A Hero Rises. Who should we vote for?

Midnox

FREE HERO  

169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

I love how we have three Ike units in the top 20 xD.

I'll probably give Ayra all of my last 4 votes. She's the one Holy War unit I don't have and the character I would choose if I could get one unit I wanted.

Edited by Hekselka

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of irked that Vanguard Ike is in first place, but that can change in the final round as the current poll is only determining the top 4 (which currently are Vanguard Ike, Hector, Winter Tharja, and PA Azura). Of the 4, I want Hector to win the most because DC fodder. I wouldn't mind Winter Tharja or PA Azura since potential Vengeful Fighter fodder or a merge respectively. Vanguard Ike... not super excited about him especially since we're due for a lot of Blessing items in preparation for the March 2018 update.

Pleasantly surprised to see Brave Lyn and Bride Cordelia in the top 20.

Tough choice actually. I'm thinking of going all for Ayra or Summer Corrin seeing these, but DC for Sigurd or Myrrh would be nice, as would a not -def Myrrh, and Celica is <3. A not -atk Bridal Cordelia would be nice too, but even with it she's still fairly solid.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Winter Tharja in 3rd place... people really love their bikinis don't they?

Welp. RD Ike, B!Ike and Hector will be getting the remainder of my votes. I already have a PA!Azura and the thought of WE!Tharja winning makes me want to hurl.

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The point of people voting for Winter Tharja is not for her getup. She is a damn fine unit, arguably one of the best in the game. That, topped with her being a limited rare unit, all adds up.

Remember that time that "Choose Your Legends" vote was for only the top male and top female in the category? Then we got two of each anyway?

Won't be surprised if something like this happens here. They'll probably only give away one of them, but maybe they'll put the top 3-4 in a banner around the same time the Xenologue comes out.

Kind of surprised to see Lucina placed so high, Takumi as well, and not more seasonal units.

Edited by dmurr

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

It's not necessarily her choice of costume being the sole reason. She has great mixed defenses and a decent Atk stat to be a great enemy phase unit - and she has the default skills needed that work in her favor.

And she's the only unit that gets Vengeful Fighter by default in the current game so she has very high value as fodder for players who run enemy phase armored units (Vengeful Fighter is pretty much a direct upgrade of Quick Riposte for armored units).

6 hours ago, Raven said:

The point of people voting for Winter Tharja is not for her getup. She is a damn fine unit, arguably one of the best in the game. That, topped with her being a limited rare unit, all adds up.

Wouldn't mind Winter Tharja at all. Put a solid chunk of orbs into that banner and only got Chrom. Not that I dislike that Chrom, but I was mostly hoping to get the girls.

Despite my usual "no more 3DS units" stance, I've been putting my votes towards PA Olivia. Already have Azura and Inigo, and I love having dancers for TT, SA and CC.

I doubt she'll make it to final 4, but I'm sure we'll get something good.

Current top 10:

1. Vanguard Ike

2. Hector

3. Winter Tharja

4. Performing Azura

5. Brave Ike

6. Summer Corrin

7. Myrrh

8. Ayra

9. Azura

10. Lucina

I'm still giving my last votes to Ayra. I know she won't win but I hope that IS decides to give her a banner along with other characters in the top 10. And yes I know that's unlikely to happen but a man can dream can't he?

Edited by Hekselka

So I finally decided to go all out & vote for Hector.

I don't know how much better LA! Hector is to just Hector (according to the tier list not much), but I'm having lousy luck with my pulls & I actually do like Hector as character/lord/protagonist. That I already have 3 of the top 4 units.

I still wish we were voting for the sake of popularity rather how good a unit is.

I ended up not voting for the last few days, not because I forgot, but because I lost interest. Still, looking at the top 10 list there, I'll be satisfied if the top four stays as-is, or if Bike creeps in late. I will be voting round two of course to make sure I get a unit I'd actually use - i.e. not Hector.

Voter fatigue - this is why we have representative democracy.

P.S. Anyone noticing this voting site being much less stable than the CYL one? I'm getting freezes and then getting booted back to the colour selection screen from the hero list.

My final Round 1 ballot, which just consisted of me going down the list of the characters I'd like to have but don't currently have. Next round is going to be all VL!Ike for me because DC fodder means nothing to me in comparison to having VL!Ike. 

Spoiler

fu2XZDt.png?1

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume I was the only one stupid enough to vote for Mist.

w4j0rv3.jpg

Yeah I ended up losing interest like halfway through but here’s my ballot. Not to be selfish but I hope Axura doesn’t win. She’s a great dancer but I’m more interested in potential fodder like BIke. I̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶d̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶I̶ ̶v̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶!̶I̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶N̶Y̶!̶T̶a̶k̶u̶m̶i̶

34 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

P.S. Anyone noticing this voting site being much less stable than the CYL one? I'm getting freezes and then getting booted back to the colour selection screen from the hero list.

Well I never had problems with it before but it was pretty laggy on me right now when I went to vote for S!Camilla.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Okay, I gave my last 4 votes to Winter's Envoy Tharja, because I would legitimately like to get her, but don't think I'll ever manage to pull her. Here's hoping she wins!

Ike's probably gonna win, or maybe Hector, but I can hope! And throw all my votes to Tharja in the finals!

Though really, out of the current non-Tharja top 10, getting a free Ike (either), Hector or Performing Arts Azura would be fine by me too (Vanguard Ike and PAAzura because I'd like to have them as units, Hector and Brave Ike for A Skill fodder).

Still hoping for Tharja, but really I'm certain I'll be happy with whoever wins.

NX3vyTL.png

No regrets. Considered tossing a vote to Lyn/B!Lyn, but changed my mind after seeing the mid-week results and went for the most likely (and useful) scenario). RD Ike will most likely win and I'm all good with that. It's a fantastic unit that's hard to get, comes with a blessing and is a front runner for that new mode coming in march. Even still I woudn't mind a Hector for that DC fodder as Chrom kinda wants Distant Counter too. Brave Ike as a clutch vote because Chrom wants Steady Breath above all.

If it comes down to the top 4 being Ike, Hector, Tharja and Azura, every single vote is going to Ike. Hector is my boy, but I need that Ike more than I need DC Fodder. I already have PA!Azura and Tharja can die in a fire. Sorry to those that like her, I know she's got a great kit and is a great unit, but the thought of her winning over Ike or even Hector makes my blood boil.

Edited by Zeo