FE11 H5 0% growths warpless LTC

Gradivus.

Chapter 11 is done in 9 turns (67 in total)

Preparations and Shopping:

Promoted Shiida.

Forged +1 mt, +5 crit Levin Sword, named Lucky Levin (-3466G).

Money remaining: 32742G.

Promoting Shiida gave her a much-needed boost in durability. As a Pegasus Knight, she was OHKOed by all enemies with 23 Atk or higher; with the +4 HP and +5 Def as a Dracoknight, she can now survive anything up to 31 Atk. The extra Str is also helpful, as it significantly reduces the amount of chip damage she needs to kill Cavaliers and allows her to use weapons other than Wing Spear effectively. The +2 Mov is also very useful. Overall, Pegasus Knight -> Dracoknight is an extremely good promotion.

This chapter is typically pretty boring, since none of the enemies except two Pegasus Knights and a Thief move from the start and the boss area and the Mercenaries are easy to take care of by taking them slowly. In this run, that isn't much different, but I had to use some positioning tricks to get through it quickly and achieve all the side objectives. I used Shiida to kill the Cavaliers one by one and put Jagen behind the Thunderbolt!Ballista to bait the Horseman safely. Wendell then killed that Ballista with a Levin Sword crit (the forge is inspired by the one dondon used for the C13 boss) and baited the Sniper. This took some rigging; Wendell had to crit once in two attacks at 10 crit, not get critted at 31 crit and crit the Sniper once in 4 attacks, with two attempts at 10 crit and two attempts at 25 crit. The overall chance for that was around 7%.

Then, Marth and Merric had to dodge a Stonehoist each, Shiida had to hit twice against the Cavalier on the gate and Merric or Wendell had to crit the Manakete boss, so after succeeding to kill the Ballista and the Sniper, I immediately used another map save. These events had a chance of 7.7%.

I could've simply ignored the four Mercenaries that Wolf, Barst and Roger dealt with from turns 6 to 8 and visited Anna's house on turn 9, but then Jake would've wasted an Arrowspate use by attacking Marth, so I baited the Mercenaries away from the house and visited it on turn 8 to recruit Jake earlier.

Wendell received a Spirit Dust here, right after Jagen obtains it from the Sniper. This is important for some strategies in the future and made the killing the Manakete here more reliable; otherwise, only a Merric or Jagen crit could've killed him. Killing the boss also yielded an Energy Drop.

New units: Jake is extremely good just because he can attack from afar. That will be indispensable in almost all chapters from now on. Linde was skipped; she has 20 Atk with the Aura, so she can be a useful filler if you recruit her, but she costs 4 turns, so she isn't worth recruiting.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 3 wexp

Barst: 9.61, C axes + 23 wexp

Roger: 8.27, D lances + 6 wexp

Lena: 11.04, B staves + 22 wexp

Wendell: 1 Spirit Dust, D staves + 34 wexp (Bishop), D lances + 22 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Jagen: A lances

Merric-Wendell support: 7 points (+5 hit/avo)

Bord-Barst support: 8 points (+5 hit/avo)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the low % crits at the end of the map were hilarious, especially since it seemed like only 3 were necessary (maybe I miscounted though).

Chapter 12 is done in 6 turns (73 in total).

Used Energy Drop on Jake.

Forged +2 mt, +15 hit Arrowspate, named Haarspate (-5000G).

Money remaining: 27742G.

This map features pretty few enemies and a frail boss, but it isn't easy to LTC. The biggest problems are the Sniper and the Boots chest, the latter of which is far behind the throne and the former can ORKO most player units and stands behind a door at the start.

However, there is an easy way to deal with the sniper: make him move 1 tile to the left and corner him afterwards. Conveniently, Paladin!Wendell can reach the tile necessary for that on turn 3. On turn 4, Wendell blocked the Sniper and killed a Curate, using the Gungnir. This Curate was one of the reasons I forged +3 mt on the Gungnir (and I forgot to check at the start, but the kill would've failed in the unlikely case of him having 25 HP and 5 Def). Jake and Jagen then ganged up on the boss and Shiida moved through. The second Curate is useful because he allowed Navarre to stand within range of the enemy Cavaliers, but blocked them from actually attacking him. I still had to kill the Paladin, Heimler, for a Master Seal, so I baited him with Wendell on turn 5.

