*sigh* people really tend to misunderstand me.

IEatLasers

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I am from Hawaii, but I am not a native Hawaiian.

My apologies, that's what I meant in living in Hawaii.  Most states don't differentiate between the general term and native, but Hawaii has that distinction.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

I am from Hawaii, but I am not a native Hawaiian.

Is Hawaiian Pizza one of those foods where you have to get it in Hawaii to experience the real thing, because no one else makes it right? Or is it basically still the same thing over on the islands.

Like I think its fine whenever I get it at a local pizza place. Having never been to Hawaii, and not knowing what the authentic thing is supposed to taste like. 

But when I travel outside the Philadelphia/Southern New Jersey area and order a cheesesteak, I always think its awful and have a sense that it came from a kitchen that doesn't know what cheesesteak is supposed to taste like. (Whereas people outside of the Philadelphia/Southern New Jersey area can't seem to tell the difference between an authentic Phili Cheesesteak and pig slop)   

Edited by Shoblongoo

11 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Is Hawaiian Pizza one of those foods where you have to get it in Hawaii to experience the real thing, because no one else makes it right? Or is it basically still the same thing over on the islands.

Like I think its fine whenever I get it at a local pizza place. Having never been to Hawaii, and not knowing what the authentic thing is supposed to taste like. 

But when I travel outside the Philadelphia/Southern New Jersey area and order a cheesesteak, I always think its awful and have a sense that it came from a kitchen that doesn't know what cheesesteak is supposed to taste like. (Whereas people outside of the Philadelphia/Southern New Jersey area can't seem to tell the difference between an authentic Phili Cheesesteak and pig slop)   

If there was a Hawaiian Pizza that truly reflected Hawaii, it would be topped with non-dairy cheese, pineapple, and spam.  Except no one in their right mind would make that, because spam belongs on musubi!

Don't get me started on poke. . .dear me. . .

3 minutes ago, Belisarius said:

i think he wants you to ban yourself

Great, now my nonexistent--never mind.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I, Arcanite, want you, Eclipse, to ban @Gemma

The reason should be clear after seeing the quote I mentioned before ~

My hand slipped.

59 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If there was a Hawaiian Pizza that truly reflected Hawaii, it would be topped with non-dairy cheese, pineapple, and spam.  Except no one in their right mind would make that, because spam belongs on musubi!

Don't get me started on poke. . .dear me. . .

And to think, my state invented spam.