A Hero Rises. Who should we vote for?

Midnox

FREE HERO  

169 members have voted

1. 1. WHO'LL BE THE FREE HERO?

• Vanguard Ike, the legendary earth hero
    • Hector, the heavy DC nightmare

Yeah I won't disagree that there are more without than more with, my main statement was that many that want her to fodder her could possibly already have her even if they aren't a whale. I suppose saying many could have made it sound like I was saying majority.

Axura gets the same treatment from both of us. Even the same merge value! Drive Res has too much competition in that slot for me to truly consider.
V!Ike will be ward breath fodder. Last time I merged a breath Ike to +1 I ended up regretting it. The breath is worth more to me than a measly 1 point stat boost to two stats. Besides I am hardly using him. He just isn't working out as well as I hoped for.
Hector would be DC Fodder. I have a perfectly serviceable +ATK/-HP one. Not sure who I would give it to, but I currently have 4 green and at least 5 red DC units. Meanwhile my only blue DC are Fjorm and Nowi. So another DC lance would be nice. My high res lances are Mathilda, Robin, and +RES Gwendolyn. And I suppose once leveled, LA!Eliwood.
Already mentioned Tharja.

I just wish one of the many seasonals I don't have would have made the final round. I would be a lot more excited then. But well I intentionally aim for unique combinations above all else and sorta ignore the others. So most of the seasonals I don't have already have people filling their roles. Doesn't mean I don't want them, just that I put them low priority. Bridal Caeda would be so nice to have for completion sake, but I have so many strong blue mages that dropping cash for her would be silly. Not that I blame folks for not voting for her. If I recall right, she is kinda poor SI wise and doesn't stand out too much power wise. Oh well. As long as Axura doesn't win I will be happy. Poor gal just isn't worth much to me since I already have her, even if I absolutely adore her design.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Usana said:

Or if you already have her. While spending money makes it easier to get a single copy of each seasonal, I am sure many non-whales have a Tharja. At which point the question becomes if a merge is worth not having vengeful on another(if neutral is better you can just fodder your original, though that may not be ideal if you heavily invested in her). I am sure some folks who already have her are voting so that they can actually have vengeful on someone else without losing their only copy of her. I know I am. The breaths are nice, but most of my units that want them(mostly dragons) are functioning just fine. I won't be upset if either Ike wins, but I think Vengeful will make a bigger splash on my units. That said if I didn't have any of the units that one would have had all my votes. I have missed lots of seasonals after all.

If you merge them, they gain the skills that the other had. You lose the SP and have to level them back up, but that's about it.

21 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If you merge them, they gain the skills that the other had. You lose the SP and have to level them back up, but that's about it.

But you still lose the SI at that point. To some people, keeping a sub-optimal unit might be worth the SI to someone else.

@Usana Do you have an Effie? She or Gwendolyn would be my votes for a DC lance. Mathilda is just so unimpressive statwise. Berkut is another decent option if you have him. He'd probably be about on par with Robin, though, if you decided to go with her. Between HP and def, he'd have a fair bit more physical bulk in exchange for lower res (made up for by HP) and a lot less speed.

35 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

But you still lose the SI at that point. To some people, keeping a sub-optimal unit might be worth the SI to someone else.

SI? If you're referring to the skill inheritance, they keep the skills not equipped as well if memory serves. You don't really lose much in this process.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

SI? If you're referring to the skill inheritance, they keep the skills not equipped as well if memory serves. You don't really lose much in this process.

I mean for other units. If you have a Hector that wants vengeful fighter and you've already invested a lot into your -Atk/+Spd Tharja, then you might be more liable to fodder off the neutral Tharja instead of either not letting Hector have vengeful fighter at all (merging -atk Tharja into neutral Tharja) or having to rebuild your new neutral Tharja to the same point (giving Hector VF from your -atk Tharja). But yeah, when you merge two characters, the base one gets all the skills of the one being merged.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

I want either Azura or Tharja to win since I don't have an armor mage and I want that particular Azura for the support capabilities.

People keep disregarding Axura like she's some trash unit compared to the other three. If I didn't already have her, she'd be my second choice behind Tharja. Her +3 to all stats after a dance is so damn good - particularly in infantry teams who don't get insane buffs like armour, cavalry and flier teams do. Of course, she's a perfect partner for Bladetomes, too.