The Cavalier + Horseman reinforcements are pretty annoying because they threaten to move towards Jake. Even with Merric and Knights!Barst and Roger standing just outside of their movement range, it the second Cav would choose randomly to move towards Jake or into the palace.

I had to kill off Dolph and Macellan because they can't be saved without slowing down. I did keep Tomas alive, though.

The boots will obviously go to Marth because it's the only way to speed up his arrival at thrones or gates when the warp staff isn't available. The other treasure chests that I got contain three very important items, a Master Seal, an Arms Scroll and a 20000G Bullion, and a Silver Sword that sells for 1000G.

New units: Midia is Jagen with +2 HP and +1 Spd, but with only C lances. She is still viable because she can use Ridersbanes and has 10 mov with flight as a Dracoknight. Boah is 2 points slower than Wendell, but he can use Physic at base, and use Excalibur as a Bishop, so he will be very useful. Tomas is 200 exp and 30 wexp away from promoting to Sniper and using Parthia there. There's a chapter where I might need such a sniper, but it's unlikely, so he'll probably get benched.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 5 wexp

Barst: 10.13, C axes + 23 wexp

Roger: 9.00, D lances + 12 wexp

Lena: 11.62, B staves + 26 wexp

Wendell: 1 Spirit Dust, D staves + 34 wexp (Bishop), D lances + 32 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Merric-Wendell support: 8 points (+5 hit/avo)

Bord-Barst support: 8 points (+5 hit/avo)

Just noticed you gave Wendell the Spirit Dust, I see what you're planning now.

Also damn, Jake putting in the work already.  I'm surprised you got the Boots so easily considering the swarm of enemies around there.

Chapter 13 is done in 5 turns (78 in total).

Used Boots on Marth. Promoted Barst.

Sold Bullion (L), forged +1 mt Steel Bow named Steel Bait (+19230G).

Money remaining: 46972G.

This chapter is full of ballistae and you are forced to split up your team in 3 groups. First of all, I gave Marth the boots, allowing him to move at the speed of a Cavalier from now on. This already saves two turns here, as the way from Marth's starting position to Beck's village plus the way from the village to the castle cost 7 turns without the boots, and it'll keep saving turns at that rate.

Then, I promoted Barst with the new Master Seal from chapter 12 and threw the other Master Seal into the convoy for later. The Master Seal allowed him to reclass to Horseman and make use of his great base stats to chip down Ballistae. The best benefit of this promotion is Hero, giving him +5 Spd and +3 Def compared to Fighter. That means that he won't have to worry about being doubled for the next few chapters, not even by fast enemies such as Dracoknights and Snipers.

In this chapter, the obvious goal is to kill the dangerous ballistae as soon as possible because they can easily gang up on your units if they are nearby. It's a viable tactic to kill the stonehoists last and rig one or two dodges if you have to because they have 53 hit before accounting for your avoid. On turn 1, the stonehoist ballista did something unusual: it attacked Lena over Marth, even though Marth would've died to a hit. That's probably because the hitrate against Lena is higher, as Lena has 12 avoid and Marth with the B support from Shiida has 20. Since Lena was at the edge of that ballista's range, this caused the ballista to move forward as far as possible, allowing Ogma to attack it without getting killed by Astram on the next turn.

Beck's Thunderbolt facilitated 4 kills against Ballisticians here, only needing a small amount of chip damage that can be dealt by units like Ogma and Hardin, or Jake with the Haarspate, which I used on turn 1 because Thunderbolt wasn't available yet. Normal magic is also very strong against Ballisticians because they have 0 Res. Boah could ORKO them with Excalibur and Wendell dealt a lot of damage with Levin Swords.

Killing the Thieves on turn 3 was very important because they go aggressive after Marth visits the village. Javelin!Jagen + Steel Lance!Midia and Silver Lance!Shiida + Marth killed the Thieves.

