A Hero Rises. Who should we vote for?

Midnox

FREE HERO  

169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

On 2/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, Arthur97 said:

I tend to focus on getting them. If their IV isn't great, oh well, at least I have them. Take my new Hector for example. I think he's -Atk/+Spd, but I'm not going to try for a better one. Especially when I hope/fear Morgan will show up in one of the two upcoming banners. Though at this point she's probably being saved for an Unlikely Heroes 2.

+Spd/-Atk Hector checking in.  Missing some KOs isn't fun, but he gets doubled way less.

---

I completely forgot about this event.  I'll fix that come the next ballot!

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not vote much. At this point I don't care who wins. I don't really want Hector too much anymore since Love Abounds Hector is so good. But Ig I'll keep vote for him in the final round. I'll just merge Ike if he wins, he is my current head unit. I have another one too.

Edited by SSbardock84

Im conflicted with this. On one hand, I really want Winter Tharja to win round 2. I missed my chance to get her and Chrom during the banner after spending almost 400 orbs, and would love to be able to get the character. But at the same time, with that new gamemode coming along, Vanguard Ike would be really nice to have. Leaning towards wanting Tharja to win though, not only would it be a relatively unique character type to be available for free to everyone, but I would also finally get one of the seasonal units I was really wanting.

I sincerely hope people don't actually consider vote for Vanguard Ike over Hector. Think about how not top tier both of them are, and how much better it would be to have your first or another Distant Counter fodder, who can now double attack his foes while preventing follow-ups on himself at the same time, folks. At the same time! 

Vote for Hector today.

Spoiler

This message was brought to you by the Ostia War Council.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

I completely forgot about this event.  I'll fix that come the next ballot!

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

I did not vote much. At this point I don't care who wins. I don't really want Hector too much anymore since Love Abounds Hector is so good. But Ig I'll keep vote for him in the final round. I'll just merge Ike if he wins, he is my current head unit. I have another one too.

2 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

Wow, the event completely slipped my mind, I didn't even vote once. I suppose VL!Ike is useful for arena but other than that I could less about which character we get as long as it's not a joke character.

I'm seeing people forgetting this even more frequently than I thought would.

Is the event really that dull to the point one would forget?

2 hours ago, Ae†her said:

I sincerely hope people don't actually consider vote for Vanguard Ike over Hector. Think about how not top tier both of them are, and how much better it would be to have your first or another Distant Counter fodder, who can now double attack his foes while preventing follow-ups on himself at the same time, folks. At the same time! 

Vote for Hector today.

Hide contents

This message was brought to you by the Ostia War Council.

I find it odd that someone that has Aether as his username would have a propaganda for Hector. I'm still going to vote King of Ostia if only because I don't much about Ike other what I read on his wiki decades ago. That & I do want a Hector.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I think some players just have the Feeling that they can't influence anything, so they aren't truly interessted if they don't care about L!Ike or DC fodder. 

Any other hero as Hector or L!Ike would be a surprise. Even if Christmas Tharja is place 3. The chance is very dim that she wins. I still vote for her, but only after I saw that she was place 3. Before that I also forgot about this Event.
At least this can be one reason.

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

I think some players just have the Feeling that they can't influence anything, so they aren't truly interessted if they don't care about L!Ike or DC fodder. 

Any other hero as Hector or L!Ike would be a surprise. Even if Christmas Tharja is place 3. The chance is very dim that she wins. I still vote for her, but only after I saw that she was place 3. Before that I also forgot about this Event.
At least this can be one reason.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Zangetsu It's also the fact the poll 'day' resets  at a different time from the game reset, so I keep forgetting that the previous voting day is over

Well I've been saying this event has made me extremely apathetic, so it's not like what you both isn't true.

It really doesn't feel like I'm influencing anything at all ergo makes me forget to vote for each day.

5 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Also, it may be people like me that don’t forget the event but just don’t care about it. I mean, if I’m not getting the character I really want, why would I bother on voting? 

Do you tried to send feed back about it?

13 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Do you tried to send feed back about it?

