FE6 Made Easier

Milanor

Hey this is Milanor here and finally, I have my first, albeit small, FE project out! I've borrowed gringe's FE localization patch in order to get the translation of the game, but most of the gameplay mechanics, and features are the same (basically vanilla FE6), the only differences are that every character's base stats and growth rates have been buffed. My inspiration for doing this is that I figured FE6 was quite punishing towards new players of the Fire Emblem series, but not only that, I wanted to make just about all the units viable and allow people to be able to use just about every unit and have an easier time with the game. I myself have played through FE6 (over a decade or more ago) and I just didn't like the unforgiving aspects of it, particularly the difficulty at the beginning of the game, midgame, and late game, so having better bases and growths will then make units that are nearly useless at least see some usefulness and the characters that are already good won't receive much of a boost. 

Milanor's FE6 Easier Mode

Let me know what you guys think of it, I will be playing through the game myself and trying different characters on each run. If there are any bugs, errors, or oversights, feel free to post here. Also, any feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism is appreciated!

Yes, I believe so. I started off with the original vanilla FE6 game, then edited it. This was while the game was still in Japanese. After my edits, I used gringe's patch over my edits. Finally, after that, I created my own patch after the translations. I'm still pretty new to patching and patching over a patched rom, so it could get a bit confusing at times.

Also, sorry about having it in the wrong subforum and thanks for putting it in the right section.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, no. This patch only increases all (or just about all) character's base stats and growth rates to make them more viable and there currently isn't anything beyond those changes. My original intention is to make FE6 easier as a whole while retaining as much of the game's elements and other features as vanilla. I may consider doing other changes into the patch in the future when I learn more about ROM hacking and get better at it.

Edited by Milanor

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this topic, and also, if anyone has any feedback or suggestions on my first rom-hack/mini-project, I'd appreciate it. I know there isn't a lot of changes aside from the character growth rates and base stats, but I'm still very new to the world of rom-hacking. When I get more time in the coming month or so (been busy with school and life currently), I will be learning more in the world of rom-hacking.