Against the boss, I copied dondon's strat of giving Astram a +1 mt Levin Sword so he can kill with a crit + hit. Since I didn't finish the map the same turn as Astram kills the boss, he had to dodge the Stonehoist and then hid from the Ballistae to the left of Grigas by going on a tile that's 2 tiles away from both.

Another interesting thing about this chapter is that ballistae sometimes don't attack your units. This happened twice here; the Stonehoist!Ballistae above Astram didn't attack Ogma on turn 2 and the Hoistflamme!Ballistician Wendell attacked on turn 2 didn't attack him when he was on the edge of his range. This saved me some rigging for Stonehoist dodges.

New units: Beck is really good, much like Jake but with higher hitrates. Astram is usable for the next few chapters, having 8 mov, 14 speed and being able to use Silver Swords. I'll also have him use an axe 8 times (already got 2 of those on this map) so he has C axes as a Berserker or Warrior, which might come in handy.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 9 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 23 wexp

Roger: 9.00, D lances + 12 wexp

Lena: 11.92, B staves + 30 wexp

Wendell: 1 Spirit Dust, D staves + 34 wexp (Bishop), D lances + 32 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Jake: 1 Energy Drop

Astram: D axes + 34 wexp (Warrior / Berserker)

Merric-Wendell support: 9 points (+5 hit/avo)

Bord-Barst support: 9 points (+5 hit/avo)

Edited by Gradivus.

That clear was CLEAN.  I've always hated that chapter, so it felt good seeing it being fairly reliably destroyed (second to last turn notwithstanding, but there's not really any way to reliably kill that guy in LTC).

Chapter 14 is done in 8 turns (86 in total).

Bought 1 Thunder, 1 Heal, 3 Door Keys, 10 Vulneraries, 7 Pure Waters, 7 Silver Lances and 8 Ridersbanes, with Silver Card (-17760G).

Money remaining: 29212G.

This chapter can't be done any faster than 8 turns because Marth has to recruit Catria and Palla, so I didn't have to rush at a breakneck pace here. Roger went Dark Mage because it's the best way for him to deal damage. Wendell used a staff 6 times, giving him C staves as a Bishop, and Palla got the bosskill.

I got the Silver Card here and used it to buy way more than I can see myself needing anytime in the future. If I have overkill items and need money at some point, I can just sell them and get exactly as much back as I spent on them here.

New units: Palla and Catria are both pretty solid, Palla being better because she has 2 HP, 1 Str and 60 wexp more and starts at level 8, whereas Catria comes at level 5. I'm going to promote Palla as soon as possible and give her some statboosters to improve her performance. Catria will be promoted aswell.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 15 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 33 wexp

Palla: 8.90, B lances + 2 wexp

Catria: 5.00, C lances

Roger: 9.86, D lances + 12 wexp

Lena: 11.92, B staves + 30 wexp

Wendell: 1 Spirit Dust, C staves + 1 wexp (Bishop), D lances + 32 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Astram: D axes + 36 wexp (Warrior / Berserker)

Merric-Wendell support: 10 points (+10 hit/avo)

Bord-Barst support: 9 points (+5 hit/avo)

Chapter 15 is done in 5 turns (91 in total).

Used Seraph Robe, Speedwing and Goddess Icon on Palla.

Sold Bullion (S) (+10000G).

Money remaining: 39212G.

This chapter features few but annoying enemies. There are two Javelin!Dracoknights capable of ORKOing Marth that overlap with his position on turn 2, so I have to shield him from them with 3 units that don't get killed, here Shiida, Astram and Barst. Because both Dracoknights attacking one of them results in death, Boah had to bait the first one away and kill him with Excalibur.

There are also some mages to the left that Wendell, Palla and Catria killed. They are pretty easy to kill thanks to Bolganone's Weight, but their Atk still allows them threaten members of my team if I don't defeat them as soon as possible.

Gharnef can't be defeated here, and almost noone in my team can survive a round against him, so Midia baited him back to his starting position from turn 3 on, allowing Barst to kill the Thief for his Recover staff. Midia also got an Energy Drop and a Talisman, the latter of which will probably be sold.

