lilina getting Forblaze, Berkut getting Kriemhild (Berkut's Lance is a joke), (young) Tiki getting her own dragonstone etc would be welcome choices to get legendary weapons. 

Berkuts Lance is one of the best Enemy phase lances when refined wtf you talking oO, Some lance units can hit like 56RES with the lance which lets them take like 0 magical dmg from any source at all (Dragons, all tome users etc) and this is pre buff/spurs etc

Maybe its a joke for Berkut itself but definitly not for other units.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Great! I’m really excited for Felicia’s and Raven’s in particular although I’m not sure why Raven is getting one. He’s a pretty great unit as is but I’m not complaining.

Raven is underrated, He have best offensive spread as infantry axe user barring Legion (lack boon/bane).

Personally, I never pull any good IV on him but we shall see his true potential after the update. 

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Berkuts Lance is one of the best Enemy phase lances when refined wtf you talking oO, Some lance units can hit like 56RES with the lance which lets them take like 0 magical dmg from any source at all (Dragons, all tome users etc) and this is pre buff/spurs etc

Maybe its a joke for Berkut itself but definitly not for other units.

That's I meant. A refined Berkut's Lance is exceptional on someone like Effie or some other tank, but it's terrible on Berkut. I think it wouldn't hurt to give Berkut something to help his case like Kriemhild. 

Come to think of it, I'd like some pre-version 2.0 GHB characters like Narcian and Ursula to get their own special weapons. Narcian in particular is extremely mediocre and could surely use a boost.

7 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Come to think of it, I'd like some pre-version 2.0 GHB characters like Narcian and Ursula to get their own special weapons. Narcian in particular is extremely mediocre and could surely use a boost.

Ruinaxe yes I know this isn't a thing that exists yet but neither was the Wing Sword so work with me hype? Oliver getting Nosferatu or some variant of it down the line would be cool to see too.

3 hours ago, Refa said:

I'm hoping that Alm's upgrade is inspired by Double Lion...so a 16 might Brave weapon w/a Killer weapon effect.  Definitely fair and balanced.

Double Lion was only on the Royal Sword, not Falchion.

Falchion had Scendscale though...

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Double Lion was only on the Royal Sword, not Falchion.

Falchion had Scendscale though...

Scendscale doesn't translate well into a weapon effect, whereas Double Lion does.

15 minutes ago, Refa said:

Scendscale doesn't translate well into a weapon effect, whereas Double Lion does.

At the cost of a large amount of HP, deal a large amount of damage to the enemy, also has increased range.

I could come up with something similar in an instant. "If unit is at 100% HP at the start of battle, increases damage by +5 and enables counterattacks regardless of distance from enemy or enemy skills (disables Firesweep, Sacaes Blessing, etc). User takes 6 damage after combat"