Silith judges your battle ballot.

Silith13

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least some people still have some dignity left by not spamming the same person over and over and picking some interesting characters that are far away from the spotlight, though I might be called a hypocrite, since I picked both versions of characters that appeared in different iterations of the main series (since they seperate votes because of it when they really shouldn't in a lot of cases, imo). Either way, the CYL doesn't really interest me with how characters become popular, but it's nice to see that not everyone just picks boobs, overused lords or rofl-units (Rein being the worst offender, personally, as very few picked him for his actual character, and more for his prowess in FEH)

Too lazy to make a screenshot right now and I missed a day, so no need to evaluate my choices by some arbitrary means, still, kinda fun idea.

This is my Battle Ballot:

Spoiler

*Image deleted due to attachments space*

Disgusting, I know :awesome:

Edit: How do I put an image from internet and no from my files? I'm tying every link that tinypic gives me, but it doesn't work :/

Edit 2: Finally I decided to upload the file from my laptop, but that's less space I've I guess...

Edited by Javi Blizz

28 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Well, at least some people still have some dignity left by not spamming the same person over and over and picking some interesting characters that are far away from the spotlight, though I might be called a hypocrite, since I picked both versions of characters that appeared in different iterations of the main series (since they seperate votes because of it when they really shouldn't in a lot of cases, imo). Either way, the CYL doesn't really interest me with how characters become popular, but it's nice to see that not everyone just picks boobs, overused lords or rofl-units (Rein being the worst offender, personally, as very few picked him for his actual character, and more for his prowess in FEH)

Too lazy to make a screenshot right now and I missed a day, so no need to evaluate my choices by some arbitrary means, still, kinda fun idea.

Yeah...I don't agree with you at all. Everyone has their own reasons for liking a character (personality, design, power, etc.) and all those reasons are equally valid even if you disagree with them. Also picking obscure characters doesn't put you above those going for the popular ones, that's just blatant elitism. 

And what's this BS about dignity? Going for 1 character you like above the others or wanting to spread the love for different ones is up to each person's criteria, after all the purpose of this is to show love to your favorite characters and give the ones with the biggest fanbase a prize. 

Javi Blizz:

1.3+1+0.7+0.4+0.1+1.6+1.3=6.4

SilvertheShadow:

1+0.7+0.4+0.1+1.3+1.3+0.7=5.5

nosef: (the link like that goes to my own ballot of course.)

1+1+1.3+1.3+1.6+1.3+1.6=9.1

@NoirCore of course the scores are all wrong because my own taste is shit.

10 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Yeah...I don't agree with you at all. Everyone has their own reasons for liking a character (personality, design, power, etc.) and all those reasons are equally valid even if you disagree with them. Also picking obscure characters doesn't put you above those going for the popular ones, that's just blatant elitism. 

And what's this BS about dignity? Going for 1 character you like above the others or wanting to spread the love for different ones is up to each person's criteria, after all the purpose of this is to show love to your favorite characters and give the ones with the biggest fanbase a prize. 

Didn't think I'd provoke such a reaction, but you are free to disagree, I don't mind. I just vaguely stated my opinion on how I believe the reasons for the popularity of some picks are rather poor, but I will agree that the dignity part was poorly worded. I can be elitist at times, for several reasons, and I am well aware that even my most hated characters can be liked for valid reasons, superficial or not, so yeah, that statement was flawed. Still believe people are more often than not just easily jumping on bandwagons, making the whole thing really boring in my eyes, which in turn makes me glad when I see some people paying attention to other characters. It doesn't have to be the most obscure, and popular units do have their merits, but if you don't see any flaws with the CYL event, then so be it. I'll leave it at that as to not further derail Silith's thread. If another Eirika would make you happy, though, feel free to pick her; it's not like I would stop you.

Hey. I'm making this list based on my taste. It's worth NOTHING. If you disagree with me it's because my taste is just as shit as yours.

It's all cool. We all love Fire Emblem and this whole thing was made to be silly.

23 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Hey. I'm making this list based on my taste. It's worth NOTHING. If you disagree with me it's because my taste is just as shit as yours.

It's all cool. We all love Fire Emblem and this whole thing was made to be silly.

Ah damn, sorry. If you were referring to my comments I didn't mean to criticize what you are doing here. I actually kinda like it, it's funny (even if for the most part I have no clue how your scores are determined ;-P). My distaste was entirely pointed at the CYL event and how I wished choices were made for "more interesting" reasons (my opinion; anyone can disagree, it's fine). I'll stop now.

Here, have at it. You may judge me. I missed a day, but I know who I would have picked.

Haar (PoR), Haar (RD), Scarlet, Inigo, Laslow, Olivia /  missed: Jill (RD)

6 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Ah damn, sorry. If you were referring to my comments I didn't mean to criticize what you are doing here. I actually kinda like it, it's funny (even if for the most part I have no clue how your scores are determined ;-P). My distaste was entirely pointed at the CYL event and how I wished choices were made for "more interesting" reasons (my opinion; anyone can disagree, it's fine). I'll stop now.

Here, have at it. You may judge me. I missed a day, but I know who I would have picked.

Haar (PoR), Haar (RD), Scarlet, Inigo, Laslow, Olivia /  missed: Jill (RD)

I 'spammed' Kent seven times because in the original CYL he was so close to 1000, and I think if I had done this the first time, he would have hit 1000 points. Instead, I spread the love, despite him being my firm favourite. 

I would have gone for several different characters if not for this, but I've enjoyed going through this thread and seeing who everyone's voted for... as well as making my own judgements xD 

40 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Yup, totally disagree. 7 x Kent is clearly 70 points xD 

Loving this thread so far :) Sorry I couldn't post an image. Never really bothered figuring out how, 'cos I'm lazy. 

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

mahvotes.png.d3512c79a60d1ea618ed201a1083cb88.png

I actually voted for my friends peeps, because I had 3 friends voting for Nino already heh
Let's see if Silith's taste is as garbage as mine

Wait, Arc, you said you gave a vote to Frederick for me too, but I don't see him here! I'm confused. Did you go back on that and not say anything? :(

Anyway, given the scores I'm seeing for people who divided their votes up similarly to the way I did, I have a pretty good idea of what the OP would give mine, so I'm not going to post it here. I voted Frederick four times and Ephraim three times, which would be like 6 or below out of 10 here, so... xP

No picture, because I didn't sign in.

Spoiler

Day 1 - Lugh
Day 2 - (skipped)
Day 3 - Midir
Day 4 - Knoll
Day 5 - RD Brom
Day 6 - SD Tomas
Day 7 - RD Stefan

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, Arc, you said you gave a vote to Frederick for me too, but I don't see him here! I'm confused. Did you go back on that and not say anything? :(

Anyway, given the scores I'm seeing for people who divided their votes up similarly to the way I did, I have a pretty good idea of what the OP would give mine, so I'm not going to post it here. I voted Frederick four times and Ephraim three times, which would be like 6 or below out of 10 here, so... xP

...you just posted your votes. :P

Edited by NoirCore

8 hours ago, Silith13 said:

going all in on one horse is a solid minus point. You got to spread the love.

Spread the love?? Naaaahhhhhh

image.thumb.png.a89eb931fc7310cd87eebf267e5b0293.png

Edited by Solvaij
forg

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I voted for him on my phone :p

This is my main account though heh I did not go back on my word!

did make sure I voted for Ephraim though, on my main account

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Pulled an amazing score despite missing a day.  WOOHOO~!

thats cause you have garbage taste