New FEH Channel livestream airing on 1/30 at 7:30 PST

Armagon

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna vote for Vanguard Legend Ike to be the A Hero Rises freebie. Mostly so I can have Warding Breath fodder, and thus can teach it to a dragon who can use it better (probably Fae, though I'll have to change up my Fae's build a bit if I do that).

I wonder if bringing different units might change Tap Battle in some way?

So Ike gets to be semi-plot relevant? 

Well there were supposed to be 12 of these Legendary Heroes right? 3 per element? Well inventing 12 OCs.... is cake compared to probably some other gachas that have to invent everything (I'm assuming they exist). I guess IS is too lazy to do more. Or they want to better integrate all the FE worlds.

Anyone else drawing a BK/Zelgius parallel right now? The BK got himself again much too early, and so does Ike- who already got a CYL form so he was in some capacity not already lagging behind. What are they going to do when they need yet another Ike, PoR Lord Ike? "Ike pulsing with chaos" ala the final strike of RD? Perhaps they'll release the Afatening lock on Seasonals and toss in some silly Ikes? 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't mind Sanaki, personally. but I admit I don't care for Siegbert. If I wind up with him, I guess it'll depend on what skills and IVs he has if I keep him or not. I'm not gonna pass up this Ike for ANYTHING!

I already have ideal Sanaki and Siegbert (+Atk -Def and +Spd -some pointless stat respectively), so Sanaki will be merges and Siegbert will be Atk Tactic fodder or merges.

Though I first need to exhaust my pity on Sacred Memories...

Personally it's nice to know that I can focus my orbs on the Sacred Stones banner because none of the hero fest/legendary heroes are super appealing. Summer!Robin would be nice, but I'd rather pull for L'Rachel and Eirika (Now if Summer!Corrin had been on there we'd have a different story).

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, your choice. :P

I don't mind Sanaki, personally. but I admit I don't care for Siegbert. If I wind up with him, I guess it'll depend on what skills and IVs he has if I keep him or not. I'm not gonna pass up this Ike for ANYTHING!

Seigbert has atk tactic if nothing else, which I love because I like using mixed teams.

He's crazy offensive though. I have one sitting on 41 speed, and he's got darting blow along with the free swift sparrow attached to his sword. He starts with death blow, but personally I thought the speed was more useful.

RD Ike is going to get killed so many times for his Radiant Aether and his A skill. Poor Ike.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I kinda wish they took the top 2-3 vote winners and let the player pick which one they wanted.  Giving away only the top vote getter is a recipe for a dish high in sodium since the most popular characters are often also the most polarizing.

Yeah, same, I'm also worried that most people will just vote for a character they like and not a gameplay effective one.

I wonder who will be next. Based on the pattern, it seems likely for them to be some sort of colorless Fire hero with a +Def effect. Alm could be a good fit, if they can find a suitable bow for him. Lyn could also be a bow legendary hero, but she seems more likely to be Wind and +Spd, and I think a lot of people would rather the next legendary hero be someone who doesn't already have a main-pool alternate. Also, rather than overlapping with CYL Lyn, it seems like a better option for the inevitable CYL Lyn to go back to swords, like Ike. Especially since that'd give her a chance to use the Mani Katti.

Is it just me, or does this FEH channel feel a bit lackluster? I'm not saying it was bad, in fact it was pretty decent and I couldn't stop laughing at Effie secretly eating Feh's cake. But in my opinion, with how each FEH channel somehow topping the previous one, I think I sorta set my expectations way too high on this stream.

Illusory dungeon is going to be the end of my life with how many floors there are and how much of a time sink that's gonna be.

Also, CAMUS WHERE ART THOU?! ;-;

Edited by Falcom

2 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

RD Ike is going to get killed so many times for his Radiant Aether and his A skill. Poor Ike

I swear, Radiant Aether had better be locked to Vanguard Ike. 

@Hekselka I don't think Radiant Aether will be inheritable. It'll probably be like Regnal Astra in that regard.

Warding Breath tho, yeah that's gonna be something people have this Ike teach to other units.

