Old units getting unique weapons

redlight

So a lot of people, including me, are hyped for the new update coming up this February mostly because of weapon refinery updates, but also the fact that four units that were available from launch are all receiving a unique weapon that would let them catch up to units that have power crept them. But what's even more great than this decision by the developers is that it opens up the possibility of other old units receiving the same treatment to have them catch up to the power creep that's occuring in the game right now.

So the point of this topic is that I would like us to discuss which underpowered unit without a a unique weapon deserves a non-inheritable weapon that they could potentially wield in their original game (if you want to you could include what it's effect would be).

So a few of you noticed that the units that received new weapons are all physical damage dealers. I think that with the next update the next batch of 4 characters to receive a new weapon will be magic users of each color as well as a stave user. I'm not going to list all units that need an improvement, just ones that could be the next four to receive a unique weapon.

Raigh: I think that everyone agrees that Raigh is the worst red mage in the game. S!Leo has high res to allow him to be a res tank while Henry has his niche with that defense based damage special build, but Raigh's stats are just too balanced to have him compete against top-tier red mages. His attack is mediocre so the legendary tome 14 might will help him out a lot. The Apocalypse tome from Binding Blade would make sense for him to wield.

Odin: The worst case of the game's developers not understanding how to build a unit for launch. His pitiful attack (22 at neutral) heavily weighs him down as well as the fact that he's even more balanced than Raigh in terms of stats. He definitely needs an attack stat boost on his weapon to go along with the 14 might. Odin's Grimoire from Fates is the weapon that'd suit him

Soren: A watered-down Nino with a 33/33 offensive stat spread. Not a bad unit, but doesn't do much to make himself stand out among other green tomes who all have some kind of quirk. He should get a speed boost from his weapon to allow more chances for doubling or at the very least let him make use of his Watersweep skill. Tornado for him. I find it funny they gave him Rexcalibur when it wasn't included in PoR, not normally obtainable anyway. You had to hack the game to get it.

Wrys: Ah, yes. That bald-headed dude who has a lot memes about him. Wrys's resistance is the highest in the game at neutral (36), but that's all there is to him. His attack is usually his dump stat so he doesn't really need a unique weapon so a support skill would work. Not too sure about what to give him, but maybe Barrier.

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd set up Lilina, Selena, and Cordelia, but those are partially because personal preference - I'm pretty sure Cordelia and Lilina don't need it, and if we ever get Severa she'll probably be a buffed Selena anyways. I would also give a prf. weapon to Camilla, actually, now that I think about it. Hm…and Gwendolyn. And Subaki. And…Um. I should stop before I name half the game.

13 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I'd set up Lilina, Selena, and Cordelia, but those are partially because personal preference - I'm pretty sure Cordelia and Lilina don't need it, and if we ever get Severa she'll probably be a buffed Selena anyways. I would also give a prf. weapon to Camilla, actually, now that I think about it. Hm…and Gwendolyn. And Subaki. And…Um. I should stop before I name half the game.

Cordelia doesn't really need it since she's ranked quite highly among many tier lists. Otherwise, everyone else you mentioned could possibly get a unique weapon.

7 minutes ago, nosef said:

Odin has blarblade , I can't see how his grimoire can compete with that (with the actual skill list) .

The thing about Blarblade on Odin is that there are much better units to run Blarblade on than Odin. I'd be happy if they gave him a unique Blarblade with a special effect to give him a slight edge over other blue mages.

Edited by silveraura25

The first that comes to my mind is Camilla. Her 30/32 spread pales in comparison to Raven's 34/35, and they're both brave axe users. She really suffers in a post weapon refinery world since I feel like her best weapon choice is the distant counter anti-mage set with slaying or emerald axe. Which she couldn't pull off any better than Hawkeye of all units who has plenty more physical and magical bulk and doesn't need the extra ten points of speed when battling mages which are all very fast except for red ones and oliver. And being a character from Fates, she's got a weapon named after her. It's a pretty bad one though. One of those weapons that debuffs your stats with each usage. And only provides +2 resistance passively. If I had to choose an effect for her axe, I'd probably just make it an emerald axe with more MT to take advantage of her good mixed bulk. Or maybe a dragon killing axe because this game desperately needs more units that can stand up to manaketes. Any melee range attacker with a great Res would be ideal to have a dragon slaying weapon.

