169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the 4 finalists are Hector, chrismas Tharja, Axura and L!Ike.

I think the worst that could happen in my case would be another Axura. She has the worst skills to fodder (Drive Res is not bad, but available at 4*).

I still hope and give it my all for Christmas Tharja. If Hector wins I can make a Camilla DC build, if L!Ike wins I have all Legendary Units which are available for now.   

And I hope they will release a banner (hero fest at best) with the finalists.  

Edited by Stroud

I changed my mind - I want Winter Tharja, for several reasons.

1. She's a damn fine unit, and just as rare as - if not rarer than - Vanguard Ike.
2. There's gonna be some salty-ass motherfuckers crying about getting a slutty little THOT for free, polluting their innocent little Japanese gacha game.

I hope she does win. It will be glorious.

2 hours ago, Raven said:

I changed my mind - I want Winter Tharja, for several reasons.

1. She's a damn fine unit, and just as rare as - if not rarer than - Vanguard Ike.
2. There's gonna be some salty-ass motherfuckers crying about getting a slutty little THOT for free, polluting their innocent little Japanese gacha game.

I hope she does win. It will be glorious.

Actually, the situation is kinda reversed. People are being way more salty towards V!Ike than Winter Tharja. If you want chaos, vote for V!Ike.

7 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Actually, the situation is kinda reversed. People are being way more salty towards V!Ike than Winter Tharja. If you want chaos, vote for V!Ike.

That's probably the case, but the salt produced from Christmas Tharja haters will be ten times tastier than the salt of VIke haters.

I for one don't mind which of the two win - it would be nice to have a neutral VIke instead of my -Atk variant. But it would be even niicer to own a red armoured mage, just to mix up my armoured team's damage a bit.

10 minutes ago, Raven said:

That's probably the case, but the salt produced from Christmas Tharja haters will be ten times tastier than the salt of VIke haters.

I for one don't mind which of the two win - it would be nice to have a neutral VIke instead of my -Atk variant. But it would be even niicer to own a red armoured mage, just to mix up my armoured team's damage a bit.

Oh, there will be salt regardless of who wins. But if you see the comments of some of the people who doesn’t want V!Ike, you will see people spreading lies about how he’s a bad unit. Seriously is getting ridiculous.

I'd be fine getting VaIke, Hector, or W!Tharja. I don't need Azura, and she has the least to offer out of these four.

I'm voting for Hector, because I need the DC Fodder.
Between VaIke and W!Tharja, I don't have a preference. Tharja would be nice for Vengeful Fighter and just being super strong. VaIke is a legendary hero, and I don't have to waste orbs on a Legendary banner. I could use both for catalog completion.

Azura has no hope of winning this. Out of these 4 she has the worst value SI-wise and people who have her don't profit from another copy (even if you have a suboptimal boon/bane), considering as a Dancer her stats don't matter much.

Ultimately Ike will win just because he is Ike.
People seem to overblow his importance as a legendary Hero because of that new game mode. The last few events gave us more than enough blessings (GHB alone gives you 7) and Fjorm which covers a big enough roster.
Even as a unit he isn't exciting at all. He is just a better optimized version of his younger self, that's it. Warding Breath isn't particularly good either and only has use for those who have DC on their weapons.

Tharja is objectively much better in that regard as:
1.) she is in an unique limited class (we don't have regular mage armors)
2.) has Close Counter
3.) has Vengeful Fighter (though that's more or less a better version of Quick Riposte for Armors)

Still voted for Hector because I need DC fodder. I don't think Hector is in a good spot either since his exposed breast pretty much knocked out his fanbase at this point. Meh.

I bet you anything that Winter Tharja will appear on a Legendary Hero banner at some point before December, regardless of what happens with the vote. Meanwhile, I wonder how Hector would have fared if Distant Counter was a seal.

I mean the winner will get their own story mission, right? And Intelligent Systems are expecting Ike to win?

Tharja being the people's hero would be hilarious, especially if you imagine the look on the developers' faces. 

I voted for Hector again, but I may split my votes and give the other two to Tharja just to be different.  Honestly the armors are the two on this ballot I want so if either of them win I will be happy.  I have enough blessings to make several decent teams for the new event, so I don't need L!Ike.  I will take who I get, but I am hoping for an upset here just to see the salt.

Presumably it would resemble the look on their faces when Veronica won CYL2, yeah?

I voted for Tharja again today, because I still want her the most as a unit. Hoping she wins, and only partially to see the look on IntSys's faces if she takes it over Ike.

