CYL 2 Unit Type/ Skills Prediction Thread

DefyingFates

Probably golden dagger for celica. Or what would be funny is the sagittae spell as a bow. Queen armor or gaiden outfit. Hector, sword and armored, uther inspired? Ephraim can use his dad's armor since he was a general. Veronica, I have absolutely no basis on.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Amelia and Meg exist.

According the Tellius Recollection vol 2,  Meg's approximate age is 16 (and hits like a wet noodle). As for Amelia she's about 15ish, true she know how to fight, but she is a trainee that struggles to weapons unpromoted.

13 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Either Veronica will be a staff user or Hector will be a bow user.  I don't think the other two can get away with being colorless.

I don't see how would Hector be able get away with being bow user either (Well I can see Celica being staff use pretty easily though as she can heal in every incarnation. Ephraim in other hand can apparently canonically use bows).

Unless you want Hector have Murglais proving that Lyn is his legal and only wife. Then yes bow is not just perfectly valid choice, but also obviously right one!

Edited by Tenzen12

Going off the assumption that they'd want one of each colour again like last time, because it just sorta works out nicely that way.

Red: Sword Infantry Celica with Beloved Zofia.
Blue: Lance Armour Hector with Rex Hasta.
Green: Axe Cavalry Ephraim with Garm.
Colourless: Staff Infantry Veronica with an original Norse-name legendary staff.

Veronica could also potentially be a flier I guess, if they wanted to balance out the movement types, and give us our first staff flyer. Not entirely sure what they're going to do for the outfits and such, whether they want to actually pull them together into a theme or not.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Veronica will wear Bruno's outfit, shirt ripping and all.

Considering how flat she is, that's not a impossible thought.

For ideas, I'd like celica with beloved zophia, as for the others, great knight ephriam with garm is not a ridiculous thought, I would like to get dussel with garm but I don't think that will happen, hector is up in the air, while I liked sword hector in BB I can't say that there are many weapons that I can think of for him, I'm just gonna skip veronica until veronica x xander is confirmed canon.

bonus points if we get a sibling setup and we can have ephriam crossdressing, I wonder if he can pull off erika's outfit.

I agree pretty much 100% with @Ressueah as far as theme. Only thing is maybe give Veronica a tome inspired by Sigmund instead of the actual sword.

On a side note, I'd feel a little bad for Duessel if they went that route since Ephraim would've stolen all his thunder. Also, even Uther!Hector will never be as cool as actual Uther :P

Edited by bottlegnomes

Set 1: "Obvious"

Spoiler

Red: Celica with Beloved Zofia (Infantry)
Very obvious choice since she specializes in both Magic and Sword. Heroes already has her magical side covered which leaves her expertise with her heirloom.

Blue: Hector with Rex Hasta (Armor)
In his game Rex Hasta was wielded by Darin, someone who really hated Hector and vice-versa. Seeing Hector ripping him this lance of his hand would be hilarious. Not to mention Uther was a General who only had the choice between Axes and Lances back then. Since the former is covered, Hector can claim the latter for himself.

Green: Ephraim with Garm (Cavalier)
Since Eirika came with Gleipnir, letting Ephraim have the other twin of Grado makes sense. Since he was a Great Knight in Awakening he is elligible to wield that weapon and it would be a chance for him to show that he is actually not that slow.

Colorless: Veronica with ??? (???)
She is literally the Wild Card. Aside from her own Legendary there is little to go about Veronica's inclusion as her CYL version.

Set 2: "Canonical"

Spoiler

Red: Hector with [Sword] (Armor)
His promotion in FE7 allowed him to wield Swords. That's it.

Blue: Celica with Seraphim (Infantry)
While Ragnarok is certainly her strongest magic (aside from the omega ver.) she has "holy" magic in her repetoire which in Heroes is firmly rooted in the Color Blue (see the last 2 banners for reference). Considering that she could appear as a Blue mage with little problem and if Ragnarok is an indication, Seraphim could something quite unique as well.

Green: Veronica with Elivagar (Infantry)
Since this is the only thing we can go about her it doesn't seem unlikely to get with her original tome.

Colorless: Ephraim with [Bow] (Infantry)
For those who played FE8 should know that he and Innes share a rivalrly between them. One of their showdowns included a match in Archery (see Ephraim x Tana's B Support). That means, Ephraim has skills wielding a Bow so it wouldn't be unlikely to see him as an Archer.

Set 3: "Electric Bungaloo"

Spoiler

Red: Ephraim with Upgraded Sieglinde (Cavalier)
Sons can snatch their weapons from their parents, so can Ephraim from Eirika. To make matters worse he gets an upgraded one while his sister can sulk in the corner with her refine-less one.

Blue: Veronica with Upgraded Valaskjalf (Cavalier)
Following that same trend, Veronica follows suit by stealing the tome from her brother and be on horseback to rub insult into injury. Playable Bruno? Jokes on you, have Veronica instead!

Green: Hector with Basilikos (Infantry)
But wait, we don't have to limit ourselves to steal Weapons from family. That's right, Hector just takes away Raven's newly acquired Axe and just uses it for himself. Who cares about Armads? It's weaker than this S-rank Axe in his game, so obviously that makes him that much better!

Colorless: Celica with Golden Dagger (Infantry)
To round up the theme of stealing something from others, Celica takes her Dagger back from Saber and starts throwing it around for good measure. Such priceless treasure is truly expendable, just not for the poor mercenary waiting for his salary.

So... A lot of people would go like this:

Celica, Sword  or  Hector, Sword  or  Ephraim, Sword

Ephraim, Lance  or  Hector, Lance  or  Celica, Blue Tome  or even  Veronica, Blue Tome

Veronica, Green Tome  or  Hector, Axe  or  Ephraim, Axe

Ephraim, Bow  or  Veronica, Staff  or  Celica, Dagger

My question would be... if we were to apply the first CYL-no-double-colored-Heroes, what would the mix and match be?

Edited by Will O'Donnell

Here’s my, not really predictions per se, but more of my own personal wish list.

Magical Hector donning Uther’s armor (Infantry/Armor) (Red/Green)

Celica with Seraphim or a Lance wearing Conrad’s mask. Alternatively give her Golden Dagger (Cavalier) (Blue/Gray)

Not too sure about Ephraim but...

Ephraim in Eirika’s outfit wielding Garm or Nidhogg (Infantry) (Green/Gray)

Veronica riding with Xander using Siegfried or Valaskjalf (Cavalier) (Red/Blue)

I can see Veronica having a weapon like Siegfried or even her own weapon, Would not be surprised if she was given a new version of Elivagar.

Hector could be a red unit with Forblaze or a blue unit with Rex Hasta.

Celica as a red or colorless unit with Beloved Zofia as her choice of weapon.

Ephraim could get Nidhogg or Garm.