Weapon Refinery Update for February 7th

Callisto

1 hour ago, Cornguy said:

I know bow-knight Severa and hero Inigo is more likely, just my personal preference that it be the other way around. I think the female hero looks better than the male, and vice-versa on the bow-knight.

We've already gone pretty off-topic, but do you think they'd change their hair colors, or leave them with the default blonde, red and grey?

Whoever the hero is, they should at least give them an axe just to change things up. Need more axe heroes, although female axe hero would be neat.

Also they would just use the canon hair colours. I see no need to change them, they all look great with their canon colours, especially Severa (shame you couldn't actually get it in Awakening, although blonde Severa looks nice, too.)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not looking forward to Falchions getting a buff since I use dragon emblem as my main team.  If they get a universal breaker skill for all of them it would be a death sentence for dragon teams.  I'd have to run this and give up DD seal to fight on equal footing with them, which makes Nowi much weaker against tomes and bows.

qOE3866l.png

Lucius has a chance to get Luce- ... oh wait.

I expected Basilikos on Linus if anyone since his brother has the Regal Blade and his father wielded it. Well, RIP you then.
Hopefully that means a future FE7 banner has the rest of these weapons on its characters (Marcus with Rex Hasta, Rath with Rienflenche and Canas with Gespenst would be ideal).

This change has a lot of implications for Mercurius and the rest of Elibian Legendary Weapons. Now everyone has potential dips on them. We're missing:
- Maltet
- Forblaze
- Aureola
- Apocalypse
Forblaze is pretty much safe on Lilina since Athos seems really unlikely for Heroes. Apocalypse has Sophia and Raigh, Maltet only really has Shanna which seems rather unlikely.
Curiously enough we do not have a potential wielder for Aureola (Lucius- oh wait.)

Ok so...

• Raigh = Apocalypse: Niime wouldn't get in and Sophia has her Raven niche so Raigh could really use this tome to stand out. That and Canas needs Luna or Gespenst.
  • Marisa = Shamshir: Obvious. Maybe they didn't want to do this because she was a TT reward but C'mon, it isn't hard to make some sort of alternate Killing Edge is it? She was robbed.
  • Rebecca = Reinfleche: I don't want her to have this, I want Rath to have it.
  • Lillina = Forblaze: To say this tome should go to anyone else would be bias (and I do love Erk/Pent/Lugh). She'll likely get this unless Athos makes a surprise appearance.
  • Shanna = Maltet: She's one of the Illia Pegasus sisters, she only one in the game and this is the Blizzard Spear. Considering she's fairly unremarkable at this point in the game it's fair.

Aureola and Luce are screwed over because Lucius is a healer. They would have to give him a Blue Tome variant or give it to Renault. If Ellen, Saul or Yodel show up as blue mages with the tome I swear I'm dropping this game.

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

I expected Basilikos on Linus if anyone since his brother has the Regal Blade and his father wielded it.

Why do people keep expecting Linus to use Basilikos? He uses Swords as his primary weapon, a Silver Blade, Light Brand and Brave Sword, and never Basilikos. Granted, so did Raven but we already know what IS decided to do with him for Heroes.

1 hour ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I'm not looking forward to Falchions getting a buff since I use dragon emblem as my main team.  If they get a universal breaker skill for all of them it would be a death sentence for dragon teams.  I'd have to run this and give up DD seal to fight on equal footing with them, which makes Nowi much weaker against tomes and bows.

qOE3866l.png

Meanwhile, I've pulled a grand total of one Nowis, and I remember her nature being bad. I've got a +9 four star Lukas though...

23 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ok so...

• Raigh = Apocalypse: Niime wouldn't get in and Sophia has her Raven niche so Raigh could really use this tome to stand out. That and Canas needs Luna or Gespenst.
  • Marisa = Shamshir: Obvious. Maybe they didn't want to do this because she was a TT reward but C'mon, it isn't hard to make some sort of alternate Killing Edge is it? She was robbed.
  • Rebecca = Reinfleche: I don't want her to have this, I want Rath to have it.
  • Lillina = Forblaze: To say this tome should go to anyone else would be bias (and I do love Erk/Pent/Lugh). She'll likely get this unless Athos makes a surprise appearance.
  • Shanna = Maltet: She's one of the Illia Pegasus sisters, she only one in the game and this is the Blizzard Spear. Considering she's fairly unremarkable at this point in the game it's fair.

I'd be okay with Raigh having Apocalypse, but they need to give it a strong effect to uplift Raigh's combat potential. Stat booster would't do much unless it's an attack booster so he'd need an effect of some kind. Effective against dragons is kinda meh. Maybe effective against dragons and infantry.
Wo Dao is Shamshir. Stats are exactly the same when you compare Blazing Sword Wo Dao with Shamshir. Marissa is a decent sword unit. She wasn't designed to be top of the meta.
Shanna needs a legendary weapon to lift her poor attack and Maltet is the ideal weapon. Can't have her be a fodder unit forever.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

If Ellen, Saul or Yodel show up as blue mages with the tome I swear I'm dropping this game.

