Legendary Hero Banner (Ft. Vanguard Ike)

Zapp Branniglenn

Legendary Banner  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna pull?

• My free pull sesh, but otherwise it's a pass for me.
    • Heck yeah! Those 50 orbs on Thursday are gonna put in work!
  2. 2. Which color are you most looking forward to pulling?

3. 3. Legendary Ike?

• Whoa! Only 90s Kids will catch the reference to his Affinity!
    • Not a cute girl/10
    • Legendary Marth when?
    • Actually I'm really concerned about alternate costumes taking the place of New Heroes so I don't feel like joking around right now...

This banner is completely bullshit. Used all the orbs I had for what ? Gunnthra and Summer Frederick, with bad IVs of course, and a dupe and non-interesting Siegbert. Seriously. I'm so salty....

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ledrert said:

This banner is completely bullshit. Used all the orbs I had for what ? Gunnthra and Summer Frederick, with bad IVs of course, and a dupe and non-interesting Siegbert. Seriously. I'm so salty....

Could be worse. 

You could be me, who, even at 11%, still hasn't gotten any of them at all

2 hours ago, Motendra said:

Could be worse. 

You could be me, who, even at 11%, still hasn't gotten any of them at all

Sitting in the same boat here. 11%. All my TT and Anniversary orbs went into this. For nothing. It will take ages to work my way up from 0 orbs again. I don't ever want to remember this banner again. This may even cause me to avoid all Legendary banners in the future, seeing as they are pure traps.

14 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Got a Performing Arts Azura fairly quickly and always had decent luck with Legendary banners.

How exactly are they traps? 

The rate improvement compared to a normal banner is only 2%. Plus unless you don't care about which 5* you get out of a certain colour, the chance to be pity broken is actually very high (Normally there's only one focus unit, with other 5* having less chances of showing up). The game goads you with a seemingly perfect opportunity, but it's not actually that great of a deal.

Was able to pull legendary Ike(-atk unfortunately), Fjorm, Summer Robin, Summer Xander (+atk -res !), and at the end PA Azura (-atk unfortunately). I'm pretty happy with my pulls, I used a total 140 orbs, which included the anniversary gift. Will save my orbs now and pull on the next legendary banner.

52 minutes ago, Nanima said:

The rate improvement compared to a normal banner is only 2%.

"Only"? An extra 2% equates to 80 Orbs dumped into the banner before you use your own. That's hardly insignificant, especially for any true f2p players.

I barely spent any orbs on the first 2 legendary banners, but decided to spend the 50 orbs we got on this one since there wasn't a single want I didn't want for some reason. 

I'm down to 1 orb, so I'm pretty much done with this banner, but I'm happy with the results I got from it :

- Sanaki (+Def/-Res). She got merged into my +Atk/-HP Sanaki, making her +4.
- Fjorm (+Def/-Spd). Decided to merge her into the free neutral Fjorm. 

I had built up a 10.5% pity rate a that point, so I was really glad to get two 5* in the same summon.

- Gunnthrá (+Def/-Res). The nature is not ideal, but I'm glad I got her (and she still reaches 30 Res with her weapon and Fortress Res)
- L!Ike (Neutral). I remember having to deposit my phone right after selecting the red orb. I was pretty shocked to pick up my phone to see Ike waiting for me. 

This pull happened right after the previous one. Considering I had to build quite a pity rate to get my first 5* pulls, I certainly wasn't expecting to get 2 other legendary heroes right after.

- P!Azura(+Atk/-Def) : I missed out on her back when her banner ran, so I'm really happy to finally get my hands on her.
Yet again, this pull happened right the previous one. 5 focus units in 60 orbs. I could have used that luck back in the CYL banner.

- Faye(+Spd/-Res) : I'm working on a tanky Faye build using Guard Bow, so an additional merge to make her +4 was welcome. 
I managed to scrounge up 25 orbs from the daily map and dev maps this morning and decided to spend them. The full pull got me nothing, but I decided to spend to spend the last 5 orbs in the chance of getting B!Lucina. No blue orbs sadly, just 2 greens and 3 grays. No idea what the other 4 orbs hid, but I'm happy the gray orb I picked wasn't a Gaius. 

So overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. I got all the heroes I really wanted from the banner, with the exception of B!Lucina who evades me yet again, but walking away from a banner with four new 5* and 2 additional merges for 5* exclusive units I like is more than enough to make up for it. 

Two Fayes one garbage the other -HP/+Res. That's two Firesweep Bow+ fodder right there.

One Siegbert that's +Atk/-Spd. I guess that's better for horse emblem and is probably my better siegbert consider the others ones I have are +HP/-Atk/-Spd.

And at the very desperate end I managed to get Vike +Def/-Spd which is not a bad nature at all just makes him more defensive so I'm happy about that. I also got another one on my alt acc that's +Atk/-HP so I'm really happy about that as well.

Overall this was decent, though a little lackluster for all the amount of orbs I put in.

Now I move on to Hero Fest. Nephenee, here I come!

I pulled 6 focus units on this banner, all of them green. Since I did want PA!Azura and Gunnthra, this is fine. Guess I'll go for RD!Ike on the next legendary banner.

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

the chance to be pity broken is actually very high 

Puts you right back at 8%, which is higher than you normally get when you get your first 5* unit on average on normal banners. Seems like a great deal to me. 

Besides, I don't often snipe for units, I just collect those I miss and generally in legendary banners, that is most of them. :)

20 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Puts you right back at 8%, which is higher than you normally get when you get your first 5* unit on average on normal banners. Seems like a great deal to me. 

