Using all your stat-boosting items on one character

Charmeleonbrah

Should be self-explanatory.  It's nice to spread the love to all your characters, but it's much more fun to use all of your stat-boosting items on one unit and turn them into a God of Death.  Post which characters you choose for this.  

FE6: Milady.

FE7: Oddly enough, Heath.  I always give him the Afa's Drops, the Speedwings, and the Goddess Icon.  He's a beast after leveling up on Four-Fanged Offense.

FE8: Tana.  I like having her with 10 movement range and 85 base avoid. 

FE6: Roy tended to need them the most. He's dead weight until promotion, after which the added boosts turned him into a bona fide beast.

FE7: Nino because Afa's Drops + everything else turned her into a tiny adolescent nuke.

FE8: Franz because he tends to need a leg up stat-wise.

• 1 month later...

I tend to irrationally horde my stat boosters. I use the Robe and Ring on Florina in Lyn Mode, but that is about it. And if I feel like playing FE7 with Funds in mind, well that more or less prevents you from using stat boosters when they cost you 8k each. I want to break out of the horde mindset, but I just haven't.

Afa's Drops goes to Heath, Rath, Farina, or Nino, all characters who come late and rather low leveled unpromoted. Or someone else if I'm not using one of them. Metis's Tome comes too late for pretty much anyone to use in SS.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I tend to irrationally horde my stat boosters. I use the Robe and Ring on Florina in Lyn Mode, but that is about it. And if I feel like playing FE7 with Funds in mind, well that more or less prevents you from using stat boosters when they cost you 8k each. I want to break out of the horde mindset, but I just haven't.

Afa's Drops goes to Heath, Rath, Farina, or Nino, all characters who come late and rather low leveled unpromoted. Or someone else if I'm not using one of them. Metis's Tome comes too late for pretty much anyone to use in SS.

What do you mean, Metis's Tome comes right when you get Knoll. Don't tell me you don't use poor Knoll. He can summon zombies! And thus make the Metis Tone completely pointless as you never want to put him in combat because everything crits him. :KnollRoll:...Poor Knoll.

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What do you mean, Metis's Tome comes right when you get Knoll. Don't tell me you don't use poor Knoll. He can summon zombies! And thus make the Metis Tone completely pointless as you never want to put him in combat because everything crits him. :KnollRoll:...Poor Knoll.

Well the same chapter as the Metis's Tome is the Hoplon Guard, just steal or raid Caellach's corpse (stealing it lets Joshua crit/Silencer Caellach for poetic justice, so sometimes I do that). Nobody else that I can think of wants the Hoplon Guard outside of rare special circumstances, so Knoll can have it.

He averages 46-45 HP, 6-7 Def, and 25-26.5 Res at 20/20 normally, and Nosferatu inflicts 7-6 AS loss on unit who averages 27 Magic and 21.5 Speed at 20/20. At 20/10, he is 18 Spd or 12 AS, which is actually enough to avoid being doubled by nearly everything not a Gwyllgi, SM, or Hero I think. And with a Speedwing 14 AS is enough to actually double some stuff in return IIRC. Nosferatu is also buyable in the Chapter 17 in-battle Shop (not afterwards on the map of the same chapter though), and Knoll joins with a Nosferatu tome as well.

Overall, I think there is enough here for Knoll to actually Nostank... albeit only for Chapters 19, 20, Final and the postgame Creature Campaign. And you have to grind him up to par first. SS might have nerfed the heck out of Luna, and Gleipnir might weigh so much holding it will cause the land around you to sink in and send you straight to the underworld, but a hope of Nostank is kept alive.

And thinking on it, while Summoner is a relatively unique class in SS's repertoire of classes, Knoll "canonically" speaking, feels a little more Druid to me. Why? He criticized Lyon for resurrecting Vigarde. Then again... Knoll did beforehand agree to help Lyon resurrect Vigarde, it was the smashing of the SS of Grado that Knoll didn't like. So Knoll could actually go either way in canon. Unlike Ewan who "canonically" most likely goes Mage into Sage, he never talks of experimenting with Dark Magic ever, or Pupil 3.

Lastly, turning to Canas a Nostank for comparison (I already know the FE6 Shamans can do it well), well he shares the same HP, Speed, Con, and Nosferatu stats as Knoll. However Canas has less Magic (23.95 at 20/20), more Def and Luck (14.75 in both stats, Knoll has 6 Luck at 20/20), and a trivially smaller amount of Res (given both have plenty as is). No Nosferatu is buyable in FE7, but each difficulty has 3 available (and a fourth dropped in the penultimate battle), the first coming in C18E/19H, the Dragon's Gate. Given Hammerne doesn't have many good things to use it on in FE7 and Canas's far superior availability with the Def lead, I think he has the potential to Nostank as well.

But enough of this theorycrafting. My appreciation of GBA Dark Magic lore and characters has gotten the better of me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

FE6: Elen. I love the prospect of a battle priest/priestess character so I also did this to Rhys in PoR to make him a nuke.

FE7: I think I always gave all of my stat boosters to Lowen because mine always ended up having mediocre strength.

FE8: I always give them to Gerik, mainly because he is my favorite characters in the game.

• 1 month later...

Main character always gets all of my stat ups. Only character that causes a game over if they die, so insurance is always nice. (Even though I am of the degenerate group of people who reset when any character dies)

• 4 months later...

usually i save up all the stats boosting items for the main heroes and stack on stats until they reach the cap.

after that, if there's still some items left, i try to boost the other remaining units i prefer and use the most.

guess it's always been a dilemma choosing between an overall balanced army, or a smaller army of godmode units.

i suppose from early to mid game it's always better to have everyone balanced in order to find out pros and cons of each unit.

however, after reaching the end game, by personal experience stacking stats has always been the best solution due to stronger enemy waves and bosses, at least for me( especially when a single boosted unit can do the job of 4~5 normal ones ).