FE11 H5 0% growths warpless LTC

Gradivus.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 23 is done in 7 turns (134 in total).

Preparations and Shopping:

Used 1 Speedwing on Palla and 1 Energy Drop on Beck.

Sold 24 Javelin, 16 Steel Bait, 14 Silver Bow, 21 Longbow, 1 Master Key, 3 Vulnerary (+2471G).

Forged +2 mt, +10 hit Javelin named MageKil (-2625G)

Money remaining: 123G.

Another very hard chapter. This map was the reason I gave two Goddess Icons to Palla - there are a lot of enemies with high critrates. Throughout the chapter, Palla and Palla!Xane face 3 Thoron users and 4 Brave Bow hits (not counting the boss). The chance to not get crit by any of them is 62.2% with the Goddess Icons, 49.9% without them. This saves a lot of frustration since there are many hits at 78-85 hit that have to hit, and the majority of the chapter uses the first map save to rig hits, so the chances of failure pile up quite a bit.

The enemies in this chapter are pretty annoying. There are 3 Swarm!Bishops to harass you through walls, a bunch of Thoron!Mages that hit hard even when they don't crit and two Snipers and two Heroes, which have over 50 HP and 20 Spd and use Brave weapons. On top of that, there are Fortify!Curates, much like in the previous chapters. However, I don't have the Geosphere anymore, nor can my Ballistae reach the Curates, so I can't kill them early, unlike on the last 2 maps, so the enemies always have at least 50% of their max HP at the start of a turn.

There is one real Gharnef and two fake ones, and because I skipped Tiki, I need to win against the real one to get the Falchion, or I lose turns by entering chapter 24x. Because only magic users with Starlight can defeat him, the real one has to be in the bottom-right corner, so the mage can reach him with their low mov. To make sure Gharnef is in the bottom-right corner, I used the map save on turn 1 and attacked the bottom-right Gharnef with the Gradivus to check if he's the real one, in which case he takes 0 damage. Since the real Gharnef's position is determined before the start of turn 1, restarting from the map save keeps it untouched. The traditional version of this is to use a Geosphere use after the map save and much like in this strat, the Gharnef that doesn't take damage is the real one. My version simply takes a bit more time since I have to run up to him.

To kill Gharnef, I used Wendell. With 7 magic, +1 atk from C tomes and 13 mt from Starlight, he exactly 4HKOes Gharnef, who has 43 HP and 10 Res. I used the Merric support so he can dodge a hit from Gharnef (36% chance) and to increase the chance for a crit to 6%. This makes for a total chance of success of 2.16% for the Gharnef kill. The critrate is only available if the support has reached A rank, which is why Merric was fielded so often. Wendell's C staves as a Bishop also came in handy here, since I needed to constantly heal my units with Physic.

To clear the way to Gharnef, I used Palla!Xane, who is the obvious choice to kill mages with since he can double, has 1-2 range and high HP and Res. His Str of 10 was actually not enough to ORKO mages with a regular javelin, so I forged the MageKil, giving him just enough Atk to 2HKO and greatly improving the hitrate. It was also used to bring the Sniper in the opening to a precise amount of HP so Catria and Jagen can kill, without the Fortify!Curates getting triggered.

This is the first chapter where the +9 mt on the Pachyderm really come in handy: they barely allowed Jake and Beck to 2HKO the Hero on turn 6 to ensure Marth's safety (+8 wouldn't have been enough because the Hero can proc 52 HP). I had to sacrifice two units here, one being Midia because Xane was at low HP, so I needed an even more attractive target for Gharnef to distract him from Xane.

The other sacrifice was necessary to protect Marth, as I can't kill the fake Gharnef in the top-right corner. This had to be Catria. The reason for that is pretty complicated: the strategy requires a low-Res unit to be where Catria is on turn 3 so Marth doesn't get attacked by two Bishops. Because the map only allows me to deploy 12 units, that unit also has to use the map save in the top-right corner on turn 6. This requires 10 mov, so it has to be a Dracoknight, as Paladins have too much Res, so the Swarm!Bishop attacks Marth on turn 3 and isn't within Jake's and Beck's range on turn 4. Other Dracoknights weren't viable for this task because after they get hit by the first Swarm, they would have too few HP left to survive with just a Pure Water and a Fortify from Lena, whereas Catria does due to her +4 personal HP. It's necessary to use a Pure Water and not a Vulnerary to heal them because otherwise they have less Res than Jake and Beck, making the Bishop stand outside of their range on turn 5.

