Do you have any consoles that are collecting dust?

Ronnie

Are there any consoles you own that you barely play nowadays and are just paper weight?

I feel that way about my PS2 and Dreamcast. I bought my PS2 a few years ago out of nostalgia for games I played as a kid. After satiating my curiosity of playing those old games, I stopped using it.
As for the Dreamcast, I bought it on a whim. I forgot how expensive DC games are so I kinda regret getting it. I was thinking of burning DC games on a blank disc but I haven't figured it out yet. Either way, they're both collecting dust.

I've got an original Xbox that's just setting in a drawer. I got it after my 360 because...I can't really remember, maybe for the few games that weren't 360 compatible? Even then, I haven't gotten anything that would require me to use it and it's one of the larger consoles I own, so it takes up a lot of space. Hell, I get more value from my Sega Genesis and I own that for only one game. Guess it's time I find the Xbox a new home.

My DSi, GBA and my Wii are all  just kind of sitting there gathering dust.  I use them every once in a while,  but not for months in between times.

Thinking

GBC - Only play without batteries  via Using the adapter plugged to the wall. For this reason i mostly just leave it in storage since the GBA charger is easier to use and I can use the game away from the wall for an hour and half.

Wii - it's locked in a toolbox. I keep it around because it has some virtual console stuff on it that I don't want to bother transfering to Wii U.

Xbox 360 - It's kind of gathering dust tbh. 

Wii U - I feel like I don't use it enough. 2017 I used it for Breath of the Wild, Boom Blox, and very little else. 

N64, PS2, and GCN remain as my most played consoles (in 2017, as well as overall). DS, PS4, and GBA SP get enough use for me not to feel guilty for keeping them around, but if I think about it I don't use them near as much as my favored three.

Edited by Reality

Once I got my 3DS, Wii U, and Switch, my older systems began to collect dust (and my house gets dusty often). For years now my GBC and GBA have sat in the Game Boy bag (actually a cooler. Don't worry, there's no ice in it). My original Xbox, PS2, and Wii have simply sat on the top of the TV cabinet in my room, though I recently cleaned up, rearranged the shelves and the TV and replaced the cabinet with a better one. Now those systems sit in the cabinet underneath, with the PS2 ready to be hooked up whenever I wish to play it again.

Since we got a brand spanking new smart TV for the living room for Christmas, my parents got a bigger cabinet to sit it on, while the old cabinet went in my room. I haven't hooked the Wii U or PS4 back up, but I plan to move the Wii U to my room anyway. I just wish my mom would stop trying to get me to get rid of my old systems. -_-

44 minutes ago, Reality said:

Wii - it's locked in a toolbox. I keep it around because it has some virtual console stuff on it that I don't want to bother transfering to Wii U.

If you decide to do that, make sure you do it before the Wii Shop Channel shuts down next year. It's the last online function the Wii still has left, and once it's gone, you may no longer be able to use the Transfer Tool. But don't quote me on that.

At the moment primarily my 360. Which the only game I'd play on it at the moment would be Vesperia so yeah. I occasionally bring out my gba nowadays to play some FE8, beyond those though the wii hasn't been touched in a while and my 3ds hasn't been played too much ever since I got an replacement one. Mostly it's just been me playing the switch and once in a while the ps4 for a few days.

My GBAs and Xbox 360. I just haven't played a GBA game on a while and the only ones I really play are Pokemon games on it. As for the Xbox, it's basically just a glorified Netflix machine. I don't actually play any games on it as most I also own on PC. The only games I'd play on it would be like, Halo or something. But idk, I don't care too much for it. I do care for my GBAs tho. <3 hearts for GBA <3

PS2- don't have any games for it, but I want to get some.

N64- the games all look like ass on my 4K TV. Otherwise I would play Ocarina of Time again.

Wii- If I want to play Wii games, I have a Wii U. I'll only use my Wii as a Gamecube.

SNES Classic(?)- I play it sometimes, but some games I don't have the patience for right now, and some play times can amount to 2 or 3 days of playtime. Others are about as hard as one would expect for 1995.

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

DSi XL. Stopped using it after I got my 3DS XL

I did the same thing for a while, but I like the way non-3D games look on the DSi better than how they look on my 3DS.

My Wii was also just collecting dust until I started another playthrough of PoR.

