Mothers/children resemblance comparison

Noa

Not a particularly shiny graphic, but I got curious to see how Roy and Lilina were drawn in FE7 compared to their potential mothers! Personally, I can see a lot of Ninian and Farina in the two of them, particularly their eye shapes, but I'm most certainly biased, so I figured I'd share the comparison to hear what others think! Spot any genetic resemblances between their sprites?

Edit: Added the other kids and potential parents. Congrats on becoming mothers!

zoom.png

zoom2.png

Edited by sumirufus
Update to the original post

The writers push Eliwood/Ninian hard but facially, Roy looks like Fiora. 

Visually, Lilina looks like Farina. But personality wise, she's like a cross between Hector and Florina.   

To be honest,  a lot of the females have the same face.

In Roy I see Ninian's & Fiora's facial design on him & he give's out the same kind nature vibe as them as well.

For Lilina, I see mostly Farina & somewhat Florina.

Weird how the only thing I with Lyn is their eye color. I hope that doesn't mean I'm not too bias on who I had Lyn hook up with.

22 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

How, when she's not even shy in FE6? Or androphobic, period?

And hre comes AL again :D

I already explained Lilina's personality on the other topic regarding of this, I think it was on the last post on that page.

3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

I already explained Lilina's personality on the other topic regarding of this, I think it was on the last post on that page.

I assume you're talking about this:

Lilina is a good-hearted, kind person in FE6, which would also fit for Florina.

In which case, it doesn't really have anything to do with Florina. Considering that it applies to each one of Hector's wives.

As a character, she is trying to be strong like his father as well, but she's still a child (like Hector said).

Which also doesn't really have anything to do with Florina. In pretty much none of her supports does Florina ever express any desire to become stronger. Lyn, on the other hand, does.

In FE7 ending, Eliwood said that it's a good thing she took after her mother, which Hector thought as looks, but it feels more like Eliwood talks about her personality. She was shy at the time, fitting for Florina as mother,

Except for the fact that the shyness Lilina exhibits in FE7's epilogue is never present in FE6. If it was, then I would be more inclined to believe that Florina has something to do with Lilina's personality. But as it stands, it's more likely that the shyness Lilina showed in FE7's epilogue is because of the way she was brought up until meeting Roy. 

for me the other mother candidates are more confident characters; I just didn't met my Lyn or Farina in Lilina as much as Florina.

Lyn's less confident than you think. She has her insecurities. In her supports with Eliwood, Lyn's expressing dismay at not being a good noble, and is worried that she'll end up bringing shame to House Caelin's name. And in her B Support with Hector, Lyn's outright practicing what can be easily described as the Luna skill because she wants to break her own limits for the sake of others, much like how Lilina does.

And I will also note that even people who used to be Hector/Florina fans have even gone on record to say that, and I quote, "after playing FE6, it's reeeeally hard to ignore the resemblance between Lyn and Lilina". Which should say something here.

4 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

How, when she's not even shy in FE6? Or androphobic, period?

Lol, are you Pepsi_Al on GameFaqs? 

Look, I get you're obessed with Hector/Lyn, but haven't we already talked about this?

51 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

Lyn's less confident than you think. She has her insecurities. In her supports with Eliwood, Lyn's expressing dismay at not being a good noble, and is worried that she'll end up bringing shame to House Caelin's name. And in her B Support with Hector, Lyn's outright practicing what can be easily described as the Luna skill because she wants to break her own limits for the sake of others, much like how Lilina does.

And I will also note that even people who used to be Hector/Florina fans have even gone on record to say that, and I quote, "after playing FE6, it's reeeeally hard to ignore the resemblance between Lyn and Lilina". Which should say something here.

Oh, I thought might missed, because there was no reply at the time, but looks like I was wrong. Still you seem to completely ignore the factor on my FE7 ending analysis, because she is different in FE6.

I'm not really sure what you're telling me with the Hector/Lyn B support, I didn't catched anything close to that in their conversation, I don't even know what even gave you the idea. Btw, where was the support conversation talk that confirms that Lilina wants to break her own limits?  I feel like you're trying to bring up non-existing facts that might change my point of view, which would be very difficult to do.

3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Still you seem to completely ignore the factor on my FE7 ending analysis, because she is different in FE6.

How does me mentioning her upbringing being the reason behind her shyness in FE7's epilogue equate to me "ignoring" your analysis? 

I'm not really sure what you're telling me with the Hector/Lyn B support, I didn't catched anything close to that in their conversation, I don't even know what even gave you the idea.

Here's the B Support in question.

