New FEH Channel livestream airing on 1/30 at 7:30 PST

Armagon

So I just noticed that the Tap Battle game is, in Japanese, called かんたんタップバトル, which translates to 'Easy Tap Battle'

Yay. 100 floors of easy tap battling.... If we have to do it, couldn't we at least have a challenging one?

5efb962e-s.png

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just watched the preview, and it doesn't say that Radiant Aether cannot be inherited.  I assumed it would be locked, but does anyone remember if the other unique specials had that note in their previews?

It's actually quite inconsistent. Look no further than Micaiah's banner reveal where it clearly states Sacrifice cannot be inherited yet nothing is stated for Thani, even though it cannot be inherited either.

Overall I rate this broadcast a saucy 7.7/10. My biggest critique is it's too much of a focus on free stuff. Though maybe I'm just unenthusiastic about that because I'm sitting here with 200+ saved orbs already. What this broadcast could have really used is more changes to the status quo of updates or modes. A whole new mode and a different way to rerun GHBs is about the bare minimum I'd ask for from this broadcast. And that bare minimum is all we got. My personal highlights are

• Developer Maps: Time for me to fix my Hero Merit page. These are the best way to grind.
  • Tap Hero: For a year I've un-ironically been asking for Fire Emblem Theatrythm, and now I get to play it. Whoa. Hope there's good rewards for it, since it seems like the type of mode that we'll be seeing once a month.
  • The Legendary Banner's colorless pool is the perfect trio for me. Plus PA!Azura is there and she's the only of the dancers I'm missing.
  • One GHB rerun a day for a week. I've been hoping they'd expedite reruns of GHB and BHB for a while. My idea was to have one each of GHBs and BHBs every week rather than picking one or the other. There's still be dry weeks where both modes are re-runs, but those would be infrequent.
  • Ike being a Legendary Hero is sooooo much more preferable than alternate versions of characters taking the place of new faces in New Heroes banners. Seriously, if this guy showed up on a new Tellius banner, I would flip out. Plus the reference to Ike's Earth Affinity from his game was pretty good. As for the choice of Ike...I would have gone with Marth. Even if that ran the risk of coinciding with Marth as a CYL winner, which was a definite possibility.
  • Everything involving Feh. The Cake scenes were genius. Also live footage, if you didn't notice.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The "Radiant" in English comes from the fact that "Path of Radiance" was the localization of 蒼炎の軌跡, "Path of Blue Flames".

Could also be there to contrast Zelgius' "Black Luna".

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The probability that Radiant Aether is inheritable is pretty much zero. Its naming scheme in Japanese, 蒼の天空, "Blue Aether" directly alludes to Ike's title of 蒼炎の勇者, "Hero of Blue Flames".

The "Radiant" in English comes from the fact that "Path of Radiance" was the localization of 蒼炎の軌跡, "Path of Blue Flames".

Ah right, that does make sense. I've heard about how there's some odd skill translations here and there. 

34 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Is it just me, or does this FEH channel feel a bit lackluster? I'm not saying it was bad, in fact it was pretty decent and I couldn't stop laughing at Effie secretly eating Feh's cake. But in my opinion, with how each FEH channel somehow topping the previous one, I think I sorta set my expectations way too high on this stream.

Illusory dungeon is going to be the end of my life with how many floors there are and how much of a time sink that's gonna be.

Also, CAMUS WHERE ART THOU?! ;-;

I just hope the reward for clearing all the floors is worth it 

15 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

So I just noticed that the Tap Battle game is, in Japanese, called かんたんタップバトル, which translates to 'Easy Tap Battle'

Yay. 100 floors of easy tap battling.... If we have to do it, couldn't we at least have a challenging one?

5efb962e-s.png

I think it'll have different difficulties as well if you look closely

6 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

5efb962e-s.png

There are options for different modes and difficulties, so it might get more challenging.

We can only play up to Floor 40 on Day 1. The other floors unlock over time.

I am a little disappointed that they didn’t include S!Corrin on this banner. Oh well. Guess I’m saving orbs for the seasonal banner. Not only that, I feel like they were cheap here by giving us another Ike. Come on, he already got his chance to shine, give us an OC, not someone who already had there time in the spotlight

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I just hope the reward for clearing all the floors is worth it 

There was some real emphasis placed on the higher floors, and the floors above I think 41 are being delayed to february 2nd so I think there may be something we are not being told.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I am a little disappointed that they didn’t include S!Corrin on this banner. Oh well. Guess I’m saving orbs for the seasonal banner. Not only that, I feel like they were cheap here by giving us another Ike. Come on, he already got his chance to shine, give us an OC, not someone who already had there time in the spotlight

Might be better off if she appears in the next one anyway, given how many desirable banners are around at the moment. At least that's my thinking - I'm kinda glad I can mostly skip the Legendary Heroes this time round.

That said, very odd that three Summer units and one PA unit made it in, leaving an awkward five summer units left. Will they be spread between February and March instead? Green is especially crowded with Elise, Tiki and possibly Bike needing to be fit in soon.

Okay, now that I finally saw the stream:

- TRAINING MAPS WOOHOO!
- FREE ORBS WOOHOO!
- I'll do a couple of summons on the Legendary banner, assuming I don't get a 5* immediately
- Tap battle looks fun

I'm hyped~!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Could also be there to contrast Zelgius' "Black Luna".

