Rally For Marth To Join the CYL2 Winners

Randoman

Since I've been hearing a lot of people bring up the issue of Marth unfairly losing the position of 2nd place in the CYL2 poll, I thought we as a community should contact Nintendo about it and bring up the split vote issue that hindered Marth in the polls. I feel like if we get enough SF members (and lurkers) to E-Mail Nintendo about the issue, they'll take the issue seriously and hopefully add Marth as a Brave Hero along with the other 4 winners of CYL2. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to dethrone Ephraim as the 2nd place male. I'm just wanting Marth to be considered as a winner as well, since depending on how you format the votes, both Marth and Ephraim can be the #2 male.

And please don't post only to rain on the parade. I already know this is a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to at least try. And seeing how there's a lot of people who were angry about Marth being hindered by split votes, we might as well channel that energy into something productive and something that could actually fix the issue. So if you're up for it, put a topic title with "Choose Your Legends 2" and something like "Marth Vote Count Issues" in the title, explain how Marth got hindered by the split vote counts, and E-Mail the message to Intelligent Systems or Nintendo at fire-emblem-heroes-support@nintendo.co.jp or support@nintendo.com

Here's the E-Mail I sent Nintendo:

Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends 2 - Marth Vote Count Issues

To Nintendo,

Regarding Fire Emblem Heroes and the current results of the Choose Your Legends 2 event, I would like to point out an issue in regards to the winners. Due to Marth having 2 poll options on the Choose Your Legends poll (one for his Shadow Dragon incarnation and one for his Mystery of the Emblem incarnation), votes were split between two versions of Marth and were not able to be calculated properly with the poll format, as a result. When accounting for votes from both Marth's Shadow Dragon (29,058) and Mystery of the Emblem (8,134) incarnations, Marth's actual vote count is 37,192, making Marth surpass Ephraim's vote count (31,027) and making Marth the 2nd place male winner in terms of vote count per character. Due to this, I feel Marth should also be included as one of the winners of the Choose Your Legends 2 event and have a Brave Incarnation of himself in Fire Emblem Heroes along with the 4 announced winners.

Evastio

Edited by Randoman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, I'm willing to roll with this, it kind of feels like units get shafted when they don't account for multiple forms. Did you send it through Heroes' ingame feedback or elsewhere?

I still want to suggest Pantsless Marth with Mercurius as it was exclusive to him then, though it is memeworthy.

I believe that's a sensible proposal. Ephraim won his 2nd place, but technically, Marth has more, but being split between two versions is what took away his deserved post. A sensible move the devs could do, as you proposed, is give Marth a spot among brave heroes as well, and all parties will be happy.

PD: FEH dev team has an history in fan feedback, so I think it's worth a try at least

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Did you send it through Heroes' ingame feedback or elsewhere?

I sent it through support@nintendo.com

I'm curious, where is the Heroes' ingame feedback? Could you provide a link to it? I should probably send a copy of my message there.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

If/When CYL 3 rolls around, rally Marth so he takes the #1 and #2 spot so they have to give us two brave Marths.

That does sound very tempting, especially with Marth being my #1 favourite FE character.

However, even if we did succeed in getting 2 Brave Marths, I really don't want things to be that unfair for all other FE characters, even with characters like Xander and Lucina getting 3 or more versions of themselves. I mean, fairness pleases far more people than favouritism does.

Marth did win #5 overall, that is why he is shown on the main page of the CYL 2 results.

As the "mascot" of the FE series, he has not been shown a lot of love in Heroes. We have more Camilla's than Marth's, this imbalance cannot continue!

Marth should have gotten something for the anniversary, at least having his banner rerun, but nothing. (At least he will get a Falchion upgrade).

The splitting of votes is very interesting. It makes sense for characters like Hector and Owain/Odin who appear in different games as either different characters or as older versions of them selves. Then you have Marth, the same character and roughly the same age in his games or is from a remake. Hopefully this can be fixed for next CYL.

3 minutes ago, Randoman said:

I'm curious, where is the Heroes' ingame feedback? Could you provide a link to it? I should probably send a copy of my message there.

Misc, FAQ/Etc, Customer Support, Feedback (or inquiry if you want).