I haven’t but because I think there are other important things imo to say in a feedback (and I’ve done), and sending many feedbacks in a short period of time could be seen less serious. Also, that wouldn’t help for this year.

12 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Yes, I mean it was kind of obvious before it even began that Ike likely was going to be the free unit. And if you already have him, then I just don't really care to vote. Not to mention I have most of the characters in the game that I want.

17 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I find it odd that someone that has Aether as his username would have a propaganda for Hector. I'm still going to vote King of Ostia if only because I don't much about Ike other what I read on his wiki decades ago. That & I do want a Hector.

I'm greater than the users themselves.

So these will be the four units we can vote for. Take your pick people.

I just hope that PAzura doesn't win. I mean it might sound selfish since I already have her but she's useless as fodder.

Edited by Hekselka

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:
So these will be the four units we can vote for. Take your pick people.

I just hope that PAzura doesn't win. I mean it might sound selfish since I already have her but she's useless as fodder.

Well this was a surprise, not.

I was initially gonna support VL!Ike but now I’m just not gonna bother. I’ve lost all interest at this point.

I'm shocked, truly.

Ugh, even if they do a banner with those (which I don't think they will, but it's not impossible), my chances of getting Hector would be destroyed by Axura, who I do not need anymore (already have two for training purposes and with practical natures).... just like Lilina did with Vector.... twice.

Can't wait for this farce to be over and have two of the four elements bloating up arena scores.

@Zangetsu Does it surprise you? The entire thing is really just funneling the masses towards Ike. Shiniest/newest unit (who happens to be #1 male character) right before the event started, new mode requiring legendaries and blessings and making Ike an optimal pick (I'd pick another Fjorm then for her bonus, but everyone has her already, so Ike is way more prominent as a rare reward), mid results proudly presenting Ike at the top spot further pushing competition aside, being dependent on whatever other people want, etc. - I can't help but feel jaded.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

4 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm shocked, truly.

Ugh, even if they do a banner with those (which I don't think they will, but it's not impossible), my chances of getting Hector would be destroyed by Axura, who I do not need anymore (already have two for training purposes and with practical natures).... just like Lilina did with Vector.... twice.

Can't wait for this farce to be over and have two of the four elements bloating up arena scores.

@Zangetsu Does it surprise you? The entire thing is really just funneling the masses towards Ike. Shiniest/newest unit (who happens to be #1 male character) right before the event started, new mode requiring legendaries and blessings and making Ike an optimal pick (I'd pick another Fjorm then for her bonus, but everyone has her already, so Ike is way more prominent as a rare reward), mid results proudly presenting Ike at the top spot further pushing competition aside, being dependent on whatever other people want, etc. - I can't help but feel jaded.

If only they'd stop doing midterms and let people vote without that input.

I don't know if I even want to vote this time, the only one of those I want at all is Hector and I would rather have Vector.  I really don't want L!Ike since I have other good reds, C!Tharja I would like better if her art was a little less over the top but as a unit she is good so I would not mind her, and ax Azura is of no appeal to me since Air Azura would be the one I want.  So the results for me give me a 50/50 chance of getting someone I would use.  I predict L!Ike will win, but I will only use him in the legendary mode and for nothing else.  I think I will go Hector since he gives DC and I don't have any version of him.

Unsurprising results. But if everyone takes the stance most of the people in this topic are taking, Tharja could potentially beat Ike, and the idea of that vexes me. So I'm going to toss my votes over to Ike. Already have Hector and an optimal nature PA!Azura so I'm good there. Tharja is a good unit and grade A fodder, but RD Ike is a great unit, one of my favorites, comes with a blessing and is relevant to the new mode coming which limits the units you can use. He's simply the best pick.

It was pretty obvious how this was going to turn out. Don't know why they pulled a stunt like this, should have just given him out for free, it would have been fine as a gift. There are plenty of other units to pull for on legendary banners, limited, appealing units.

But let's be honest guys, if they had released this contest a month before, Hector would have just won instead. Not that much more exciting honestly. At least as far as you're all concerned.