I mean, it totally is. Both have the name of the original skill preceded by a single-character color derived from the character's title (out of the million possible ways to write "blue" in Japanese).

The direct translations of the skill names is also really damned cool along with their effect animations. Black Luna is "Black Moonlight", punctuated by the fact that the skill animation uses the red moon from a lunar eclipse instead of the usual full moon. Radiant Aether is "Blue Sky", "Blue Heavens", "Azure Sky", or "Azure Heavens" depending on how you want to translate each word and uses a blue washout effect instead of Aether's white washout effect, reflecting the clear, blue skies. Kind of awesome how their signature skills match so well with their titles to do this. /chuuni

58 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Feh says that "There are a number of heroes from other worlds known in Askran Legend. They'll appear in the future too!" 

So it appears we will get more non-OC Legendary Heroes. Most likely the main Lords or most popular characters, but hopefully they add some variety.

TBH, I'm kinda hoping they might give us some lore characters, like Anri or Roland, as Legendary Heroes, since we're now not limited to OCs. They're certainly spoken of in legend, albeit not Askran Legend.

It's probably a pipe dream, but I'd rather that than more alts.

1 minute ago, C. Turtle said:

TBH, I'm kinda hoping they might give us some lore characters, like Anri or Roland, as Legendary Heroes, since we're now not limited to OCs. They're certainly spoken of in legend, albeit not Askran Legend.

That would be pretty cool, but then they probably should have given us Altina instead of Ike.

4 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

Let's go Holsety, Anri, Elimine, Altina, Soan and Grado!

9 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

That would be pretty cool, but then they probably should have given us Altina instead of Ike.

If the Legendary Hero had been Altina, I would have been miles happier.  However, considering Altina has a relatively minuscule role in an already somewhat obscure (or rather, hard to obtain) entry in the series, her inclusion over Ike of all character is lower than randomly getting hit by a piece of meteor. I'm probably exaggerating but the point still stands.

Edited by saisymbolic

1 minute ago, Cornguy said:

Let's go Holsety, Anri, Elimine, Altina, Soan and Grado!

I WANT BRAMIMOND AND ATHOS! AND DHEGINSEA AND LEHRAN! TWO LEHRANS!

Also, can I ask for Iote? I want to see what this slave cum wyvern rider of legend looks like. Heim would be one mean old man too. The Crusaders look really good.

Spoiler

heroescrusaders.jpg

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I WANT BRAMIMOND AND ATHOS! AND DHEGINSEA AND LEHRAN! TWO LEHRANS!

Also, can I ask for Iote? I want to see what this slave cum wyvern rider of legend looks like. Heim would be one mean old man too. The Crusaders look really good.

Hide contents

heroescrusaders.jpg

Aw yeah, any of those would be cool too. If they used any SS legends, I wonder how well they could make them up from scratch, since we never see them. Hartmut as well, I could be remembering wrong, but I think he was the only Elibe hero with no picture. 

12 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

If the Legendary Hero had been Altina, I would have been miles happier.  However, considering Altina has a relatively minuscule role in an already somewhat obscure (or rather, hard to obtain) entry in the series, her inclusion over Ike of all character is lower than randomly getting hit by a piece of meteor. I'm probably exaggerating but the point still stands.

Oh I certainly agree that she never had a chance of replacing Ike. It's just that I was responding to the idea of lore characters being made into legendary heroes. If they made a legendary Ike and then switched to doing lore characters after, it'd be kinda weird...

1 minute ago, Cornguy said:

Aw yeah, any of those would be cool too. If they used any SS legends, I wonder how well they could make them up from scratch, since we never see them. Hartmut as well, I could be remembering wrong, but I think he was the only Elibe hero with no picture. 

heroeshartmut

From the Hasha no Tsurugi manga- if you want to count it as canon here that is. A little Fabio, but handsome and determined.

And this is the group pict for Eight Legends/Divine Generals:

Spoiler

heroeseightlegends.jpg

And just to toss it in while I'm at it for anyone interested, Ashera's Three Heroes, minus the "fourth" hero Lehran who is Ashera's highest servant and basically part of the group:

Spoiler

heroes37.png

1 minute ago, Ildanach said:

Oh I certainly agree that she never had a chance of replacing Ike. It's just that I was responding to the idea of lore characters being made into legendary heroes. If they made a legendary Ike and then switched to doing lore characters after, it'd be kinda weird...

Oh.

Then, yeah, I completely agree.

I enjoyed it. It also made me feel like an idiot because I wasted countless, COUNTLESS orbs summoning for Myrrh to have a decent bonus unit for the SS Tempest that isn't happening.

I would have 100 orbs right now. Instead I have 26. Yep. Idiot.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

heroeshartmut

From the Hasha no Tsurugi manga- if you want to count it as canon here that is. A little Fabio, but handsome and determined.

And this is the group pict for Eight Legends/Divine Generals:

Hide contents

heroeseightlegends.jpg

And just to toss it in while I'm at it for anyone interested, Ashera's Three Heroes, minus the "fourth" hero Lehran who is Ashera's highest servant and basically part of the group:

Hide contents

heroes37.png

If they let Hartmut and Altina dual wield their weapons, I'd be so happy. The name of the weapon wouldn't look great in that little box, but it'd be worth it.

6 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

Or they could just do whatever, I think this is the least controversial way to implement alt versions of already existing characters and I don't think many would complain about a few lore characters, Gunnthra was added without us knowing a single thing about her and that was borderline lore character and no one thought it was weird.