Favourite Female protagonist

Ginger567

Favourite Female protagonist   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Female protagonist

Almost every Fire Emblem title has a leading Male and Female protagonist. 

So as the title suggests, Which Female protagonist is your favourite and why.

Since I don't know anything pre Binding blade so I have no idea if they have female protagonists thus didn't include them in the poll. Caeda and Lilina aren't Protagonists so they aren't included either.

Edited by Ginger567

I would say Corrin. I know that many people don't like her because of the Conquest route in Fates. But she shines because of the Birthright version. But if I could vote for two, I would say Celica. Celica she has a good story in Gaiden and its remake Echoes.

Yeah, I definitely had trouble spelling Eirika for a time.  That first "i" sure is a sneaky one, and it doesn't help that "Erika" is a fairly common name.

Anyway, out of this pool...

• Don't know much about Micaiah as I've scarcely even played RD; I only know that she performs controversial actions and then is later made irrelevant by Ike and a bunch of others.
  • Lyn's mode is a glorified tutorial, and then beyond that she's pretty much a side character.  She's okay enough, though I admit I've not explored all of her supports or even beaten the game she's from.  Kicks ass in FEW; she's probably my favorite sword user in that game.
  • I won't even get into Celica.  I was okay with her in Acts 2 and 3, but 4 was... ehhh...
  • Also won't go into Corrin for fear of beating a dead, decaying horse.  Not a fan.  I prefer to pretend they're a completely different character.
  • Lucina has some impact, but they ultimately make her feel like a sideline character in the main game.  That's redeemed somewhat in Future Past.  But regardless of that, there are certainly some good moments with her in the main story as well as among some supports.  Her character almost never seems to clash with anyone, which really should be less of a problem in supports.
  • Eirika is another whose game I've scarcely played, and yet another whose controversies I was made aware of through osmosis.  No opinion.

Given that I don't know the full story for three of these characters, I almost think I don't have a right to choose one over the rest.  But then again, Choose Your Legends polls have offered minor bosses from obscure games as choices, so...

At this point in time, Lucina's my favorite.  That could change as I continue to explore the series.

No Elincia? I know she isn't an actual lord, but she's still effectively the female protag of PoR and one of the two female protags of RD.

But I voted Celica here. I'm neutral on her, and I don't like any of the others.

Of the games these characters are from, I've only played Echoes (not yet finished) and Awakening, so I can really only talk about Celica and Lucina in terms of their roles in their narratives. Overall, Celica, though I think all of these characters are great in their own ways.

• Gameplay (Home Game): Celica. She herself can do anything you need her to do, and she's not a burden if you max her exp early like many other leads.
  • Gameplay (Heroes): I only have original Eirika and the 3 alternate Lucinas, but even still, all of these characters are great units and I'd be lucky to be able to use any of them.
  • Art Design (Home Game): Celica. Great hair, outfit, etc. Really helped by the art style in Echoes being so amazing.
  • Art Design (Heroes): Lucina (all versions but Spring). Original/Masked are flawless, and her CYL version is handled by her creator who really put everything into it.
  • Voice Acting: Lucina. Even though it's now split between two people's performances, both actresses bring a tremendous range and depth to the role. I'd extend this to Heroes as well, where I have heard
  • Role in Story: Celica leading her own group is great, it's such a departure from the typical FE group and really reinforces the notion of them being a rag-tag bunch lead by someone in a desperate situation needing help wherever she can get it. Don't all of these characters get sidelined for their male counterparts except Corrin (who's not strictly female anyway)?
  • Personality: Hard to pick. Their personalities are all pretty similar in what I've seen, as the narratives focus on them being heavily burdened leader types (which is done so often that it's hard to make fresh), and everything else tends to take a back seat to this aspect. I do enjoy Celica's decisiveness and that she was even to have a serious argument with Alm that ended up with her keeping to her own mission.
  • Best Moment: So far, Celica picking a fight with pirates cuz fuck them, which also forces Saber to help her

Someone can't spell names

I do have to agree with Ana in that Elincia should have been included. She is a very prominent character in the Tellius duology to point a whole part of RD  (Albeit short part) is dedicated to her. If Elincia were an option, I would have picked her. Also Robin (Since you included Corrin) and Azura should be here too.

However, for this list, I pick Celica. I find her design the best out of them all, her story arch is also the best IMO. She also happens to of a class I really like and I hope comes back. 2nd to her would be Lyn and Eirika who I can't really separate since I like them both equally.

3 hours ago, Kazuya said:

Dood, you spelt Eirika wrong. Also Celica, thanks

I'm a fast typer and apparently I didn't press the 'i' and failed to notice oops ^^; ...i edited it now.

35 minutes ago, Azz said:

Someone can't spell names

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

No Elincia? I know she isn't an actual lord, but she's still effectively the female protag of PoR and one of the two female protags of RD

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Where's Elincia?

58 minutes ago, Azz said:

I do have to agree with Ana in that Elincia should have been included. She is a very prominent character in the Tellius duology to point a whole part of RD  (Albeit short part) is dedicated to her. If Elincia were an option, I would have picked her. Also Robin (Since you included Corrin) and Azura should be here too.

Azura isn't a protagonist though.

The reason  why i didn't add Elincia is because regardless of her importance and prominent role, she isn't actually a protagonist of Por or Rd. She's more of a plot important character. 

Micaiha is the female lead of the radiant Saga, that's the reason I left Elincia off. 

I'll edit her in...if so many of you want her.

Edited by Ginger567

2 minutes ago, Ginger567 said:

Azura isn't a protagonist though.

