A Hero Rises. Who should we vote for?

Midnox

FREE HERO  

169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Vanguard Ike is just a cool unit and we like Ike. It's not all about the skills for fodder, who's better, etc. for everyone - people just want Vanguad Ike. Indisputably the best variant of Ike.

For it to be indisputable, there seems to be some dispute over the matter.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Raven said:

Vanguard Ike is just a cool unit and we like Ike. It's not all about the skills for fodder, who's better, etc. for everyone - people just want Vanguad Ike. Indisputably the best variant of Ike.

The number of people voting for Ike because they either want Ike after a failed Legendary Banner or because they simply like Ike, weighs heavier than those who are voting for other units for any other reason. Understandable, really.

Regular Ike has the same stat spread, brave Ike can actually tank a second hit, the only thing V!Ike has going for him is his 4 cooldown aether, but it's irrelevant when you can't ko that blue or red mage before it doubles you, I have a pretty good bit of experience with V!Ike and statistically speaking, he doesn't excel in anything quite enough to be a threat, QR is not a substitute for garbage speed, V!Ike is well below the threshold for not getting doubled and that also hurts his ability to take hits. also the attack blessing is not that good, +2 atk is not killing anywhere near the amount +3 spd can.

if people really want a really incredible unit, vote for Zelgius he surpasses V!Ike in every stat other than attack and resistance (Where they are equals), he has the same DC weapon, a much better easy to activate special, and warp powder gives him an equivalent to 3 move when his hp is above 80%.

also there are too many people with a young boy fetish to prefer V!Ike over PoR Ike design wise and you will also find far more people who found Ike to be much less interesting in RD over PoR in this forum writing wise.

Back to the hector shilling

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

also there are too many people with a young boy fetish to prefer V!Ike over PoR Ike design wise and you will also find far more people who found Ike to be much less interesting in RD over PoR in this forum writing wise.

I'm confused? Are you trying to call PoR Ike a shota? Oo

He's not exactly a 'young boy'. 

I actually really dislike PoR Ike's art in this game, anyway. His CYL art is the best, imo. He actually looks good looking in that to me, unlike the other two, but that is still based off his PoR form. 

The only reason I'm going for Vanguard Ike is literally because I have every other male in the game (sans Dorcas and Gray, but they are in the common pool, even as 5* exclusive) and I want a new unit. It's a big reason for a lot of people, I'm guessing. He is the newest unit after all, and he will be a massive pain to get - to the point where I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for this event. 

I don't even like Ike, nor do I really want him to be the face of the chapter, although I hope it will encourage IS (or whoever's in charge) to realise that we would like to see more older game variants (preferably in seasonal form, though, even if Ike himself doesn't help with this) if both Vanguard Ike and Hector do get into the top four. 

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm confused? Are you trying to call PoR Ike a shota? Oo

He's not exactly a 'young boy'. 

I actually really dislike PoR Ike's art in this game, anyway. His CYL art is the best, imo. He actually looks good looking in that to me, unlike the other two, but that is still based off his PoR form. 

That was more of a joke, I've always prefered RD Ike as far as art goes, though I noticed that everyone seems to prefer his prettier PoR look to his more rugged RD look, I guess it was a jab I don't know.

It is kind of funny how for a fanbase who seems to complain about getting much of the same a lot we tend to prefer our prettier lords to the rugged mercenary type.

27 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

That was more of a joke, I've always prefered RD Ike as far as art goes, though I noticed that everyone seems to prefer his prettier PoR look to his more rugged RD look, I guess it was a jab I don't know.

It is kind of funny how for a fanbase who seems to complain about getting much of the same a lot we tend to prefer our prettier lords to the rugged mercenary type.

Because preferences for pretty boys doesn't suddenly change if more rugged options are introduced?

Besides, RD Ike was still popular according to the initial poll. However, I prefer my men pretty, personally, and will continue to do so. Everyone has their preferences so no need to make jabs at people with those different to your own :/

4 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

the only thing V!Ike has going for him is his 4 cooldown aether

B!Ike has 4 cooldown Aether thanks to Urvan.

I'd be fine getting L!Ike as the free hero because it helps with compendium completion, but there are other heroes I want more.

