New FEH Channel livestream airing on 1/30 at 7:30 PST

Armagon

I hope people don't vote for meme characters in the vote. Having Oliver as the new GHB was a new low in the fandom for me, because I legit cannot think of another reason to choose him (well, I suppose I could) to be included.

Edited by saisymbolic

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Mixed feelings. The orb dump was the best news.

The rhythm thing is not the town mode I was hoping for, but hopefully it's not a pain at higher level since I'm not used to that type of thing. Legendary Ike is disappointing since I liked the legendary characters being originals, not just alts of existing units. The accompanying hero banner is pretty bad for me, since I either already have or don't want everyone but Gunnthra and Lucina, but no way I'm sniping for 1 unit on a color. I learned my lesson on the other legendary banners.

The character vote thing is probably just going to end up with Ike or Lucina so that's cool, but not super exciting unless you're a big fan of those two.

I don't know about voting for Lucina. This time is to get a free unit (why the hell can't IS let us have 1 free unit of our choice instead of voting?!) which means that gameplay is a bigger deal here unlike CYL. Lucina has no SI outside of Aether so that makes her lame (and we already have Masked Marth which is a neutral Lucina) while B!Ike, Hector and to a lesser extent C!Robin have awesome skills to give!

5 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Is there a chance there will be changes in the game that they didn't announce? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't tend to tune into the livestreams; this is actually the first time.

Definitely is. They're doing a version update a few days after everything is going live. Not saying it's assured by any means, but it's not completely impossible.

Anyway, 100 orbs is cool, and dev maps means probably more orbs, so cool. Kind of want to find out RD Ike's stats before I decide to try for him. Radiant Aether just looks like 4 cooldown Aether which seems rather dull. Was really hoping for another OC, like the king.

Was also at least hoping they'd give a little info on the weapon updates that were coming, but eh.

The rhythm game seems like it might be fun, and I'll probably try to get through as much of it as I can.

Overall, it was kind of disappointing, but not terrible. I just really hope people don't pull some shit like making Reinhardt or Wrys or Narcien the free hero. I'd also prefer not Brave Lyn since like everyone and their mother has one. Hoping it's one of the newer power-creepy 5* exclusives. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Hyped as hell for Xander. Hello, +3. The others are cool, and I'll definitely be trying to get more copies of all, but Xander I'll do whatever I have to to get him. Also, this'd have to make Michalis a decently viable merge hero. He's got to be getting up to like +4 if you kept every copy of him.

As for the TT, seems weird that Ike is associated with an otherwise SS-seeming TT, especially with Marisa being the reward character.

V!ike loses 1 HP and 1 Spd but gains 1Atk and 3 DEF and 3 RES.

With +Res nature He will have very nice magical bulk. Plus, Dragons are so meta right now, Warding breath is going to shake everything up.

23 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Well I know @Anacybele is going to be extremely happy.

DAMN STRAIGHT! WOOOO!!

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I want to get the new Ike, but he shares a color with Sanaki on this banner, so I'm not sure what I should do.

Just send her home or fodder her off! That's what I do with a character I dislike enough not to ever use. Feathers and more skills are nice!

I'm gonna need a new avy soon. :D

Also need to watch that RD Ike trailer.

Feh says that "There are a number of heroes from other worlds known in Askran Legend. They'll appear in the future too!" 

So it appears we will get more non-OC Legendary Heroes. Most likely the main Lords or most popular characters, but hopefully they add some variety.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

This is pretty much how I feel myself. Legendary banner's reds are not very great otherwise so I'll hold off for him until next time.

Same, I cannot feel confident enough in getting him right now, especially when Sanaki and Siegbert are in the way. So hopefully he ends up being our free hero when we vote.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Oh, apparently they snuck in the Legendary Hero banner preview vid afterward.

Hide contents

LOL, they had to put Ike on a Defense tile to survive the Black Luna.

100 orbs! Hopefully I will get Gunnthra this time!

As for Ike, obviously I didn't see it coming, but retrospectively it make lot of sense.  Being strongest hero in multiverse sounds like pretty good qualification for Legendary status. 

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Oh, apparently they snuck in the Legendary Hero banner preview vid afterward.

Reveal hidden contents

Ragnell is normal, just 16 Mt and Distant Counter.
Radiant Aether only has a reduced cooldown (4 instead of 5), better for QR builds!
Warding Breath is same as Steady Breath, but with Res.
Seal Atk/Def is not the most useful skill, but ok.
Def Tactic is nice!

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this FEH Channel. It's all good news, as far as I'm concerned.

Legendary Ike was somehow something I didn't see coming, despite him getting two high spots (including the top one) on the first CYL. At least his attack animation is pretty cool. Him having Warding Breath annoys me though, since it means that I'll have to sacrifice him to one of my Dragons to get anything worthwhile out of it (since Cat Sakura probably won't be able to use it), and I'm not sure I'll want to do that since he's a legendary unit.

Once I get all of those February Orbs, I'm gonna try for Myrrh again, since I really want her and I don't like my odds once she goes off-focus.