Shanna doesn't especially need that much more help than other blue fliers. I just want them to add the rest of the legendary weapons of Elibe. And Maltet, the Ice Lance of Ilia, could fit with Shanna given that she hails from that country. Or her two sisters if they are ever added to the game. Like all of the legendary weapons, Maltet is a dragonslayer. It also provides skill +5, but that's not applicable to Heroes.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

The first that comes to my mind is Camilla. Her 30/32 spread pales in comparison to Raven's 34/35, and they're both brave axe users. She really suffers in a post weapon refinery world since I feel like her best weapon choice is the distant counter anti-mage set with slaying or emerald axe. Which she couldn't pull off any better than Hawkeye of all units who has plenty more physical and magical bulk and doesn't need the extra ten points of speed when battling mages which are all very fast except for red ones and oliver. And being a character from Fates, she's got a weapon named after her. It's a pretty bad one though. One of those weapons that debuffs your stats with each usage. And only provides +2 resistance passively. If I had to choose an effect for her axe, I'd probably just make it an emerald axe with more MT to take advantage of her good mixed bulk. Or maybe a dragon killing axe because this game desperately needs more units that can stand up to manaketes. Any melee range attacker with a great Res would be ideal to have a dragon slaying weapon.

Shanna doesn't especially need that much more help than other blue fliers. I just want them to add the rest of the legendary weapons of Elibe. And Maltet, the Ice Lance of Ilia, could fit with Shanna given that she hails from that country. Or her two sisters if they are ever added to the game. Like all of the legendary weapons, Maltet is a dragonslayer. It also provides skill +5, but that's not applicable to Heroes.

Definetely Camilla and I personally would like to see Shanna get Maltet.

Florina is the only FE:7 unit wearing lances right now in the game. So maybe Some REX HASTA for her.
Speaking of which. Give Lucius a unique staff which is basically the Luce tome.
By that logic Rebecca can have the Rienfleche... especially since Uhai isn't an option for the CYL so is probably not going to appear.

16 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

By that logic Rebecca can have the Rienfleche... especially since Uhai isn't an option for the CYL so is probably not going to appear.

WiiIiiiILllL!1!!

29 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Florina is the only FE:7 unit wearing lances right now in the game. So maybe Some REX HASTA for her.
Speaking of which. Give Lucius a unique staff which is basically the Luce tome.

I get the feeling Florina will get a new weapon which hasn't been seen in the FE franchise.
Give Lucius Aureola since he surpasses the boundary that is gender and therefore wields the light of god. Luce is for scrubs like Serra who need high maintanence.
Rebecca definitely needs a 14 Mt weapon, but I don't know if it'll be Rienfleche.

7 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Ursula could get Excalibur if they don't mind giving older units weapons that are already in the game.

Although, I don't know that I'd pick Excalibur or Dark Excalibur over Keen Blarwolf+...

That's good and all, but there's just one problem. She's blue, not green. CYL Ursula when?

Edited by silveraura25

Sully and Stahl are probably even more forgotten than their ancestors in spirit. I'd say Luna for Sully (if Sumia's eventual inclusion doesn't give her Luna already) and Sol for Stahl.

It'd be funny if Jakob had the Soldier's Knife, as it is a Nohrian weapon that only Hoshidan Master Ninjas can use. Give some justification for him being a 5* pity breaker.

Here are some other ideas that aren't particularly PERSONAL weapons, but more like what Berkut, Clarissa, and Legion have...