In particular, I'm pretty sure I have at least one dragon who'll want that.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Not sure if Radiant Aether is locked or not. Zelgius' video specifically mentions Black Luna and Warp Powder being locked. Radiant Aether has no such disclaimer. I'd say probably not from that alone.

@Kaoxt A long time. Next time we should see him is end of February for the next Legendary banner though. 

Edited by Shun One

Just now, Kaoxt said:

How long until you guys think the new Ike will be available in a regular banner?

Trying to decide if it's better to wait even though, the 5* % goes up for Legendary banners.

As a Legendary Hero, Radiant Legend Ike will most likely only be available on Legendary Hero banners, like Fjorm and Gunnthra.

1 minute ago, Kaoxt said:

How long until you guys think the new Ike will be available in a regular banner?

Trying to decide if it's better to wait even though, the 5* % goes up for Legendary banners.

he never will 

The use of the cake here is a bit ironic when you consider that this stream was pretty much all icing and no cake. Lots of stuff like one time bonuses and special events but nothing fundamentally addressed at improving the game itself on a permanent basis.

9 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

RD Ike is going to get killed so many times for his Radiant Aether and his A skill. Poor Ike.

Yeah, same, I'm also worried that most people will just vote for a character they like and not a gameplay effective one.

I'm 99% sure Radiant Aether will be locked to Ike. It would just make Aether, which is by no need in need or a buff, obsolete. And other specials that were variations on existing ones, like Black Luna and Regnal Astra, can not be inherited.

Edited by LuxSpes

Gotcha. Guess I will try for him then.

Wonder what his best IV will be? Maybe +Atk/-Res like others?

I almost feel like Steady Breath is best for him, at least the way I play.

Yeah, there's zero reason for Radiant Aether to not be locked to RD Ike. It's gonna be locked to him.

I just watched the preview, and it doesn't say that Radiant Aether cannot be inherited.  I assumed it would be locked, but does anyone remember if the other unique specials had that note in their previews?

Just now, Rezzy said:

I just watched the preview, and it doesn't say that Radiant Aether cannot be inherited.  I assumed it would be locked, but does anyone remember if the other unique specials had that note in their previews?

Like shun one pointed out, in the RD banner trailer you can see that you can't inherit Zelgiu's personal special and skill.

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The use of the cake here is a bit ironic when you consider that this stream was pretty much all icing and no cake. Lots of stuff like one time bonuses and special events but nothing fundamentally addressed at improving the game itself on a permanent basis.

Yep. No substance at all. I expected better from an anniversary stream.

Well, just watched it, and, while all the stuff they mentioned is great, I also found it a bit... underwhelming. I definitely like all of the free orbs, and summoning is one of the most fun aspects of the game. New maps and new types of maps are interesting. But I was really hoping for a bigger addition to the gameplay, like a new and substantial game mode, not just the tapping minigame. Ah well! They're at least being generous with the gifts.

13 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Is it just me, or does this FEH channel feel a bit lackluster? I'm not saying it was bad, in fact it was pretty decent and I couldn't stop laughing at Effie secretly eating Feh's cake. But in my opinion, with how each FEH channel somehow topped the previous one, I think I sorta set my expectations way too high on this stream.

I agree. Plenty of gifts and temporary maps, which are great, but not any real addition to the gameplay. What with this being the anniversary, there was good reason to expect more substantial developments.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That's a good way of putting it! Effie didn't save any of the cake for us!

14 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

The probability that Radiant Aether is inheritable is pretty much zero. Its naming scheme in Japanese, 蒼の天空, "Blue Aether" directly alludes to Ike's title of 蒼炎の勇者, "Hero of Blue Flames".

The "Radiant" in English comes from the fact that "Path of Radiance" was the localization of 蒼炎の軌跡, "Path of Blue Flames".

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They probably just forgot.

That said, they also didn't add the disclaimer at the end indicating that Legendary Heroes can only be summoned from Legendary Hero banners.

So either they're really incompetent and forgetful or they're changing things up for Ike.