I guess the only ones I don't play are my PS1, which I intend to get back to a few games on, and the PS2 I got at the thrift store only to realize it couldn't read memory cards when I got it home.

2 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

Wii U. I deeply regret getting it, and I don't actually recall it having any good games.

List of Wii U Exclusives

Spoiler

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario 3D World
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Maker

Pikmin 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
FAST Racing NEO
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Yoshi's Woolly World
The Wonderful 101
ZombiU
Pokken Tournament
Hyrule Warriors

Paper Mario: Color Splash
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Sonic: Lost World

There are some really nice games in there! You at least played Tropical Freeze or 3D World, right?

@Reality @LucarioGamer812 @SuperIb For your 360s, I recommend Bangai-O HD. I still haven't found another game that gave me as much quality gameplay for $10...

Right now only the PS3 is gathering dust in my home, but I intend to play it more at some point.

19 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Wii and Wii U. Sad to admit I actually got the Wii U. At least it had SOME good games.

17 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

Wii U. I deeply regret getting it, and I don't actually recall it having any good games.

There's 2 types of people in the world.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:58 PM, Zera said:

List of Wii U Exclusives

Hide contents

There are some really nice games in there! You at least played Tropical Freeze or 3D World, right?

I got a good chunk of the games in that list. HATED Rainbow Curse, Mario Maker, and especially Splatoon. Captain Toad was boring. Got BotW on the Switch, it didn't interest me that much. Rayman Legends was fun but, I lost interest halfway through. I didn't find SSB4 as fun as Melee and Brawl. The only game I can recall really liking is 3D World, but Odyssey blew it out of the water.

Some games, such as MK8, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, etc. I never got. I'll most likely never get MK8D. I'm considering getting the Tropical Freeze Switch port when it releases, as I like platformers. If Pikmin 4 ever releases on the Switch, I might get that as well.

I don't ever plan on going back to the Wii U. Big disappointment to me.

Edited by Hectorcopter

My Wii, 3DS, NES Classic, and my Wii U. That is because I play my Switch the majority of the time, but I play my 3DS on occasion, I rarely play my Wii. I haven't been playing my Wii U because I use it for social media, I lost intrest in the NES Classic when I got my Switch, but I got my NES Classic a few days before I got my Switch.

I sold several consoles (SNES, GBC, GBA, N64, Xbox 360), but my original Xbox, Wii and Gamecube are collecting dust so far. ATM I mainly use my Xbox one x and from time to time Wii U/Vita/3DS.

Edit: I actually like my Wii U. 150h in BotW, 50h+ in Smash, Hyrule Warriors and Fast Racing Neo. Not the greatest console ever, but I don't regret buying it.

Edited by Assurhaddon

I have so many consoles. Here's a list:

• GBA SP
  • DS (Yup, the clunker model)
  • DS lite
  • 3DS XL
  • New 3DS XL
  • Wii
  • Wii U
  • Switch
  • PSP (1 Korean, 1 Japanese)
  • PS Vita TV
  • PS1 (1 US, 1 Japanese)
  • PS2 (1 US, 1 Japanese)
  • PS3 (320GB)
  • PS4 (1TB)
  • Sega Genesis (needs fixing)
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Sega CD (Also needs fixing)
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • Xbox 360

Wow, I've been playing videogames since Ronald Reagan was the POTUS, and it shows if you ever look at my storage bins!

I used to have a Sega Saturn, a NES and a Gamecube, but the NES and Saturn both broke when I was too young to understand how to fix busted parts and I traded in my Gamecube (like an idiot) to pay for my Wii (still got the games though). As for which ones are gathering dust, The only home consoles currently hooked up are the Wii U, Switch, PS3, and PS4. I go through phases where I get back into portables, but I haven't charged up any of them since, um... I wanna say since I beat FE: SoV, which was about a month after it came out.

Now I'm curious if anybody on this forum can out-old me with an Atari 2600 or an Intellivision or something. It only counts if you owned it when they were still selling them in stores, though.

3 hours ago, Omegaprism said:

Now I'm curious if anybody on this forum can out-old me with an Atari 2600 or an Intellivision or something. It only counts if you owned it when they were still selling them in stores, though.

I think my parents used to own an Atari of some kind at the time. Afaik it was long gone by the time I was born.