Besides, I don't often snipe for units, I just collect those I miss and generally in legendary banners, that is most of them. :)

Not when your luck is terrible. And given that Legendary banners run for a shorter amount of time than others in conjunction with that, I'd say so, considering my track record with them. Of all the orbs I've had since this banner, I'm currently at 2

Maybe I'm just sweet on Legendary banners since they appeal directly to my desire to collect every unit. I would be in love with any banner or mechanic that allows me another shot at seasonals. The 5 star pool isn't getting any smaller, so it's nice to collect some guys I would have never earned like Deirdre, Takumi, and Celica.

3 hours ago, Motendra said:

Not when your luck is terrible. And given that Legendary banners run for a shorter amount of time than others in conjunction with that, I'd say so, considering my track record with them. Of all the orbs I've had since this banner, I'm currently at 2

How many orbs did you spend on the banner? Two 5* units does not seem like bad luck to me if all you've had to spend are the f2p orbs.

Because I had a pretty nice stash of orbs, I decided to have one more go. Spent about 15 orbs and got myself a Faye. Somehow I managed to get all the characters I wanted while avoiding the summer units! I couldn't avoid Ike, but at the very least I got Siegbert! Faye means that Virion can finally get that sweet Firesweep Bow. And I also picked up a Takumi. IDK who's getting Close Counter. I want to build a Close Counter mage just not sure yet. There's always Merric of course, but I may wait and see if I can get an armored mage.

And 1487 orbs later, Legendary Ike emerges! And he's -Def/+Res... I think I'm done with legendary Banners. At the very least the next legendary hero better be paired with other units I actually want. If they're not then I guess the fact that we know they'll appear on two more banners means two more chances to see them paired with somebody decent before even bothering to try. Though thinking about it, I think Vanguard Ike was one of the very last two characters I hoped to get just because of who they are. The only other one I can think of being Xane. So aside from Xane himself, the last two valor skills, or a completely new type of unit like an armored healer, I think I'll have a very easy time convincing myself to skip out on banners now. One thing I learned from this month is that it is actually more rewarding to skip out on banners in the long term. I skipped the four children of Fate since none of them really had anything to noteworthy in my eyes, and I have since gotten 3 of them in my quest to get other units this month (Including more Siegberts than I could ever think of anything to do with!) making me all the more glad I didn't actively pursue them.

17 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

How many orbs did you spend on the banner? Two 5* units does not seem like bad luck to me if all you've had to spend are the f2p orbs.

Every F2P orb I can get my hands on, which includes the 50 we just got, half of the TT rewards, and all but I think 2 from the dev challenges. And still, I haven't gotten a single 5* unit off this banner.

Some of those could have went to Hero Fest, where even if I don't get any if the focus units, I could get something else entirely, which would be better than nothing.

Oh I apologize, I thought you said you've gotten two which would have been fairly average luck for that amount of orbs. I'm guessing 5* should pop up on average once for every 40/50 orbs spent on 8% odds.

Getting none is an annoying string of bad luck though but probably not anything exceptional.

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Every F2P orb I can get my hands on, which includes the 50 we just got, half of the TT rewards, and all but I think 2 from the dev challenges. And still, I haven't gotten a single 5* unit off this banner.

Some of those could have went to Hero Fest, where even if I don't get any if the focus units, I could get something else entirely, which would be better than nothing.

Getting to 11% meant you pulled 30 units on the legendary banner without a 5*, which has a 5.4% chance of happening. It sucks, but it's bound to happen to some people.

11 hours ago, Nanima said:

Sitting in the same boat here. 11%. All my TT and Anniversary orbs went into this. For nothing. It will take ages to work my way up from 0 orbs again. I don't ever want to remember this banner again. This may even cause me to avoid all Legendary banners in the future, seeing as they are pure traps.

6 hours ago, Motendra said:

Can I join the "never again" legendary banner club? I got to 11% too, before getting -spd Seigbert and -spd Azura. No L Ike, no new units I wanted. 2 garbage IV units (and Azura not even new for me) and hardly even any good fodder either. I shouldn't have let myself fall into chasing the pity rate. It just felt so bad to see orbs sunk with such a high rate, but it just kept going.

I could have had all those orbs as more as more backup for the upcoming seasonals.. or really better used for anything compared to what they got me here. Been really salty the last few days.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Can I join the "never again" legendary banner club? I got to 11% too, before getting -spd Seigbert and -spd Azura. No L Ike, no new units I wanted. 2 garbage IV units (and Azura not even new for me) and hardly even any good fodder either. I shouldn't have let myself fall into chasing the pity rate. It just felt so bad to see orbs sunk with such a high rate, but it just kept going.

I could have had all those orbs as more as more backup for the upcoming seasonals.. or really better used for anything compared to what they got me here. Been really salty the last few days.

I'd kill for an Azura... I got broken by a Summer Xander that's probably not going to see any use once the TT ends since I have so many good greens. Trading function when?

Do what I do, and tell yourself those orbs were cursed, and would have gotten you off-focus junk if you'd used them on a seasonal banner.

I got to 10.50% pity rate while sniping red and colorless...and still no 5* units.  I think I dumped about 100 orbs into this banner, and once again, like every other banner...

EDIT: second alternate account's 75 orbs needed a Summer Fred, FINALLY.  Tbh though, those accounts are just so I can feel less salty about not getting the units I wanted and for harvesting free orbs when they come around.  I don't have enough time or energy to play on more than 1 account.

Edited by mewyeon