Gunnthra - The other non-free legendary hero. I've tried pulling for her on both banners, and nothing. She would help a lot on my Horse Emblem team.
Hector - DC fodder
B!Ike - Steady Breath Fodder
Winter Tharja/Lissa - Vengeful/Bold Fighter fodder.

It will be interesting to see who makes it into the finals. And if the number of people who do not want L!Ike outnumbers the people who want L!Ike.

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Because preferences for pretty boys doesn't suddenly change if more rugged options are introduced?

Besides, RD Ike was still popular according to the initial poll. However, I prefer my men pretty, personally, and will continue to do so. Everyone has their preferences so no need to make jabs at people with those different to your own :/

Sorry if that came off wrong, that last bit was more of an observation as a whole and was not really targeted at anyone individually, I really don't care if people generally prefer PoR Ike.

6 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

if people really want a really incredible unit, vote for Zelgius he surpasses V!Ike in every stat other than attack and resistance (Where they are equals), he has the same DC weapon, a much better easy to activate special, and warp powder gives him an equivalent to 3 move when his hp is above 80%.

Well, yeah, Zelgius is probably the best sword unit currently in the game, but V!Ike isn't exactly terrible. His defense lets him tank physical hits fairly well and he's got 31 res with warding breath and the DD seal, which means a red mage needs 52 attack to one round him, 50 with -hp. That's not particularly good, but it's not absolutely atrocious. A lot of red mages are either too slow to double reliably or actually in danger of being OHKOed, which leaves him with a fully charged aether. Sure, blue mages are slaughtering him, but Zelgius's track record against blue mages isn't exactly stellar either. Like I said, I'm leaning toward B!Ike being the best because of his tanking potential, and Zelgius is definitely better since he's basically the same unit with armor stat bonuses and a better kit, but V!Ike has the advantage of being a shiny new unit over the former and being Ike over the latter.

On a side note, does anyone else find Ike's stat distribution in comparison to the BK and Zelgius rather odd? I get Ike having less health, def, and similar res, but it seems really weird that they gave both Zelg and the BK more speed than any incarnation of Ike and less attack for the most part. The BK pretty much trounced Ike statwise in FE9, but even then Ike averaged 28 speed to the BK's 27, and in RD, Ike averaged enough speed to double the BK, 34 vs 30.

10 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Regular Ike has the same stat spread, brave Ike can actually tank a second hit, the only thing V!Ike has going for him is his 4 cooldown aether, but it's irrelevant when you can't ko that blue or red mage before it doubles you, I have a pretty good bit of experience with V!Ike and statistically speaking, he doesn't excel in anything quite enough to be a threat, QR is not a substitute for garbage speed, V!Ike is well below the threshold for not getting doubled and that also hurts his ability to take hits. also the attack blessing is not that good, +2 atk is not killing anywhere near the amount +3 spd can.

Back to the hector shilling

I think you missed the point of my post a little bit.

All of what you said is irrelevant when Vanguard Ike is the newest unit and arguably one of the hardest to get considering his poor availability, outside of seasonal/special units. It doesn't matter how much better other options would be. A large majority of people want Vanguard Ike, and that's who they will vote for.

As I think I've already mentioned, I wouldn't have Fjorm if she wasn't given out for free. Many payers are in the same position regarding Vanguard Ike, so would like him for free.

I'm surprised and amused that Takumi is actually at 12 overall. Is this just because of his fanbase or do people just really want more Close Counter fodder? Probably a combination. xD

36 minutes ago, Jave said:

All units in that Top 20 are 5* exclusives.

Nice to see that people are voting for units that make sense. 

The only actually questionable choice here is Lucina (because Marf is a thing); but yeah, I agree, there aren't memes xD

Makes me happy to see Witch Nowi on the list at all, I knew she wouldn't win when I used all my votes for her.  Out of the top 4 Ike is Warding Breath fodder for Nah when she gets in, Hector is DC fodder for Nowi to be able to use Light/Dark Breath when I want, and Tharja is Close Counter and a new weapon for Witch Nowi.  Really hope it isn't Azura, she broke my pity rate going for Sanaki when no reds showed up.