Spoiler

Arthur: Arthur's Axe, damage taken from the first hit in combat from adjacent foes reduced by 30%

Azama: Hexing Rod, Reduces all stats of enemy units after combat if this unit attacked

Gordin: Gordin's Bow: Damage +10 when Special triggers

Lissa: Healtouch, increases all healing done by this unit by +10

Saizo: Saizo's Stat, either Drive Atk 2 or Atk Tactic 2

I'll also say that it bothers me that the Hoshidans all use traditional FE weaponry when they use Hoshidan weapons normally (Katanas, Naginatas, Rods, etc).

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It'd be funny if Jakob had the Soldier's Knife, as it is a Nohrian weapon that only Hoshidan Master Ninjas can use. Give some justification for him being a 5* pity breaker.

Jakob has a weapon in Fates called Jakob's Tray which I could see happening in Heroes since were getting Felicia's Plate.

Edited by silveraura25

I was thinking the legendary weapons be for the FE:6 characters minus Forblaze which would be Athos's by nature.
Niime with Apocalypse.
Yodel with Aureola
Yuno with the Maltet
And Dayan with the bow... even if Lyn already holds it.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Jakob has a weapon in Fates called Jakob's Tray which I could see happening in Heroes since were getting Felicia's plate.

I personally can't see it as strongly, but that may just be because it's so much more of a ridiculous design than other weapons.

On a normal unit i mean, seasonals get a pass to smack people with Hagoitas and Mochi.

Edited by Xenomata

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I personally can't see it as strongly, but that may just be because it's so much more of a ridiculous design than other weapons.

On a normal unit i mean, seasonals get a pass to smack people with Hagoitas and Mochi.

We already crossed the border of riciculousness when butler/maid was introduced as a combat/medic class. Though I don't mean it seriously, I just find it funny.

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, nosef said:

Odin has blarblade , I can't see how his grimoire can compete with that (with the actual skill list) .

Grimoire: Adds both the wielder and the foe's bonuses to damage. Special cooldown +1.

3 hours ago, nosef said:

they could make it so his personal grimoire targets the weaker of both stats (RES or DEF) like dragons

or they could make it so his current HP stats i calculated as the Atk stat etc. there is lots of possibilities

they also could make it so that the oponnents and odins atk are mixed during combat and they boht attack with the same atk

49 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Grimoire: Adds both the wielder and the foe's bonuses to damage. Special cooldown +1.

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

they could make it so his personal grimoire targets the weaker of both stats (RES or DEF) like dragons

or they could make it so his current HP stats i calculated as the Atk stat etc. there is lots of possibilities

they also could make it so that the oponnents and odins atk are mixed during combat and they boht attack with the same atk

All of your idea are nice but they migth be to powerfull , i think that Odin is really decent and can be already really powerfull ,  only weakness is the low Attack but with blarblade it's absolutely not a problem (I have a 5 star Odin +Attack with fury and paired with Eirika Killing him instantly is really hard with his bulk and he can destroy a lot of things ). Also I won't complain if they give him a legendary blarblade i like him a lot ^^ .

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Give it the same effect as Blarblade+ plus the three Defiant skills he doesn't get by default (and 14 Mt). Odin [+Atk, -HP] would have 74/39/32/32 stats with all four Defiant skills active.

Or if you want to be silly and not broken, I swear, give it +1 Atk for every point of HP lost at the time of attack and -5 special cooldown for skills that activate on receiving an attack (the only skill he can learn that fits that restriction is Miracle). That gives Odin [+Atk, -Def] a total of 81/32/22/25 when at 1 HP (without an A skill).

I'd love for Hinata,Oboro, and Niles to receive refinement buffs since these are all units prioritized for the usefulness as fodder instead of their capabilities as units.I think a good way to make them viable would give them weapons that work with their statline or carve out a niche for them like giving Niles the shining bow which he can use effectively to target low res melee units would let him stand out among other archers, Oboro receiving the Waterwheel and Hinata receiving his namesake katana could also do wonders for them because both are defensive monsters but lack a good reason for such heavy investment with the abundance of good infantry lancers and swords.