Serenes Forest 5★ Lv.40+10 Compendium Thread

Raven

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Raven When the majority of units are coming from two whales, you might wanna consider separating them into 2 sections (like, F2P and Sea World). Dunno bout everybody else, but I'm only interested to see what people do when they're using limited resources.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

@Raven When the majority of units are coming from two whales, you might wanna consider separating them into 2 sections (like, F2P and Sea World). Dunno bout everybody else, but I'm only interested to see what people do when they're using limited resources.

Nah, that's not the point of a compendium. All units go in a single list, as long as they're all belonging to an SF member.

@Kaoxt You can post all your images in a single Imgur album and just post the link to the album, as Ice Dragon did.

Edited by Raven

8 hours ago, Raven said:

@KaoxtNah, that's not the point of a compendium. All units go in a single list, as long as they're all belonging to an SF member.

That's a shame, cuz it really undermines the effort that everyone else has put into their units.

23 minutes ago, Johann said:

That's a shame, cuz it really undermines the effort that everyone else has put into their units.

I don't see how a whale posting their collection undermines the work an f2p puts into their own units. Effort is effort, whether it's effort put into working a job to acquire all that money dumped into the game to collect so many units in such a short time, or whether it's months spent collecting 220,000 or more feathers to finally complete your favourite unit. Segregating that kind of stuff just causes problems I cannot be bothered to deal with. Feel free to browse through people's individual posts within this topic and decide for yourself how much we've all spent on Heroes. You probably won't know how much I've spent based on my completed Nino unless I told you.

15 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That would also run into the weird distinction of trying to define who goes where, then. I'm not F2P, but I'm also a fairly low spender, so I also wouldn't qualify as a whale. I guess it could be divided into three sections, but then that still leaves the problem of where to draw the line for the cut-offs.

This, also. Aside from true F2P who have spent literally nothing, who's to decide on where individuals are ranked on the whale scale. It's nonsensical to segragate based simply on how much a person has spent, and I'm sure as hell not going to tell everyone to post how much they've spent on the game just to put their units into the appropriate list. That would be rather inappropriate and completely against the idea of this compendium.

This is a collection of completed units. It doesn't matter who posted it or how much was spent acquiring those units. What matters is that they're 5*+10 and the owner is a member of the SF community. If this topic was about the individual's collection, I'd have the list sorted by username and not unit name.

35 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That would also run into the weird distinction of trying to define who goes where, then. I'm not F2P, but I'm also a fairly low spender, so I also wouldn't qualify as a whale. I guess it could be divided into three sections, but then that still leaves the problem of where to draw the line for the cut-offs.

@Raven There's a pretty stark difference between spending money to get one or two copies of a unit and deliberately spending enough to +10 a unit (more notable when said units are brand new and/or seasonal). The sheer number of pulls for someone in the latter category is also more than enough feathers to get even more +10's.

I'm not saying to disregard these players and their units, but I do suggest that, rather than put them in with everyone else's, just make a separate list on the front page for them personally, like so:

[username]'s 5*+10's:

• Ike (link to image)
  • Lyn
  • Reinhardt
  • etc

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm not saying to disregard these players and their units, but I do suggest that, rather than put them in with everyone else's, just make a separate list on the front page for them personally, like so:

That defeats the purpose of the compendium. The compendium is a place to see what +10 Nowis other players have made and not what +10 units Ice Dragon has made. The layout of the compendium should therefore reflect that purpose and group strictly by character.

It does no one good if to look up Nowi, you have to check under the "Nowi" heading and then go to every whale's list and see if they have a Nowi in it.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

That defeats the purpose of the compendium. The compendium is a place to see what +10 Nowis other players have made and not what +10 units Ice Dragon has made. The layout of the compendium should therefore reflect that purpose and group strictly by character.

It does no one good if to look up Nowi, you have to check under the "Nowi" heading and then go to every whale's list and see if they have a Nowi in it.

That's fair, I'm looking at this from the perspective of "I wanna see who made what" and not "I wanna see what units are being made"

25 minutes ago, Johann said:

@Raven There's a pretty stark difference between spending money to get one or two copies of a unit and deliberately spending enough to +10 a unit (more notable when said units are brand new and/or seasonal). The sheer number of pulls for someone in the latter category is also more than enough feathers to get even more +10's.

[username]'s 5*+10's:

• Ike (link to image)
  • Lyn
  • Reinhardt
  • etc

Sorry, it's not happening, for the reasons I've already mentioned. As for making a separate list for each user, that is extra unnecessary work. People are free to create their own list of their completed units in their own posts, if they so wish.

A unit compendium is about the units, and it is arranged by unit name for that reason. If people feel undermined because they have less 5*+10 units than the whales, that's for them to deal with their own insecurities regarding a mobile game on an internet forum. Listing them by username will certainly not help them.

Edited by Raven

Here are my 2 so far. https://imgur.com/gallery/aOqgQ

Amelia is waiting for me to decide which nature to go with, and Caeda will be +10 in less than 24 hours. I could +10 Fjorm but I don’t have an ideal nature and she has pretty good skills for fodder. 

With my nearly half a million feathers, I really want to +10 something but I’m too indesisive. 

Edited by Hawk King

46 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Looking at Ice Dragon's units...

You're telling me that the developer dragon team were pretty much +10s with summoner support/blessing stst boosts effectively

In general, the dev Arena teams on Lunatic are basically +20 units. One other big one I can recall is one of the previous sets had a Rein with something like +4 Atk over a normal +10, +Atk Rein.

I'm currently debating whether to throw 40k or 60k at Draug merges. If I go with the latter, he'll end up beating Tiki to hitting +10. Actually, that'd be pretty funny if I do that, then post the screenshot here, because his build has a lot of nonsensical elements due to me being mostly just concerned with SP value.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Looking at Ice Dragon's units...

You're telling me that the developer dragon team were pretty much +10s with summoner support/blessing stst boosts effectively

The hard difficulty is their exact teams with however many merges they had on their characters reflected in the stats. Lunatic difficulty just adds 4 to every single stat.

I think I will go and +10 a healer to get a little more healer love in this thread. Sakura or Serra?

22 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I think I will go and +10 a healer to get a little more healer love in this thread. Sakura or Serra?

Reminding me I should probably work on Lachesis at some point. She's at +6 right now, and I have 1 spare 5-star and 3 spare 4-star copies sitting around right now.

55 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

If you're taking votes, Serra. I've seen a few Sakuras around, but I don't think I've even ever seen a 5* Serra in Arena, never mind 5* +10.

Well her stat line is extremely similar to Sakura's so she actually intrigued me as a potential build. Res seems like the best choice for her dump stat, I just don't know if I want Atk, Spd or Def boon. Probably +Spd just so she can be a bit different than Sakura.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reminding me I should probably work on Lachesis at some point. She's at +6 right now, and I have 1 spare 5-star and 3 spare 4-star copies sitting around right now.

I've been looking at her lately wondering how to build her. You going with +Atk/-Spd?

I guess I'll start off with Caeda (even though I'll probably end up updating the image when the version change happens Edit: updated):

Spoiler

Oia47Y1.jpg

and Eirika:

Spoiler

M8TPXuc.jpg

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I honestly have no clue.

Her stats look like she might run Pain+ with CC, Vantage and double Savage Blow well. Or drop the CC and Vantage and let her Razzle Dazzle everything with dancer support.