May I propose Guinevere?

(and she's apparently got innate S light...)

Edited by Vince777

I'm extremely that Caeda and the falchion users are getting refinements moreso Caeda because her weapon can offset her weak attack stat and let her carve out a niche as a decent alternative to those who can't pull elincia. My only hope for refined falchion is that it isn't too extreme in counteracting the dragons because dragon users finally got a chance to be a legitimate emblem team. I don't think Felicia's plate will operate will operate like the refined breath weapons, I think in order to simulate the effect from fates a portion of her res will be added her attack stat, alleviating her low attack problem but not ruining her current niche.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Why do people keep expecting Linus to use Basilikos? He uses Swords as his primary weapon, a Silver Blade, Light Brand and Brave Sword, and never Basilikos. Granted, so did Raven but we already know what IS decided to do with him for Heroes.

1) Giving him an axe would differentiate him from his brother, who is sword locked no matter what. Linus might use swords but that’s because mercenaries/heroes always have them as primary weapon before getting axes. Axes also better fit Linus personally as he’s more wild and powerful compared to Lloyd, which is what axes represent.

2) As Lloyd was able to use a legendary weapon from the final chapter and Brendan will likely never be added to this game, it would safe and fair to assume Linus would inherit it in Heroes.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

... you know the answer then, no?
Since his brother came with the Regal Blade, it isn't farfetched to say that Linus may follow the suit. Raven was given Axes, so there is no reason not to assume Linus might do the same (since he wielded a Tomahawk in his version of the Chapter which is more than one can say about Raven).
Considering Basilikos was more than a possibility after Lloyd's release and since Brendan is very likely not to appear in Heroes (who wielded in the Final chapter), Linus is the only option left to implement it in a sensible fashion.

But IS pretty much said, "nope, any kind of reason within us has disappeared, let's hand out these weapons to anyone without relation".

4 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Forblaze is pretty much safe on Lilina since Athos seems really unlikely for Heroes. Apocalypse has Sophia and Raigh, Maltet only really has Shanna which seems rather unlikely.
Curiously enough we do not have a potential wielder for Aureola (Lucius- oh wait.)

I don't see any Gothoh characters either, not this early at least. But I'm sure we'll start seeing then maybe next year, and later final bosses

I mean while Basilikos is an odd choice for Raven, it's not the absolute weirdest thing in the world. Linus would've made more sense, but I believe Raven is more popular and is the only FE7 axe without a personal weapon to my admittedly shoddy memory. Short of inventing a new weapon for him, that made the most sense given what they'd done with him initially.

Anyway, was going to say Palla seems like the go-to for Mercurius, but looking at the characters from Archanea, that's not as set as I would've thought. She, due to Est coming with it, and Ogma, because he's Ogma, seem the most likely since Marth has Falcion. Maybe Navarre or Athena. I'd be very surprised about Luke or Cain.

While Reigh could use the buff more, Sophia seems more likely for Apocalypse.

I'm holding out for Maltet Percival, but Shanna wouldn't be a bad choice.

Lilina Forblaze is duh.

Lucius got screwed again unless they give him the FE6 S staff.

Rath Reinfletch seems scary and since they seem hesitant to break things like with Lyn, Rebecca might be getting it. Though my personal choice would be Uhai as a GHB with it.

Florina could certainly use the boost from Rex Hasta, but I'd still like Oswin. Marcus can take axes or something.

Canas With Gespenst seems pretty clear, or go with something silly like Hugh with it.

I wouldn't complain about DC Wishblade Oscar :P

That's all I can think of for characters in the game (and some not <_<).

Edited by bottlegnomes

Well, I guess that means Jeorge is going to have to wait until after Zephiel if they make Eckesachs stand out enough. Maybe Lucina, too.

I'm hoping that the Falchion upgrades are going to be something that Nowi can actually deal with, considering that's literally her job on a dragon team. I'm also apprehensive of what this means for Corrin considering she's extremely underused (and the builds that make her viable are expensive).

If anything, I'm really hoping that the Falchion boosts are things that are useful in general and are not targeted specifically at dragons. Chrom and Alm in particular need a boost to at least make Falchion a reasonably viable choice on them outside of Falchion healer builds.

I can't really see Lilina with Forblaze when Athos exists. I think Tempest Trials rewards would be perfect place to put characters like Gotoh and Athos.

On 1/28/2018 at 6:31 AM, NekoKnight said:

Because Linus has a Tomahawk in the final chapter.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Anyway, was going to say Palla seems like the go-to for Mercurius, but looking at the characters from Archanea, that's not as set as I would've thought. She, due to Est coming with it, and Ogma, because he's Ogma, seem the most likely since Marth has Falcion. Maybe Navarre or Athena. I'd be very surprised about Luke or Cain.

