169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hector is someone worth voting for. RD Ike is good too.

Lets be real here though... Camilla, Tharja, Lyn, or Lucina will win. Cause reasons.

I may vote for Hector or Ike honestly. I wouldn't mind a Lyn that isn't -SPD though, she is my favorite character.

I'm just looking at process  of elimination.

Heroes that shouldn't be voted for

A: 3-4 star hero pool - most players will see all of these characters if they stick with the game for 3-4 months, and while saving the need to promote is nice, all of these units are things that players can definitely have if they want to have them, rather than if the game wants them to have them.

B: Hero  Fest 1 Young Mercenary Ike, Ninian, Deirdre, Genny - Since new playes can summon from this banner guaranteed (and it's put in the first banner slot to encourage them)

C: CYL 1 - Same reason as above.

D: Tempest Trial and GHB - reruns exist, although they are slow enough that they aren't as bad as higher options (as someone starting in November I've been sad with only five lol) 

E:4-5 hero pool. - from the 1 year retrospectives that people have been doing, it seems like it takes an average of 10 months to get all of these, although for a few people they end up missing (a single digit amount) of them. Granted this is a long time, so getting one of these for free could be nice, but strictly speaking these aren't really lock out units.

Heroes that should be voted for

F: Seasonal units.

G: 5 star locked units in normal summoning pool

H: Legendary units except Fjorm

Legendary units are placed the lowest because of the promise that their banners will repeat.

These units should be further weighted by skill inheritance, particularly for skills that have drastic effects for new players. In cases where both a normal summon pool unit and Seasonal unit are used for same inheritance, prefference should be given to seasonal (Trick or Defeat Nowi > Hinoka for Hone Fliers for instance)

Personally I feel like the most drastic skills for new players are

A:Distant Counter- Not much needs be said.

B: Armor March - Although the joy of mass ward armor is available to people without waiting too long, it is profoundly unintuitive for new players to build any armor emblem team. Armor March makes this much more approachable. 

C: Brash Assault - Brash Assault is a literal revolution.... 

D: Infantry Pulse - Obviously having a team with 3 cooldown lowered units creates new possible strategies for new players,.

E: Ploy skills - Ploy skills create a new dynamic which is very fun. Unfortunately many of them are absurdly limited. Their position might fall as more and more ploy sacred seals are introduced though.

F: Dance/Sing - Arena Assault and Sqaud Assault are drastically different for a newer player with 2 dancers rather than 1 (the wonder of doing Infernals with  multi dance + nuke is open to everyone since multiple olivias are a thing though) 

G: Hone Fliers - New players can try to make flier emblem by relying on shanna pulls and getting enough Goad fliers, but the playstle is slightly closed off to them (relative to say, horse emblem)  without considerable luck. I put it low because the new access to guidance as  a sacred seal makes it possible to make a mixed foot/flier team to make up for shortcomings.

H: Close Counter - (the need for one of the rarer bulky ranged attackers limit how many new playstles it opens up.

PS 5 star dragons are a bad vote if you orient towards helping new players because of the focus on refining weapons for full dragon teams even though the hone/fortify skills are limited)

Edited by Reality

I suppose I'll vote for Hector. Cool character. Cool skill. I know he appeared on a lot of banners, but we don't know if that trend will continue. And RD Ike will be available every month. I tried to pull Hector on his banners, I didn't get him until that Legendary Banner had him alongside other valuable units I wanted anyway. I also kind of like the idea of voting for seasonals, but with Legendary Banners, those limited units have become way less "limited". And I know people could never decide on one seasonal they want since they're all costumes of popular units.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Lets be real here though... Camilla, Tharja, Lyn, or Lucina will win. Cause reasons.

Since most of the popular characters are split between several units, I wouldn't count out someone like Hector.

Since the legendary banners don't really have amazing rates for getting individual characters, I'll probs go for the new Ike. I don't particularly like Ike, but I have two Hectors already, and I wouldn't mind getting a male legendary hero. Since I don't want to waste orbs going for my third Ike, this will be the only way I get him.

35 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

And RD Ike will be available every month.

