Weapon Refinery Update for February 7th

Callisto

Raven with Basilikos caught me off guard. Rebecca could get Rienfleche in the future if this keeps up. Oswin, Sain or FE7 Marcus could come with Rex Hasta if they get to appear in a future banner. 

As for other weapons like Forblaze, Apocalypse and Aureola...either they could come in GHBs or be part of a new banner with Athos, Bramimond and St. Elimine if she finally stops playing Mario Kart. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

No, daggers are strictly physical. They do not alternate between hitting defense or resistance. And yes, Felicia's niche is to kill mages. If you weren't doing that you're using Felicia wrong.

Also I think Lilina getting Forblaze, Berkut getting Kriemhild (Berkut's Lance is a joke), (young) Tiki getting her own dragonstone etc would be welcome choices to get legendary weapons. 

I don't use Felicia or any dagger units to begin with.

Berkut should've had his Kriemhild to begin with. It's absurd that it took this long to give him his weapon.

1 hour ago, Lord_Grima said:

Nice to see they are upgrading more weapons, and giving Base Game units good weapons!

Very excited about Raven's weapon. I have a 4*+7, so I when I get a new Raven, I will promote him then merge down into my 4*. 

Falchion upgrades are going to be nice! I used Masked Marth quite often as a passive healer for TT, so giving her a buff will be nice!

Marth is a guy, what chu talking about?

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Man, I'm still waiting for an upgrade to the Binding Blade. It needs Distant Counter, it should have had it from the beginning...

How viable would Roy be with DC exactly? Something he should had since the dawn of time sure, but it would help or would be as good as Fjorm at the very least?

44 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Problem. Only Ophelia could use the tome Misletain in Fates. So Odin can’t come with it.

I mean Ceada using an original weapon "Wing Sword" instead of her signature weapon. Wing Spear, So should that really preven Odin using Missiletainn?

11 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I mean Ceada using an original weapon "Wing Sword" instead of her signature weapon. Wing Spear, So should that really preven Odin using Missiletainn?

That is bad example. The tome version Missiletainn was an exclusive weapon for Ophelia in fates. The wing sword is just a sword version of Caeda’s wing spear

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

And what about horse Eirika? Clearly, they're willing to bend the rules.

So? Eirika could wield dark magic through a glitch in FE8. She has a mounted promotion. And Glepnir isn’t an exclusive weapon. Just an S ranked one. 

Just now, Poimagic said:

So? Eirika could wield dark magic through a glitch in FE8. She has a mounted promotion. And Glepnir isn’t an exclusive weapon. Just an S ranked one. 

The fact remains, it's not something she's supposed to have.

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

That is bad example. The tome version Missiletainn was an exclusive weapon for Ophelia in fates. The wing sword is just a sword version of Caeda’s wing spear

Not really seeing why Odin shouldn't be allow to use it though. I doubt that's going help him in the long run but Odin's fan probably would appreciate the buff regardless.

58 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

How viable would Roy be with DC exactly? Something he should had since the dawn of time sure, but it would help or would be as good as Fjorm at the very least?

Dunno, don't really care honestly, I just want the BB to get the buff it should have had ages ago. Maybe something else would be added as well, who knows? But it would be nice if Roy actually got something.

58 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I’m looking forward to the Uber Spear not wielded by Vaida if the weapon makes it to Heroes.

Edited by Lord-Zero

Just now, Callisto said:

I wonder if we will ever get that Sieglinde upgrade. The new Eirika alt makes me feel like we might not ever see it :'(

They will when Knoll gets released with the Sieglinde as his personal weapon.

5 minutes ago, Callisto said:

I wonder if we will ever get that Sieglinde upgrade. The new Eirika alt makes me feel like we might not ever see it :'(

Give it some time. They’ve been giving weapon upgrades little by little. Baby steps. It took this long for Eckesachs and the Falchions to get an upgrade. They’ll get to Sieglinde in due time. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Early legendary weapons that seem to have been made to "old" design standards and don't have an (announced or released) upgrade of some sort yet:

• Armads
  • Binding Blade
  • Fensalir
  • Folkvangr
  • Noatun
  • Regal Blade
  • Sieglinde
  • Yato

That's 8, which is getting to be a pretty short list. 3 are Askr weapons, which could be handled differently somehow and will probably take longer. Armads is obviously the least in need of it, although it'd be a bit weird if it's the only weapon designed in that pattern not to get an upgrade. But that does indicate that if they keep adding at least two refinements each month until they finish with this group, it shouldn't take that long to get to the long-awaited upgrades for Roy/Eirika/Corrin. (And Lloyd, but I don't think he's as big of a concern.)

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

Early legendary weapons that seem to have been made to "old" design standards and don't have an (announced or released) upgrade of some sort yet:

• Armads
  • Binding Blade
  • Fensalir
  • Folkvangr
  • Noatun
  • Regal Blade
  • Sieglinde
  • Yato

I hope they get upgrade options soon. The Askr trio will probably get theirs somewhere in Book 2 which leaves the other 5. It's interesting to see what they'll do with those swords to make the sword infantry stand out among the crowd. I have a +Atk and+Spd/-Res M!Corrin awaiting his ideal weapon.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

(And Lloyd, but I don't think he's as big of a concern.)

Can we get an art update? I'll take that over the weapon.