While Reigh could use the buff more, Sophia seems more likely for Apocalypse.

Ah, the Mercurius dilemma. I'd prefer seeing it on Ogma. He's starting to fall behind the times and were already getting a new weapon for a  sword flier.

I don't see Sophia getting Apocalypse since her gimick is being a raventome user and we've already got a legendary raventome by the name of Nalgfar. Raigh it is. He's bad enough without it.

Edited by silveraura25

Just now, silveraura25 said:

Ah, the Mercurius dilemma. I'd prefer seeing it on Ogma. He's starting to fall behind the times and were already getting a new weapon for a  sword flier.

I don't see Sophia getting Apocalypse since her gimick is being a raventome user and we've already got a legendary raventome by the name of Nalgfar. Raigh it is. He's bad enough without it.

I'd personally prefer Palla just because of personal bias, but Ogma would definitely be a good fit. He is probably the most well-known swordie from Archanea that would fit, hence no Navarre, and doesn't have another claim, Marth. Would certainly give him a niche he's not outclassed in.

I agree Raigh is in more need, but Sophia is a cute girl and has the benefit of being associated with getting the player a legendary weapon, even if it's not Apocalypse. Actually, what if they pull some bullshit and give Sophia Forblaze?

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

6 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I'd personally prefer Palla just because of personal bias, but Ogma would definitely be a good fit. He is probably the most well-known swordie from Archanea that would fit, hence no Navarre, and doesn't have another claim, Marth. Would certainly give him a niche he's not outclassed in.

Astram. For the same reason that Jeorge has Parthia.

6 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I agree Raigh is in more need, but Sophia is a cute girl and has the benefit of being associated with getting the player a legendary weapon, even if it's not Apocalypse. Actually, what if they pull some bullshit and give Sophia Forblaze?

I would find it funny if they also decided to troll everyone by making Forblaze upgrade from Bolganone and not Fenrir.

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If anything, I'm really hoping that the Falchion boosts are things that are useful in general and are not targeted specifically at dragons. Chrom and Alm in particular need a boost to at least make Falchion a reasonably viable choice on them outside of Falchion healer builds.

Chrom/Lucina get to add Heavy Blade to their Falchion, Alm gets Infantry Pulse 3 on his Falchion, Marth gets Attack/Def Bond 3?

Plays to all of their strengths fairly well, also all reasonably fitting for their personalities.

2 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Chrom/Lucina get to add Heavy Blade to their Falchion,

The problem with this one is Chrom, who is slow and therefore cannot make good use of it without a Weaponbreaker skill.

I think it might work better to be -2 special cooldown at the start of the first turn (two stacks of Quickened Pulse), which lets them hit Moonbow immediately or Luna if also running Quickened Pulse in the S slot. Not broken, I swear.

Maybe +1 special cooldown passively (like Lightning Breath and Litrblade) and -3 special cooldown at the start of the first turn (three stacks of Quickened Pulse), which has the same effect as above, but slows down subsequent special activations to make the first one faster.

6 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Alm gets Infantry Pulse 3 on his Falchion,

Double Infantry Pulse Alm would actually be legit, considering he has the same base HP as Dorcas. Ironically, it would also make him good to run with dragons because he has the HP to make it work, though he'll need to forgo an A or S skills to have HP +5 to get Fae (Alm has 45 base and +2 from the refine, Fae has 46 base and +5 from the refine).

15 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Marth gets Attack/Def Bond 3?

I still have no idea what Marth is good for, though giving him something like Atk Tactic 3 + Def Tactic 3 would also be cool and not broken at all, I swear.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Astram. For the same reason that Jeorge has Parthia.

I would find it funny if they also decided to troll everyone by making Forblaze upgrade from Bolganone and not Fenrir.

Astram who?

But yeah, forgot about him. He'd almost certainly have it if they ever add him in.

17 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

No way, that's the property of Athos. Lilina can go home and play with Sophia. Bolganone+ and Fenrir+ Wouldn't want them to get hurt while playing.

Oh trust me, I'd squee for Athos, but unless they do like Ice Dragon said and go back to making TT characters OP like the BK which they seem to be getting away from, I don't see him in anytime soon. That or they'll need him and everyone will be disappointed.

When I found out that Raven will get his new weapon and that his weapon would be refineable, I thought twice about quitting on the anniversary... I would have enough feathers for 5*’ing my Raven that I kept for so long and enough Divine Dew to upgrade his weapon.

Saizo = Flame Shuriken
Lillina = Forblaze
Raigh = Apocalypse
Shanna = Maltet
Marisa = Shamshir
Ninian = Ice Breath
Female Corrin = Water Breath
Azura = Blessed Lance
Narcian = Rune Axe
Oscar = Throwing Spear
Oboro = Waterwheel
Subkai = Guard Naginata