Probably not considering Fjorm's not going to be on the next one. Next time they introduce another red legendary hero, Ike likely won't be included (although that'll likely be a few months away). Not too keen on gambling Ike with two other candidates like Sanaki/Siegbert hiding him away.

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Probably not considering Fjorm's not going to be on the next one. Next time they introduce another red legendary hero, Ike likely won't be included (although that'll likely be a few months away). Not too keen on gambling Ike with two other candidates like Sanaki/Siegbert hiding him away.

Source? The next legendary hero would be the fire hero (likely colorless if we're continuing the theme) which means not Water which in the only reason I'd say Fjorm wouldn't be there (aka, replaced).

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Source? The next legendary hero would be the fire hero (likely colorless if we're continuing the theme) which means not Water which in the only reason I'd say Fjorm wouldn't be there (aka, replaced).

Check your news, it says it in the latest announcement. 

Ike/Gunnthra planned for February, Fjorm not.

I’ll vote for V!Ike if he’s in the pool. I don’t want Siegbert or Sanaki from this LHB and in the next one blue will have S!Corrin, so if I pull from it (I really don’t know), I’ll go for blue. 

If don’t, then let’s get free DC fodder

5 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

-1 for not paying attention. Interesting. I thought at least all elements would have a hero before they started taking them out of the rotation.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

I hope no-one is stupid enough to vote for Camilla or Tharja, they aren't even 5* locked 

Yeah either RD Ike or Hector would be good. I also wouldn't mind B!Ike because a lot of units want Steady breath

Otherwise, someone seasonal.

I'd be happy with any mage flier, ideally Corrin or Camilla, since blue and green are good colours.

Axura or Airzura would be good as well. Even if you have them it's free Triangle Adept/Hone Fliers.

Winter Tharja...as controversial as it would be, at least has some really good skills to fodder off like Close Counter, Vengeful Fighter and even R Tome Valour. Hate how all Valours except Sword are seasonal.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Ike, Lucina & Lyn are in their own dimensions when it comes to popularity. 

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

I hope no-one is stupid enough to vote for Camilla or Tharja, they aren't even 5* locked 

As crazy as it sounds, some people might be just voting because they like the characters.

Edited by Zangetsu

I would like RD Ike. Warding Breath could go a long way to making some of my Attack Bane Daggers usef- fudge. Warding Breath is melee locked. That is what my thoughts were.

So I'm not sure who I should vote for. Probably one of the limited ones. Lissa or Tharja comes to mind since having some bold/vengeful fodder would be nice. Or Robin for the Brazen skill. Plus my robin is -SPD. I am pretty sure I would prefer a neutral as my main to that.

I'am going for Olwen , there is alway's the possibility of a surprise and Is choosing to give us the unit that we want .(but if not then V-Ike I already have Hector and we he is a special unit so he as more value )

7 hours ago, Lau said:

Voting for Bride Caeda because she's an angel and I keep missing out on her.

You too, huh?

7 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

I guess Hector for distant counter, I don't think I would actually use him. 

Now, if maybe Spring Lucina would win, that's a whole different story. Vote for Spring Lucina!

Sorry, already have one. In fact, as much as I like Lucina, I have all four so there's really not much reason for me to vote for her.

9 hours ago, Ether said:

The smart choice is to vote for a limited seasonal character. RD Ike will rotate in on legendary banners without pity breakers, so the people that want him shouldn't have much problem getting him. A strong seasonal like SCorrin or WTharja is a much better choice if they're available. If not, well, I guess I'll enjoy feeding an Ike to someone

What difference is there between pulling a unit you don't want from a small pool and pulling a unit you don't want from a large pool?  Your pity rate still gets broken, and you're still left without the unit you're aiming for.

5 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

From the sounds of it they will be in standard rotation as they have already announced fjorm for march, I think they want to keep up the distribution of seasonals and they seem like they will be predictable regardless, I can offer no guarantee that hector distant counter will ever be in as easily predictable a banner rotation as any of the legendary heroes.

A vote for hector is a vote for disgusting plebeians who should have been playing this game a year ago.