Palla hit her promotion level here and Catria covered 1/4 of the way to her promotion. I noticed that the Ogma-Barst support might hit B when I need it, so I fielded Ogma here and included their support in the stats (Ogma and Barst were also fielded together in chapters 2, 3, 4, 9, 11 and 13).

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 15 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 35 wexp

Palla: 10.10, 1 Seraph Robe, 1 Speedwing, 1 Goddess Icon, B lances + 10 wexp

Catria: 6.34, C lances + 8 wexp

Lena: 12.46, B staves + 34 wexp

Wendell: 1 Spirit Dust, C staves + 1 wexp (Bishop), D lances + 38 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Astram: D axes + 38 wexp (Warrior / Berserker)

Merric-Wendell support: 11 points (+10 hit/avo)

Bord-Barst support: 10 points (+5 hit/avo)

Ogma-Barst support: 7 points (+5 hit/avo)

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 16 is done in 6 turns (97 in total).

Promoted Palla, used Arms Scroll on Palla for D axes as a Dracoknight. Used Energy Drop on Beck.

Forged +3 mt, +10 hit Ridersbane named RidersOOF (-6000G).

Money remaining: 33212G.

This chapter was pretty hard. First, I checked the stats of 3 enemies: a Dracoknight who must have 3 Res, a Silver Sword!Cav so he doesn't have the rare 36 HP and 10 Def and the Levin Sword!Hero so he doesn't have 41 HP and 10 Def.

Midia filled a crucial role here: baiting enemies to the left. Without that, the map would've been way more complicated or even impossible to 6-turn because I can't take on all that cavalry at once. To make the Cavaliers go left, on top of the Horsemen, they need a target they can ORKO, otherwise they just go for Palla, so Midia equipped a Ridersbane, weighing her down just enough so the Cavs double and ORKO her. It is also necessary that Palla has the FE6 equipped because it reduces the Cavaliers' hitrates to around 79 hit with their lances, making the AI prefer Midia as a target.

Another tricky section of the map is the prison. Xane has to be recruited on turn 2 while Marth stands in front of the door. That means that nobody can attack the Silver Sword!Hero at 1-range or Xane's way to Marth is blocked, so I kill him with 4 ballista hits. The Fortify!Curate only uses his staff if there are enemies below half HP, so I used weaker Ballistae to chip the Hero on turn 1 and finished him off with two Haarspate hits on turn 2. If the Hero has 9 Def, the chip damage is done with Hoistflamme + Thunderbolt, if he has 10 Def I use Hoistflamme twice. Catria is only 146 exp short of promoting now.

Added the Marth-Beck and Shiida-Jake supports to the stat box because they're important later on. Marth and Beck were together in chapters 13-16, whereas Shiida and Jake were fielded together in chapters 11, 12, 13 and 16.

New units: Xane is going to be essential on every map by copying my most useful units. I skipped Arran and Samson because they cost 4 turns or so. Either one of them would be pretty solid compared to the rest of my units, but I don't exactly miss them either.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 23 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 35 wexp

Palla: Promotion at level 10, 1 Seraph Robe, 1 Speedwing, 1 Goddess Icon, 1 Arms Scroll, B lances + 48 wexp, D Axes

Catria: 8.54, C lances + 14 wexp

Lena: 13.42, B staves + 42 wexp

Wendell: 1 Spirit Dust, C staves + 1 wexp (Bishop), C lances + 7 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Beck: 1 Energy Drop

Astram: D axes + 42 wexp (Warrior / Berserker)

Merric-Wendell support: 12 points (+10 hit/avo)

Bord-Barst support: 10 points (+5 hit/avo)

Ogma-Barst support: 7 points (+5 hit/avo)

Marth-Beck support: 4 points

Shiida-Jake support: 4 points

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 17 is done in 3 turns (100 in total).

Promoted Lena, used Dracoshield on Palla.

Bought 1 Killer Lance, 1 Dragonpike, 1 Killer Axe, 3 Poleaxes and 2 Longbows with the Silver Card (-5850G).