Hector: Lyn.
Lyn: … …
Hector: Lyn!
Lyn: What?
Hector: I… I, um… I thought it would be disrespectful to hold back, you see… So I went full force, I did.
Lyn: … …
Hector: But I gotta admit, I was surprised. Your sword arm, it’s… You’re stronger than I thought.
Lyn: Why, thank you, Hector. For me, losing to you was a good lesson in my limits.
Hector: …Um, are you listening to me?
Lyn: I’m busy right now. I’m learning some new lunge and thrust patterns.
Hector: Yeah, I thought you were standing different. What is that lunge used for?
Lyn: They say it’s good against axemen in heavy armor.
Hector: Wait, that’s me! You got something personal against me, Lyn? We’re friends, right?
Lyn: Of course we are. But this… this is about me, my limits. I can’t be a burden to either you or Eliwood right now. I can fight. And I will get stronger.
Hector: Lyn…

And I underlined where it says that Lyn's trying to break her own limits.

Btw, where was the support conversation talk that confirms that Lilina wants to break her own limits?  I feel like you're trying to bring up non-existing facts that might change my point of view, which would be very difficult to do.

Lilina wanting to break her own limits is something that's a part of her character that doesn't require supports to understand. In fact, her C support with Cecilia only reinforces that trait.

Cecilia: Good. You have a special gift for magic, Lilina. If you practice, you’ll become a great mage like no other.

And here's these bits from Heroes.

Lilina: The amazing Cecilia once said I have a natural talent for magic. To me, that meant I ought to work even harder!

Lilina: I must really apply myself to studying magic!

Lilina: There's someone in my life whom I dearly want to keep safe.
That is what has driven me to do my best in all things.

And naturally, doing your best involves testing and even surpassing your own limits.

@Køkø

Look, I get you're obessed with Hector/Lyn, but haven't we already talked about this?

You never really gave me anything conclusive when we last talked. You only said "Lilina is a mixture between Hector and Florina" with nothing to show for it. And in regards to this topic in particular, I still don't see how she's anything like Florina. If anything, physically, she has Farina's basic hair color, and Lyn's features. And personality-wise, I would say that she's like a more level-headed version of Lyn without a second thought.

Edited by Just call me AL

3 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

You never really gave me anything conclusive when we last talked. You only said "Lilina is a mixture between Hector and Florina" with nothing to show for it. And in regards to this topic in particular, I still don't see how she's anything like Florina. If anything, physically, she has Farina's basic hair color, and Lyn's features. And personality-wise, I would say that she's like a more level-headed version of Lyn without a second thought.

Actually I did. Go back and look, Slumber said everything I was going to and I added some things he didn't say. You outright rejected solid points despite me agreeing with some of yours. You never responded to my last post so one could assume we were finished.  

Are you Pepsi_Al on GameFaqs and LittleAl016 on Youtube? I'm not stalking you, I swear. It's just that this discussion caused me to look at some related stuff, and I see you've been rabidly debating this for nearly a decade. Honestly, I hope you get your FE7 remake with Hector/Lyn in glorious HD, fully voice acted, and confirmed canon. Maybe a sexy new scene or two, eh?  

1 hour ago, Køkø said:

Actually I did. Go back and look, Slumber said everything I was going to and I added some things he didn't say. You outright rejected solid points despite me agreeing with some of yours.

What "solid points"? All Slumber said then was already addressed. And all that you added to what I responded to were questions that I never really got around to answering because I thought it was clear that other people didn't want the shipping war to go on.

Are you Pepsi_Al on GameFaqs and LittleAl016 on Youtube? I'm not stalking you, I swear. It's just that this discussion caused me to look at some related stuff, and I see you've been rabidly debating this for nearly a decade.

What can I say? When I see something that doesn't mesh with the facts, I go straight for the jugular.

Honestly, I hope you get your FE7 remake with Hector/Lyn in glorious HD, fully voice acted, and confirmed canon. Maybe a sexy new scene or two, eh?  

I don't appreciate the jab here.

45 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

What "solid points"? All Slumber said then was already addressed. And all that you added to what I responded to were questions that I never really got around to answering because I thought it was clear that other people didn't want the shipping war to go on.

There are solid arguments for all the candidates, regardless of whether you're comfortable with them or not. Rather than acknowledging that, you disagreed with them completely. 

You could have made a new thread or PM'd me if you that's the reason you didn't respond.  I have to ask though, if you thought you covered everything, what was the point quoting me in this post? 

50 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

I don't appreciate the jab here.

Not a jab. I'm serious. You're obviously very passionate about this, so as someone who's never wronged me, I can't help but wish goodwill. 

Interesting to see the responses are that the two of the resemble the Pegasus sisters the most overall! I'm glad I'm not the only one who usually pairs Lyn/Rath either, I've been so alone.

On this line of thought, since IS has made mention of an FE6 remake before, would you guys want something similar to inheritance from Awakening/Fates? Nothing too in the way of the story, of course, but maybe skills/slight design changes based on their mothers, as a nod to them? don't ask me how it'd work, let's just pretend you could pick at the start or something. I always personally thought the exclusion of even the mention of a mother felt weird in terms of FE6's story (especially in Lilina's case) , so I'm curious of how others found it/would want it to change if at all.

tl;dr would you like to see their mothers play a bit more of a part in their individual stories in a potential remake?

