Pineapple on Pizza: Yes or no?

Pineapple on Pizza  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Pineapple on Pizza

33 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I know we've had our fair share of controversial topics on SF, but I decided that we should go ahead and have the most controversial one right now.

You think this is bad?  Just wait until I tell ya about sandwich alignments...

Anyway, I don't actually have an opinion of Takumi on pizza.  I myself tend to prefer for betrayal to stay as far away from my food as possible, but I can understand understand others wanting to sink their teeth into his juiciness.

And I now just made an unintentional double-entendre.

yes, pineapple on pizza is good. its a very basic salty/sweet combination that got turned into a meme because this is the internet

youll only see the mass negativity against it as a fad really, a lot of people like it

Edited by Belisarius

Why does pizza have to stick with the old Italian and traditional American lineup of toppings? 

I for one believe that cultural items should be allowed to adapt to local circumstances. While timeless internationalism has an appeal, I like seeing local variations on something they've adopted or was forced upon them, be it Christianity or pizza. So as long as the adapting doesn't integrate the bad of a society into the object of adaptation, or include the bad from the adapted item- just to throw in a statement designed by my PR team.

I think you could argue deep dish is more an atrocity to pizza than pineapple. Since it certainly takes greater liberties than just tossing rings of gold on top.

Why not lampoon "dessert pizza" on a fork? Because it is being openly sillier? How about that Pizza Hut idea of putting cheeseburgers into the rim of the crust?

So I don't mind the idea of pineapple on pizza, though I myself do not care for pineapple. Limited palette and all.