Money remaining: 27362G.

A pretty simple chapter. I managed to fulfil a few side objectives here: Astram now has C axes as a Warrior, the Bord-Barst support arrived at +10 hit/avo, meaning I don't have to field Bord any longer to build it, and Ogma and Merric could be fielded to continue building supports even though they don't do anything significant.

Decided against forging any weapon to improve the bosskill because the chance of success is around 7% and it's backed by a map save, so I prefer to save money for other forges. Bought a bunch of items more than I need because much like in C14, I buy them for half the price, so I don't lose any money if I sell them again.

Rigged a crit with Wendell on turn 2 because both Bishops had to be killed on turn 2 PP, or they would heal the boss with their Fortify staves and make the bosskill strategy impossible.

Lena was promoted so she can use the Fortify from the next map on, and Palla got a Dracoshield, which is necessary in most chapters from now on.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 17 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 39 wexp

Palla: Promotion at level 10, 1 Seraph Robe, 1 Speedwing, 1 Dracoshield, 1 Goddess Icon, 1 Arms Scroll, B lances + 54 wexp, D Axes

Catria: 9.21, C lances + 16 wexp

Lena: Promotion at level 13, A staves (Bishop) / B staves + 46 wexp (Sage)

Wendell: 1 Spirit Dust, C staves + 1 wexp (Bishop), C lances + 7 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Astram: C axes + 1 wexp (Warrior / Berserker)

Merric-Wendell support: 13 points (+10 hit/avo)

Bord-Barst support: 11 points (+10 hit/avo)

Ogma-Barst support: 8 points (+5 hit/avo)

Marth-Beck support: 4 points

Shiida-Jake support: 5 points (+5 hit/avo)

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 18 is done in 6 turns (106 in total).

Used Speedwing on Palla.

Forged +1 mt, +6 hit Poleax named Polish Axe (-1785G).

Money remaining: 25577G.

Another very hard chapter. Much like in chapter 16, there are an overwhelming number of Cavaliers charging at you here. However, Palla can now ORKO Cavs easily due to the second Speedwing and so can Xane when transformed into her. I also have Poleaxes now, which Barst and Warrior!Astram can use.

The only enemies moving on their own are the 6 cavaliers that I take on over the course of turns 2 and 3. I used Astram's and Barst's lower Defense (Astram also faced 3 crit, Barst 1 and Xane none) to make sure the 2 Javelin!Cavs target them over Xane because Xane would've died had another Cavalier attacked him.

The other 3 groups of enemies are stationary until a player unit enters their range. Protecting Marth is challenging because he has to cross through those units' range on his way to the throne, forcing me to deal with them before he gets there. Wendell played a crucial role here for baiting the Cavaliers and the Paladin on the central island to the right, trivializing them for the rest of the chapter.

Palla had to pull the 2 Horsemen + 2 Cavaliers + Paladin group in the bottom area on turn 3 to make sure Marth isn't under fire on turn 4 because their starting ranges overlap with where Marth has to be on turn 4. Since I don't have the firepower to kill them all at once, the strategy used only makes two enemies move to the left, allowing me to kill them on PP4, while the other enemies are taken care of later on. Fortunately, Palla can barely survive a Silver Bow with Seraph Robe + Dracoshield, otherwise this strategy would've been impossible.

The part after the first map save was very sketchy - it involved a grand total of twenty hits between 78 and 95 true hit, and Xane had to not get crit by the first Cavalier attacking him on turn 2, who pulled 19 crit with a forged Killing Edge. The chance of success there is roughly 7%.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 25 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 45 wexp

Palla: Promotion at level 10, 1 Seraph Robe, 2 Speedwings, 1 Dracoshield, 1 Goddess Icon, 1 Arms Scroll, A lances, D Axes

Catria: 10.24, C lances + 20 wexp

Wendell: 1 Spirit Dust, C staves + 1 wexp (Bishop), C lances + 11 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Astram: C axes + 5 wexp (Warrior / Berserker)

Merric-Wendell support: 13 points (+10 hit/avo)

Ogma-Barst support: 9 points (+5 hit/avo)

Marth-Beck support: 5 points (+5 hit/avo)

Shiida-Jake support: 6 points (+5 hit/avo)

This was a really impressive and fun chapter to watch! So many small things going on constantly, with the distraction tactics, exact KOs, trading important weapons, blocking enemies in on themselves...it feels like you pulled out all the stops. Really masterful.