2 hours ago, sumirufus said:

Interesting to see the responses are that the two of the resemble the Pegasus sisters the most overall! I'm glad I'm not the only one who usually pairs Lyn/Rath either, I've been so alone.

On this line of thought, since IS has made mention of an FE6 remake before, would you guys want something similar to inheritance from Awakening/Fates? Nothing too in the way of the story, of course, but maybe skills/slight design changes based on their mothers, as a nod to them? don't ask me how it'd work, let's just pretend you could pick at the start or something. I always personally thought the exclusion of even the mention of a mother felt weird in terms of FE6's story (especially in Lilina's case) , so I'm curious of how others found it/would want it to change if at all.

tl;dr would you like to see their mothers play a bit more of a part in their individual stories in a potential remake?

I'm not sure. I said before in a different thread that if they add skills, anything of the sort could work. There are only 3 children with customizable parents in FE6 though, so it'd be pretty underwhelming unless they retcon some supports of something.  If you're suggesting inheritable personal skills on the other hand, I'm not sure how they'd go about that. 

FE6 and 7 have completely different plots for the most part, so while not nessacary, I'm always up for more world building.

It's also odd that none of Hectors's support endings mention Lillina. I doubt it's unintentional given Lilina's story prominence in FE6. I mean even WOLT got a mention. Perhaps there's more going on than we know.

Edited by Køkø

Ok, this is really embarassing that I need to quote this again, but you insisted, so allow me. You said this...

13 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Except for the fact that the shyness Lilina exhibits in FE7's epilogue is never present in FE6. If it was, then I would be more inclined to believe that Florina has something to do with Lilina's personality. But as it stands, it's more likely that the shyness Lilina showed in FE7's epilogue is because of the way she was brought up until meeting Roy. 

...In response to this...

She was shy at the time, fitting for Florina as mother.

... which was only there to support my major point on that part:

In FE7 ending, Eliwood said that it's a good thing she took after her mother, which Hector thought as looks, but it feels more like Eliwood talks about her personality.

9 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

And I underlined where it says that Lyn's trying to break her own limits.

I also got that one, but it doesn't even closely reference to what you said that she is practicing Luna or something, like Lyn would like to take private lessons from Canas to learn the secret art of dark magic. If we take a closer look on that conversation, Lyn is trying to improve herself in swordfighting, and trying to develop a technique that is super effective against armored units.

Now here comes the point where you said Lyn and Lilina are similar, because they are both trying to break their limit. The point however, is not very solid under that one. What I saw in all that, is Lilina want to get better in magic. Well, who doesn't want to get better at something, that could be anything of their interest (swordfighting, magic, horse riding, cooking, storywriting, game development, etc.) I think it's something of a human personality thing, not that is inherited from parents, like I want to be a great fighter just like my father. So there are still 0 points on why Lyn is the true mother of Lilina instead of Florina, we only have a cute ending CG for the Lyn/Hector ending (which I also like, but doesn't make me say she's her mother)

24 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Now here comes the point where you said Lyn and Lilina are similar, because they are both trying to break their limit. The point however, is not very solid under that one. What I saw in all that, is Lilina want to get better in magic. Well, who doesn't want to get better at something, that could be anything of their interest (swordfighting, magic, horse riding, cooking, storywriting, game development, etc.) I think it's something of a human personality thing, not that is inherited from parents, like I want to be a great fighter just like my father. So there are still 0 points on why Lyn is the true mother of Lilina instead of Florina, we only have a cute ending CG for the Lyn/Hector ending (which I also like, but doesn't make me say she's her mother)

Lilina never expresses a desire to "break her limits" or even to be a better mage. That was all Cecilia. She does want to be a better ruler however, evidenced by her support with Oujay.

I would never take anything Heroes says or does seriously, as that's not how it's designed. Ffs, they've got this.  

17595971_381454442254227_573773033495540 

Not sure what he's getting trying to get at.

Edited by Køkø

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Are you going to be posting the other children as well? Like the twins?

Wasn't initially planning to, but your comment got me curious, so I checked them out. Here they are! I didn't add Fir/Klein/Clarine since their parents are both set in stone and the resemblances are pretty clear. I think this is everyone? I've been awake nearly 24 hours, I hope I haven't missed a kid by accident.

... Think we can say for sure that the twins definitely got all their looks from Nino. Wolt is sort of in a void too, Wil's hair aside.

zoom2.png

Thanks for adding the rest of the kids!

The twins definitely take after Nino, in both looks and skill. Neither of them look anything like Jaffar, but Raigh does share some personality traits.

With Wolt, it's hard to tell because we never see Lowen's eyes. Regardless, he looks the most like Sain to me in his face, but his hair is definitely styled like Wil's.

Sue takes after Rath for sure. She's even tanner than Lyn and they were both on the plains for roughly the same amount of time.