The reason  why i didn't add Elincia is because regardless of her importance and prominent role, she isn't actually a protagonist of Por or Rd. She's more of a plot important character. 

Micaiha is the female lead of the radiant Saga, that's the reason I left Elincia off. 

I'll edit her in...

They're still main female protagonists though, and Micaiah is not in PoR at all, so she can't be called a female lord of the entire Tellius saga.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They're still main female protagonists though, and Micaiah is not in PoR at all, so she can't be called a female lord of the entire Tellius saga.

They maybe two saperate games but the Tellius saga is considered one as a whole. Micaiha plays a much bigger role then Elincia. I just feel like Elincia is more of a plot important character like sanaki, Tibarn etc that how I viewed it.

Most people here view her as a Lord so I added her.

6 minutes ago, Ginger567 said:

They maybe two saperate games but the Tellius saga is considered one as a whole. Micaiha plays a much bigger role then Elincia. I just feel like Elincia is more of a plot important character like sanaki, Tibarn etc that how I viewed it.

Except Elincia plays a bigger role by virtue of having a large role in both games and not just one. That's just how I see it, but if you don't want to see it that way, I can't stop you, I suppose.

17 minutes ago, Ginger567 said:

See, as much as I like Micaiah, I cannot agree to this. Micaiah COULD have been that important, had it not been for the fact that PoR was about Elincia ascending to the throne, and then Part 2 of RD had it be about how Elincia handled being on the throne, then Micaiah would have been more important. Elincia is the reason more or less why PoR even started, since her being found by Ike and then being supported by them enabled the plot to really come around. 

Micaiah only got about 2.5 parts out of Radiant Dawn, which sadly isn't enough. 

EDIT: Also, your poll has Micaiah's name misspelled. You spelled Micaiha instead of Micaiah.

-------

Now for this thread, my favorite female protagonist is none other than Lucina. Best female Lord right there. 

The fact that she grew up on a hellish world, where her father was killed, her mother vanished/died (if F!Robin is her mother, she vanishes), and she has to bear the burden of being the only known wielder of Falchion that can save the world from Grima. But despite her struggle, despite the blood that was shed, the trials that she had endured, Lucina... failed. It was only by Naga turning back time for her and Grima following Lucina that Lucina achieved even a form of victory. But likely Lucina was heartbroken at how she might have felt that she ultimately failed her world.

Edited by omegaxis1

To quote Merriam-Webster "the principal character in a literacy work" (Principal: Most important) 

That is a protagonist, while yes prominent characters are important, that doesn't make them the protagonist. Elinicia isn't a protagonist, she is a main part of the cast, not a main character (Main character is a synonym of Protagonist, they mean the same thing.) hence why she shouldn't be on the list, at all. 

Lucina shouldn't be here as she isn't the protagonist (That's Chrom and/or Robin or however you spell the Japanese name  (I forgot) ), but that gets a pass because I honestly don't want to hear about stupid crap people say. 

Celica is a bit different, she is one of two protagonists. 

Any and all debates about this is pretty pointless, but heeeey do whatever you want. 

45 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

To quote Merriam-Webster "the principal character in a literacy work" (Principal: Most important) 

That is a protagonist, while yes prominent characters are important, that doesn't make them the protagonist. Elinicia isn't a protagonist, she is a main part of the cast, not a main character (Main character is a synonym of Protagonist, they mean the same thing.) hence why she shouldn't be on the list, at all. 

Lucina shouldn't be here as she isn't the protagonist (That's Chrom and/or Robin or however you spell the Japanese name  (I forgot) ), but that gets a pass because I honestly don't want to hear about stupid crap people say. 

Celica is a bit different, she is one of two protagonists. 

Any and all debates about this is pretty pointless, but heeeey do whatever you want. 

If you want to be super picky, should Lyn even be here? She's not exactly a focus of most of the game.

My favourite is Celica by a mile, but I like Eirika as well. F!Corrin is decent, too, at least on the Birthright side of things.

They're all among my favourites, to be honest. Lucina gets a little bit overshadowed by the excellent rest of the cast, though.

I was one of the few who never understood the hate Micaiah got, though the jokes surrounding her never cease to amuse me for some reason, especially calling her "Failcaiah". That one just cracks me up.

On 2/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, Arthur97 said:

If you want to be super picky, should Lyn even be here? She's not exactly a focus of most of the game.

Doesn't matter how useless Lyn is, she is still one of the three protagonists, sadly. 

50 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

Doesn't matter how useless Lyn is, she is still one of the three protagonists, sadly. 

Guess it is sad when a main character (because Lucina is at least that) is more important than a protagonist.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Guess it is sad when a main character (because Lucina is at least that) is more important than a protagonist.

Well calling Lucina a main character is also wrong, as main character is a synonym for protag. Either way, they are both useless characters with no character to speak of. 

5 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

Well calling Lucina a main character is also wrong, as main character is a synonym for protag. Either way, they are both useless characters with no character to speak of. 

I was diverging the two. Protagonists would be Chrom and Robin. Main characters are like Emmeryn, Lucina, and Frederick. Then there are side characters like Cordelia, Gaius, and any of the other kids.

Also, Lucina at least has some impact on the plot as a whole while Lyn really doesn't. Though, judging by that last sentence, you sound a bit...bitter? Hateful?

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I was diverging the two. Protagonists would be Chrom and Robin. Main characters are like Emmeryn, Lucina, and Frederick. Then there are side characters like Cordelia, Gaius, and any of the other kids.

Also, Lucina at least has some impact on the plot as a whole while Lyn really doesn't. Though, judging by that last sentence, you sound a bit...bitter? Hateful?

I very much don't like how popular both are, they don't deserve it, in my opinion.