Edited by Irysa

Chapter 19 is done in 5 turns (111 in total).

Promoted Catria.

No expenditures or sellings.

Money remaining: 25577G.

This chapter's main enemies are Mercenaries and Heroes. What distinguishes them from the enemies on other maps is that there are no effective weapons against them, so I used chip damage to 3-4HKO them.

Marth can theoretically get to the throne in 4 turns, but I don't see a way to do it in 0% without missing out on crucial items that ultimately save turns. That is only possible in the PAL version (with the 1-mov throne). I still made use of the 1-mov throne here by parking Marth 9 tiles away from the throne so he isn't within range of any mages. The same strategy would be possible with a 2-mov throne, but Marth would have to dodge a mage, facing 76 hit, as opposed to Wendell having to dodge one out of two mages at 61 hit (thanks to the B support with Marth, which is active after 11 chapters, and Wendell has been fielded for 15).

The chapter contains a lot of useful treasure:

• Sellable items: bullion (XL) nets 30000G and there are also a Silver Sword, a Bolganone and a Pure Water to sell

• Statboosters: Seraph Robe, Speedwings and Spirit Dust are all very important later on. You'll see pretty soon who gets them if you don't know already.

• Lightsphere and Starsphere: Starsphere allows a unit to use their weapons without using up weapon uses, so it's very good. Lightsphere is pretty mediocre since there are pretty few enemies that have terrain bonuses. I have to hand in both of those in the middle of C22, so unfortunately they won't be there for a long time.

• Geosphere: it deals 13 damage to every player and enemy unit. When using fortify so the player units don't die, that allows me to do 39 damage to all enemies on the map. You can guess where I'll make use of that.

New units: Forgot to talk about the generic Pegasus Knight last chapter, so I'll do it now. Est was skipped because she costs 3 turns and has the same stats as Pegasus Knight!Shiida, but cannot use the Wing Spear and takes an awful amount of exp to promote. She enables Catria or Palla to get guaranteed crits with the triangle attack, but that is not worth giving up 3 turns for. Recruiting Tiki was also impossible because I didn't get the character necessary for it, Bantu. This forced me to kill her here because she blocks the throne until she is recruited or killed. She has 31 atk, which is decent, but cannot use effective weapons against cavalry, fliers or generals, so she's a pretty mediocre unit.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 25 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 45 wexp

Palla: Promotion at level 10, 1 Seraph Robe, 2 Speedwings, 1 Dracoshield, 1 Goddess Icon, 1 Arms Scroll, A lances wexp, D Axes

Catria: Promotion at level 10, C lances + 50 wexp

Roger: 10.23, D lances + 14 wexp

Wendell: 1 Spirit Dust, C staves + 1 wexp (Bishop), C lances + 13 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Merric-Wendell support: 14 points (+10 hit/avo)

Ogma-Barst support: 9 points (+5 hit/avo)

Marth-Beck support: 6 points (+5 hit/avo)

Shiida-Jake support: 6 points (+5 hit/avo)

Chapter 20 is done in 5 turns (116 in total).

Promoted Roger.

Sold Bullion (XL) and 13 Bolganone (+30845G).

Money remaining: 56422G.

From this chapter on, almost all enemies have Brave weapons. Most units that used to survive a Silver Lance hit reliably, such as Barst, Shiida and Astram, can't tank 2 Brave weapon hits. However, brave weapons are pretty inaccurate, so Barst with the Bord B + Ogma C supports only faced 47 hit, giving him an 80% chance to dodge at least one hit (this would've been even better had I fielded Ogma instead of Wolf in C7, since his support for Barst would've reached B then).