16 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Not that I'm one to talk about's reaction but if they weren't salty about Ike winning the CYL Gauntlet (where he also beated Hector) then I'm seriously going to doubt there's going to be this massive backlash. As mention earlier we're in the minority & I haven't seen people being salty or bitter as so much I'm seeing people just forgetting the event was still going on. If anything else the negative emotions I'm seeing is people being jaded or apathetic. I'm fine with Ike winning but it doesn't really feel like I'm made a difference participating in this event.

16 hours ago, Raven said:

Well from what I can tell, the majority of the fanbase has a major disdain towards her.

So yeah, that sounds about right.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

I bet you anything that Winter Tharja will appear on a Legendary Hero banner at some point before December, regardless of what happens with the vote. Meanwhile, I wonder how Hector would have fared if Distant Counter was a seal.

Couldn't be all that different from if Vector was actually a contender as well.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I mean the winner will get their own story mission, right? And Intelligent Systems are expecting Ike to win?

Tharja being the people's hero would be hilarious, especially if you imagine the look on the developers' faces. 

Pretty much what @ILikeKirbys

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Not that I'm one to talk about's reaction but if they weren't salty about Ike winning the CYL Gauntlet (where he also beated Hector) then I'm seriously going to doubt there's going to be this massive backlash. As mention earlier we're in the minority & I haven't seen people being salty or bitter as so much I'm seeing people just forgetting the event was still going on. If anything else the negative emotions I'm seeing is people being jaded or apathetic. I'm fine with Ike winning but it doesn't really feel like I'm made a difference participating in this event.

The reason why people are salty towards Ike this time is because they want Thatja as a unit or fodder, most of them doesn’t care for her as a character. 

Yeah, I’m on the Winter Tharja train. I may be ambivalent towards her personally, but as I’m trying to pad out my armor team, I could really use Vengeful Fighter. It might take a long time for skills like that to be put on regular units. Ike doesn’t really interest me as he’s just another sword lord, Hector isn’t necessary since I have him (and if I want DC I can pull on the current banner), the same goes for Azura. 

Godspeed, Tharja.

I’m on the Winter Tharja train. I hate regular Tharja, but I love her winter version more. Maybe it’s because she is a yandere trying to be actually normal which is something I would like to see happen in anime.  Plus her unit type is one I would like to have

As far as I am concerned:

Hector: I voted for him, He served me well and I could use another DC

VIke: out of four he is only one I don't have. He is not worth spending my orbs but free Legendary hero with good rating is something I could use.

Tharja: I am indifferent toward her fan service (basically I don't find her attractive), but I like her character and think whole this "normal girl" is pretty funny joke given how she is usually. She is good for both merging and SI.

PA Azura: I have her and she perform well, but she capped HM, doesn't have good skills for SI and given she is not frontliner merging will make no difference. I don't need her.

After seeing the general reaction on twitter I can safely say I want Ike to win out of spite more than anything else. I really do want LIke for a mergethough. Those 8% banners are a nightmare to pull on, I’d rather not leave those as my only option for getting merges. 

wTharja’s outfit means that I could not be payed to use her. If she wins whatever it’s a game Raigh is getting CC and a funny weapon. 

Hector is great and I’d probably merge him with my current Hec. 

Edgy Azura is a dancer, I don’t have, don’t really want her but I’d take her. 

I want Hector still, but I don't mind getting Tharja for Vengeful Fighter 3. I just sincerely hope people don't choose V!Ike as he doesn't have good skills for for SI other than Magic Breath. Defense Tactic is meh.

Edited by Ae†her

10 hours ago, Water Mage said:

The reason why people are salty towards Ike this time is because they want Thatja as a unit or fodder, most of them doesn’t care for her as a character. 

& I still say they're in the minority. The way phrase what you've been saying sounds like it they're the majority but those are the people who are just going to complain for the sake of complaining.

3 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

After seeing the general reaction on twitter I can safely say I want Ike to win out of spite more than anything else. I really do want LIke for a mergethough. Those 8% banners are a nightmare to pull on, I’d rather not leave those as my only option for getting merges.

Not that it's hard to imagine what they're saying but what exactly are they saying that would cause you have this reaction when Ike is prime to win?

1 hour ago, Ae†her said:

I want Hector still, but I don't mind getting Tharja for Vengeful Fighter 3. I just sincerely hope people don't choose V!Ike as he doesn't have good skills for for SI other than Magic Breath. Defense Tactic is meh.

Even if that was the case, V!Ike is still a ridiculously a good unit.