If there was a Blazing Sword remake...

LdotRage

9 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

In that case you probably need get more training in not killing enemies. As for bosses high resistance is plus that means Nino can attack them more times before they get killed. 

Given many characters need quite time build their supports there is no reason kill bosses quickly anyway. 

Edit: I forgot about items too, they can help Nino catch up faster. 

I would say it's not so much of a positive when most bosses at that point have higher Resistance than Defense (the only exception being Linus, who you might not fight depending on how much you leveled up your lords, and even then he's still on a throne, which gives +5 Resistance). And worse yet, Nino can't attack any of the bosses except for one (Denning) safely. So not only is she dealing that ever-so-nice "NO DAMAGE!", she's getting maimed in return. Yay? Stat boosters aren't an argument in her favour, because I could just as easily give those to anybody else and get more mileage out of them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

That's not true. Majority bosses have two weapons, meele and ranged. As long as you make sure they keep their meele equipped Nino can attack safely. 

Unfortunately for Nino, the bolded is false. Most bosses at that point have 1-2 range weapons (once again, the only exception is Denning, who is a Sniper).

Edited by Shadow Mir

Either Loid or Linus too, but you are not wrong. Regardless she has usually pretty easy time. 

And of course Stat boosters wasn't meant to argument about Nino "greatness" . You asked how to level her more easily her and this was one of answers I came with. I don't use it (except drops), but I don't struggle either. If you want use her this can make it easier for you. 

My actual advice: "don't use Nino, if you are not comfortable with it, others are and her character is meant for them. Use Erc or Pent instead" 

25 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Either Loid or Linus too, but you are not wrong. Regardless she has usually pretty easy time. 

And of course Stat boosters wasn't meant to argument about Nino "greatness" . You asked how to level her more easily her and this was one of answers I came with. I don't use it (except drops), but I don't struggle either. If you want use her this can make it easier for you. 

They have Light Brands, which are ranged weapons. And I call BS on her "having a pretty easy time" when she hits bosses' higher defensive stat, especially the ones on Thrones and Kaim, who is on a space that allows him to laugh at any magic not named Luna.

And my point is more that the stat boosters could just as easily have been used up by the time Nino's relevant.

48 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Light Brand AND silver sword. You can avoid LB. And again it's up to you how you use your boosters. I don't use them on Nino either. 

Nope, nope, nope. The Light Brand is the only weapon he uses in Cog of Destiny. So there's no "avoiding" it.

If I may, the brothers are actually one of the easier sources for Nino to boss abuse. You either just have her attack from range, where Light Brand is weaker against her. Or have her talk to them, so they move off the throne to negate the bonuses, then box them in with units that can withstand their attacks.

This is easier with Lloyd because he will never choose to attack her. He will always go attack another unit even if Nino is right beside him. I'm pretty sure Linus will go and attack her, so if you choose to move him off the throne, then use a flier or Rescue staff to move Nino out of the way, then box him in.

Yes, it was.

It's become a thing in recent Fire Emblem games like Radiant Dawn and Awakening for Wyvern Riders to wield axes (and lances upon promotion), so perhaps Heath and Vaida should too, instead of starting with lances and gaining swords.

Edited by Paper Jam

• 2 weeks later...

If they would add some cutscenes into the game as well as keeping some CGs (like in Echoes) that will add a big change to how the game is laid out. Of course other changes like:

• Making it a bit more modern-ish with the graphics
  • Making the conversation scenes more interesting
  • Combat style

etc, would be a great idea too but overall, it needs to have cutscenes somewhere (in my opinion).

It would be awesome to have some cutscenes in the more pivotal/dramatic moments such as Elbert's death, Ninian changing to a dragon or the final battle versus Nergal.

Edited by Sushi_Cat

• 1 month later...

IF they were to remake FE7, I'd want most things left alone. It really has aged extremely well and, for the most part, nothing really needs updating. But if they did remake it, I suppose some of the things I'd want are...

• Voice acting, like in Shadows of Valentia.
  • Don't make ALL the weapons unbreakable, but make SOME of them unbreakable. I think the Mani and Sol Kattis, Wolf Beil, Durandal, and Armads should all be unbreakable, but all the other plain weapons (iron/steel/silver, killer, etc.) should remain breakable. Maybe give Mani Katti and Wolf Beil a "recharge" system to balance them, since you have them from practically the very beginning, but definitely make them unbreakable.
  • We all know Eliwood marries Ninian and Ninian is Roy's mom, m'kay? Intelligent Systems, you really don't hide it well. Make it canon already. But DON'T make any other pairing canon, including Lyn/Rath, Lyn/Hector, and Hector/Florina.
  • Balance the units and enemies a bit more, it'd be great if characters like Renault and Karla were as viable as others.
  • Maybe add a skill system of sorts?
  • Change the way supports are gained so it doesn't take so long to get them.
  • Make Lyn's role in the overall story stronger and more prominent, and maybe add a few things to Lyn's beginning story to help a bit.
  • I don't really want Mark to become Robin or Corrin-like, but they could be expanded upon as an actual character in some way.

Blazing sword is pretty good even to this day and can easily be played by anyone who is mildly interested in strategy games so I don't see the point of remaking it since there are very few things I would change.But if I had to to there still are some small editions

1. Add the quality of life improvements from the ds and 3ds games (skipping enemy phase, speeding the game up, turning animations off for dancers and staves etc.)

2. triple effectivness of effective weaponry.

3. Make the enemies a bit more threathening (higher stats & better/varied equipment) and try to have more variation in the sort of enemies you face.

4. Fix Night of Farewells, that map is super tedious.

I know that a lot of people want to change the story. But I don't think that the story needs major fixing beyond a few lines being a bit dump and tbh I think that when IS would change the story they would add things I wouldn't appreciate.