Edited by Lord_Grima

MERGE THE VOTES

Seriously the devs eliminated both Ikes and Lucinas from the pool, why are they still splitting to begin with

they could even just keep them split but merge the final scores, then "pull" from the game with more votes

but enough of this vote-splitting nonsense we're already a 500+ character franchise, we don't need the extra ~150

This also should apply to Finn. Splitting the votes hurt him quite a bit as well. Considering how the Japanese were pretty upset about Marth’s split, the developers will most likely release a “Legendary Hero” version of Marth later down the line. 

12 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

MERGE THE VOTES

Seriously the devs eliminated both Ikes and Lucinas from the pool, why are they still splitting to begin with

they could even just keep them split but merge the final scores, then "pull" from the game with more votes

but enough of this vote-splitting nonsense we're already a 500+ character franchise, we don't need the extra ~150

Yeah, I'd definitely be down for merged votes for the next Choose Your Legends as well.

9 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

This also should apply to Finn. Splitting the votes hurt him quite a bit as well. Considering how the Japanese were pretty upset about Marth’s split, the developers will most likely release a “Legendary Hero” version of Marth later down the line. 

Well, I suppose you could E-Mail IS/Nintendo about Finn's issue as well, if you want. And the Japanese were also really upset about Marth's split votes? Good to know, since their feedback to IS/Nintendo will also help our cause.

4 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I'd like to think that the reason Marth is put next to the Brave winners on the CYL2 site after the votes got counted is that they recognize what happened and will also make a BMarth.

I'm also hoping that IS recognized what happened as well (and I definitely agree with you on there likely being a special reason for Marth being portrayed with the 4 winners), in regards to Marth's split vote issue. Well, whether IS is currently accounting for it or needs fans to convince them, it wouldn't hurt to send them an E-Mail about the issue, just in case.

It really pisses me off how they didn't just merge the votes, ugggh. I just hope the Fire Legendary Hero is Marth like we got Ike for Earth. I just really want Marth to get the love he deserves ;___;

@RandomanNah, they’ll see it as “unsolicited” and I’m pretty sure Marth will have a legendary variant later this year. They won’t ignore the angry Japanese fans on their twitter account.

Edited by Lord-Zero

I sent IS feedback about this already, but I just wanted to say that I hope they don't make Marth legendary. That won't make up for this in my opinion. Not because it isn't enough, but because legendary banners are the worst banners to ever pull from. The amount of orbs you have to put just to get a chance to get the one unit you want is horrendous unless you get lucky early on. It is the reason why all my votes are going to LIke. Preferably they make a brave version of Marth either through the CYL banner or later on in the year as that would at least give the many people that voted for him a better chance to get him or make him the seasonal poster boy ala Lucina/Camillla.

It's kind of dumb how they split the votes like that. Especially when they took out both Ikes. I'm not upset about that because they gave us Vanguard Ike. But next year Marth will be up there, so we better be getting two Marths.

I will weep salty tears into my pillow every night until he gets a Brave version.

No, seriously.

Honestly though? I'm going to put my faith in that image of him with the top 4, and hope that it means something. Maybe he'll be a TT reward? Who knows. It just stings that this has happened, and I'll probably never let this go.

Because of Marth showing up with the other four on the website, I just assumed he'd get some love. Maybe he'll be a TT unit, maybe he'll be the free unit we'll get while we've got to roll for the other four. I don't know, just throwing ideas out there, but I think they know that Marth should've been number two, and so they might throw him a bone.

I'm kinda guessing he's going to be the Legendary Fire Hero, it'd fit the name theme of the series with him being the first lord and being named after Mars.

20 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm kinda guessing he's going to be the Legendary Fire Hero, it'd fit the name theme of the series with him being the first lord and being named after Mars.

That'd be cool.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That'd be cool.

Yeah I hope I'm right in this hypothesis, especially considering Marth only has one version of himself currently.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

If he got third place this year then he'll win first place the next one.

I don't know about that, Camilla got third place last time. Also, a year is a pretty long time and FE16 is coming.

44 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I don't know about that, Camilla got third place last time. Also, a year is a pretty long time and FE16 is coming.

But Hector. The defeat from this time will be enough to rally for Marth votes next time.

16 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

But Hector. The defeat from this time will be enough to rally for Marth votes next time.

Maybe, maybe not. And even if that were true, not trying to rile anyone up but... a year is a long time. And that's just until the next CYL, the actual release will take a while too. Basically that's no consolation imo.