Honestly just waiting for that "A Hero Rises" banner, where these 4 units will be on focus. If it doesn't happen at some point, IS is missing out on a really big opportunity to line their pockets even more.

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

People keep disregarding Axura like she's some trash unit compared to the other three. If I didn't already have her, she'd be my second choice behind Tharja. Her +3 to all stats after a dance is so damn good - particularly in infantry teams who don't get insane buffs like armour, cavalry and flier teams do. Of course, she's a perfect partner for Bladetomes, too.

Honestly just waiting for that "A Hero Rises" banner, where these 4 units will be on focus. If it doesn't happen at some point, IS is missing out on a really big opportunity to line their pockets even more.

I've been playing feh very casually until recently. Now that I've got my mind back onto a game, I kinda want a blue dancer to round out my trio of dancers. Besides I haven't played anything after fe12 and the new dancer designs are really eye opening.

if a banner pops up for that, I'm going to be spending a little cash on this. Tharja just sounds like a great unit for armor teams and seems to have the skills that my LA!Eliwood/Hector and BK want. 

as for Vanguard Ike, idk. Seems like a lot of people claim he's underwhelming.

10 minutes ago, Raven said:

They are not saying Axura is bad for everyone , only that she is bad for the people who already have her. All the other 3 has SI potential, but not Axura.

Edited by Water Mage

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

as for Vanguard Ike, idk. Seems like a lot of people claim he's underwhelming.

He's underwhelming if you expect him to be game-breaking. If you expect him to be what he is, a slightly stronger Ike, he's actually pretty solid.

Edited by bottlegnomes

13 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

He's underwhelming if you expect him to be game-breaking. If you expect him to be what he is, a slightly stronger Ike, he's actually pretty solid.

the only issue I have with the 4 that got picked is that Hector isn't limited.

I mean couldn't they have made it a limited unit for the green slot?

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

the only issue I have with the 4 that got picked is that Hector isn't limited.

I mean couldn't they have made it a limited unit for the green slot?

I think the thinking goes that most people wouldn't be unhappy with Distant Counter fodder, and that he's still not really the easiest to get since he's 5* exclusive. I think if Hector Tudor had been out when this started, people would have picked him instead. 

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I think the thinking goes that most people wouldn't be unhappy with Distant Counter fodder, and that he's still not really the easiest to get since he's 5* exclusive. I think if Hector Tudor had been out when this started, people would have picked him instead. 

well I guess so

I can't check atm, but did xmas Chrom and NY!Azura get a lot of votes?

6 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

well I guess so

I can't check atm, but did xmas Chrom and NY!Azura get a lot of votes?

NY!Azura was like 14th at the halfway point of Round 1. Tharja was the only Winter’s Envoy unit in the top 20.

Welp, my final vote for Winter Tharja has been cast. Now to wait until they announce the winner... which I'm guessing will be around Wednesday/Thursday, since they said they were releasing the Xenologue for this in "late February."

And that's my final vote for Ike done and dusted.

I've been wondering who I would have picked if we'd got to go for any unit we wanted at 5*. It'd either be Kimono Azura or Summer Corrin, I think. Maybe Gray, because he never pulls for me and he has sword valour...

Gave the votes 2:1:1 across both accounts to Ike, Tharja and Axura which roughly reflects how much I want them. Ike's value is obviously inflated by the arena score factor on Earth weeks, as even now I'm kind of struggling: with a day to go I'm 10461/12259 to go up to T20 which means a very nervous wait.

If I could have anyone though, it'd still be Horse Eirika.

21 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

According to IS the current standing are:

First Place: Ike

Second Place: Hector

Third Place: Tharja

Fourth Place: Azura

For all the hype surrounding her, Tharja is ranking lower than I thought.

It's pretty much how I would've expected. Ike's Ike, and people have been hyping Hector up because of DC. Azura is the lowest because ad a unit, she's least special (buffs are great, but she's still basically just a dancer), and she has no worth other than merges for people who have her.

49 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

According to IS the current standing are:

First Place: Ike

Second Place: Hector

Third Place: Tharja

Fourth Place: Azura

For all the hype surrounding her, Tharja is ranking lower than I thought.

Where did they post this? Could you post a link to it?