Stats:

DEAD: Matthis, Vyland, Midia, Catria

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 35 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 53 wexp

Palla: Promotion at level 10, 2 Seraph Robes, 6 Speedwings, 1 Dracoshield, 2 Goddess Icons, 1 Arms Scroll, A lances, D Axes

Roger: Promotion at level 10, C lances + 3 wexp

Lena: Promotion at level 13, A staves (Bishop) / B staves + 46 wexp (Sage)

Wendell: 2 Spirit Dusts, C staves + 15 wexp (Bishop), C lances + 13 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Jake: 2 Energy Drops, 3 Secret Books

Beck: 3 Energy Drops

Astram: C axes + 5 wexp (Warrior / Berserker)

Jagen: A lances

Merric-Wendell support: 18 points (+10 hit/avo, +5 crit/critevade)

Bord-Barst support: 12 points (+10 hit/avo)

Ogma-Barst support: 10 points (+10 hit/avo)

Marth-Beck support: 10 points (+5 hit/avo)

Shiida-Jake support: 9 points (+5 hit/avo)

So you've sacrificed Catria so that Jagen may live to Gradivus another day? B-but the Jagen archetype is supposed to be obsolete after chapter five! :lol:

Chapter 24 is done in 4 turns (138 in total).

Preparations and Shopping:

Promoted Elice.

Sold 4 Silver Lance, 7 Javelin, 1 Hoistflamme, 4 Thunderbolt, 1 Mend, 1 Physic, 18 Barrier, 15 Vulnerary, 14 Pure Water, 1 Talisman, 1 Master Seal, 1 Bullion (M) (+15428G).

Forged +2 mt, +29 hit Dragonpike named DragonOOF (-16065G)

Money remaining: 760G.

This chapter is much easier than it looks. There are 3 dragons with 24 and 26 speed right between the starting positions, along with two Brave Bow!Snipers, similar to those in C23. However, there is a mountain range between Marth and that area, so Marth's fastest path to the gate takes 4 turns, whereas a Dracoknight can fly past the enemy formation in just 1 turn, so they can bait the enemies away to make sure Marth isn't in danger once he crosses the mountain. The same mountain range allows Marth not to be in range of any snipers on turn 1, so Jake and Beck can 2HKO one per turn with the Take this!! to protect Marth.

To make this possible, the flying bait needs to tank a hit from a Thoron!Bishop on turn 1, who has 30 atk, so I promoted Elice with a Master Seal from the previous chapter because she has 22 HP as a Dracoknight, allowing her to tank a hit with the +7 Res from Barrier, unlike Jagen, Shiida and Boah. (Alternatives would've been Midia and Catria, but they're dead, and promoting Hardin)

After the baiting strats, there were only one Bishop, 1 generic Fire Dragon and the boss left. A +2 Dragonpike and a Ballista + Marth could take care of that, so I sold my remaining Vulneraries and Pure Waters to forge as much hit as possible on the Dragonpike.

There is a secret shop in the bottom-left corner and I could've just fielded Dracoknight!Boah to go town there, but I don't have any money nor do I need any statboosters. 4 deployment slots weren't used at all here.

Stats:

DEAD: Matthis, Vyland, Midia, Catria

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 35 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 53 wexp

Palla: Promotion at level 10, 2 Seraph Robes, 6 Speedwings, 1 Dracoshield, 2 Goddess Icons, 1 Arms Scroll, A lances, D Axes

Roger: Promotion at level 10, C lances + 3 wexp

Lena: Promotion at level 13, A staves (Bishop) / B staves + 46 wexp (Sage)

Wendell: 2 Spirit Dusts, C staves + 15 wexp (Bishop), C lances + 13 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Elice: Promotion at level 10.

Jake: 2 Energy Drops, 3 Secret Books

Beck: 3 Energy Drops

Astram: C axes + 5 wexp (Warrior / Berserker)

Jagen: A lances

Merric-Wendell support: 18 points (+10 hit/avo, +5 crit/critevade)

Bord-Barst support: 12 points (+10 hit/avo)

Ogma-Barst support: 10 points (+10 hit/avo)

Marth-Beck support: 11 points (+10 hit/avo)

Shiida-Jake support: 10 points (+10 hit/avo)

Endgame is done in 1 turn.

Final turncount: 139

This chapter looks very hard, but has a decisive weakness: the objective is kill boss and Jake and Beck can attack Medeus on turn 1. With the Take this!!, they killed him with two crits, using the map save to rig them separately. Each crit has a chance of around 6%.

That concludes this run, with a final turncount of 139. I don't think the run could've been any faster at the level of reliability that I'm playing with, although it's theoretically possible to get lower turncounts in a few chapters (C1 and 2 by rigging crits and C4, 13 and 14 by skipping Wendell, Beck, Catria or Palla, and C19 with more rigging aswell). The hardest chapters of the run were 1, 3, 16, 18, 22 and 23. The most important units were Jagen, Shiida, Lena, Wendell, Palla, Xane and the Ballistae.

Battles:
1. Jagen 74B
2. Shiida 66B
3. Wendell 63B
4. Barst 59B
5. Palla 57B

Wins:
1. Shiida 42W
2. Barst 31W
3. Jagen 25W
4. Palla 23W
5. Catria & Merric 15W

Edited by Gradivus.

binged the endgame

I think my fav part of this run was how much use you got out of Merric. I get that it was necessary for the support but hey, it's still Merric use!

Big congrats on finishing, was very fun to follow in the midgame and early lategame.

Edited by Irysa