There are two groups of Paladins here: one with 3 brave sword users and one with 4 brave lances. Of the latter, only two move at the start, so Midia and Matthis baited them so they don't kill my Ballisticians. Matthis died in the process, his only way to do anything useful. Palla brought down two of the Brave Sword!Paladins to just over half HP on turn 1, allowing me to kill all three of them on turn 2.

The next threat is the area near Camus: he has 21 speed and 42 atk, allowing him to kill almost everyone in my team. He is also teamed up with a Pachyderm!Ballista and a General. Palla needed a 3rd Speedwing so Xane doesn't get doubled and ORKOed by Camus.

Killing Camus yields the Gradivus, which is a very good weapon, featuring 19 mt, 1-2 range and 90 hit. I immediately made use of it to kill the Pachyderm!Ballistician and the General, using the Starsphere so it doesn't get used up.

I also got the Pachyderm here, which has 18 mt and 70 hit. Due to Brave weapons and the high HP of the enemies, having a hard-hitting ballista like that will be more valuable than ever before.

New units: Lorenz is a General with poor stats, but great weapon ranks. He is the only unit in my team that can use a Silver Bow, and at least isn't ORKOed by Javelins, so he will have some uses in the next few chapters.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 29 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 49 wexp

Palla: Promotion at level 10, 2 Seraph Robes, 3 Speedwings, 1 Dracoshield, 1 Goddess Icon, 1 Arms Scroll, A lances, D Axes

Catria: Promotion at level 10, C lances + 56 wexp

Roger: Promotion at level 10, D lances + 44 wexp

Wendell: 2 Spirit Dusts, C staves + 5 wexp (Bishop), C lances + 13 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Merric-Wendell support: 15 points (+10 hit/avo)

Ogma-Barst support: 10 points (+10 hit/avo)

Marth-Beck support: 7 points (+5 hit/avo)

Shiida-Jake support: 7 points (+5 hit/avo)

Edited by Gradivus.

The Lightsphere negates throne bonuses, making the likes of Chapter 24 a lot less headache-inducing.  I've also used it for some Medeus shenanigans.

RIP Mathis. By using a save point once, you contributed more than I would ever have imagined.

I still can't get over the fact that Roger is going to contribute to an LTC run. :D

Chapter 21 is done in 3 turns (119 in total).

Bought 3 Energy Drops, 3 Secret Books, 3 Speedwings and 1 Goddess Icon with Silver Card (-12500G).

Money remaining: 43922G.

A very tough chapter. The Geosphere was central to this strategy - I had to use all 3 uses. Because I can't heal enough damage to use it 3 times on the same turn, I had to use it once on turn 1 and twice on turn 2. The Geosphere killed the two Mages near the castle and softened up most of the enemies so they can be killed in one hit. Palla used the FE6 to bring the Dracoknights down to 26 HP, allowing the remaining 2 Geosphere uses to finish them off.

Roger came in handy here: since the Generals have 10-11 speed and 27-28 Atk with their Brave Lances, everyone except Palla or a General with 8 or more Spd is ORKOed. As Palla is busy dealing with the Dracoknights, I use Roger for this, who has 9 Spd as a General. Without anyone tanking the General, Jake would be in range on turn 1 and get killed.

I had to rig a lot of stat rolls for this strategy: the General attacking Barst needed to have 10 Spd, otherwise he wouldn't be ORKOed on counterattack and the Curate would use Fortify, ruining my strategy. The 3 Dracoknights attacking Palla needed to have 48 HP and 13 Def (fortunately both of those are pretty likely) so they are brought down to 26 HP and not 27 or 28, which would prevent the next two Geosphere uses from killing them. The right-most General needed not to have 58 HP and 17 Def, or Bord would fall 1 point short of killing with Hammer.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 31 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 53 wexp

Palla: Promotion at level 10, 2 Seraph Robes, 3 Speedwings, 1 Dracoshield, 1 Goddess Icon, 1 Arms Scroll, A lances, D Axes

Catria: Promotion at level 10, B lances

Roger: Promotion at level 10, C lances + 3 wexp

Wendell: 2 Spirit Dusts, C staves + 9 wexp (Bishop), C lances + 13 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Merric-Wendell support: 16 points (+10 hit/avo, +5 crit/critevade)

Bord-Barst support: 12 points (+10 hit/avo)

Marth-Beck support: 8 points (+5 hit/avo)

Shiida-Jake support: 8 points (+5 hit/avo)

Edited by Gradivus.

