We should vote for a rare/limited character

Junkhead

My sights are on Winter Tharja. Not a fan of her (at all), but not only is she an amazing unit, but she's just as good for fodder, which is what I want her for (Vengeful Fighter, Close Counter, Candelabra).

I think it'd be lame to waste it on characters we see all the time, and this also goes for Vanguard Ike (whom I think I've heard a word or two floating around), and let alone with the "Legendary Heroes" banners we get.

But legendary banners are not the easiest to pull units on and there's no guarantee that the units in question will always be on the banner. I won't pull for Ike but won't mind getting him for this. I really, really don't want Winter Tharja. I don't want her in my catalogue or on my account at all, personally. Same with the brides.

I wouldn't go for one in the common pool, but it's not like you can be pity broken by a legendary, either and they're not the most available of units.

I do wish they'd left people just pick a unit, since it's a free 5* either way. I feel people will be left unhappy with the choice, even if it is a free 5* in the end...

I'm voting for Vanguard Ike.

I already have him, but regardless. If it wasn't for the free Fjorm, I wouldn't have even one of her, and I've dropped close to 500 orbs onto all the Legendary banners so far, not skipping a summon. I'm sure people are in the same situation regarding Ike.

Edited by Raven

14 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'm voting for Vanguard Ike.

I already have him, but regardless. If it wasn't for the free Fjorm, I wouldn't have even one of her, and I've dropped close to 500 orbs onto all the Legendary banners so far, not skipping a summon. I'm sure people are in the same situation regarding Ike.

yeah not everyone is a whale

So I voted for Ike

I voted for Gunnthra.  I don't want to deal with Legendary banners for horsemage emblem.

However, I unfortunately expect VIke to win, which would be a massive bummer as someone who despises Ike, especially RD Ike.

I wish they'd let us choose from the top four.  Choosing anyone is a bit much, but I'm sure everyone can find SOMETHING appealing among the top four spots.  Even if they're not your absolute fav, it's better than being forced to get someone you hate simply because you don't like the majority favorite...

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I voted for Gunnthra.  I don't want to deal with Legendary banners for horsemage emblem.

However, I unfortunately expect VIke to win, which would be a massive bummer as someone who despises Ike, especially RD Ike.

I wish they'd let us choose from the top four.  Choosing anyone is a bit much, but I'm sure everyone can find SOMETHING appealing among the top four spots.  Even if they're not your absolute fav, it's better than being forced to get someone you hate simply because you don't like the majority favorite...

If you don't like the character, they can always be used for skill fodder. 

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

If you don't like the character, they can always be used for skill fodder. 

I mean, yeah, but I am extremely paranoid about foddering rare units.  I have a spare Summer Xander sitting in my barracks untouched, and I would have foddered him if not for a "what if I get another unit who can use this rare skill better later" mentality.  

I still stick to the statement that Hector is definitively the best overall choice for everyone, DC is still the best fodder skill in the game and Hector himself is incredibly popular 

8 hours ago, Soul~! said:

My sights are on Winter Tharja. Not a fan of her (at all), but not only is she an amazing unit, but she's just as good for fodder, which is what I want her for (Vengeful Fighter, Close Counter, Candelabra).

I think it'd be lame to waste it on characters we see all the time, and this also goes for Vanguard Ike (whom I think I've heard a word or two floating around), and let alone with the "Legendary Heroes" banners we get.

Take into account that legendary heroes aren't the easiest to pull either. Legendary banners temp you with 8% base, but there are too many guys per color, not to mention the stones of the new legendary heroe tend to be the ones appearing the fewest per section. Right Gunnthra :dry:?

I already got all the previous important rare units, by saving my orbs for them. So that just leaves Ike for a unit I want.

Having Winter Tharja as the face of this game's popularity contest and its new Xenologue would just be weird. Hector would be fine, but lots of us already have him, and we're going to get at least one upgraded version of Hector this year. Probably two, honestly.

I'm neither a whale and neither have I gotten a Hector- Ever. He's still one of the more common units in banners, and I always found DC overrated in practice. 

Honestly, any of the rare units work... Jakob and Henry are also very good choices. 

Wait, if legendary banners are so bad, then why do people summon on them. Besides, the legendary heroes don’t seem to be that good anyway. Gunnthra is outclassed by Celicia in both Offense, build potential, and availability, while Ike can’t comepare to the amount of swords in the game like Ayra and Mia, and still get’s one shot by Reinhardt. The only one I’d call good is Fjorm, due to her 1) being free, 2) giving a free water blessing, and 3) her great help in arena scoring

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Wait, if legendary banners are so bad, then why do people summon on them. Besides, the legendary heroes don’t seem to be that good anyway. Gunnthra is outclassed by Celicia in both Offense, build potential, and availability, while Ike can’t comepare to the amount of swords in the game like Ayra and Mia, and still get’s one shot by Reinhardt. The only one I’d call good is Fjorm, due to her 1) being free, 2) giving a free water blessing, and 3) her great help in arena scoring

It's all subjective. Legendary banners are only bad if you want one particular unit from a colour, since the chances are split between the 3 units. As for how "good" units are, they should not be based off how well they can hold up against meta units like Reinhardt, because that small-handed shit can ORKO about 90% of the game's units anyway with DB3, Moonbow, QP, and a simple Hone Cavalry buff.

Both Gunnthra and Vanguard Ike give bonus points in arena scoring during their seasons, just like Fjorm does. I'm also pretty sure that if Vanguard Ike were to be given out for free, he would also come with an earth blessing for everyone to use. Were VIke to win, based on your own requirements of what makes a Legendary Hero "good", he too would be good - despite his inability to stand up to Reinhardt.

@Poimagic No arguing the other points, but how does Cecilia beat Gunnthra in offense? Gunnthra trades 1 point of attack for 8 points of speed.

Anyway, DC is pretty sweet, but I'd also quite like a new character. I'm probably going to go with the characters I'd like even though there's no chance of them winning, but I'd be cool with Hector or V!Ike.

Cecilia's base stats are pretty crappy unless you get some merges on and she actually gets to shine in a cav team. Not that Gunnthrá is much better but Gunnthrá is better for practical use outside cav teams as well as working as Arvis’ Ploy buddy. Chilling Seal is a great skill.

Anyway, we’re mostly voting for skill fodder. DC is great but I’d like Steady Breath, Warding Breath, Vengeful Fighter or Bold Fighter more.