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

• Armads
  • Binding Blade
  • Fensalir
  • Folkvangr
  • Noatun
  • Regal Blade
  • Sieglinde
  • Yato

That's 8, which is getting to be a pretty short list. 3 are Askr weapons, which could be handled differently somehow and will probably take longer. Armads is obviously the least in need of it, although it'd be a bit weird if it's the only weapon designed in that pattern not to get an upgrade. But that does indicate that if they keep adding at least two refinements each month until they finish with this group, it shouldn't take that long to get to the long-awaited upgrades for Roy/Eirika/Corrin. (And Lloyd, but I don't think he's as big of a concern.)

I'm of the opinion that Armads doesn't really need an upgrade because Hector is still super useful, but I totally agree that it would be weird if he was the only one without one. Regardless, I hope he's the last one to get one.

Edited by Callisto

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Not really seeing why Odin shouldn't be allow to use it though. I doubt that's going help him in the long run but Odin's fan probably would appreciate the buff regardless.

There's actually a weapon in fates called Odin's grimoire which has a high crit rate, which could translate to a special cooldown acceleration. The Missiletain tome will likely be picked to Ophelia whenever they decide to introduce her.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Yato upgrades where? :P:

Corrin has quite some potential with Yato refinements. A Blazing offense, a Shadow defense, and a balanced or different Omega upgrade. Could be quite versatile.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I think you could get him to S rank in axes as long as you don't S rank in Swords first.

Which is pretty easy and I've done it before, just quit using Swords on promotion. Since you can't gain a full rank up on promotion for a preexisting weapon type, only some WEXP, and if you hit A unpromoted, you won't accrue WEXP towards the S.

Throw Raven some Iron and Hand Axes for normal combat, which are no issue for him since he'll still be dodgy even against enemy axe users as well as accurate. Hands also give him highly useful 1-2 range Swords cannot. Burn a few of those 20 Devil Axe uses when it is safe to do so for 8 WEXP a pop, 16 on a fatal hit. A Steel Axe can be snuck in for slightly more WEXP when he isn't worrying about being hit since those do weigh him noticeably. It takes 250 WEXP to hit S, so you don't even need to consume the entire Devil Axe just to get that if all the hits you deal with it are fatal.

5 hours ago, Dengres said:

Basilikos I kinda want Rebecca and Farina get Rienfleche and Rex Hasta

Corrected for the best Pegasus sister of FE7. Everyone else is too poor to deserve to own it. Farina can buy it (15000) with her upfront payment from Hector alone (20000), and still afford a Killing Edge (1300), a Javelin (800), and an Elixir (3000). 

The Falchion personalized upgrades is very nice since you can always lock a new upgrade to a certain character. Athos being the only one with Legendary Forblaze while Hugh can still get plain old Forblaze can stop oldies from besting newbies while not giving the newbies a better stat spread.

And random-ish thought. But I've heard people say Ivaldi and Gleipnir are underwhelming in terms of effects. Given IS has to make sure there are always uses for Dew other than carbonating it into the signature soft drink of FEH, could they have possibly underpowered the tomes for later refinement?

57 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

There's actually a weapon in fates called Odin's grimoire which has a high crit rate, which could translate to a special cooldown acceleration. The Missiletain tome will likely be picked to Ophelia whenever they decide to introduce her.

Yeah, if there's going to be a Missiletainn tome, it'll be for Ophelia. I don't think that Odin should really get an upgrade, and, instead, they just bring in Owain. When I think about it, it's hard to contain my sword hand's excitement!

1 hour ago, Othin said:

• Armads
  • Binding Blade
  • Fensalir
  • Folkvangr
  • Noatun
  • Regal Blade
  • Sieglinde
  • Yato

You forgot about Brynhildr. Leo needs an upgrade, especially after a Eirika 2.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

God, I completely forgot about that one. In any case I wonder if it helps him enough to buff him on the list.

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

Yeah, if there's going to be a Missiletainn tome, it'll be for Ophelia. I don't think that Odin should really get an upgrade, and, instead, they just bring in Owain. When I think about it, it's hard to contain my sword hand's excitement!

As much as I'm tired of Awakening and Fates taking up a lot of real estate, I totally agree. Swordmaster Owain, Axe-Hero Severa, and Bow-Knight Inigo should be the next Awakening banner.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

• Armads
  • Binding Blade
  • Fensalir
  • Folkvangr
  • Noatun
  • Regal Blade
  • Sieglinde
  • Yato

I'm expecting the Askr trio to get their own upgrades as story progresses. In fact, that's what I'm expecting that'll be the means to fight Surtr 

1 hour ago, Cornguy said:

As much as I'm tired of Awakening and Fates taking up a lot of real estate, I totally agree. Swordmaster Owain, Axe-Hero Severa, and Bow-Knight Inigo should be the next Awakening banner.

I am definitely looking forward to Swordmaster Owain, and it brings trembles to my sword-hand and aching blood. As for the others, Severa is the more likely bow-knight, since that was sort of her canon form in Fates, and Inigo already has 2 forms in Heroes... But, all the same, I do want more of them, they're terribly fun!

2 hours ago, Astellius said:

I am definitely looking forward to Swordmaster Owain, and it brings trembles to my sword-hand and aching blood. As for the others, Severa is the more likely bow-knight, since that was sort of her canon form in Fates, and Inigo already has 2 forms in Heroes... But, all the same, I do want more of them, they're terribly fun!

I know bow-knight Severa and hero Inigo is more likely, just my personal preference that it be the other way around. I think the female hero looks better than the male, and vice-versa on the bow-knight.

We've already gone pretty off-topic, but do you think they'd change their hair colors, or leave them with the default blonde, red and grey?