Roger and Bord going the distance!

This playthrough is legendary

It's like you took the one dumb dream scenario I had of Wendy x Lilina actually helping to save a turn in FE6 and turned it into reality in FE11

auuu

Edited by Irysa

• 5 weeks later...

Chapter 22 is done in 8 turns (127 in total).

Used 2 Speedwings and 1 Goddess Icon on Palla, 1 Energy Drop on Jake and Beck each and 3 Secret Books on Jake.

Sold 412 Iron Sword, 119 Steel Sword, 114 Silver Sword, 7 Killing Edge, 27 Levin Sword, 15 Wyrmslayer, 35 Armorslayer, 25 Rapier, 139 Iron Lance, 48 Steel Lance, 140 Silver Lance, 38 Killer Lance, 162 Ridersbane, 13 Wing Spear, 15 Dragonpike, 42 Iron Axe, 54 Steel Axe, 20 Silver Axe, 19 Hand Axe, 20 Killer Axe, 41 Poleax, 91 Iron Bow, 34 Steel Bow, 19 Silver Bow, 38 Killer Bow, 25 Longbow, 40 Stonehoist, 31 Thunder, 10 Bolganone, 29 Heal, 11 Recover, 6 Pure Water, 1 Talisman, 1 Master Seal (+43355G).

Forged +9 mt, +15 hit, +9 crit Pachyderm named Take this!! (-87000G).

Money remaining: 277G.

This one was a major pain, it almost took a full month. Initially, I tried to bait all the fliers down the left with a bait unit like Midia, but the AI didn't comply with that, so I came up with this strat. Xane and Palla had to put in a lot of work tanking and killing the enemies, I barely managed to meet all the damage quotas.

Palla now has 23 speed, which allows her to double a much wider range of enemies. There is still one Speedwing remaining, which she'll get aswell to have 25 speed as a Paladin. I rigged a Horseman to have 19 speed on turn 1 so Palla can double him.

On turn 2, a Dracoknight and a Pegasus Knight moved left. There's a 50-50 chance the Pegasus Knight moves differently on turn 1, making her move to the right on turn 2. This would've forced me to use Roshea as a sacrifice aswell, and Catria + Barst would've killed the Pegasus Knight in that case. The reason those sacrifice strategies work is something that occurred in C13 already: if the enemy can kill a player unit, they don't discriminate between Marth and other units, even though killing the former causes a game over. Marth on a forest tile and with Shiida support has 30 avo compared to Vyland's 7, so the enemies prefer to kill Vyland.

The Pachyderm forge might seem weird and unnecessarily expensive, but I definitely want every point of hit and crit I can afford and +9 mt is absolutely necessary for a future strategy. This forced me to plan out my finances very carefully throughout the playthrough.

Stats:

Shiida: Promotion at level 11, B lances + 35 wexp

Barst: Promotion at level 10, C axes + 53 wexp

Palla: Promotion at level 10, 2 Seraph Robes, 5 Speedwings, 1 Dracoshield, 2 Goddess Icons, 1 Arms Scroll, A lances, D Axes

Catria: Promotion at level 10, B lances

Roger: Promotion at level 10, C lances + 3 wexp

Wendell: 2 Spirit Dusts, C staves + 15 wexp (Bishop), C lances + 13 wexp (Paladin / Draco)

Jake: 2 Energy Drops, 3 Secret Books

Beck: 2 Energy Drops

Merric-Wendell support: 17 points (+10 hit/avo, +5 crit/critevade)

Bord-Barst support: 12 points (+10 hit/avo)

Marth-Beck support: 9 points (+5 hit/avo)

Shiida-Jake support: 9 points (+5 hit/avo)

Edited by Gradivus.