But tomorrow, I'm gonna just pull for RDIke/Sanaki once (or more, if there are multiple Reds on that session, which there probably won't be), and probably get 3-Stars instead.

Glad to see the old GHBs getting reruns. Especially Xander. It's been too long. Now can I get a Camus rerun

I'm okay with not getting CYL2 results just yet. I'm sure we'll get it soon anyway.

Finally, Tap Battle actually looks fun, though I must say I thought it was gonna be a separate thing. And not a limited-time one. Still, looking forward to playing it when it drops.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Feh says that "There are a number of heroes from other worlds known in Askran Legend. They'll appear in the future too!" 

So it appears we will get more non-OC Legendary Heroes. Most likely the main Lords or most popular characters, but hopefully they add some variety.

Probably conqueror Alm, rigain Celica, knight lord Seliph, master knight Leif, great lord Ephraim

Just now, Alexmender said:

I don't know about voting for Lucina. This time is to get a free unit (why the hell can't IS let us have 1 free unit of our choice instead of voting?!) which means that gameplay is a bigger deal here unlike CYL. Lucina has no SI outside of Aether so that makes her lame (and we already have Masked Marth which is a neutral Lucina) while B!Ike, Hector and to a lesser extent C!Robin have awesome skills to give!

If I could pick one for myself I'd totally grab a Hinoka. I really wish they had let us do that.. I just think the community will probably end up voting the new Ike or if it's anyone else somebody popular like Lucina. (If Ike doesn't get it I'd expect general users will have voted without unit usage/SI in mind) Most won't have the new Ike though and will see this as a way to get him easily, so I think it's pretty much a lock for him. I don't mind if it goes that way, so I can skip this banner and keep saving for the seasonals!

Oh shit! Another Ike! Yes!!!! But... I'm awfully low on orbs atm. Those animations are awesome! Super happy about this surprise. 

Orb overload will hopefully help.

The tap game looks interesting... is it a rhythm game? Because sometimes it appears to be and other times it seems the taps are random. I hope it's rhythm based.

The Feh parts were funny, I don't care for Ike in the slightest so meh....very overrated to me(I'll stop here b4 his fans get triggered from this...) Only positive side from that is Non-heroes characters can also be legendary so Lyn, Lucina and even Camilla will happen in the future!, the new rhythm game looks neat though overall to me 4.5/10 felt expectations were high glad I was in the middleground I felt this could be been some Twitter posts.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I'll probably be voting for Freebie Hector.  He's a great unit as is and DC is very nice for many units.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

DAMN STRAIGHT! WOOOO!!

Just send her home or fodder her off! That's what I do with a character I dislike enough not to ever use. Feathers and more skills are nice!

I'm gonna need a new avy soon. :D

Also need to watch that RD Ike trailer.

1000 feathers isn't much of a great trade for a 5*, and she doesn't really have any skills worth foddering.  I'm really tempted to just wait a month to pull for Ike.

I kinda wonder how the new training maps will compare to Warriors maps? I certainly appreciate having them, but what'll the point be if you can't throw even the lowest defense hero at the enemy and expect high SP profit?

Also I need to aim for Summer Robin this banner, I absolutely need Lance Valor.

I'll probably be voting for Freebie Hector.  He's a great unit as is and DC is very nice for many units.

Oh yeah, we should probably rally for Hector...

Edited by Xenomata

I'm actualy looking forward to all the GHBs, because I missed many of them the first time (or in the case of ursula, was unable to complete the map even on the easiest difficulty because my intier team was infantry at the time.)

With Regard to the rythem battle, it was the only thing i really disliked this stream, but I HATE it for two reasons:

1. My reaction time and hand eye coordination stink. THere are FAR too many istances of games i like adding twitch elements like this that I was simply unable to complete despite playing over and over. there are games i got mostly through, and then hit a wall becasue my rection time is so bad that i simply can't progress.

2. my phone does not always detect my touches. In a game like FEH, this is usually fine, but not on a rhythm game.

of course, I can always just skip it, but then i would miss whatever the reward is...

As for the "vote for your favorite unit, and get them free", thing, i would be highly surprised if we got a 3* or meme unit. THe opprotunity to vote tacticaly (by voting for who you want, instead of who you actualy like), is simply too obvious. In fact, i suspect that it is DESIGNED to be obvious.  very few people will vote for a unit who stinks, if they know it means missing out on someone better.

Edited by sirmola

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

1000 feathers isn't much of a great trade for a 5*, and she doesn't really have any skills worth foddering.  I'm really tempted to just wait a month to pull for Ike.

Well, your choice. :P

I don't mind Sanaki, personally. but I admit I don't care for Siegbert. If I wind up with him, I guess it'll depend on what skills and IVs he has if I keep him or not. I'm not gonna pass up this Ike for ANYTHING!

I kinda wish they took the top 2-3 vote winners and let the player pick which one they wanted.  Giving away only the top vote getter is a recipe for a dish high in sodium since the most popular characters are often also the most polarizing.