169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have all the currently-available characters I really want, so I say Ike.

A nice alternative would be Zelgius. Not too big of a deal with BK already available, but he's a neat upgrade.

Hmm, my top 5 most wanted units in the game would be Horse Eirika, Ayra, Bike, Elise and either of the armoured mages (cheating I know). But voting for any of them would probably be pointless and the smarter thing might be to try to separate the likely top choices instead to get one I don't already have.

Least wanted would be Luke, who looks like he belongs in a Chinese knock-off of FEH.

Between Beefcake Ike and Hector, I'll have to go with Ike, we're going to see more and more native DC units over the next year so I'm not too fussed about getting more Hectors. Besides, it feels kind of bad to fodder away the free gift. It'd be weird too, getting another neutral Hector. I've only ever pulled two of him, and both were neutral.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I already have all the currently-available characters I really want, so I say Ike.

A nice alternative would be Zelgius. Not too big of a deal with BK already available, but he's a neat upgrade.

I'd like a Zelgius, as mine came with fuck you IVs :lol:. But let's face it, Ike has proven more popular than Zelgius, specially if a new version is extremely sought for, so I suggest not waste your vote on Zelgius 

B!Ike, Hector, RD!Ike and C!Robin are the only ones I see as good enough for everyone. They are great units and great fodder too!

For my part I'm going to vote for C!Robin because I really want to give Eirikalter Brazen Atk/Spd (+10 Atk/Spd is just sooo good to pass). 

I want to vote for Myrrh (if only I knew she would win so I can save my orbs on her banner) but Hector would be welcome as well. I'm not as keen on RD!Ike. I have two versions of him already.

I vote for Elise so I don't have to waste time pulling colourless. And she's pretty much the best staff user right now, so there's that.

Hector for more DC is an objectively good idea although I refuse to vote for Hector in what is nominally a favourites contest on principle.

I will vote for Hector or H!Jakob.  I will probably go with Hector since he has a good shot and DC is a skill I want very much, plus I have yet to get him and he is my favorite lord.

I'm pretty set on Hector, the bastard who doesn't show up ever, I need DC at least once and because other units aren't really that meaningful for me if I don't become a whale with a plethora of skills to inherit (where full tactics team would be really fun in the future).

However, I'm ready for my 5* Bartre, who I'll gladly fodder off for his Fury 3.

14 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Indeed, a very smart choice would be someone like Airzura, but unfortunately people won't make rational decisions.

picking rare over practical is just plain stupid, everyone can use hector to some degree, I don't normally use dancers(I also don't like azura), but I can use distant counter, even if you absolutely detest hector in every way, shape, and form, he is of use to you, if I despise azura and hate her as a character, hate her overexposure in heroes and would like nothing more than to erase her from fire emblem history, will I gain anything from getting her for free? no I won't, she has no noteworthy skills for my team that I can't get anywhere else she will be too valuable to send home or use for SI (with what little I could take, if I want hone fliers minerva is always in the pool and be used to top off life and death for a firesweep build, and earth dance is incredibly niche and her weapon is ok at best, again niche).

Vote for hector, even if you hate him, he is of use.

Hector, B!Ike or V!Ike are objectively the best because they are the best skill fodder in the game and are also incredibly difficult to get, no one will grumble about getting another hector

Hector has a little more significance to me than just Distant Counter, as he was one of my earliest units from my days as a noob. He still gets used occasionally in fact.

So yeah Ima throw a vote at him. Consider it the 7th vote that I never got to spend in CYL.

I'd be fine with RD Ike or Hector winning. RD Ike looks cool and he's in a Legendary Heroes banner so it might be hard getting him, while I also haven't ever gotten Hector and free DC or merge for people who have him.

Edited by LaserDuda